PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Would you buy Clapton's songs if they were DLC?

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 01:47 AM
You can import 52/57 songs from Rocksmith 1

The two major ones (no offense towards Seth Chapla and Chris Lee) that you miss out on are::

Eric Clapton "Run Back To Your Side"
Cream "Sunshine of Your Love"

Would you pay $2.99 for each song if Ubisoft SF was able to negotiate that?

This is not a DLC Request thread, we are just discussing those two songs coming back to the Rocksmith 2014 library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouf9R_OPzDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKBnP1uy-8

muscularteeth
12-10-2014, 02:42 AM
of course!

dm_gsxr
12-10-2014, 03:20 AM
And any other one he cared to share.

Carl

rapplebee
12-10-2014, 03:22 AM
And any other one he cared to share.

Carl

What Carl said.

dallasdave22
12-10-2014, 03:43 AM
Yes, I miss playing Sunshine.

That being said, I'd be happier if they were part of a pack.

cws78
12-10-2014, 03:44 AM
Yes and YES!!!!!!!!

Rock On

AlloysiusGrunt
12-10-2014, 03:50 AM
Yeppers.

courseiam
12-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Yeah probably for Sunshine of Your Love. On a side note, I'd love to have Seth Chapla's song (can't remember what it was called) in 2014. Used to love playing it. Shame it will probably not happen.

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 04:48 AM
Jules, and agreed, love that song.

SeattleSauve
12-10-2014, 05:06 AM
I probably wouldn't buy them again, but it's mainly because of the massive amount of amazing songs I haven't fully played through yet in the catalog. I do enjoy both songs, just have so little time to play these days.

I really like both songs and find their solos to be very approachable, yet fun to play. I think Run Back to Your Side was the first solo in RS1 that I really felt happy for leveling fully, nice pentatonic sections and good feel to them. And for anyone who recalled the mastery issues with the first RS1, fully leveling the Sunshine of Your Love solo ahead of set level, was quite an accomplishment, so I played that thing so many times :)

derrickhenry1
12-10-2014, 07:42 AM
I would rather have Jules and star spangled banner more, but yes I would definitely buy these.

eevilways
12-10-2014, 07:52 AM
Short answer: yes!

Long answer: Yes and also the other songs that didn't carry over! :D

derrickhenry1
12-10-2014, 11:15 AM
I can see the Facebook backlash already, whining about a song they feel they already purchased. Don't let them prevent Clapton from becoming a DLC.

armoury_R1
12-10-2014, 02:52 PM
Hell yeah!

AwakeElk2406
12-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Sunshine of Your Love definitely; Run Back to Your Side - probably not.

Wavey_Dave_76
12-10-2014, 05:00 PM
Hmmm... not sure if this question is a bit flawed because there will be a different response from people who imported all their RS1 tracks, to those who only started playing with RS2014. I would personally buy a Clapton pack but I would feel aggrieved if those two songs were part of it. If they manage to get the licensing sorted out to be able to put them out for 2014, then they should really be downloadable as part of the import pack.

It sucks, but the reason they were missing (from what I can see) can only be because they couldn't license them for the new game. If that is the case and his people changed their minds with the new game, I don't think it looks that good for any other Clapton tracks in future :(

pedietz
12-10-2014, 06:00 PM
Add 3 songs and turn it into a 5-pack, and it's an INSTABUY!

Wyldfyst
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM
I would love to get the entire Eric Clapton collection on RockSmith 2014. He is one of my all time favorite guitarists.

DanAmrich
12-10-2014, 07:12 PM
Who wouldn't? You could make this poll for any of the artists we'd like to get into the game and the answer would be the same. Of course people want to learn how to play songs from their favorite artists.

toymachinesh
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
I figure that some RS1 owners (that imported the songs) would feel weird about it. I guess they aren't really on this forum though (probably find them on facebook and in a comments section).

mbarsott
12-10-2014, 07:44 PM
Who wouldn't? You could make this poll for any of the artists we'd like to get into the game and the answer would be the same. Of course people want to learn how to play songs from their favorite artists.

I wouldn't, and that would be the only DLC I would not have. Clapton is my favourite guitar player, I have a bunch of offical Clapton tab books, but I definitely would be offended (even more than when they refused to license to RS 2014) if they wanted to sell me something I have already paid for. Especially because all other artists did not do that. Anyway, I play Sunshine from memory now and I don't care about playing Run Back to Your Side anymore. Really disappointed when these did not transferred to the new version. I know author rights is a grey area, but in my opinion when you buy something with rights and you want it on another media, you just have to pay for the media. Maybe a little more for the work to put that on the new media, but never authoral rights again. You have paid for that already.

pedietz
12-10-2014, 07:51 PM
That's why I like the idea of a bigger pack. The $1 or $2 savings helps offset the cost of re-buying them.

Jimi_Jimmy
12-10-2014, 08:13 PM
Well, for me, I came to the mighty Rocksmith quite late and never owned the first game. When I heard that you could import the songs from the original to 2014, I went and checked out the songs and I must admit that two of the big ones that made me decide to purchase the first game was the two Clapton cuts. I was quite miffed after I bought the game and the import tool to find that both those songs were not included. I had no idea these songs were not importable, and I am sure that it was mentioned somewhere in the fine print, but I didn't see it. So anyways, I guess I can technically still play them if I really want to, since I own the first game now. That would mean I have to install it, though, ha ha, and from the You Tube vids I have seen of the original game, it seems to pale in comparison to 2014, so I will just let them pass. It would be awesome if they could somehow be made available, and yes, I would buy them if they came out as songs.

rcole_sooner
12-10-2014, 08:35 PM
I don't care about either of those songs.

Yrd
12-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Never heard of him.

toymachinesh
12-11-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't care about either of those songs.

You used to!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WimsqRG8YG4

rcole_sooner
12-11-2014, 04:01 PM
Don't get me wrong. I really like Clapton, and yes, I'd play those songs if they were available.

I could just live without those particular Clapton songs.

I would not pay for them ... unless they were part of a larger pack.

I will add, that Run Back To Your Side was the song I always seem to get for a MM encore in the old game. It let me unlock most of the unlockable songs. So it does have a warm place in my memory for that reason.

Heh! I did that video while my collar bone was broken clean into. Got my plate and screws the next morning.

swiegand
12-11-2014, 04:26 PM
To me this sounds like a rhetorical question given SCEE's laziness and/or inability. You lucky guys with an American account!

toymachinesh
12-11-2014, 04:36 PM
It's actually a hypothetical question since the situation doesn't exist.

swiegand
12-11-2014, 04:48 PM
"Would you buy Clapton's songs from RS1 as DLC for RS2014?" is not hypothetical, since it has been asked here.

toymachinesh
12-11-2014, 04:55 PM
ok

bentoast
12-11-2014, 05:23 PM
You can import 52/57 songs from Rocksmith 1

The two major ones (no offense towards Seth Chapla and Chris Lee) that you miss out on are::

Eric Clapton "Run Back To Your Side"
Cream "Sunshine of Your Love"

Would you pay $2.99 for each song if Ubisoft SF was able to negotiate that?

This is not a DLC Request thread, we are just discussing those two songs coming back to the Rocksmith 2014 library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouf9R_OPzDg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjKBnP1uy-8

Considering that I will play Rocksmith 1 just to play Sunshine, I would pay $3 to not have to switch discs anymore.

PTrash13
12-11-2014, 05:32 PM
As an RS1 owner that did the import, I would most certainly buy both of these if they were made available as DLC. I hope when they release RS2016, imports (free or fee) are available for both RS1 and RS2014.

Wavey_Dave_76
12-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Hypothetical is closer than rhetorical (I got your back dude! lol). A hypothetical is not one which goes unasked, but one which is based on a premise which doesn't exist whereas rhetorical questions are those asked which don't need answering. You could say the mere fact there are options for answers negates the possibility of it being rhetorical.

Anyway, as someone I think he aimed the question at having owned and imported the RS1 content to RS2014, it's a question that offends my eyes. I would refuse to buy it and come on here acting like a spoilt brat complaining like mad. I would love more Clapton and to reflect a comment earlier I would hate attitudes like mine to prevent them doing more tracks, but as for these two, to my mind, I have bought them and should be able to transfer them under the same agreement if they managed to get licensing for them on RS2014.

I'm just upset that the yesses are winning as they include everyone who hasn't bought the tracks once already. lol Least I can admit it :p

Perhaps it should have included an answers "Yes even though I bought the import pack", and "No I already paid for this once, I wont do it again!", so you can differentiate between those RS1 users and pure RS2014 users.

toymachinesh
12-11-2014, 06:29 PM
rcole is free to make those changes :)

DanAmrich
12-11-2014, 07:08 PM
I figure that some RS1 owners (that imported the songs) would feel weird about it. I guess they aren't really on this forum though (probably find them on facebook and in a comments section).

Oh -- you mean "would you feel weird about buying something that feels like it should have been in the import pack"? I didn't think of it that way because I have accepted the reality of the licensing in this case. I'd love to see Clapton in the game in any form, personally, but you know -- we still have to go through all those steps that we go through with any artist. Yadda yadda yadda bit.ly/rsprocess (http://bit.ly/rsprocess) etc.

toymachinesh
12-11-2014, 07:27 PM
I have also accepted that reality (and have in the past) but remember that Rock Band 3 was able to eventually get Dani California and Black Hole Sun back

http://www.giantbomb.com/rock-band-3/3030-27919/forums/title-update-tomorrow-black-hole-sun-and-dani-cali-523210/

although that's a bit different I suppose.

http://www.giantbomb.com/rock-band-3/3030-27919/forums/title-update-tomorrow-black-hole-sun-and-dani-cali-523210/