PDA

View Full Version : AC Victory "Sherlock Holmes Anyone?"

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 04:41 AM
Yes I know he is fictional and maybe Ubisoft wouldn't be able to because of copyrights or whatever. But how awesome would it be to have a few encounters with Sherlock Holmes It already been seen in movies TV etc. that Sherlock can be as cool and interesting as hell. but seriously throw in a little PoE action, a few crazy political plot twists, some black magic, a little templar Illuminati action maybe and BAM you got yourself a game.

If you think I'm crazy that's fine but any add-on ideas or thrashings of why I'm full of it will be appreciated all the same. I think the idea mostly excites me because of the recent Sherlock Holmes Movies were EPIC and anything following a similar wavelength would be nothing short of Awesome!!!!!!!

EmbodyingSeven5
12-11-2014, 04:57 AM
lol. I would love this. beside Blackbeard was in AC 4 soooooooooooo.................

very least they should reference him in game

THe.NoMaD
12-11-2014, 05:08 AM
Well I'm sure Arthur Conan Doyle will show up. Also the inspiration for Holmes, Joseph Bell could possibly be in it and also part of the Assassins alongside Henry Littlejohn but I'm not sure if they ever visited London.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 05:09 AM
It would also be cool because he wouldn't need eagle vision for kicking butt!!!! He could take the assassin protagonist (or whoever) by surprise by killing a target before you can get to him or something?! pow plot twist?!?!

D.I.D.
12-11-2014, 06:15 AM
There are already Sherlock Holmes games, though. Crimes And Punishments looks really good, been meaning to try that one.

http://youtu.be/T_BCRVkUbFU

I really don't think they should add established characters from other fictions into AC, anyway. They have a hard enough time giving space to all the real people who deserve a spot. If Sherlock, why not Professor Challenger, or Dorian Gray, or Dracula for that matter? These games aren't supposed to be like The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, or Penny Dreadful. They already add plenty of extra silliness to their time periods, but the rest needs to stay as faithful as possible.

VestigialLlama4
12-11-2014, 06:19 AM
Yes I know he is fictional and maybe Ubisoft wouldn't be able to because of copyrights or whatever. But how awesome would it be to have a few encounters with Sherlock Holmes It already been seen in movies TV etc. that Sherlock can be as cool and interesting as hell. but seriously throw in a little PoE action, a few crazy political plot twists, some black magic, a little templar Illuminati action maybe and BAM you got yourself a game.

If you think I'm crazy that's fine but any add-on ideas or thrashings of why I'm full of it will be appreciated all the same. I think the idea mostly excites me because of the recent Sherlock Holmes Movies were EPIC and anything following a similar wavelength would be nothing short of Awesome!!!!!!!

Sherlock Holmes is a fictional character. He is not a historical personage.

So I don't see why bring him in Assassin's Creed.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 06:33 AM
1. Okay so they can have the headless horseman in AC 3 but we can't have Sherlock in a London setting.
2. I already said I know he is fictional.

but yes crimes and punishments looks possibly good, and I'm just spit balling its not like anything I say in these forums is going to directly impact Ubisoft game development.

VestigialLlama4
12-11-2014, 06:54 AM
1. Okay so they can have the headless horseman in AC 3 but we can't have Sherlock in a London setting.
2. I already said I know he is fictional.

but yes crimes and punishments looks possibly good, and I'm just spit balling its not like anything I say in these forums is going to directly impact Ubisoft game development.

A tiny side-mission/joke is not the same thing as an actual character. If you want a cameo or something like that, sure...

Aphex_Tim
12-11-2014, 06:58 AM
lol. I would love this. beside Blackbeard was in AC 4 soooooooooooo.................

You sayin' Blackbeard is a fictional character?

pacmanate
12-11-2014, 04:36 PM

very least they should reference him in game

LOL what? Blackbeard WAS a real person.

Goxxi
12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
He is just a fictional character from totally other universe , but maybe we could meet some real or fictional detective who served as inspiration to Arthur Conan Doyle for creation of character of Sherlock Holmes ( for example on the same way like Dusan Popov was inspiration for creating of James Bond)

D.I.D.
12-11-2014, 06:48 PM
He is just a fictional character from totally other universe , but maybe we could meet some real or fictional detective who served as inspiration to Arthur Conan Doyle for creation of character of Sherlock Holmes ( for example on the same way like Dusan Popov was inspiration for creating of James Bond)

We had Vidocq in the last game, who inspired modern detective work in reality and fiction. Victory should use Adam Worth for the master criminal side, who was active in London during the Victorian era and was the inspiration for Holmes's nemesis Moriarty.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-11-2014, 06:54 PM
But how awesome would it be to have a few encounters with Sherlock Holmes...

Not awesome at all. I mean, why not have dragons and elves too, and hobbits, and vampires? I mean, they're great fun too, and they make fantastic game characters.

This is Assassin's Creed. It's supposed to be historical - and not even "alternate universe" historical, but real actual historical.

Next we'll have people asking for fricken zombies.

Look, if you want a Sherlock Holmes type character, there are plenty of real detectives who could do that for you, for example Inspector Frederick Abberline or Detective Inspector Jack Whicher. We already know Sherlock Holmes - we learn nothing from finding him in the game. Why not learn something new about REAL detectives? Truth is more interesting than fiction.

cawatrooper9
12-11-2014, 08:29 PM
I wouldn't want to see the "real" Holmes, that would be silly. However, it might be cool to show how the protagonist might have inspired Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's character and stories. After all, there's a lot to say about the strange discrepancies between Doyle (who was strangely superstitious) and Holmes (ever logical). Perhaps that's because Sherlock is based on an Assassin? :P

Hans684
12-11-2014, 09:06 PM
Next we'll have people asking for fricken zombies.

Some people have.

LoyalACFan
12-11-2014, 09:45 PM
I'd actually quite like it if our protagonist shared some of Holmes' traits (e.g. an Assassin who uses his head rather than his gut, for once) but I absolutely, positively DO NOT WANT an appearance from Sherlock Holmes in this game, that would be stupid as all hell. If they really feel the need, they could throw in some tripe about Doyle being inspired by the Assassin to write his Holmes books like they did with Ezio and The Prince, but even that would be taking it too far for my taste.

God I hope this game is written by Darby :nonchalance:

Shahkulu101
12-11-2014, 10:00 PM
I'd actually quite like it if our protagonist shared some of Holmes' traits (e.g. an Assassin who uses his head rather than his gut, for once) but I absolutely, positively DO NOT WANT an appearance from Sherlock Holmes in this game, that would be stupid as all hell. If they really feel the need, they could throw in some tripe about Doyle being inspired by the Assassin to write his Holmes books like they did with Ezio and The Prince, but even that would be taking it too far for my taste.

It isn't, at least according to Mayrice...

LoyalACFan
12-11-2014, 10:04 PM
It isn't, at least according to Mayrice...

Then WTF is Darby up to? Penning the sequel?

Shahkulu101
12-11-2014, 10:13 PM
Then WTF is Darby up to? Penning the sequel?

Well Victory has apparently been worked on for 'many years". So it's conceivable that it was in development at the same time as Black Flag and Unity - and I'm not sure a writer can juggle two games at once. Although this is all very hypothetical, of course.

There's also the possibility that they're just going to go with new writers each game and Darby will be a consultant like Corey was. That would really suck.

OR maybe he is working on it, I never saw actual proof. Mayo, if you would be so kind as to provide... :p

Hans684
12-11-2014, 10:20 PM
Losing Darby would be shame, he is one of my favorite writers. I'd put him up second to writer of The Last Of Us.

Xstantin
12-11-2014, 11:43 PM

I agree, they tried it a bit with Arno (who was a bit more strategic compared to earlier protags imo). I don't want to see Sherlock Holmes in game though (still not sure about Jack the Ripper on the other hand, but it's a different story all together).

nachdenki
12-12-2014, 12:18 AM
Although admittingly Holmes would kind of fit, I hope he will not be in there. I find it kind of annoying that ever since da vinci, every AC characters somehow meets the one person of the game era that everybody knows. AC3 had Washington, Black Flag had Blackbeard, Unity had Napoleon. Yeah, they are famous, we get it.

I mean the thing is, I can now tell you that Jack the Ripper will be in there 99%...

Dev_Anj
12-12-2014, 12:20 AM
Yes I know he is fictional and maybe Ubisoft wouldn't be able to because of copyrights or whatever.

But Sherlock Holmes is public domain. That's how quite a few people are able to make TV shows, films, broadcasts and even games around him.

GoldenBoy9999
12-12-2014, 12:41 AM
I don't want to use Sherlock Holmes because he's from a different universe and is fictional. And yes, I know you know he's fictional. :p I'd only want a glimpse of him in a cutscene or something as an easter egg but I definitely wouldn't want him to be a major or minor character.

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-12-2014, 02:22 AM
Okay I understand Crazy idea Shut down. :( waa waa waa

pacmanate
12-12-2014, 08:49 AM
Would I wouldnt mind is just an easter egg type reference.

Like, say the protag does something super smart, then your "mentor" or whoever is with you just says "Well done, sherlock", which leaves the protag confused and then the cutscene fades to black.

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 09:30 AM
Would I wouldnt mind is just an easter egg type reference.

Like, say the protag does something super smart, then your "mentor" or whoever is with you just says "Well done, sherlock", which leaves the protag confused and then the cutscene fades to black.

Haha, this.

Latte10010
12-12-2014, 10:42 AM
I have a very clear idea about this!!
You know, we had Murder Mysteries in Unity that our Assassin became a detective.

So, in Victory, our leading Assassin IS going to be a detective like Holmes, people visiting our hideout to solve their
issue, then our Assassin is going to investigate it. I'm 100% sure (hopefully ) that we have Sherlock Holmes outfit for it.

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Why not have a detective guild that you do Murder Mysteries for?

They can pay and everything.

Just a suggestion. :rolleyes:

GunnerGalactico
12-12-2014, 04:08 PM
With all due respect, I think it is a silly idea to have Sherlock Holmes as a character. If we are going to have him appear in an AC game, then we might as well have the monster dog from Hound of the Baskervilles as part of the murder mysteries aspect of the game because it was responsible for killing people. If you get my drift?

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
12-12-2014, 05:35 PM
Well Victory has apparently been worked on for 'many years". So it's conceivable that it was in development at the same time as Black Flag and Unity - and I'm not sure a writer can juggle two games at once. Although this is all very hypothetical, of course.

There's also the possibility that they're just going to go with new writers each game and Darby will be a consultant like Corey was. That would really suck.

OR maybe he is working on it, I never saw actual proof. Mayo, if you would be so kind as to provide... :p

I'm guessing he is writing the script for the game developed by the Black Flag team. He's been with them for all of his games. Revelations, AC4 both developed by the same team were both written by him. So I'm guessing he will be writing the next game after Victory, assuming the team is given a 3 yr dev cycle.

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Losing Darby would be shame, he is one of my favorite writers. I'd put him up second to writer of The Last Of Us.

This.

Hans684
12-12-2014, 07:23 PM
This.

Hope he reads it.

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 08:40 PM
Hope he reads it.

"I like his Avatar, so I'll write the story..." :rolleyes:

Jackdaw951
12-12-2014, 09:16 PM
With all due respect, I think it is a silly idea to have Sherlock Holmes as a character. If we are going to have him appear in an AC game, then we might as well have the monster dog from Hound of the Baskervilles as part of the murder mysteries aspect of the game because it was responsible for killing people. If you get my drift?

As someone already said, I think the thing to do is include Joseph Bell (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Bell), Arthur Conan Doyle's inspiration for Sherlock Holmes. They could even romanticize him a little, make him seem more like Holmes than he was IRL. Ubisoft already takes a fair amount of poetic license in fleshing out historic figures.

MasterAssasin84
12-13-2014, 12:57 AM

Personally I think they need to be focusing their attentions to unity for the time being !!

Landruner
12-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Not awesome at all. I mean, why not have dragons and elves too, and hobbits, and vampires? I mean, they're great fun too, and they make fantastic game characters. This is Assassin's Creed. It's supposed to be historical - and not even "alternate universe" historical, but real actual historical. Next we'll have people asking for fricken zombies. Look, if you want a Sherlock Holmes type character, there are plenty of real detectives who could do that for you, for example Inspector Frederick Abberline or Detective Inspector Jack Whicher. We already know Sherlock Holmes - we learn nothing from finding him in the game. Why not learn something new about REAL detectives? Truth is more interesting than fiction. Kind of Shadow of Mordor meets Buffy with a spice of Agata Agatha Christie for the suspense and intrigue ?! However: I bet you that we will perhaps see the intriguing and no fictional Joseph Merrick (Aka John Merrick the Elephant Man) because he was part of the Victorian Lore and he (alas for him) did indeed exist. Portrait of Joseph Merrick bellow - beware that looks as much as Ugly than the ACU's pre-patches lost faces:p http://www.3dtotal.com/admin/new_cropper/gallery_originals/2010-04-23(57607)_elephantman_3dtotal.jpg