PDA

View Full Version : Change AC Unity controls config back to original

Strizay1
12-11-2014, 01:40 AM
I just started playing Unity and I have to say the control config is the worst. I would like to switch it back to the original config like L1 was eagle vision, and R1 was free run. Having to hold O or X sucks when free running is the worst idea ever. Coming from just putting 30 hours into Rogue and then coming straight into Unity, I can honestly say they screwed up with the new config. I hate it and I don't think I'll ever get used to it, in fact, I don't want to get used to it. I'd like the original normal controls back.

cawatrooper9
12-11-2014, 02:20 AM
The "original"would be the puppeterring concept, where triangle controlled the head (first person view/eagle vision), square controlled armed hand (weapon use), circle controlled unarmed hand (nudge/shove), and "x" controlled legs (blend/sprint). Just sayin'.

Assassin_M
12-11-2014, 02:29 AM
When was L1 ever Eagle vision?

SolidSage
12-11-2014, 03:08 AM
Nah, Unity's controls are good.

What they SHOULD do is;
- Add an option to manually engage/disengage combat.
- Add the empty hand option (right on D-Pad in place of BOOST slot), so I can quickly go to PG mode when the kids are watching. Plus have all those extra, awesome take down animations, added to my stockpile of martial aggro abuse tools :)

Freyr1983
12-11-2014, 03:20 AM
Nah, Unity's controls are good.

What they SHOULD do is;
- Add an option to manually engage/disengage combat.
- Add the empty hand option (right on D-Pad in place of BOOST slot), so I can quickly go to PG mode when the kids are watching. Plus have all those extra, awesome take down animations, added to my stockpile of martial aggro abuse tools :)

Ya i prefer unity control . once you get used to it. it is very easy to use.

For me the older ac control like ac1 and ac2 , is so hard to use that i need to use keyboard and mouse to play. Yes i am a pc player that use a controller to play ac game ><

Strizay1
12-11-2014, 04:04 AM
The "original"would be the puppeterring concept, where triangle controlled the head (first person view/eagle vision), square controlled armed hand (weapon use), circle controlled unarmed hand (nudge/shove), and "x" controlled legs (blend/sprint). Just sayin'.

OK, so maybe not original, but more like Rogue. It's almost unplayable it's so clunky. you could hold r1 and he would just know by what's in front of him whether he had to go up or down, you don't need a specific direction button. that's right, it was pressing the left stick in, typo, my mistake. I also like moving the analog sticks to resize the map instead of the r2 button. I'm midway through 3 and I still haven't gotten used to the controls yet. and having to buy or unlock all of the basic moves is crap too. I went to double assassinate 2 guards standing side by side with my hidden blade and I ended up stabbing them with my sword instead. And then I find out even though I was given the hidden blade earlier, I can't use it unless I buy the skill upgrade.

At this point, I'm forcing myself to play this. I've played and beaten every AC game, so it's not a matter of if you don't like it don't play it. I don't like feeling this way about an AC game though.

Fatal-Feit
12-11-2014, 11:58 AM
My only complaint about the controls are the piss poor wall eject function in the game.

Farlander1991
12-11-2014, 12:42 PM
My only complaint about the controls are the piss poor wall eject function in the game.

Why? I actually quite like it. If there's a safe jump - Arno will do it, if there isn't, you have to tap the button again, it has actually saved me from several accidental deaths.

Fatal-Feit
12-11-2014, 12:51 PM
Why? I actually quite like it. If there's a safe jump - Arno will do it, if there isn't, you have to tap the button again, it has actually saved me from several accidental deaths.

It's already safe as it is since wall eject requires a pause and tap, but that's not my main concern. It's the fact that he can't eject to the sides.

deskpe
12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
You jstu got used to one thing in rogue and then u feel any change is abd casue youre not sued to it yet. ACU controls are good.

Jackdaw951
12-11-2014, 03:00 PM
Try going back and forth between Unity and Shadow of Mordor. It will make your issues with Unity/Rogue seem trivial. What we really need is a massive campaign to make remapping of controls mandatory! (Yeah, I know. Fat chance.)

It wasn't until I had to learn to use it in an armor room that I realized why I couldn't get it to work most of the time. Tap, only tap. Hold for any length of time, even short, and no dice.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-11-2014, 05:03 PM
I just wish they'd have one button for running (no climbing on anything) then add another button if you want to climb, and another for descending. I mean, why does it always have to be more complicated than that? Whenever I want to just run on the ground, I always end up climbing on some stupid obstacle. It's always been the most frustrating part of the AC games for me.

And hitting an extra button to slide over or under obstacles? What's the point? Just have one button for running, and you negotiate any vaultable or slideable obstacles automatically, because that's what we do in real life - if you're trying to get somewhere fast you naturally move forward, finding the best way over or under stuff, without thinking about it.

pacmanate
12-11-2014, 05:19 PM
When was L1 ever Eagle vision?

Duh, always, obviously. Have you even played AC?

m4r-k7
12-11-2014, 05:33 PM
It's already safe as it is since wall eject requires a pause and tap, but that's not my main concern. It's the fact that he can't eject to the sides.

THIS 100000000000000000000

I hate it - when I want to free run left or right whilst I am on a wall, it is impossible to do so and you have to stop and press it a million times and he will sometimes eject onto nothing. I want the old style wall eject back.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-11-2014, 05:46 PM
They started ****ing around with the controls back in ACIII. I just wish they would stop trying to revolutionize them and just keep evolving them. I mean, surely we can tweak some stuff and change one or two things, but must we really throw everything out every couple of years and start from scratch? I mean, it's never been perfect, but it was never completely broken either.

SlyTrooper
12-11-2014, 07:04 PM
Controls are fine. I struggle to go back to Rogue now. It just feels too loose & uncontrolled.

Moultonborough
12-11-2014, 07:31 PM
I wish it would go back to AC3/AC4 controls. It was so nice to use just one button. Now it totally useless taking up three. It gets in the way of combat as well.

D.I.D.
12-11-2014, 07:38 PM
I just wish they'd have one button for running (no climbing on anything) then add another button if you want to climb, and another for descending. I mean, why does it always have to be more complicated than that? Whenever I want to just run on the ground, I always end up climbing on some stupid obstacle. It's always been the most frustrating part of the AC games for me.

And hitting an extra button to slide over or under obstacles? What's the point? Just have one button for running, and you negotiate any vaultable or slideable obstacles automatically, because that's what we do in real life - if you're trying to get somewhere fast you naturally move forward, finding the best way over or under stuff, without thinking about it.

This would make more sense. It would also end the problems of running up a bookcase when trying to make your getaway indoors, or ending up hanging by your fingertips from a doorframe while everyone shoots your stupid guts.

I quite like the slide over/under button. I know it's technically superfluous, but I think it adds a little bit of excitement when you're running towards one of those gaps, to feel like you had some involvement in the trick. It's hard to get it wrong, but it is possible to get it wrong, and if you do then you have to deal with the consequences. If it was guaranteed, I'm not sure I'd feel so good about the action.

Altair1789
12-11-2014, 09:27 PM
I think it was much better when you had to hold A to sprint