PDA

View Full Version : AC: Unity cloud sync not working / weird bug

McIlrath28
12-12-2014, 12:34 AM
Hello sirs,

it's been almost 2 hours since uPlay started telling me that when launching AC: Unity the client is unable to sync savegame (I'm on PC). Am I the only one experiencing the same issue? I've read on uPlay's Twitter account that today is issueday and they have been doing maintenance today itself. I still have the problem. No matter what I try.

Also I've got a very weird bug in my game.
Suddenly appeared when I started the game recently and then has never gone away.
My Assassin label (on the top-left corner, near the golden diamonds just above your health bar) is simply INVISIBLE.
I can't see the "Master" label aside the 5 golden diamonds.
But if I play multiplayer I can see the label of each other, except mine.

Tried restoring an old savegame before this happened but nothing.
Restarting the game didn't help.

Is this happening to me only?
Thank you.
Federico

YazX_
12-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Hello,

as my personal opinion, i always recommend turning off cloud sync for saves and take manual backups since the cloud will only have one version of the saves and if you synced a corrupted local saves to it, then your saves are gone, so better to take manual backups or automate it using a third party tool.

However, regarding the weird issue you are having, try to verify game files from UPlay (press the arrow next to "play" button) or steam by going to game properties --> Local Content --> Verify Integrity of game cache.

McIlrath28
12-13-2014, 03:06 PM
Hello,

as my personal opinion, i always recommend turning off cloud sync for saves and take manual backups since the cloud will only have one version of the saves and if you synced a corrupted local saves to it, then your saves are gone, so better to take manual backups or automate it using a third party tool.

However, regarding the weird issue you are having, try to verify game files from UPlay (press the arrow next to "play" button) or steam by going to game properties --> Local Content --> Verify Integrity of game cache.

Hi sir, thank you for your reply.
I've checked the files with the uPlay client and everything is okay. I have been told from the Support that this is a very common issue and they're already working on it.
About the sync, I've already done my backups and I can play with no problems and no progress-losing stuff. Just wondering why the cloud sync stopped working but I have been told from other users that they're experiencing the same trouble. So I'll just wait and hope, and let's see what happens with patch #4.

Heisenberg159
12-13-2014, 10:34 PM
Everytime I exit ACU, a message saying: "Failed to synchronize cloud saves" pops out, this doesn't happen with Assassin's Creed IV.
Is this happening to everyone and a patch would fix it or what?

YazX_
12-13-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi sir, thank you for your reply.
I've checked the files with the uPlay client and everything is okay. I have been told from the Support that this is a very common issue and they're already working on it.
About the sync, I've already done my backups and I can play with no problems and no progress-losing stuff. Just wondering why the cloud sync stopped working but I have been told from other users that they're experiencing the same trouble. So I'll just wait and hope, and let's see what happens with patch #4.

Hello, Thanks for updating us on this issue, i would suggest waiting for the next patch same as you said -which is tom 15th DEC- and see what happens, i expect that servers are under maintenance readying for the next patch, so hopefully it will get back soon.

SirGuscht
12-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Don't want to open another threat^^

I was in the middle of one of the crime quests when it gave me a blue screen and my PC rebooted. Now, it is unable to synch with cloud data. It's saying, my local files are only a few minutes away so I guess it was just before the quest. But I'm afraid of losing all progress when I try to load the local save. Shuld I try it or does someone have a better idea :/

YazX_
12-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Don't want to open another threat^^

I was in the middle of one of the crime quests when it gave me a blue screen and my PC rebooted. Now, it is unable to synch with cloud data. It's saying, my local files are only a few minutes away so I guess it was just before the quest. But I'm afraid of losing all progress when I try to load the local save. Shuld I try it or does someone have a better idea :/

BSOD is related to hardware failure either caused by a damaged hardware or drivers, so i advice you to install latest drivers for all hardware and also worth testing your RAM and check for errors (use memTest (http://www.memtest.org/)).

Anyway, answering your question, backup your saves, disable cloud sync in UPlay and open the game, at the end of the day you will open the game sooner or later. but please note, if the saves are damaged then im sorry there is no way to recover it unless if you have previous backups or downloaded the cloud save if you havent synced the corrupted saves to it.

SirGuscht
12-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Game starting all over again. This is ******** -.- Never had a single problem. Not a lag, freeze or graphical bug. 6 weeks of playing gone.

YazX_
12-16-2014, 05:22 PM
Game starting all over again. This is ******** -.- Never had a single problem. Not a lag, freeze or graphical bug. 6 weeks of playing gone.

I'm sorry to hear that, did you check the saves folder, sometimes the old saves are renamed to 1.save.old and 2.save.old, if you found them, then rename them to 1.save and 2.save, otherwise delete the saves you have and then turn on cloud sync and check if it restores your saves.

just a question, whats the size of your backed up 2.save file?

SirGuscht
12-16-2014, 05:34 PM
Just called 1.save and 2.save.2 is only 3kb while 1 is 83kb. Somehow funny that the old ones are dated to today 7:44am, when I couldn't even get into the game due to the snyc error. Does even trying to start overwrite the data?

EDIT: Memory check didn't find any problems. I usually check it once a month anyway and always use the newest drivers.

McIlrath28
12-16-2014, 05:52 PM
Dear @YazX_,

I've discovered that the invisible Assassin rank label bug wasn't a bug.
I simply disabled it for mistake when I got near Arno's desk in his room (the desk on the left, just before the exit to the balcony). I simply pressed V when I was near to it to make it visible again.

About the cloud sync, it's still broken but I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem related to me given that I didn't lose my progress, my savegame isn't corrupted and I did nothing to make this issue happen. I'll just wait.
Thank you for your attention. :)

YazX_
12-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Just called 1.save and 2.save.2 is only 3kb while 1 is 83kb. Somehow funny that the old ones are dated to today 7:44am, when I couldn't even get into the game due to the snyc error. Does even trying to start overwrite the data?

EDIT: Memory check didn't find any problems. I usually check it once a month anyway and always use the newest drivers.

ok hold on, as far as i understood:

1.save is 84 Kb
2.save is 3 kb

is that correct?

what do you mean by sync error, cloud sync or achievements sync?

Dear @YazX_,

I've discovered that the invisible Assassin rank label bug wasn't a bug.
I simply disabled it for mistake when I got near Arno's desk in his room (the desk on the left, just before the exit to the balcony). I simply pressed V when I was near to it to make it visible again.

About the cloud sync, it's still broken but I'm pretty sure this isn't a problem related to me given that I didn't lose my progress, my savegame isn't corrupted and I did nothing to make this issue happen. I'll just wait.
Thank you for your attention. :)

Thats great news, glad you had it sorted out and thx for the update on this issue.

SirGuscht
12-17-2014, 12:12 AM
Yes, the file sizes are correct.
Cloud sync. As far as I can see, I never had any problems concerning the achievements and they're all still listed in uplay. And why are there any local saves anyway? Cause if I choose to use the local ones, it's acting as if I've never played before!

Does a loss of savegame also affect Initiates btw? I'm havin still all my progress there.

SirGuscht
12-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I turned off cloud sync and now it doesn't even save AT ALL! Left for lunch and started it again afterwards and yet again starting from scratch! WTF is happening? But I do now have 1.save and 1.save.z If I use cloud sync it gives me an error and tells me to use the local file. If I play with the local file, it doesn't save. Seriously now? :mad:

YazX_
12-21-2014, 06:08 PM
Yes, the file sizes are correct.
Cloud sync. As far as I can see, I never had any problems concerning the achievements and they're all still listed in uplay. And why are there any local saves anyway? Cause if I choose to use the local ones, it's acting as if I've never played before!

Does a loss of savegame also affect Initiates btw? I'm havin still all my progress there.

1.save should be 3k-4k and 2.save should be the one with 84kb. so try this:

a. Rename 1.save (84KB) to 2.save, and remove all saves from the folder, just keep this one.
b. Disable Cloud sync for saves before launching the game.

Regarding initiates, no it doesnt get affected by saves, it records your last progression and build on that.

Regarding saving locally, this is essential for all games, cloud sync is just a feature to backup these saves, the game doesnt care if you have sync enabled or not, it just reads/writes to local saves and UPlay is the one which uploads/downloads saves. so what happens is when you launch the game, UPlay checks your local saves and cloud saves, if there is a mismatch, it prompts you about which one to use, if you choose cloud, then saves from cloud will be downloaded and replace your local saves, otherwise, it will not download anything and the game will start reading/writing on local saves in both cases, once you exit the game, UPlay will upload your saves to the cloud overwriting the ones there. if it fails to upload then you will have saves mismatch problem when you launch the game next time since your local saves are more recent that the cloud ones, so thats why i dont like cloud and have it disabled all the time, i do local automated backups instead and never had to use one of them to be honest.

I turned off cloud sync and now it doesn't even save AT ALL! Left for lunch and started it again afterwards and yet again starting from scratch! WTF is happening? But I do now have 1.save and 1.save.z If I use cloud sync it gives me an error and tells me to use the local file. If I play with the local file, it doesn't save. Seriously now? :mad:

Disable Cloud sync completely and work with local files as i described above.

SirGuscht
12-21-2014, 07:05 PM
At least it seems to save this time. Still annoying I have to start from scratch! This is still some bs.

jeffies04
12-21-2014, 07:11 PM
In my opinion, Cloud Saves is only really useful if you play on two machines to seamlessly continue your game, otherwise, it's more of a backup, but like Yaz said can back up bad files. I turned it off recently after it synced a bonked file and I had to restart the game.

I've been using Yaz's backup tool and it's quite nifty.