PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity Advertised Controlled Decent Parkour Move

WeskerAwsomness
12-11-2014, 10:09 PM
Has anyone been able to perform the parkour move that was advertised in the gameplay trailers where Arno dives from a high point, swings off a pole, and then spins onto the wall? At first I thought it didn't exist in the game but I managed to accidentally perform it at the back of the Notre Dame. I didn't really dive, however, I just swung off a gargoyle and managed to perform it. However, it seems that throughout the entire game and map , that was the only place I've been able to perform it. Has anyone been able to perform this parkour move elsewhere or been able to perform it at all?

Hans684
12-11-2014, 10:15 PM
Never tried but the parkour gives more freedom than before, so I don't mind. It allows more moment, no longer the need to follow a straight line.

timpbader
12-11-2014, 11:50 PM
I've done it. It was like a swan dive and then a swing onto a pole. I think U have to be the right distance away and only falling for so long via the jump. I think we will find that there are a number of contributing factors.

Assassin_M
12-11-2014, 11:53 PM
It's simple if you know what you're doing. Arno does it a lot when there's a pole or rope below.

By the way, what's the deal with people feeling ripped off that this move may not have been in the game? that's like saying AC II had false advertisement because Ezio can't wear JUST the gloves.

Altair1789
12-11-2014, 11:55 PM
I've been able to do it, but never like they did it in the kill captain Xavier trailer. Which is fine, it's not game breaking or even close to game breaking in anyway

SixKeys
12-12-2014, 12:03 AM
It happens occasionally but I have no idea what causes it. Certain distance from the wall/rope/pole maybe.

WeskerAwsomness
12-12-2014, 01:16 AM
Sorry, I should have been specific. Not really talking about the dive, I do that plenty in the game. I'm mainly talking about the spinning onto the wall after swinging from something. And I dont mean to sound like I'm complaining about it, it's just l like variety and it's satisfying to see other moves used every once in a while. And it kind of bothers me that it is in the game but, from how much I've played and I have beaten the whole game, there has only been one spot where I have ever been able to perform it. I just wish it could have been used more and in other places.