PDA

View Full Version : Patch "Failed to start download"

YazDeAce
12-10-2014, 12:44 PM
Hello,
So apparently when I tried to play the game today it requires me to download a patch, am I the only one getting that error "Download Failed. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard disk and click retry to start the download again or try again later"?
I downloaded it and it worked just fine yesterday.

Akhkharu2012
12-10-2014, 01:05 PM
I've got the same problem, didn't download anything yesterday, though. I'm 100 percent sure I do have enough hard drive space and active network. Anyway, it doesn't work like normal. Can any one figure this out?

CYBINK
12-10-2014, 01:54 PM
If you have purchased a retail boxed version install from the CD which I know is a laborious task of 6 DVD Discs. but it will install fine. Download versions are giving an error message that your internet connection cannot be detected or you have inefficient disk space.

YazDeAce
12-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't own a physical copy of the game, just the digital one. I am trying to verify game files and see if that forces it to download the files, I will update with results. Though, if that doesn't work, I do hope there would be an explanation/fix.

YazX_
12-10-2014, 02:06 PM
usually verify files donest work either if patch failed to download, this is caused by missing/corrupted UPlay_install.state file inside UbisoftGameLauncher\data\720, however, if verify files works, then verify files then close UPlay, restart PC, and then run UPlay as admin.

YazDeAce
12-10-2014, 02:34 PM
Yup, it didn't work. said the files are validated. I tried restarting my router, PC, and running as administrator before. and none seemed to work. I thought the service could be down, but I guess not. what else can I do?

YazX_
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM
PMed you, plz check inbox.

YazDeAce
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
Nothing seems to work so far ;/

Mr_Shade
12-10-2014, 06:01 PM
Nothing seems to work so far ;/

Hi there,

If you are still having issues downloading the small update - please contact support - they will be able to trouble shoot your system and see what the issue is.

It's odd if you have been able to download the older updates - yet this one refuses to comply.

www.support.ubi.com

monsimons
12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
Hi there,

If you are still having issues downloading the small update - please contact support - they will be able to trouble shoot your system and see what the issue is.

It's odd if you have been able to download the older updates - yet this one refuses to comply.

www.support.ubi.com

What was the update anyway? The version didn't increment (it's still 1.3.0). Is it something nice?

YazX_
12-10-2014, 11:12 PM
Ok, lets check your registry keys and UPlay Games/Installers path:

1. Open UPlay settings.
2. Go to Downloads, Make sure the path of "Games installation location" point to the parent folder on where ACU is installed (i.e if ACU is installed on C:\Ubisoft\ACU, then set it to C:\Ubisoft).
3. Navigate to the path that its shown in Game Installer Cache Location", take a backup of the contents there (if any) and delete everything.
4. Close UPlay and make sure its closed in Tray.
5. Open Registry (Start ---> Run --> Regedit)
6. Navigate to those keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

on the right you will find a string value called "installdir", make sure it points to the correct ACU installation folder (NOT PARENT FOLDER as an example if ACU is installed on C:\Ubisoft\ACU, then the value should be C:/Ubisoft/ACU , note the forward slash, yes its forward slash "/" not backslash "\" )for both registry keys, if you have one of the keys above missing or the values on the right, then that explains the reason on why its failing. if the "installdir" path is wrong, then double click on it and edit the path to point to ACU installation path as i mentioned earlier.

7. Copy UPlay_install.state to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\720

it worth also checking UPlay log files, they are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs,before launching UPlay, delete all logs, then launch UPlay and try to verify files, if it fails, check the logs and see whats the error and paste it here so we can help you further.

YazDeAce
12-11-2014, 11:50 AM
I really appreciate your help, it's finally working now. Here are the steps I used:
1- I backed up the game installation files,save files, and registry values from the address you listed above.
2 - Re-installed Uplay, used the registry file I exported so it doesn't force me to download the 7 gbs again, changed the installdir to my backup location.
3 - started Uplay, verified the game and that made it download extra files. started the game and it crashed, so I verified again and it downloaded 10 extra MBs and now it's working !
Thank you for helping me out though :)

YazX_
12-11-2014, 01:42 PM
glad it worked out for you and i was able to help, enjoy :)

xanderblare
12-14-2014, 05:32 AM
I really appreciate your help, it's finally working now. Here are the steps I used:
1- I backed up the game installation files,save files, and registry values from the address you listed above.
2 - Re-installed Uplay, used the registry file I exported so it doesn't force me to download the 7 gbs again, changed the installdir to my backup location.
3 - started Uplay, verified the game and that made it download extra files. started the game and it crashed, so I verified again and it downloaded 10 extra MBs and now it's working !
Thank you for helping me out though :)

Hey Im having the same problem with my ACU patch in uplay. I saw this post but was a little confused on the processes you took to get it to work. I want to do the same thing you did. Can you tell the clear step by step instruction on what you did to fix the failed to download patch problem. Please help a fellow ACU player. Thanks. Sorry for being noob about this.

JasonGill42
12-15-2014, 10:08 AM
If you have purchased a retail boxed version install from the CD which I know is a laborious task of 6 DVD Discs. but it will install fine. Download versions are giving an error message that your internet connection cannot be detected or you have inefficient disk space.

Mine had 5 DVD's and a lot quicker than downloading, so not exactly laborious, and they really should start releasing games on blu-ray, cause 1 bluray must be cheaper than 5 DVD's.

drop_toya
12-15-2014, 10:44 AM
Mine had 5 DVD's and a lot quicker than downloading, so not exactly laborious, and they really should start releasing games on blu-ray, cause 1 bluray must be cheaper than 5 DVD's.

They won't do that, the majority of pc buys the digital version and only very few (including myself) buy the disc version.

Mr_Shade
12-15-2014, 11:59 AM
They won't do that, the majority of pc buys the digital version and only very few (including myself) buy the disc version.

also - compared to DVD - the install base for blu-ray isn't 100% - a blu ray drive can read dvds though;)

J_Alphonse
12-17-2014, 04:44 AM

1. Open UPlay settings.
2. Go to Downloads, Make sure the path of "Games installation location" point to the parent folder on where ACU is installed (i.e if ACU is installed on C:\Ubisoft\ACU, then set it to C:\Ubisoft).
3. Navigate to the path that its shown in Game Installer Cache Location", take a backup of the contents there (if any) and delete everything.

on the right you will find a string value called "installdir", make sure it points to the correct ACU installation folder (NOT PARENT FOLDER as an example if ACU is installed on C:\Ubisoft\ACU, then the value should be C:/Ubisoft/ACU , note the forward slash, yes its forward slash "/" not backslash "\" )for both registry keys, if you have one of the keys above missing or the values on the right, then that explains the reason on why its failing. if the "installdir" path is wrong, then double click on it and edit the path to point to ACU installation path as i mentioned earlier.

7. Copy UPlay_install.state to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\720

it worth also checking UPlay log files, they are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs,before launching UPlay, delete all logs, then launch UPlay and try to verify files, if it fails, check the logs and see whats the error and paste it here so we can help you further.

Tried this, still cannot download. it's been one week I cannot play this game. Submitted my case to the support, no reply so far. I'm pretty sure my connection is fine, and there are 200gb in my harddrive.

rock172000
01-14-2015, 07:17 AM

1. Open UPlay settings.

it worth also checking UPlay log files, they are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs,before launching UPlay, delete all logs, then launch UPlay and try to verify files, if it fails, check the logs and see whats the error and paste it here so we can help you further.:mad:

NomadLapse
04-08-2015, 08:02 AM
Where is it? and where do i paste it??
i just bought the game and i can't update. the download just instantly shows " check your internet connection and sufficient space on hdd" both of which i have and working fine.....

1. Open UPlay settings.

YazX_
04-08-2015, 11:47 AM
Where is it? and where do i paste it??
i just bought the game and i can't update. the download just instantly shows " check your internet connection and sufficient space on hdd" both of which i have and working fine.....

This is an old method for verifying files not download from scratch and its not applicable anymore since UPlay now supports discovering files, however, in your case check logs and see whats the error you are having then report back:

it worth also checking UPlay log files, they are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs,before launching UPlay, delete all logs, then launch UPlay and try to download, if it fails, check the logs and see whats the error and paste it here so we can help you further.

NomadLapse
04-08-2015, 02:28 PM
This is an old method for verifying files not download from scratch and its not applicable anymore since UPlay now supports discovering files, however, in your case check logs and see whats the error you are having then report back:

it worth also checking UPlay log files, they are located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\logs,before launching UPlay, delete all logs, then launch UPlay and try to download, if it fails, check the logs and see whats the error and paste it here so we can help you further.

the logs say-
[ 2944] 2015-04-08 12:34:52 [ 5396] ERROR EdisonManifest.cpp (207) Failed to read manifest content.
[ 2944] 2015-04-08 12:34:52 [ 5396] ERROR DownloadEdisonSetupPatch.cpp (245) Failed to get patching manifest.

NomadLapse
04-08-2015, 08:24 PM
Any suggestion? please..?

coca1011
04-09-2015, 05:19 PM
i from malaysia....i also cannot download patch for assassin creed rogue and black flag....i want download patch,but this word is out " check your internet connection and sufficient space on hdd" ...i already try verify files both game...but also same....what happen uplay??Now i really boring with uplay....i already go to to make question in ubi.support...but no one from ubisolf reply....emmm...dot no what gonna do..

NomadLapse
04-11-2015, 02:56 PM
i from malaysia....i also cannot download patch for assassin creed rogue and black flag....i want download patch,but this word is out " check your internet connection and sufficient space on hdd" ...i already try verify files both game...but also same....what happen uplay??Now i really boring with uplay....i already go to to make question in ubi.support...but no one from ubisolf reply....emmm...dot no what gonna do..

hey people i found solution with some digging around....
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\720
rename the the folder 'manifest' to anything else like 'manifest sold'
and try again
its that simple.... worked perfectly for me

BUT THIS IS FOR UNITY ONLY. Others, find the corresponding number for Rogue and Black Flag in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data
and do the same

coca1011
04-12-2015, 02:25 AM
hey people i found solution with some digging around....
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data\720
rename the the folder 'manifest' to anything else like 'manifest sold'
and try again
its that simple.... worked perfectly for me

BUT THIS IS FOR UNITY ONLY. Others, find the corresponding number for Rogue and Black Flag in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\data
and do the same

Tq so much dude...u are my hero...now my problem already solve....cheer bro...

JohnsonLoo
11-24-2015, 07:51 PM
omg..it work on ac syndicate too..thank a lot;)

MadRokSta28
03-23-2016, 07:35 AM

I have purchase the retail boxed version and after launching into Uplay and choosing a language I have this "Failed to start download" error message and it suggests i may not be connected to the internet - However, it accepted my Product Key and established my accounts connection anyways. (Windows 10 Home Edition)

MadRokSta28
03-23-2016, 07:37 AM
I dont seem to have a folder inside called manifest?
Infact 720 is empty?!

YazX_
03-26-2016, 12:23 PM
I dont seem to have a folder inside called manifest?
Infact 720 is empty?!

yes UPlay has changed, go to game installation folder and you will find a folder called uplay_download, delete this folder and restart UPlay as admin and try to download now.