PDA

View Full Version : SCEE error

Katzachben
12-10-2014, 02:01 PM
PS Europe have really stuffed up this time.They are giving away free Jimi Hendrix a week early - but to PS3 owners.Dan - this really is beyond a joke now and costing your company major $$$'s - It's time to stop taking it easy on them and put your foot down....Its really beyond a joke now and is causing Irreversible damage to your brand.

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 02:19 PM
Cool! Now we can all complain to Dan/Ubisoft about the PS3 folks getting Hendrix for free and a week early and why can't we get it for free http://www.mosaicandstainedglass.org/forums/Smileys/mosaic/rofl.gif

Carl

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 02:40 PM
haha wow

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-gb/the-wind-cries-mary-jimi-hendrix/cid=EP0001-BLES01862_00-RS002SONG0000281

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 02:46 PM
Looks like it's just the one song though based on my search (thanks toymachinesh for the link).

Carl

swiegand
12-10-2014, 02:58 PM
Maybe there will be more free songs when SCEE tries to correct the error.
I'd rather get BFMV & maybe BJ for money instead of one free Hendrix song.

The_Working_Man
12-10-2014, 03:08 PM
That's a very nice token on their part after all the trouble they've apparently been causing around the world. They must have people here reading all the threads and figuring out what to do about it. ;)

So, who's going to start the SCEE love thread? :p

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 03:12 PM
Maybe there will be more free songs when SCEE tries to correct the error.
I'd rather get BFMV & maybe BJ for money instead of one free Hendrix song.

and tricks for free

Dj_Hercules
12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
Haha - Just checked the PSN store to find 20+ PS4 tracks ready to download! Then I came on here to advise people as there is probably 30 overall - and I notice Jimi Hendrix. Whether it is free on Ps3 by mistake - technically I can download it on PS4 when its there too (if its not free)

Win Win!!! ;)

Wavey_Dave_76
12-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Awwww... only one track. Pretty funny though. Sadly I'm at work but hopefully going through the purchase will leave it in my download list if/when they correct the mistake.

Maybe I am just an old skeptic but it seems a lot to go through to give us a different screw up to talk about so we don't notice the lack of other content posted (again) in an hour or so

swiegand
12-10-2014, 03:58 PM
and tricks for free
No, chicks ;-)

Wavey_Dave_76
12-10-2014, 04:42 PM
I'm not convinced this is a stuff up anymore. It is actually listed as a free download in their "new to the store" blog post. Perhaps they are just being nice to us after screwing us over for so long...

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 05:48 PM
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/12/10/new-playstation-store-destiny-dlc-lara-croft-temple-osiris/

wow

Wavey_Dave_76
12-10-2014, 05:51 PM
Then again, how many of us want just one track? It's pointless as an apology because most of us would buy the packs and get it anyway

Kynlore
12-10-2014, 06:03 PM
If it was free on purpose Dan would have said so before it was listed.

flynlion
12-10-2014, 06:06 PM
Crazy. Wind Cries Mary is one of my favorites, anybody try it yet? (I'm on xbox)

swiegand
12-10-2014, 06:11 PM
It's nice, one of my favorites as well, right after Little Wing and Bold As Love.
Got it, tried it, but now back to work...

flynlion
12-10-2014, 06:14 PM
It's nice, one of my favorites as well, right after Little Wing and Bold As Love.
Got it, tried it, but now back to work...

:)

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 06:19 PM
Then again, how many of us want just one track? It's pointless as an apology because most of us would buy the packs and get it anyway

Does buying the pack cost as much as buying just 11 tracks? If you download this and buy the individual songs vs the pack, are you saving a buck or two?

So a quick Steam look; $2.99 per song works out to $33.88 but the 12 pack is $29.99 so you're getting 2 songs for free. So one free song isn't worth downloading unless you're getting 10 songs or fewer.

Carl

Wavey_Dave_76
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
Dunno. I can't remember if the smaller packs prices were quoted anywhere, just $30 for the full 12 pack (which when converted to SCEE-bucks, that's like half my months mortgage! lol) but if I am right in thinking you pay $2.95 for a track over there, that's pretty much the same as 10 tracks, so you wont save anything buying individually. You just stump up the full whack for the whole pack and grumble a lot at having to buy something you already have.

...unless you really don't like Purple Haze and Manic Depression, but come on... who doesn't?!

swiegand
12-10-2014, 06:32 PM
With SCEE, the math can be kind of different.
For example, the Killswitch Engage 3-Pack is 11.99 Euros while the single songs are 1.99 each...

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 06:39 PM
Yea, I was looking at the US Steam PC costs. YMMV :)

Carl

flynlion
12-10-2014, 06:41 PM
It's a freebie, so it's not likely to cost you any more than if you just bought the full pack. Might as well download it and start playing Jimi a week early.

Edit: Unless downloading this tune somehow disqualifies you from the full pack discount next week? Nahhh....SCEE would NEVER do that (would they?)

tmitch45
12-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Intentional or not this really goes no where near for making up for the BS we in Europe have put up with compared to the rest of the world. In my opinion the least they could do with is give us the whole pack fro free!!! or at least a choice of one of the recent packs they have cocked up on for free! I'm still waiting on what happens as there in no change in the EU store today. Sony will loose me and others as a customer if what has been promised doesn't happen and soon! That Xbox one is just a click away.

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 06:48 PM
Intentional or not this really goes no where near for making up for the BS we in Europe have put up with compared to the rest of the world. In my opinion the least they could do with is give us the whole pack fro free!!! or at least a choice of one of the recent packs they have cocked up on for free! I'm still waiting on what happens as there in no change in the EU store today. Sony will loose me and others as a customer if what has been promised doesn't happen and soon! That Xbox one is just a click away.

*ding* *ding* *ding* We have a winner!

Johnny, tell him what he won.

:D

Carl

DanAmrich
12-10-2014, 07:02 PM
This is obviously an error and we expect it to be fixed shortly.