PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Theory & Assassin Intel from Unity

skiddalz
12-11-2014, 04:11 AM
****SPOILERS AHEAD IN MY POST AND REST OF THREAD*****

I know everyone has said that Desmond was not a Sage. But, I was reading some of the Assassin Intel you get from the Rifts in Unity, and on 05. Phoenix Project Report, it specifically talks about finding the Triple Helix DNA, Sages, and how Subject 17 had an extraordinary amount of DNA that occurs in Sages. Why even put that bit in the Intel if it was something that everyone already knew unless they were hinting at something different? I think that Ubisoft might be taking the Modern Day story for a twist by revealing that Desmond was actually a Sage. Would be kind of cool.

Sidenote: Could Arno, Shay, and Otso Berg all be Sages?

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 04:25 AM
I know everyone has said that Desmond was not a Sage. But, I was reading some of the Assassin Intel you get from the Rifts in Unity, and on 05. Phoenix Project Report, it specifically talks about finding the Triple Helix DNA, Sages, and how Subject 17 had an extraordinary amount of DNA that occurs in Sages. Why even put that bit in the Intel if it was something that everyone already knew unless they were hinting at something different? I think that Ubisoft might be taking the Modern Day story for a twist by revealing that Desmond was actually a Sage. Would be kind of cool.

Sidenote: Could Arno, Shay, and Otso Berg all be Sages?

[SPOILER] (just in case)
I don't believe either of those would be true because the sages specifically are born with two things that desmond( and everyone else your suggesting) do not have.

1. The specifically bi-colored eyes.

2. They are born not just with a triple helix( or high concentrations of pre-civ DNA however you want to describe it) but they are born with the second soul (Junos husband/ lab rat) inside of them. what could be interesting is if these assassins were all tied together by some other specific first civ figure yet to be revealed?!?!..........PLOT TWIST CLIFFHANGER..............come on Ubisoft give us something we crave your story-telling.

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 04:26 AM
It just means that Desmond has a high percentage of 'First Civ DNA' in him -- not necessarily that of Aita, Juno's husband.

Sages are kinda-sorta-hybrid-clones of Aita; whereas it's established since AC2 that all 'hereditary' assassins share 'a high percentage of first-civ dna' (hence the 'eagle vision') -- it's just that Desmond is supposed to have more midichlorians, I mean, triple-nonsensical-dna.

Altair1789
12-11-2014, 04:29 AM
I think the game should go back to Pieces of Eden, way too much of this sage stuff

However I would love to play at least 1 mission as someone of the first civilization

king-hailz
12-11-2014, 07:59 AM
I think what it could hint at is that Desmond is a sage! But not that sage! He is not Aita but another first civ like Minerva did the same thing to Desmond!!! That would be an awesome way for him to come back!

Hans684
12-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Sages have 6% First Civ DNA, Desmond and other special people has somewhere under 1%.

skiddalz
12-11-2014, 09:11 PM
Thanks for all the input! Yeah I think I am doing a bit of wishful thinking lol. I really miss how creative, edgy, and thoughtful the modern day story started out as. Ubisoft needs to get back to that! It's the reason why I fell in love with the game. For the historical accuracy, the conspiracy theories, and the science fiction of it all. Desmond was a big part of that story. I like what "king-hailz" said about maybe Desmond is a Sage from Minerva. That would be sweet! Come on Ubi, give us some awesome modern day plot twist and be different again!

Altair1789
12-11-2014, 09:30 PM
I like the theory that says when Subject 16 yelled"I'm saving you, idiot!", he didn't mean from deletion, but from what happened in AC3. Desmond could be stuck in the animus like Clay was. In AC Brotherhood, he told Desmond "It's too late", so he would've known about Desmond dying

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
I like the theory that says when Subject 16 yelled"I'm saving you, idiot!", he didn't mean from deletion, but from what happened in AC3. Desmond could be stuck in the animus like Clay was.

This is somewhat 'confirmed', in that at least one cryptic message from Juno that you can unlock mentions something about Clay and Desmond being in the gray with her. So basically Desmond has become an easter egg now, just like Clay.

skiddalz
12-11-2014, 10:54 PM
This is somewhat 'confirmed', in that at least one cryptic message from Juno that you can unlock mentions something about Clay and Desmond being in the gray with her. So basically Desmond has become an easter egg now, just like Clay.

Where is that message? In Unity in the Intel? I haven't unlocked all of the intel yet. I am interested in finding out what all of the messages are, but I haven't seen anyone post anything yet. If it was confirmed that he is indeed not dead, that could play out in some interesting MD story.

Layytez
12-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Where is that message? In Unity in the Intel? I haven't unlocked all of the intel yet. I am interested in finding out what all of the messages are, but I haven't seen anyone post anything yet. If it was confirmed that he is indeed not dead, that could play out in some interesting MD story.
Here you go dude.
http://i.imgur.com/HrI8Cst.jpg

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 10:57 PM
It's one of the Assassin Intel documents that's unlocked through the rift missions. There was a thread about it recently, and it's on reddit. I haven't unlocked it myself (I'm taking it very slowly.)

I don't expect it to play out in that way at all, sadly; that's why I think references like that are bound to remain easter eggs from this point onward.

skiddalz
12-11-2014, 11:02 PM
Damn, you're probably right about it all remaining as easter eggs. It's like Ubisoft has completely abandoned all of this awesome stuff they could be writing up for the modern day story. It could bring so much more depth and meaning to the game and its longevity.

Also thanks for the screenshot of the intel! I'm missing that one and like 5 others.

Layytez
12-11-2014, 11:04 PM
Due to Juno's intentions it may not be just an easter egg.

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 11:08 PM
Juno herself is entirely inconsequential at this point -- indefinitely waiting for something that might not happen for millenia to come.

And since there will never be a distant-future AC game, she'll be there until they decide to end the series.

Until then, Sage hunts will supposedly hold the historical conspiracy story together.

Layytez
12-11-2014, 11:13 PM
Juno herself is entirely inconsequential at this point -- indefinitely waiting for something that might not happen for millenia to come.

And since there will never be a distant-future AC game, she'll be there until they decide to end the series.

Until then, Sage hunts will supposedly hold the historical conspiracy story together.
Going back to First Civ times via Sage Dna sounds pretty viable.

wvstolzing
12-11-2014, 11:16 PM
If only! I'd love to return to that location in Africa in the 'truth' video.

Layytez
12-11-2014, 11:17 PM
Yeah going back to Eden or what was left of it would be awesome.

Altair1789
12-12-2014, 12:35 AM

So I guess until then we won't really have anything interesting. I liked POE hunts. It seems the end of the series is not even close since Ubisoft makes their games like 4 years before their release, and they currently don't have the ending entirely planned (or so I heard)

Also, I heard something about Quebec working on AC Victory since 2007. Is that true? I hope so

tonydamiani
12-12-2014, 01:49 AM
If only! I'd love to return to that location in Africa in the 'truth' video.

Great IDEA! Would be fun has hell! Playing as the 1st Assassin's. And maybe going to the ruins of that place would be a great spin off in the Assassin's Creed Series.