PDA

View Full Version : Black flag question about Jackdaw upgrades

ICEing90
12-10-2014, 11:35 PM
I was just curious about the storage upgrades. I bought heavy shot upgrades but why do I need the heavy shot storage upgrade? I don't see a certain amount of heavy shot in my ship. I can't figure out what's the purpose of any storage upgrade.

GoldenBoy9999
12-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Since there aren't many good discussions right now I suppose I'll reply to one of these...

You fire heavy shot by pressing RT only. Not LT. You lose a heavy shot each time you do this and you should see a counter in the bottom right. Storage upgrades allow you to hold more.

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 11:43 PM
What GoldenBoy said.

You don't aim heavy shot, and it's a short range option only, but if you can get side-by-side with another ship then it'll cause a huge amount of damage, and will destroy a lot of ships outright.

ICEing90
12-11-2014, 12:09 AM
Thanks so much. I was using lt and rt and didn't see a diff now I know.

GoldenBoy9999
12-11-2014, 12:17 AM
Thanks so much. I was using lt and rt and didn't see a diff now I know.

Glad I could help. I was confused at first too. I hope you enjoy AC4. :o

Jackdaw951
12-11-2014, 03:30 AM
It's not quite accurate to say you don't aim. You do have to aim--with the Jackdaw itself. You'll get a good sense after a while about where your heavy shot is going to fly. After that, you'll be able to use it at a bit longer range. It hits a lot harder than round shot, so it's worthwhile to practice.

cawatrooper9
12-11-2014, 03:35 AM
Also, the shot that you aim with using LT (roundshot) can be upgraded as well- it generally doesn't do as much damage as heavy shot, but it has a longer range and is more accurate.