PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Story Ideas? [potential spoilers]

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 11:04 PM
We all know how poorly received Unity's story was. It was a retread of stuff we've already seen. Revenge/Redemption + Assassin/Templar love. The modern day also ceased to exist. This left a lot of people, including myself, disappointed. Even Yahtzee Crowshaw (a notable game critic from The Escapist who regularly expresses his tiredness of the franchise) noted how he missed the Modern Day and found Arno's story arch to be unoriginal.

I want to let Ubisoft know there's more potential plots out there yet to be explored. This thread will be the example.

I want you guys to post a logline stating a scenario for an Assassin's Creed plot.

Let's show Ubisoft we want to see more variety.

If you don't know what a logline is, it's basically a sentence or two explaining the plot of a written work. You don't have to specify location.

Here are my examples:

A soldier who keeps having to deal with Assassins/Templars bringing their conflict into his life. After seeing countless soldiers die (seemingly unnecessarily) by their hands, he decides to take action and wipe out both sides, not once aligning himself with either faction.

A family man takes up assassin contracts as a way to maintain a stable income for his family. His family is unaware of his involvement until Templars start seeking him out. Overtime. he begins to prioritize the brotherhood over his family and they distance themselves from him. As consequence, he eventually leads his family to their indirect deaths and starts a new family as a changed man. (yeah I know it's basically Breaking Bad but it would be new for AC specifically)

A mercenary who is hired to spy on both Assassins and Templars. He/She eventually invests himself/herself in the conflict between the two factions and attempts to resolve things peacefully. He/She realizes the two factions will not cooperate without a shared enemy. The mercenary, having developed a bond between the members of both factions, decides to go Rogue and hinder both Templar and Assassin affairs. He/She becomes the one enemy both factions target, sacrificing his/herself for the sake of temporary peace. (this individual can have a blood vile, thus explaining why we can relieve his/her memories without a descendant)

An Assassin novice who witnesses his/her grandmaster slowly go mad, ordering assassinations left and right for minor reasons deemed "justified" according to the creed. It starts off with killing people for the sake of being templars and slowly escalates. (The novice will be the one carrying out the killings) The mad man does whatever he can to prove people not innocent in order to have them killed. The novice comes to a realization that innocence is in the eye of the beholder and thus deems the creed valueless. He/She eventually decides to take down the mad grandmaster, making him/her a traitor to the brotherhood. Unsatisfied with the creed, the novice decides to develop a new faction of his/her own. This will be a new faction introduced to the franchise.

A sailor who discovers a Piece of Eden that can control the weather. He uses this to his advantage, summoning whirlpools, hurricanes, fogs, and storms on a whim. (This is more of an idea for a game mechanic than a solid story.)

My ideas aren't great, but I was trying to go for something we really haven't seen yet in AC. These are just generic examples.

Can y'all come up with anything? Go for it. I'm really curious to hear your ideas.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 11:15 PM
A prostitute who sells her body to provide for her family, accidentally finds herself in the middle of the AVT conflict...

Don't question me...I'm bored.

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 11:16 PM
A prostitute who sells her body to provide for her family, accidentally finds herself in the middle of the AVT conflict...

Don't question me...I'm bored.

Has to be male prostitute. Otherwise you're objectifying women, you sexist! :rolleyes:

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 11:17 PM
An assassin whose family is killed. We haven't seen that before I don't think :p

Your ideas are actually pretty interesting

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 11:18 PM
Has to be male prostitute. Otherwise you're objectifying women, you sexist! :rolleyes:

Oh, yeah. That's right.

So immature and inconsiderate of me. :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 11:43 PM
Hmm, interesting! Here's a few ideas of mine:

Potential Name- Assassins Creed: Gemini
I've mentioned a few times here that it would be cool to have a game about Assassin twins, in which the storylines divert when one of the twins converts to the Templars- thus, depending on which ancestor was chosen, players could see the events of the game from two different perspectives (this could work now that it seems we're not following any specific person's genealogy). There could also be a PVP faction element of the game, in which players could be joined in co-op by allies in free roam- but attacked by enemy players secretly as well, kind of like in Watch_Dogs.

Potential Name- Assassins Creed: Hunted
I also like the idea of a soldier- or even a civilian, really. Anybody who isn't directly related with the Assassin/Templar conflict would do. Unlike in Black Flag, however, our hero could caught directly in between the conflict, against both sides. If this was the case, though, I'd like to see the hero severely underpowered. Weak combat skills, low health- maybe (s)he can't even do parkour. Instead, they have a POE (which, at some point in the game, might grant them skills akin to the Assassin and Templars). Possession of this POE would also provide the motivation to why they're being pursued by these organizations.

Potential Name- Assassins Creed: Fractured Ages
An Assassin finds a piece of Eden that allows for time travel. However, they find that they cannot control it well, and must cope with constantly phasing between different eras (kind of like the Helix stuff, but actually occurring outside of the Animus). Any time can be visited, from the First Civ era (and even before) to modern day, including everything in between. This could work for a lot of cities, but might I suggest Athens (with the Assassin originally coming from the Classical era?)

Potential name- Assassins Creed: Destinies
A game chronicling the rise of the Assassins and Templars (both of different names) in the Americas... before the arrival of the Europeans (I'm not sure if this conflicts with the established lore, so if it does, forget it). This could be an interesting way to play with the idea that the no matter what they're called or where they are, the philosophies of these two groups are destined to manifest themselves and clash with each other.

Potential name- Assassins Creed: Masters
Players would be, at the dev team's choice, either an Assassin Mentor or Templar Grandmaster (though I think the Templars would fit better with this thematically), The game would essentially just show the Grandmaster's rise to power, both in fighting his Assassin enemies and in a Machiavellian twist killing off Templar competition. However, the game would be set in a war-torn city- perhaps 1864 Petersburg, 1941-1944 Leningrad, or (and I can't believe this hasn't been a setting yet) 214-212 B.C. Syracuse. Many missions would involve battles/sieges/skirmishes around the city, focusing on an on-the-fly switch between traditional AC gameplay and RTS gameplay. While the RTS mode would be the crux of the battle, the Grandmaster and his followers could take out key targets during the chaos. They could even instigate battles for the sole purpose of causing a distraction to eliminate their foes.I think this could allow for more realistic battles in the AC Universe.

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 11:47 PM
I've mentioned a few times here that it would be cool to have a game about Assassin twins, in which the storylines divert when one of the twins converts to the Templars- thus, depending on which ancestor was chosen, players could see the events of the game from two different perspectives (this could work now that it seems we're not following any specific person's genealogy). There could also be a PVP faction element of the game, in which players could be joined in co-op by allies in free roam- but attacked by enemy players secretly as well, kind of like in Watch_Dogs.

This is a very interesting concept. I heard the idea of twins before but not reliving their memories around the same time.

I don't know if one being an assassin and one being a templar would be too coincidental, but it def offers a new way of telling an AC narrative.

Also 1 could be a boy and 1 a girl. That way it answers the survey question of playing as a boy or girl without breaking pre-established rules in the AC universe.

The_Kiwi_
12-09-2014, 11:51 PM
An assassin born into the recently expanded order (right after AltaÔr's time) finds himself with an ethical dilemma; he has a hard time killing people without feeling guilty. He still wants to serve his order though, in his own way, so he develops non-lethal weapons and tactics in order to subdue his enemies, but in an attempt to avoid that entirely, he spends all his time hunting for PoE, all the while gathering perspective on the conflict, and then something something, you guys can write the rest :p

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 11:51 PM
Make the girl an Assassin and boy a Templar...

Interesting contrast. :rolleyes:

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-09-2014, 11:52 PM
i would like a spin off story about assassin turkey

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 11:52 PM
Make the girl an Assassin and boy a Templar...

Interesting contrast. :rolleyes:

Nah make the girl a templar.

Women are controlling. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
12-09-2014, 11:59 PM
A Scottish Assassin is Scottish and an Assassin. Lives in Scotland.

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 12:00 AM
Nah make the girl a templar.

Women are controlling. :rolleyes:

But where does the development come in? :rolleyes:

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:01 AM
A husband and wife (in a setting that I haven't decided) who go out to find out about stuff... find a book that talks of an ancient creed of the assassins. They take the book home and the wife starts reading it and they both get really interested. Over the next few days the wife realises that their city (which the assassins have never been introduced in) needs the assassins. She tried to get her husbands support but he can't because he believes more of the templars side. So she is forced to leave him and her family to go away and try to build a brotherhood. She becomes the grand master assassin and eventually her son becomes the master of templars (his father was part of them and taught his son about them but the father was killed). We see the mother and son bond and the mother has to make a choice to do what's right for the world or to save her little boy.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:03 AM
A husband and wife (in a setting that I haven't decided) who go out to find out about stuff... find a book that talks of an ancient creed of the assassins. They take the book home and the wife starts reading it and they both get really interested. Over the next few days the wife realises that their city (which the assassins have never been introduced in) needs the assassins. She tried to get her husbands support but he can't because he believes more of the template side. So she is forced to leave him and her family to go away and try to build a brotherhood. She becomes the grand master assassin and eventually her son becomes the master of templars (his father was part of them and taught his son about them but the father was killed). We see the mother and son bond and the mother has to make a choice to do what's right for the world or to save her little boy.

Why does the woman feel obligated to restart the brotherhood? And why does it matter to her more than the love of her life? Same applies to husband.

Plus I think we've had enough templar/assassin love/bloodline relationships

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:08 AM
Why does the woman feel obligated to restart the brotherhood? And why does it matter to her more than the love of her life? Same applies to husband.

I was just thinking that and wanted to change it to actually saying that the woman has seen her city fail time and time again and she is sick of it. She feels the right to bring the assassins back as a last hope. The husband feels that she should just leave it but she decides to leave her husband based on her own beliefs and past experiences. She also feels that her baby son needs to live in a just world. So she makes this sacrifice to start the brotherhood. She then sees her son later on in the game and he reveals that the father died soon after his mother left him and he was raised by another man a templar. She never reveals her true identity (at the start at least) and it is a story about a mother who was looking out for her child only then seeing her child become the enemy!

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:09 AM
I was just thinking that and wanted to change it to actually saying that the woman has seen her city fail time and time again and she is sick of it. She feels the right to bring the assassins back as a last hope. The husband feels that she should just leave it but she decides to leave her husband based on her own beliefs and past experiences. She also feels that her baby son needs to live in a just world. So she makes this sacrifice to start the brotherhood. She then sees her son later on in the game and he reveals that the father died soon after his mother left him and he was raised by another man a templar. She never reveals her true identity (at the start at least) and it is a story about a mother who was looking out for her child only then seeing her child become the enemy!

So reverse Connor-Haytham...?

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:13 AM
So reverse Connor-Haytham...?

Okay. Forget the son thing.... basically a mother who leaves her family in order to save a city which she had lived her life in (and didn't enjoy it for many reasons... ) see her family live in horrible conditions. She sacrifices living her life with her family to ensure that her son has a better future. So she leaves to learn more about the creed and teaching it to the people of the city to get people on her side.

I basically wanted to play as an older female character. Who is completely new to the assassins since she learns about it herself. I also wanted to see the protagonist try to persuade other people to join.

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 12:16 AM
I love the story of the man who bonds with members of both sides. It’s really amazing. It helps showing what both sides are about and shows the good and the bad from each side.

IDEA 1: a story that revolves around the bisexual male Assassin living during WWII, and witnessing the torture and executing of thousands of people. He has a love interest, a male (though the story doesn’t really dive deep into that part, not like the love story of ACU, but it is hinted that a “friend” is captured), while trying to save him, he learns of a conflict greater than himself and joins the Assassins to save those he cares about and over time, he witnesses the beginnings of Abstergo.

IDEA 2: a nazi soldier, who followed the Hitler in hopes of saving his own country, watches the horrors of the Nazis (including being ordered to kill his own family) and he turns against them, joining the Assassins while still pretending to be a soldier and eventually witnessing the end of Hitler and the rise of Abstergo.

IDEA 3: an Egyptian Assassin who grew up within the Creed, living during the Napoleonic Wars, witnesses the changes that happened to his country and the conflict between Assassins and Templars and his inner conflict of wanting to do the right thing vs. doing what he’s been brought up to believe. All that is intertwined with finding a Piece of Eden and a First Civ. temple beneath the Pyramids.

cawatrooper9
12-10-2014, 12:18 AM
Okay. Forget the son thing.... basically a mother who leaves her family in order to save a city which she had lived her life in (and didn't enjoy it for many reasons... ) see her family live in horrible conditions. She sacrifices living her life with her family to ensure that her son has a better future. So she leaves to learn more about the creed and teaching it to the people of the city to get people on her side.

I basically wanted to play as an older female character. Who is completely new to the assassins since she learns about it herself. I also wanted to see the protagonist try to persuade other people to join.

Sounds interesting to me- I don't entirely agree with May that the Templar family thing has been completely overdone yet, but if you can avoid helping it becoming more of a trope then your idea might stick out a bit more.

I'm curious though- any idea for a setting, time and place?

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:19 AM
I love the story of the man who bonds with members of both sides. It’s really amazing. It helps showing what both sides are about and shows the good and the bad from each side.

*blushes* thank you~

IDEA 1: a story that revolves around the bisexual male Assassin living during WWII, and witnessing the torture and executing of thousands of people. He has a love interest, a male (though the story doesn’t really dive deep into that part, not like the love story of ACU, but it is hinted that a “friend” is captured), while trying to save him, he learns of a conflict greater than himself and joins the Assassins to save those he cares about and over time, he witnesses the beginnings of Abstergo.

So he becomes an assassin to save someone he loves? Isn't that a bit simplistic?

IDEA 2: a nazi soldier, who followed the Hitler in hopes of saving his own country, watches the horrors of the Nazis (including being ordered to kill his own family) and he turns against them, joining the Assassins while still pretending to be a soldier and eventually witnessing the end of Hitler and the rise of Abstergo.

Walking amongst those brainwashed. I like it. Gonna be hard to keep things Assassin's Creed-like, however.

Otherwise it'll turn into Metal Gear.

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 12:19 AM
A kind leader of a village finds his home taken apart by an infamous organization he's encountered his whole life called the Assassins.

Fed up with their BS, he forms his own organization to combat the army and begins by starting an infamous war on a website he encountered by a mysterious artifact.

"His name is Nami...and this is his story." :rolleyes:

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM
Of its a little out there but here it goes... A hermaprodite person living in a world where his/her own family tried to kill them and has been treated like a dog and slave by the family and is spit on and is not is literally treated worse than a dog finds comfort in a woman who tells him that what's happening is wrong. He/she finds comfort in the assassins who accept him/her and he kills all his family as soon as he is given the hidden blades. The End.

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM
*blushes* thank you~

You’re most welcome ;)

So he becomes an assassin to save someone he loves?

It starts out like that, but soon he realizes a conflict greater than himself, that he wants to end the war and not just win the battle. And for a change, he succeeds in saving those he cares about. Enough depression and cliche sad endings that pretend to be “deep”. LOL

Walking amongst those brainwashed. I like it. Gonna be hard to keep things Assassin's Creed-like, however.

Otherwise it'll turn into Metal Gear.

If I’m making it, I’ll make sure it looks and feels like an AC game and even included Pieces of Eden, the rise of Abstergo and the early experimentation on people, example: the woman who’s interrogation tape we hear in ACIV. I wanted the idea of walking amongst those brainwashed people, because the game is all about ideas, opening your mind and not being brain washed and knowing that nothing is true (hence no brainwashing by anyone, cause it’s what you believe in that counts, not what you’re brainwashed or brought up to be loyal to) so I think it could work. They just gotta make it look like an AC game and focus on Creed-related matters rather than historical figures and political affairs.

Shahkulu101
12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Shay Patrick Cormac, now an old man, visits the homestead undercover, claiming he is Frontiersman looking for a place to stay and he gets a bed at Oliver's inn. His mission is to kill Connor and destroy the homestead, but he cannot bring himself to do either as he realises what a kind, gentle person Connor is and how wholesome and happy a community the homestead is. Shay tries to leave in the morning, but is confronted by Connor who informs Shay he is aware of his identity. After some conversation, Connor offers Shay a lifeline. re-join the Assassin's, help grow my Brotherhood, or die. Shay refuses, and is killed by a reluctant Connor - but not after some fight back from the veteran Templar. Connor's wife, a sexy blonde bombshell, has watched the whole thing. She has saw her husband murder a frail old man who tried to defend himself simply because of his allegiance to a different order. She decides Connor's beliefs in the Assassin's are zealous and dangerous and leaves the homestead with their son. The Templar's hear of Shay's death and retaliate mercilessly, destroying the homestead once and for all. Connor loses everything once more, but he doesn't give up there.

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:24 AM
Sounds interesting to me- I don't entirely agree with May that the Templar family thing has been completely overdone yet, but if you can avoid helping it becoming more of a trope then your idea might stick out a bit more.

I'm curious though- any idea for a setting, time and place?

I was actually thinking of vikings for some reason.

And now I'm thinking I want this to be a family where they have domestic issues and the husband beats the wife. She also leaves as an escape for her own safety.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:26 AM
It starts out like that, but soon he realizes a conflict greater than himself, that he wants to end the war and not just win the battle. And for a change, he succeeds in saving those he cares about. Enough depression and cliche sad endings that pretend to be “deep”. LOL

what makes this plot unique from other plots?

Not hating. Just trying to understand the selling point.

@shahk

<3

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 12:30 AM
You sure you aren't working for Ubi, Shahk? :rolleyes:

ze_topazio
12-10-2014, 12:31 AM
A bastard son of a certain King becomes an Assassin.

Assassin's Creed Royal Bastard

king-hailz
12-10-2014, 12:33 AM
A murderer set free from prison becomes part of the brotherhood because he enjoys killing. He the learns more and more of the brotherhood and kills all the assassins and the templars. The two sects will be brought down by one crazy psychopath!

I think I need some sleep now... bye...

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:34 AM
A murderer set free from prison becomes part of the brotherhood because he enjoys killing. He the learns more and more of the brotherhood and kills all the assassins and the templars. The two sects will be brought down by one crazy psychopath!

I think I need some sleep now... bye...

I like the idea of a killer being brought into the brotherhood. like jack the ripper being an assassin.

Shahkulu101
12-10-2014, 12:35 AM
You sure you aren't working for Ubi, Shahk? :rolleyes:

Crap.

I just leaked the plot for next years last-gen AC. If anyone asks, it was on a plane....

ze_topazio
12-10-2014, 12:45 AM
The son of an Assassin is trained by his father since birth, he was never given a choice, he was never asked to understand the creed and he doesn't care, he enjoys the hunt, he enjoys the killing, he is given a mission and he completes it, but one day he comes to a conclusion, the Templars are boring, they are weak, unaware of their surroundings and offer no resistance, he is tired of killing them, he wants more, something more thrilling, so he abandons the Assassins and joins the Templars, he now hunts the Assassins, he now has much more stimulating targets, he finally feels alive, he doesn't care about no creed or any father of the understanding, he cares not for the future of the human race, he just enjoys the killing, hunting Assassins all over Europe, he is the greatest Assassin hunter of all time(FU Shay).

lukazdragon
12-10-2014, 12:49 AM

Honestly, there are some good bloodline relationships who are worth the shot. While we had Haytham and Connor for Assassin son x Templar Dad, a mother/son relationship has several different aspects and things to explore. Few things are as strong as a mother's affect to the son she loved, raised. It's not necessarily a stronger bond than a DadxSon, but it's certainly a different one.

Brothers are another relation that is interesting, especially the siblings one, mentioned above.

Well, mine was set for London, but since it's gonna be used already, I don't know which setting anymore:

Assassin's Creed: Ghost of ______ (setting, like "Ghost of London")

Features a female assassin, Elizabeth. She starts as a 12 years old girl, whose father is a templar. Of shining responsability as both a father and templar, and admirably noble as a man who seeks the power so he can make the best choices to ensure the happiness of all, her dad has the respect even of his enemies, the assassins, whose Mentor at the time is his childhood friend. Both factions fight a considerably honored war, as both men know their goal is the same, but have their own conviction in their methods; it's a war where the templars have the advantage. Things change when the master assassin finally manages to assassinate Liz's father in front of her, and steal an artifact in his possession. Elizabeth runs away, but things become worse in a spiral of disgrace, as her father's old allies reveal to be more twisted, corrupted and mad than she or the noble man who once was the grand master could imagine; with his death, these men take control of the order in it's prime for personal purposes or to execute plans to erase what THEY think is wrong with society, in a conservative urge to cleanse the word. After showing their true faces, these templars decide to get rid of Elizabeth through selling her to the black market and make some profit, as her ideology and benevolence, taught by her father, would make her a rock in the way. She's able to hear about their plans and almost escapes, but is cornered by their mercenaries. Beaten and hopeless, Liz is almost raped by the group, but the Master Assassin appears and kills every and each one of them. He gives her the freedom to run, as he can't take her mind by force, and, enraged by the fact that he killed her father, she decides to go away. The constant search of the templar for her eventually lead Elizabeth to accept joining the assassins, where she learns their philosophy, acquire their skills, and makes good, loyal friends (3 teenagers like her, who help hear with the training), but, most importantly, she discovers that her father's death was inevitable, as his allies themselves were planning to kill him and steal the artifact. The first sequences would explore this beggining of her story, her first assassination, that helps giving the assasins the upper hand, and the eventual payback of the templars, that destroys most of the brotherhood and takes all away from her a second time. The story, then, would evolve as she and her mentor try to survive in the new scenario and make the assassins rise again, in the effort to reach the goal her father so much desired, even though it will be through the means he disagreed with.

The plot would revolve around the realization that both assassins and templars can have despicable members and make mistakes, but the templars, with all their power, money and control, attract much more corruption than the assassins, despite their noble members, like Elizabeths's dad, Haytham, Shay and Monroe. It would also feature Elizabeth's own internal struggle, as she doesn't know if her father would be proud of her now, in the path she choose. Elizabeth would start to hunt down the men who her dad once called friends, but ruined his dreams. Not for revenge, but in his honor.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:51 AM
^ Still, I'm kind of tired of "oh i must hold back because he/she is my sibling/parent/lover/lovedone"

And i feel those themes have been expressed before enough already.

lukazdragon
12-10-2014, 12:56 AM
^ Still, I'm kind of tired of "oh i must hold back because he/she is my sibling/parent/lover/lovedone"

And i feel those themes have been expressed before enough already.

Me too, but who knows, maybe it can be handled the right way :3

X_xWolverinEx_X
12-10-2014, 01:00 AM
older man(early 50s) who was an assassin(one of the best of his time) until the great fall and he vows not to kill again until (though flashbacks you find out that the templars used a piece of eden to think that they were under attack from templars and he kills all of them then he sees the bodies of all of his dead friends and his wife and young kids after he killed them and becomes broken and tries to kill himself over over but it doesn't work. he only survives since we just walked for ages and slowly assassins around the world fell and then their was one final battle The Great Last stand that he never went to . then in the present some very very bad stuff happens forcing him to put on his robes one last time(even though he doesn't want to he has to ) and slowly over time you see him heal from what happend all them years ago plus the world has gone to utter **** .

its like old man logan/the dark knight returns

i might add some more stuff i can think of things or if you guys want to you can .

Kaschra
12-10-2014, 01:15 AM
I'd like a story with a Sage as the main protagonist.
In the beinning he is an assassin, eagerly fighting for their cause. As a Sage, he has memories of Aita, but he doesn't fully know what the mean and why they are happening to him. Over time, the visions get worse - longer and more intense - and they are beginning to drive him insane. He stops caring about the Assassins and their cause, only uses them and their knowledge to gain more information about Juno.

Or something like that. I don't know.
Sorry, I'm too tired to come up with anything good right now :'D

Oh, and during the longer memory visions, the player would take over the role of Aita during the First Civ era, and we'd learn more about the First Civ and Juno.

rprkjj
12-10-2014, 01:43 AM
Taking place in the American Civil War: The eldest brother of a family of Virginia farmers leaves to fight in the Confederate army, leaving an ailing mother, deceased father, and teenage boy and girl twins. The older brother is who you play as for a small portion at the beginning, revealing he's a templar in secret, dying at the end of the section. The younger brother follows suit in his brothers footsteps, but is targeted by both the assassins and templars for his blood relation. There could be events like the meeting at Appomattox courthouse, Shermans March to the Sea, and the assassination of Lincoln.

ChiberianWinter
12-10-2014, 01:49 AM
I always liked the idea of a story throughout time, a la revelations, but being able to see a city during its different time periods. A very old city that has gone thru a lot of change would be the perfect candidate, like Athens for example. There's the Mycenaean era, Classical era, Hellenistic era (which is basically the same as the classical era, the Byzantine era, and the Revolutionary era. It would be cool to have 1 main protag set in one of these times but he/she is able to look back thru time to witness memories of side-characters in more previous eras. meh?

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 02:06 AM
An orphan who gets adopted by the Assassins is forced to live in a confined area that blocks him from the outside world as he regularly does assignments for them before returning to his cabin before dawn.

He knew nothing of these "Assassins", just that they were his family. The only one apparently.

However, he eventually becomes tired of being confined, and begins to question his "family" and why he was forced to such restrictions without witnessing the world for himself?

He wanted to explore, and he could, but he feared of what lied outside?

His curiosity soon overrided his fear as the boy planned an escape in the middle of the nightfall.

Through some close calls, he barely escapes his home with minor brusies.

"There's...no turning back now." - he panted before running towards a nearby hill to overlook the "outside world" he's been anxious to see.

How foolish he was...

As the boy ran up the rocky hill, he found himself in not the dense forrest he always read books about, nor the village of "outside people" he always heard rumors of from his "brothers", but something else entirely, something...horrifying.

The boy saw a facility...but no ordinary facility as he began to hear noises.

"No! Please don't!" - yelled a man before a gunshot was heard.
"Don't let them take me!" - yelled a woman.
"Anne! You radicals! I will-" - the man's throat was sliced mid-sentence by the hooded figure in white as blood dripped from the man's neck.

"Master, what do we do now?" - said another hooded figure.
"Drop him into the sea." - said the Master. "We will find the Templars."

What was this? Who were these "Templars"? Were they enemies of his "family"?

All those questions and more went through the boy's head as saw a sign at the front of a gate.

Its words wrote: "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted."

The boy was confused by the saying, as he looked up at the horrific place in front of him.

This was reality...

This was the world...

This was the Creed.

Not the best...but I tried. ;)

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 04:49 AM
[Sorry, couldn't do the logline thng - had to write a short synopsis to explain why I would pick these characters!]

Slight Raffles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Raffles) rip-off: A late 19th century cracksman/crackswoman (highly skilled burglar/safe-cracker, specialising in stealth and disguise, stealing high value items). First mission would be a bank job, to teach players the game basics and how to handle inflitration, and it would end with the player encountering a rival robbery team near the vault. You'd see the protagonist get away with a locked box, but not before being seen by the other robbers. The protagonist would be intrigued by this other team, unaware that they were after the same box, and would do some digging to find out who they were, and also find out that they are also looking for the protagonist. Becoming increasingly intrigued by how secretive this group is and how little information was found, the protagonist's next job involves stealing an ancient artefact from a museum. Again, the protagonist is fascinated to see another challenger going for the same item, with some kind of mechanical device worn under the forearm. Now with two sets of competitors, the protagonist learns new tricks just by watching the things they do, and loots their bodies for the technology. Underworld craftspeople help to create replicas of the items the protagonist brings to them.

More investigation leads to tracking these mystery groups to more locations around the city, and also to tombs in far-off countries. The protag keeps beating others to the punch, and is surprised to see that just holding the prize item seems to result in the challengers backing off, rather than attacking even harded as he/she expects. The protagonist builds up a collection of these weird gold-coloured objects, and as his/her skills build, the items begin to change from being dead pieces of metal to things that seem to contain some kind of life. Maddening visions endow the protagonist with knowledge and strengths that are barely endurable, and the protagonist begins to consider the appeals from each of these societies to take and guard the artefacts. The protagonist concludes that nobody should have them, but since they are indestructible and too dangerous to be hidden in one place, the protag's final missions involve reverse tomb-raiding: finding secure places in which to hide the devices.

Raffles is a great model for an AC character because the books showed him doing exactly the same things. He could get up to a third-floor window, open it, and enter a building with supernatural speed, he used research and intelligence to carry out the thefts, and there was always this interesting cat-and-mouse thing between him and the local police detective-inspector. The A. J. Raffles character wouldn't be as good with his Dr. Watson-like sidekick, Manders, and I think it would be good to add that kind of person as well. Manders has a different style of bluff to Raffles, and was able to pass in places that Raffles couldn't, and his eyes and criticisms kept Raffles's ego from destroying him. Both of them are from fairly high society, but Raffles is able to adopt different personas to trick people into thinking that he's of almost any social class.

Turning the "lost my loved ones" deal on its head: I don't like the idea of a "heaven" reward because I think it destroys the moral purity of doing good things, and similarly I've never liked the AC approach to heroes. None of them seem especially "good" to me, because they're all inducted into a society that promises you riches, reverance, and ageless worship after your death before it sets you off on the job. That doesn't sound like selfless goodness to me, and it made me think of the following story.

Your Shaun/Rebecca characters introduce the player to the animus, and are surprised to find that the user's DNA unlocks an assassin of whom they have no record. The assassin is quite well connected, and clearly rising in society and in the order, so the absence of records is puzzling. They decide to investigate this person further.

A young assassin, who really likes the job. No qualms whatsoever, no second guessing, really buzzes off it. Even the player should be a little bit taken aback by the character's actions. Concurrently, the assassin builds a loving relationship, starts a family, and maintains a complete divide between the home life and the professional one. Rather than making the assassin seem more human, it actually makes the character seem more weird - he/she knows how to be human, but doesn't truly live it.

The assassin remains useful to the cult, and his/her ruthlessness is encouraged. It needs to be clear pretty quickly that the assassin is not a hero, and the story needs to explore what it really means to be this kind of killer, without any of the heroism that creates such a weird dissonance in the rest of the series. Given more and more work, and with so many targets brushing up against the assassin's social circle, it is only a matter of time before the character's husband/wife is used as a decoy at a party to allow the assassin to complete a contract. By accident, the assassin's partner catches sight of the killing, at which point the assassin is forced to admit details of this secret life. He/she claims it's all justifiable, but of course it's not that easy. The character's partner soon realises that it was a mistake to tolerate any of this, and leaves with the couple's children to keep them safe. Given an ultimatum to leave the assassins, the character says it's not possible yet.

On an unstoppable line towards the end of the story, the assassin becomes more and more alienating to everyone, losing the respect of all friends and eventually all colleagues. The character feels that he/she is in a bind; in order to do "good" and make amends for earlier evils, the assassin decides the course must be maintained at any cost, and the destruction of his/her character is a price worth paying. You could say that an unwillingness to self-destruct like this would be a selfish action in itself, since the assassin would be placing their own esteem in the eyes of others above the task. So, the assassin allows people to think the worst of him/her, but completes the work. The family is never reunited, but they live. His/her final years are a downward spiral of rejection and disgust from everyone, and the Assassins spend years erasing all mention of this person from history to avoid their tainted legacy ruining the image of the order.

The MD character reliving all of this realises that this is really the most likely outcome of being a murderous scumbag. You don't get to be remembered as a saint for centuries except within a society of other murderous scumbags, and even then only a handful will get that recognition out of the thousands who did the same things. Your story is less likely to be a swashbuckling tale of honour and excitement inspired by the tragic deaths of your loved ones, so much as a dirty catalogue of shame which causes your family to reject you, after which they will lead long lives and hate you for every day of them. This should make players think about what heroism means at all in a story like this, and if we've ever seen a hero before in the series. Maybe this one character who was willing to let the job erase them was doing the only truly heroic thing.

Derp43
12-10-2014, 04:54 AM
Here's a great idea, don't kill off good characters at the end of the story for no ****ing reason.

RuNfAtBoYrUn740
12-10-2014, 06:22 AM
I love the story of the man who bonds with members of both sides. Itís really amazing. It helps showing what both sides are about and shows the good and the bad from each side.

IDEA 1: a story that revolves around the bisexual male Assassin living during WWII, and witnessing the torture and executing of thousands of people. He has a love interest, a male (though the story doesnít really dive deep into that part, not like the love story of ACU, but it is hinted that a ďfriendĒ is captured), while trying to save him, he learns of a conflict greater than himself and joins the Assassins to save those he cares about and over time, he witnesses the beginnings of Abstergo.

IDEA 3: an Egyptian Assassin who grew up within the Creed, living during the Napoleonic Wars, witnesses the changes that happened to his country and the conflict between Assassins and Templars and his inner conflict of wanting to do the right thing vs. doing what heís been brought up to believe. All that is intertwined with finding a Piece of Eden and a First Civ. temple beneath the Pyramids.

Loving these ideas. I will say the first one would be a bit controversial, because I'm sure there are a lot of prejudiced people around that can't handle anything but straight relationships. Hell just look at DAI. A good game, but received a lot of hate from the religious conservatives for silly reasons.

As for my own idea OP, it'd be set in Ancient Egypt. You'd be a soldier fighting against the English Christian army in the Fifth Crusade with the Egyptian army. You would have grown up as a Templar, not because of your beliefs, but because you were indoctrinated. However in the battle a lethal blow to the head gives you amnesia. You wake up and cannot remember your past.

You proceed to live as a Merchant, doing your best to survive in the hard times. However as you see familiar de ja vu in the streets, memories flood back to you of the Templar/Assassin conflict. The thing is though you cannot remember which side you were on.

That's as much as I have so far haha. I'm tired.

pirate1802
12-10-2014, 07:15 AM
Anthony McSomethingSomething is a British Assassin living in mid-19th century London. Scarred by a childhood spent under the shadows of an abusive father and a bedridden mother, he is a brutal individual prone to colourful interpretations of the three Creeds and getting away with it. Around the 1850s, he is sent of India by his mentor to secure a Piece of Eden. Anthony boards the earliest ship to his colony along with his trusted companion, the dog Cujo. But unknown to him, it is a death trap whereby his mentor has instructed his Indian counterpart to get rid of the erring Assassin after he has done his job. His indiscretions could no longer be tolerated.

In India he acquaints himself to the Indian Brotherhood, its members and a female assassins in particular, named Razia. She earns his respect in that she's an able operator, but also his irritation when she repeatedly calls him out on his digressions, which Anto continues unabated. In time, he succeeds in his mission, recovers the artifact and is predictably, cornered by the Indian assassins to be delivered to death. But Razia interferes in the last instant, not convinced he is deserving of death for his follies, and Anthony is saved after a bloody battle, although Cujo suffers grievous injuries. Struck at being betrayed by his 'brothers', once the dust settles, he unbuckles his hidden blade, throws it down near Razia's feet and says he is done with her Creed. Then he picks up his almost-dead dog and walks away into oblivion.

That's the last anyone heard of Anthony, atleast by that name. Although villagers in the rural countryside of central India would speak of the infamous 'gora dakait' (white decoit), who would raid both native and British properties with equal impunity, and his devilish hound. His reign of terror would continue for years before the local queen (an Assassin) managed to catch him and offered him a simple choice: death by beheading or return to the Assassins. Reluctantly, Anthony chooses the later.

GunnerGalactico
12-10-2014, 08:02 AM
For once, I would like to see a Templar betray his/her order and become an Assassin.

CoachAssassin
12-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Assassins Creed: Origins

Atos is a fishermen living somewhere near Olympia. Atos had been abandoned as a baby and was taken care of by a fisherman who found him. The fisherman had a son himself who took off with the kings soldiers. The wife of the fisherman dissapeared during a storm when Atos was a young boy. When Atos is about 16-17, the fisherman dies and the older son comes home to take care of all the things. In the fishermans stuff they find a weird glowing disk (haven't we seen these before :rolleyes: ) and this shows how the fishermans wife leaves a message for her husband, explaining how important it is for her to leave on a journey to Hades himself. Atos and his older brother decide to go and look for her, not without it's complications on the way. Something is guiding them, but is forcing them to take different paths that ultimately will turn out to be opposite of eachother. A creed is born, realisation has started.

Man just think about it, ancient greece, labyrinths and myths to bust, so cool.

Hood2theBurbs
12-10-2014, 09:11 AM
I've got one myself, not what I'd call a sophisticated piece of writing though.

The story will open with two 10 year old kids (one is the protagonist the other his best friend) the two will be running around in a race but at the last moment the protag's friend cheats and ends up winning; this causes an argument that becomes a fist fight which finally ends with both of them on their behinds, bruised and laughing at each other.

The story will then fast forward twenty years the protag has become an assassin (who some may think similar to Altair) that is a veteran of the order and the mentor's right hand man (the mentor also happens to be his best friend), the protag is cerebral, calculating, ruthless, arrogant and absolutely loyal to the creed he is a real by the book type of person. The rest of the story will take place in a time period in which the Assassins are at the height of their power and the Templars are struggling just to survive. The first few tutorial missions lead the protag to a First Civ site that may contain a PoE. The protag then carries out a series of missions that are supposed to help the Assassins access the PoE, but at the last moment things go wrong. The Templars capture the POE, the protag barely manages to escape with his life, and loses one or two friends/allies in the process. The protag begins to suspect that the brotherhood has become compromised, he shares his suspicions with his best friend who agrees and assigns him the hunt for the traitors.

What results are a series of investigations which end with very brutal and bloody assassinations, but with the death of each traitor the protag begins to start feeling uneasy. Each traitor points out a valid reason for their betrayal; they all claim the Brotherhood has become corrupt and that the protag is too blinded by his arrogance and friendship with the mentor to see it. With the death of the last traitor he returns to sanctuary and informs the mentor of his success but keeps his feelings of doubt and unease to himself.

The next few years the protag is busy trying to recover the PoE; but is also secretly investigating the claims of corruption within the Brotherhood. He manages to locate the PoE which has been in the possession of the the Templar grandmaster. He eliminates the Templar and regains the PoE. In the white room speech that follows the grandmaster echos the words of the traitors; he tells the protag that the Brotherhood has become fat and corrupt, that it is mockery of what Creed is supposed to stand for. To which the protag will agree and walk away.

The protag returns to the sanctuary, his investigations had lead directly to the the Mentor, his best friend. The protag confronts his friend about the issue his friend becomes furious at the protag's accusations. The two argue which becomes a full fledged fight. The fight ends when the two are pulled apart, the mentor brands the protag a traitor and demands he be executed, this causes a rift among the assassins as some are loyal to the protag or agree with him while the other are loyal to the mentor.

The last few sequences of the game will revolve around this rift among the Assassins. The two factions one lead by the protag and the other by the Mentor end up warring with each other. The two former friends eventually face off and after a long fight the protag lands a fatal blow on his former friend but is severely injured as a result. The white room speech consists of the two arguing with each other about their interpretations of the Creed which eventually concludes with the two of them once again on there behinds laughing at each other. The protag having prevailed begins to try and rebuild the severely weakened Assassin Brotherhood, only to find that the Templars had risen to power while the Assassins were fighting each other.

The_Kiwi_
12-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Shay Patrick Cormac, now an old man, visits the homestead undercover, claiming he is Frontiersman looking for a place to stay and he gets a bed at Oliver's inn. His mission is to kill Connor and destroy the homestead, but he cannot bring himself to do either as he realises what a kind, gentle person Connor is and how wholesome and happy a community the homestead is. Shay tries to leave in the morning, but is confronted by Connor who informs Shay he is aware of his identity. After some conversation, Connor offers Shay a lifeline. re-join the Assassin's, help grow my Brotherhood, or die. Shay refuses, and is killed by a reluctant Connor - but not after some fight back from the veteran Templar. Connor's wife, a sexy blonde bombshell, has watched the whole thing. She has saw her husband murder a frail old man who tried to defend himself simply because of his allegiance to a different order. She decides Connor's beliefs in the Assassin's are zealous and dangerous and leaves the homestead with their son. The Templar's hear of Shay's death and retaliate mercilessly, destroying the homestead once and for all. Connor loses everything once more, but he doesn't give up there.

Interesting, but who would the descendant be?
Shay dies, therefore no kids to pass the memories of the event onto, and Connor's son is already born
The only way this would be possible would be for Connor to have another kid, and for the game to be from Connor's perspective

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Loving these ideas. I will say the first one would be a bit controversial, because I'm sure there are a lot of prejudiced people around that can't handle anything but straight relationships. Hell just look at DAI. A good game, but received a lot of hate from the religious conservatives for silly reasons.

As for my own idea OP, it'd be set in Ancient Egypt. You'd be a soldier fighting against the English Christian army in the Fifth Crusade with the Egyptian army. You would have grown up as a Templar, not because of your beliefs, but because you were indoctrinated. However in the battle a lethal blow to the head gives you amnesia. You wake up and cannot remember your past.

You proceed to live as a Merchant, doing your best to survive in the hard times. However as you see familiar de ja vu in the streets, memories flood back to you of the Templar/Assassin conflict. The thing is though you cannot remember which side you were on.

That's as much as I have so far haha. I'm tired.

Thank you!

I love your idea! the fact that you lose your memory and whatever that can lead to is a stroke of genius. Imagine him regaining memory, later after joining the Assassins and the conflict he'll go through.

Regarding the controversy surrounding my idea, I think if they make the whole focus on the Assassins and make this whole bisexuality thing a side story that is mentioned but not really deeply explored can work. I mean DA:I had scenes and all, but this could merely be a reference.

I'd also wish that we get a Sumerian setting, with an Assassin or perhaps a sage who gradually starts realizing who he is, and tries to find something about the First Civ. in that time and place. There are so many cuneiform tablets that talk about a Sumerian kings who ruled for 43,000. Myth or not, it still reminds me of Minerva when she said "For centuries, Tinia and I walked the Earth, hoping to rekindle the spark of civilization" meaning that their kind can live for millennia, since she was already a scientist and a VIP way before Toba Catastrophe.

So maybe those Sumerian kings were surviving First Civ. members who either lived until 4000 BC or they were just holograms of people still in that time, leading and trying to change the world like Minerva and Juno did, and the primitives of that time thought they're gods so they were enslaved by them and built that huge, evolved city (compared to it's surroundings in that time).

I'd totally buy that story. I mean it mixes so many interesting aspects. I'll pretend the sage story in ACU didn't happen because it honestly didn't go anywhere. I wanna see an Assassin sage. After all, Juno warned against the Templars so why would her husband always try to be one of them? I know he might be seeking resources, but perhaps one of them sought to be an Assassin and do good for mankind while he secretly plans to release his loved one.

I've got one myself, not what I'd call a sophisticated piece of writing though.

The story will open with two 10 year old kids (one is the protagonist the other his best friend) the two will be running around in a race but at the last moment the protag's friend cheats and ends up winning; this causes an argument that becomes a fist fight which finally ends with both of them on their behinds, bruised and laughing at each other.

The story will then fast forward twenty years the protag has become an assassin (who some may think similar to Altair) that is a veteran of the order and the mentor's right hand man (the mentor also happens to be his best friend), the protag is cerebral, calculating, ruthless, arrogant and absolutely loyal to the creed he is a real by the book type of person. The rest of the story will take place in a time period in which the Assassins are at the height of their power and the Templars are struggling just to survive. The first few tutorial missions lead the protag to a First Civ site that may contain a PoE. The protag then carries out a series of missions that are supposed to help the Assassins access the PoE, but at the last moment things go wrong. The Templars capture the POE, the protag barely manages to escape with his life, and loses one or two friends/allies in the process. The protag begins to suspect that the brotherhood has become compromised, he shares his suspicions with his best friend who agrees and assigns him the hunt for the traitors.

What results are a series of investigations which end with very brutal and bloody assassinations, but with the death of each traitor the protag begins to start feeling uneasy. Each traitor points out a valid reason for their betrayal; they all claim the Brotherhood has become corrupt and that the protag is too blinded by his arrogance and friendship with the mentor to see it. With the death of the last traitor he returns to sanctuary and informs the mentor of his success but keeps his feelings of doubt and unease to himself.

The next few years the protag is busy trying to recover the PoE; but is also secretly investigating the claims of corruption within the Brotherhood. He manages to locate the PoE which has been in the possession of the the Templar grandmaster. He eliminates the Templar and regains the PoE. In the white room speech that follows the grandmaster echos the words of the traitors; he tells the protag that the Brotherhood has become fat and corrupt, that it is mockery of what Creed is supposed to stand for. To which the protag will agree and walk away.

The protag returns to the sanctuary, his investigations had lead directly to the the Mentor, his best friend. The protag confronts his friend about the issue his friend becomes furious at the protag's accusations. The two argue which becomes a full fledged fight. The fight ends when the two are pulled apart, the mentor brands the protag a traitor and demands he be executed, this causes a rift among the assassins as some are loyal to the protag or agree with him while the other are loyal to the mentor.

The last few sequences of the game will revolve around this rift among the Assassins. The two factions one lead by the protag and the other by the Mentor end up warring with each other. The two former friends eventually face off and after a long fight the protag lands a fatal blow on his former friend but is severely injured as a result. The white room speech consists of the two arguing with each other about their interpretations of the Creed which eventually concludes with the two of them once again on there behinds laughing at each other. The protag having prevailed begins to try and rebuild the severely weakened Assassin Brotherhood, only to find that the Templars had risen to power while the Assassins were fighting each other.

I love your story!

I'm totally impressed that you included this Altair vs. Abbas like friendship and conflict and how the Pieces of Eden and First Civ. site are a big deal again. I wish we do get something like that. Seriously, if Ubisoft hires some of us to direct or write some stories, even just as an inspiration for their own homemade story, we'd get much more interesting stuff, cause many of us really bring great ideas and much more exciting twists and turns and connections to past games and tying loose ends.

Shahkulu101
12-10-2014, 02:37 PM
Interesting, but who would the descendant be?
Shay dies, therefore no kids to pass the memories of the event onto, and Connor's son is already born
The only way this would be possible would be for Connor to have another kid, and for the game to be from Connor's perspective

I was thinking of that as the prologue to a Connor sequel, but had forgot about the restrictions in the lore...

Yeah sure, he has another kid with er...another lass he meets later on I suppose. However I thought that once someone passes on their genes for the first time we can't access their genes anymore. Even if they have multiple children... Ah game why you so confusing! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh it could be shown from Connor's sons perspective, with the prologue taking place when he's a kid - around 5 or 6. Then when he gets older he falls out with his mother because she won't discuss or mention his father. And he decides to find the Homestead only to find it deserted and destroyed. But he finds a note in the house from his father in the basement. A suicide note. And errr IDK the note convinces him to join the Assassin's and he finds himself embroiled in The War of 1812 further in the story somehow... :rolleyes:

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 02:39 PM
I think the descendant thing cannot be a problem now. It could be a blood vial or a memory disk of some sort, or even a bastard son that he doesn't know about or that isn't shown in the story. Hell, he could've had a son who became an Assassin and left his father and that becomes another interesting story.

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 02:43 PM
Connor had more than one child...

The handbook said so.

So there's that. :rolleyes:

I think the descendant thing cannot be a problem now. It could be a blood vial or a memory disk of some sort, or even a bastard son that he doesn't know about or that isn't shown in the story. Hell, he could've had a son who became an Assassin and left his father and that becomes another interesting story.

This.

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 02:46 PM
This.

Thank you!

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 03:00 PM
A suicide note
Really? :rolleyes:

Now you're turning into May... :-P

Shahkulu101
12-10-2014, 03:10 PM
Really? :rolleyes:

Now you're turning into May... :-P

I actually had the idea of Connor's suicide before I knew Mayo had the same thoughts.

I'd just like to see him crack after so much hardship. I like tragedy. ;)

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 03:14 PM
I actually had the idea of Connor's suicide before I knew Mayo had the same thoughts.

I'd just like to see him crack after so much hardship. I like tragedy. ;)

I'd like to see him crack though...

Like he brutally murders the hell outta somebody before screaming in rage.

Then he sits down and holds a piece of his wife's hair as he wonders what went wrong. :rolleyes:

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Why people on this forum downplay the assassins like they are no better than the templars? Especially Namikze17.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 06:12 PM
Why people on this forum downplay the assassins like they are no better than the templars? Especially Namikze17.

Because they ARENT better.

They are equally flawed extremist concepts.

Hence why my plot ideas try their best to portray both factions as relatively justified.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 06:22 PM

Hence why my plot ideas try their best to portray both factions as relatively justified.

Is everyone saying this just because of the way AC 3 portrayed the templars? People do know that there were bad and good assassins, plus bad and good templars. You can't just say that the assassins are just as bad because they also kill people. Killing someone who is bad is not just killing someone. Its called justification. Also, the creed specifically says that you cannot kill innocents. Of course there are assassins that make mistakes and kill innocents, for example altair. Does that make him just as bad as the templars? No. You can not say that the creed itself is just as bad, but you can say that certain assassins are bad.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Is everyone saying this just because of the way AC 3 portrayed the templars? People do know that there were bad and good assassins, plus bad and good templars. You can't just say that the assassins are just as bad because they also kill people. Killing someone who is bad is not just killing someone. Its called justification. Also, the creed specifically says that you cannot kill innocents. Of course there are assassins that make mistakes and kill innocents, for example altair. Does that make him just as bad as the templars? No. You can not say that the creed itself is just as bad, but you can say that certain assassins are bad.

i never said assassins as a WHOLE are bad

no faction as a WHOLE are bad or good

and nobody is bad or good. its all a matter of perspective.

i simply am offering perspectives that put assassins in a new light

Hans684
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM
A Templar perspective in medieval France and we play as one of the nine Templars Jacques de Molay sent away(maybe the new Grandmaster?). So a game during their fall would be great and if good enough. Then we can get a sequel of their rise.

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 06:30 PM

Sometimes violent conflict in which people get killed is the solution to a highly pressurised problem, when it's between two people (or two masses of people) and one is oppressing the other. Peaceful change is nicer, but it's rarely effective among populations unless the potential of violent conflict is hovering just behind it.

The Assassin/Templar conflict only works at all because it's a video game. By any assessment of what you see your assassin do, there is no way to paint that character as a good person. In another 15-20 years, it will be extremely hard to produce a game that handles morality and character in the way that AC does today without it looking monstrously callous to see him/her saunter about making wisecracks and gathering plaudits. The only reason the Assassins look remotely good is because of who their opponents are, not because they are actually heroic.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 06:34 PM

Is THEY not a general term? Who is they then? Just some? I'm not jumping on the bandwagon. This isn't some big conspiracy or something. The creed was clearly laid out in AC 1.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 06:43 PM
Sometimes violent conflict in which people get killed is the solution to a highly pressurised problem, when it's between two people (or two masses of people) and one is oppressing the other. Peaceful change is nicer, but it's rarely effective among populations unless the potential of violent conflict is hovering just behind it.

The Assassin/Templar conflict only works at all because it's a video game. By any assessment of what you see your assassin do, there is no way to paint that character as a good person. In another 15-20 years, it will be extremely hard to produce a game that handles morality and character in the way that AC does today without it looking monstrously callous to see him/her saunter about making wisecracks and gathering plaudits. The only reason the Assassins look remotely good is because of who their opponents are, not because they are actually heroic.

I understand that painting someone as good or bad is just a viewpoint, but just because it is a viewpoint does not mean that isnt any closer to truth than other viewpoints. Yes its a videogame, but does it not represent real morality? There are justifications that we know to be true, like whatever is done to you, you have the absolute right to do the same thing back. Also, last time I checked, protecting the people from a group that aims at total control is heroism.

shahar_96
12-10-2014, 07:21 PM
I donít know how, but almost everything that I write in my books about AC shows up in the games later.
My first story was a comedy that take place in rome during the events of acb, story about Polo a recruit of Ezio and was the first one to use the hidden crossbow(Phantom blade in the future)
Later in ACIV you can see the codex on the walls on some offices.

But the story I really want to tell you it's about Johnny Kiphilton and take place in the wild west around the civil war.
In the story I wrote about the ability to use someone's memories without the need to have dna connection to them. Second and the design of the portable animus is similar to the animus omega. You can find Johnny's hat in the offices.
And all that was way before ACIV even Was revealed.

To the story! (I wrote already 19 chapters so this is a summary)

1854 , Johnny Kiphilton was 17 years old lived in a farm with his parents (Clint Kiphilton and Jenny Eastwood). One night he heard some gun shots outside the house, the house caught fire and Johnny escaped through his window.
His father got shot ,5 men stand around him, Johnny run to them and before they all gone he pulls the last of them from his horse and killed him.
Johnny's father left him a letter and a strange blade, and now he must get to his mother before the other men will.
It start like an old revenge but something got wrong and in mysteries cave Johnny dies and find himself in a pit and his hand stuck in the ground. A strange glowing woman shows up and tell him the story about the 6 bullets of eden.
She tells Johnny that he is the chosen one that he will rule with the bullets, then he wakes up alive but his hand feel different. His hands was covered by unknown metal, a devise that called the Hidden Revolver Gun.
From there start a story about more than just revenge.

In the story you can find new weapons and tools like:
-the hidden revolver gun.
-hidden blade that you can put any blade in it.
-the advanced rope dart.
-the hidden dynamite blade.
-the hidden bow.
-the hidden flamethrower.
-the hidden blade of eden.
-and the armor of eden.
-leg hidden blades.

And a lot of new techniques like:
-the bar assassination.
-the octa air assassination.
-the dance assassination.
-the wall run assassination.
-the swing assassination.

sorry for bad english, i writing the book in hebrew and translating a 19 chapters will take a lot of time...if someone here know hebrew i can send him the full chapters if he wants

johnsmith145
12-10-2014, 07:26 PM
[OP]Fire Alex Amancio. Re-hire Patrice Desilets.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 07:28 PM
the dance assassination

The dance assassination?? Please illustrate. haha lol

shahar_96
12-10-2014, 07:35 PM
The dance assassination?? Please illustrate. haha lol
remember AC2 trailer? when ezio stab the man while dancing?
so Johnny killed most targets in this way

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 07:39 PM
remember AC2 trailer? when ezio stab the man while dancing?
so Johnny killed most targets in this way

haha while dancing? do u mean when ezio and the guy he stabs spin in the scene? Im pretty sure that was just showing light-headedness.

The_Kiwi_
12-10-2014, 07:41 PM
Ezio wasn't the one dancing, I'd hardly call it a "dance assassination"
It would be an assassination from a hiding spot, while the target just so happens to be dancing

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 07:51 PM
I understand that painting someone as good or bad is just a viewpoint, but just because it is a viewpoint does not mean that isnt any closer to truth than other viewpoints. Yes its a videogame, but does it not represent real morality? There are justifications that we know to be true, like whatever is done to you, you have the absolute right to do the same thing back. Also, last time I checked, protecting the people from a group that aims at total control is heroism.

I'm not sure you do have the absolute right to do the same thing back. That's "an eye for an eye", and I think that's a pretty primitive and dangerous policy.

The problem in AC is that your character is literally superhuman. Even a person who is hellbent on killing you is not really a threat, because you have the ability to kill them easily, or run away and still achieve your aims later. Violence by the underdog against the powerful oppressor is defensible, but what if you are the outrageously powerful one? What we see the assassins do over and over again is murder for their convenience. It would take longer to do things a different way, or it would be less spectacular, so the game has us kill a bunch of people who didn't really deserve it. Sometimes the story demands the most awful things, like Ezio's weird decision to risk gassing the entire population of an underground city by setting off large amounts of explosives, all in the service of killing one (slow-moving, elderly) person.

Dishonored did this better, because it showed you the circumstances, let you work out the morality for yourself, and then showed you the consequences. You were falsely accused of a murder you didn't commit, so it was up to you to realise that proving your innocence might involve killing nobody except your specific targets, and maybe not even them. Players who didn't realise that would happen ended up changing the world in ways they didn't like. AC could do with writing similar consequences into its story to make the characters truly live, and to make the games' stories about something. Many of the best stories in classic fiction have a good plot but they make you think about another concept, and they have resonance because you can apply them to your life in some way. AC desperately wants to make Luke Skywalkers, and it can't do that. That's something I like about ACIV and Unity, at least; neither protagonist is like AC's previous messiahs. I hate messiahs, chosen ones, Neos. So dull.

shahar_96
12-10-2014, 07:52 PM
haha while dancing? do u mean when ezio and the guy he stabs spin in the scene? Im pretty sure that was just showing light-headedness.
it called dance bccause it is a regular assassination but you do it while dancing. it sounds funny if you are the only one that dancing but when everybody do you just blend with the crowd/

like the bar assassiantion. you assassinate yours taget at the bar with poison. something like that

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure you do have the absolute right to do the same thing back. That's "an eye for an eye", and I think that's a pretty primitive and dangerous policy.

The problem in AC is that your character is literally superhuman. Even a person who is hellbent on killing you is not really a threat, because you have the ability to kill them easily, or run away and still achieve your aims later. What we see the assassins do over and over again is things for their convenience. It would take longer to do things a different way, or it would be less spectacular, so the game has us kill a bunch of people who didn't really deserve it. Sometimes the story demands the most awful things, like Ezio's weird decision to risk gassing the entire population of an underground city by setting off large amounts of explosives, all in the service of killing one (slow-moving, elderly) person.

Dishonored did this better, because it showed you the circumstances, let you work out the morality for yourself, and then showed you the consequences. You were falsely accused of a murder you didn't commit, so it was up to you to realise that proving your innocence might involve killing nobody except your specific targets, and maybe not even them. Players who didn't realise that would happen ended up changing the world in ways they didn't like. AC could do with writing similar consequences into its story to make the characters truly live, and to make the games' stories about something. Many of the best stories in classic fiction have a good plot but they make you think about another concept, and they have resonance because you can apply them to your life in some way. AC desperately wants to make Luke Skywalkers, and it can't do that. That's something I like about ACIV and Unity, at least; neither protagonist is like AC's previous messiahs. I hate messiahs, chosen ones, Neos. So dull.

The true eye for an eye concept im not talking about, but literally if someone takes out your eye without your consent doesnt that mean that you every right then to do the same to that person? Its just a balance, if everyone is equal than this idea is what represents equality. Also when did ezio almost make that decision? Was that in revelations?

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 07:59 PM
it called dance bccause it is a regular assassination but you do it while dancing. it sounds funny if you are the only one that dancing but when everybody do you just blend with the crowd/

like the bar assassiantion. you assassinate yours taget at the bar with poison. something like that

Ok so you mean as a blending technique. I guess that would be creative and funny at the same time.

Shahkulu101
12-10-2014, 08:14 PM

The problem in AC is that your character is literally superhuman. Even a person who is hellbent on killing you is not really a threat, because you have the ability to kill them easily, or run away and still achieve your aims later. Violence by the underdog against the powerful oppressor is defensible, but what if you are the outrageously powerful one? What we see the assassins do over and over again is murder for their convenience. It would take longer to do things a different way, or it would be less spectacular, so the game has us kill a bunch of people who didn't really deserve it. Sometimes the story demands the most awful things, like Ezio's weird decision to risk gassing the entire population of an underground city by setting off large amounts of explosives, all in the service of killing one (slow-moving, elderly) person.

Don't like that in Dishonored. Playing lethally is the most fun way to play the game, and your punished for it.

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 08:20 PM
Don't like that in Dishonored. Playing lethally is the most fun way to play the game, and your punished for it.

I think stealth is the fun way to play it, but different strokes.

You didn't get punished as such. You just didn't get to do all of that murder and still stand up as a hero. The ending fitted the story you made, and we're not used to that in games yet. If I'm going to be behaving in awful ways, I'd like to be seen as an awful person, or at least damaged. Awful people are really interesting. You can watch Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos or Game Of Thrones and still be invested in the outcomes for those people, even though they're terrible people who genuinely deserve to die.

The true eye for an eye concept im not talking about, but literally if someone takes out your eye without your consent doesnt that mean that you every right then to do the same to that person? Its just a balance, if everyone is equal than this idea is what represents equality. Also when did ezio almost make that decision? Was that in revelations?

But all those guards? Every single associate of the Templars, even the ones who didn't directly hurt us? And isn't death a rather blunt punishment, if it's the same for the street thug who threatened us or the tyrant who tries to enslave a whole society? I don't see what the protagonists of these games do as justice, yet, and I'm not sure that it ever should be. I think trying to make us feel good about these men and women is a mistake, and those characters should be the exception rather than the rule.

Sleeping Dogs feels so much better than any GTA partly because your character is unravelling during the game. He has pressures on him because he an undercover cop and has to preserve his trust within the gangs, but he's also got childhood friends involved and that makes him more and more unstable. GTA has asked you to be sympathetic to its gangsters since IV, and that's a tough sell. A cop in that situation is the obvious solution that GTA never tried.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 08:22 PM

You didn't get punished as such. You just didn't get to do all of that murder and still stand up as a hero. The ending fitted the story you made, and we're not used to that in games yet. If I'm going to be behaving in awful ways, I'd like to be seen as an awful person, or at least damaged. Awful people are really interesting. You can watch Boardwalk Empire or The Sopranos or Game Of Thrones and still be invested in the outcomes for those people, even though they're terrible people who genuinely deserve to die.

Wait, why is the main character killing these people? Are these people murderers? Are they bad?

D.I.D.
12-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Wait, why is the main character killing these people? Are these people murderers? Are they bad?

In the beginning, you're framed for a murder. You discover that a group of powerful people within that society made you the fall guy. You're imprisoned, and you escape, but you're alive. What you choose to do after that has consequences. Because the murder victim is a royal, and everyone thinks you did it, all the police are out to kill you. In a game sense, they're the bad guys, but they're not really deserving of death. There are non-violent ways to deal with the conspirators too, but some of those make killing seem kinder, and if you want justice then non-violence delivers in spades.

spotgimer
12-10-2014, 08:44 PM

But all those guards? Every single associate of the Templars, even the ones who didn't directly hurt us? And isn't death a rather blunt punishment, if it's the same for the street thug who threatened us or the tyrant who tries to enslave a whole society? I don't see what the protagonists of these games do as justice, yet, and I'm not sure that it ever should be. I think trying to make us feel good about these men and women is a mistake, and those characters should be the exception rather than the rule.

Sleeping Dogs feels so much better than any GTA partly because your character is unravelling during the game. He has pressures on him because he an undercover cop and has to preserve his trust within the gangs, but he's also got childhood friends involved and that makes him more and more unstable. GTA has asked you to be sympathetic to its gangsters since IV, and that's a tough sell. A cop in that situation is the obvious solution that GTA never tried.

I totally agree with you on the fact that killing guards or anyone else, even though they may not have killed someone themselves is wrong. Also I dont remember a time when an assassin killed a criminal for stealing, but anyway killing guards is definitely a silver lining. You could honestly say the same thing about war too. If you are a guard and you are protecting someone who has murdered or has done horrible things but the guard is not the same person, you shouldnt be surprised that people will attack or kill the guard even though its wrong. In my opinion I just think that the assassins are doing the best they can. I also believe that killing people for the greater good, like guards for example, isnt really making a sacrifice its more of attaining a benefit at others expenses. The thing is people arent superhuman, things that need to happen sometimes cant happen without wrongdoing.

Hood2theBurbs
12-10-2014, 10:30 PM
I love your story!

I'm totally impressed that you included this Altair vs. Abbas like friendship and conflict and how the Pieces of Eden and First Civ. site are a big deal again. I wish we do get something like that. Seriously, if Ubisoft hires some of us to direct or write some stories, even just as an inspiration for their own homemade story, we'd get much more interesting stuff, cause many of us really bring great ideas and much more exciting twists and turns and connections to past games and tying loose ends.

I was trying to create parallels to Altair because it's been a while since we seen an assassin like him.

Democrito_71
12-10-2014, 11:48 PM
Assassin's Creed: Guardian

The Thirty years war(1618-1648), Germany in the early 17th century.

Olof Bergfalk, born and raised within the Templar order, witness the assassination attempt of his templar mother in the age of 14. Olof runs towards the Assassin to prevent the assassination but the Assassin who don't realize Olof is just a boy, stabs him above the heart with the hidden blade and escapes. Olof survives the lethal wound and he makes a promise to himself to never let this happen to him again. The Grand Master makes an offer to let a former Assassin turned templar teach Olof the art of killing so he could defend himself and kill other Assassins. After years of training and dedication to the templars, The grand master appoints Olof(now 26) as Second in command of the templar order of Germany, but shortly the Grand Master dies of sickness and a new, radical templar becomes the new grand master.

The new Grand Master allows Olof to remain as 2nd in command as he trust him, but Olof gets more disillusioned by the new Grand Masters extreme view of the templar cause. Olof is then sent to a mission by the New Grand Master to obtain a new piece of Eden from the Assassins, that might give the templars the upper hand. When Olof manage to obtain the new Piece of Eden from the Assassins, he discovers that this Piece of Eden is too dangerous to let any side gets their hands on it. He decides then to betray the templars by hiding it and to protect the new piece of eden from both sides. This act marks him an enemy to both the templars and the Assassins.

Years later, as a way to hide from both factions, he now works as a mercenary and is then drawn into a conflict that would lead inte the thirty years war in Germany(1618-1648). In one of the battles, he kills a General who is then revealed as a high-ranking Templar and gets discovered by an Assassin who were sent to kill the General and recognizes Olof for who he is and that he stole the Piece of Eden from the Assassin Botherhood. After a fight, Olof managed to escape from the Assassin but the damage was already done. The Assassin reported too the brotherhood about Olof whereabouts and the General survived the murder attempt and sent a letter to the new Grand Master about Olofs whereabouts as well. This gives Olof the heat he have tried to avoid from both factions. Olof is then haunted by both orders for over 3 decades and have to fight against both orders and Assassinate targets from both sides for the his own survival and to protect the Piece of Eden from the Templars who are after it and the Assassins who wants it back.

What do you guys think?

Namikaze_17
12-10-2014, 11:55 PM
Especially Namikze17.

Because the Father of Understanding guides me to do it. ^^

Besides I hate Disney villains, if you get what I mean. ;)

Altair1789
12-11-2014, 12:06 AM
So in Victorian London orphans were a kind of a problem, right? I've been thinking that maybe alleged Samuel Fey's story will be he was an orphan... I mean, obviously that wouldn't be ALL, but it could be an interesting start. An assassin who becomes an assassin because he thinks its right. Could leave room for a complex story that involves modern day and previous AC games :p

I'd also like to see a game starting in the middle of a mission, like AC1 did

Namikaze_17
12-11-2014, 12:28 AM
So in Victorian London orphans were a kind of a problem, right? I've been thinking that maybe alleged Samuel Fey's story will be he was an orphan... I mean, obviously that wouldn't be ALL, but it could be an interesting start. An assassin who becomes an assassin because he thinks its right. Could leave room for a complex story that involves modern day and previous AC games :p

I'd also like to see a game starting in the middle of a mission, like AC1 did

The first mission begins immediately with the chase of Rodrick that gets pretty intense.

Sam assassinates him.

Then he makes it home on time for his family who's having dinner.

^ That's my personal beginning.

But it will most likely begin with young orphan Sam that gets adopted by a family of Assassins.

Years later, he's this brash and charismatic upstart that "mysteriously" has his parents taken down.

Oh, man...the imagination of that type of story is killing me. :rolleyes:

Hood2theBurbs
12-11-2014, 01:15 AM
It's hard to believe Ubi will do anything significant or fresh with the narrative, considering the utter mess that was Unity so I will keep my reservations when it comes to the story for Victory.

TO_M
12-11-2014, 01:41 AM
I've been thinking about the modern day story (although this was before victory was announced) for some time and I came up with the following:

In Rogue we learn that Otso Berg is interested in finding the Ankh and wanted to be updated on any potential sightings/rumours about the Ankh. According to the AC wiki the ANKH has been used to bring a member of the first civilization back to life (although only for one day, perhaps the effect on humans is different)

So in the modern day story (of Victory or perhaps the next one) you play the character that you played in Rogue who *spoilers) has the choice to either join the templars or die at the end. It doesn't really matter if this character is first/third person for the sake of the story though, but I'd prefer playing a named 3rd person character.

Either way the Rogue player character obviously joins the templars and is transferred to a proper Abstergo facility (a very specific facility, which would matter later on) for training/whatever, and has to go into the animus for whatever purpose (training/finding a sage etc). However at some point during the animus sessions the ankh's location is mentioned and stumbled upon and thus Berg and his team go to the location to try and retrieve it.
The player character in the meantime continues to use the animus for whatever the intended purpose was and after he completes it he learns from Berg and his team who are on site, that the Ankh isn't there anymore and thus Berg orders the character to go back into the animus to find out more, however on your way to the animus rooms the alarms are sounded: The facility is under attack by Assassins.

Depending on whether or not the playable character is first person or 3rd maybe you get to fight of a few of the attackers, however at some point you hear that a certain room/chamber is breached and you are sent there, you go there to find a few dead guards and the room supposedly empty.

(the next part would probably work better in 1st person)You turn towards the exit only to hear the classic hidden blade sound (like the ones from AC:1) and your vision starts to blur and you fall to the ground, you see a person in a gray/white hoodie and a massive burn on one of his arms walking away.

Some parts are perhaps a bit clichť/cop-out but whatever :rolleyes:

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 02:29 AM
I'd like a story with a Sage as the main protagonist.
In the beinning he is an assassin, eagerly fighting for their cause. As a Sage, he has memories of Aita, but he doesn't fully know what the mean and why they are happening to him. Over time, the visions get worse - longer and more intense - and they are beginning to drive him insane. He stops caring about the Assassins and their cause, only uses them and their knowledge to gain more information about Juno.

Or something like that. I don't know.
Sorry, I'm too tired to come up with anything good right now :'D

Oh, and during the longer memory visions, the player would take over the role of Aita during the First Civ era, and we'd learn more about the First Civ and Juno.

That would have been cool in AC IV if edward was the Sage through the story(obviuosly some tweeks would have too have been made) but that in the end [SPOILER](during the present day as the Abstergo employee) you almost get killed by one of Edwards Descendants?!.........................What a twist?!?!?

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 03:04 AM

Aims at total Control yes, but you have to also think of how they have shown templars in the light that if there was no control at all there would be total and utter chaos. granted they take it to the extreme which is why there kinda crazy!?

M8sT3r AsSASs1n
12-11-2014, 03:17 AM
Aims at total Control yes, but you have to also think of how they have shown templars in the light that if there was no control at all there would be total and utter chaos. granted they take it to the extreme which is why there kinda crazy!?

huh huh I said "utter chaos" that means mad cow disease, cows on strike, soured milk, chocolate milk cows, and who knows what else!!!

cawatrooper9
12-11-2014, 03:31 AM
I've always wondered if it might be interesting if an AC protagonist was an actual historical figure, incorporating this figure's actual events with their moonlighting Assassin duties. Could be interesting to see something like that.

pirate1802
12-11-2014, 07:58 AM
I understand that painting someone as good or bad is just a viewpoint, but just because it is a viewpoint does not mean that isnt any closer to truth than other viewpoints.
Nobody said their perspective is closer to truth. They only said that the mere existence of other viewpoints challenge the assassin viewpoint of being the only one, and hence true.

Yes its a videogame, but does it not represent real morality?
There is no such thing as 'real' morality, unless one is religious.

Also, last time I checked, protecting the people from a group that aims at total control is heroism.
On paper, yes. But if I start writing about how many things there are that seem heroic on paper but not quite so in real life, I'd be older than Jacques de Molay.

The_Kiwi_
12-11-2014, 08:05 AM
There is no such thing as 'real' morality, unless one is religious.

Not even then
Because which of the many religions represent real morality? :p

crusader_prophet
12-11-2014, 08:32 AM
Modern Day AC = The movie Wanted. You guys should watch it and see how closely it resembles the AC stories.

pirate1802
12-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Not even then
Because which of the many religions represent real morality? :p

They all push their own versions of tinpot morality, sometimes in direct confrontation with each other.

Personally I feel people just do things they are comfortable doing, and avoid acts they are uncomfortable with. Afterwards they paint over and justify their actions saying this is a moral way to act/that was immoral hence I avoided it etc etc.

Modern Day AC = The movie Wanted. You guys should watch it and see how closely it resembles the AC stories.

Watched it ages ago, it should be a lesson to people who believe that protecting 'freedom' by eliminating people is a good idea. You end up protecting something else entirely.

shahar_96
12-12-2014, 06:17 PM
sorry for bad english, hope that you will enjoy reading it.

Night, the sky was dark and the cold wind strikes the hooded man's face, riding on his horse in the speed of light.
"open the gates! The doctor arrives!" shouted a man from the castle ahead. The chains start to spin and the bridge got down.

The doctor stopped his horse and got off from his back, "I come as fast as I could, where is the king?" asked the hooded doctor.
The knight in front of his pulled off his helmet, "the king is fine. His son is the one that need help".

The doctor nod and entered the castle, his coat leaves mud behind him. "Good to see you doctor, his lying in his bed" said a man that stood near a golden door.
Suddenly the doctor realized who talking to him and bowed to the man, "my kingÖ" .

"Stand up, help my son!" said the king and pushed the door away and entered the room. In front of them was a bed covered with blankets and under them was a young kid sweating and terrified.

"Who is there!?" the kid asked. The doctor set near him and said "I'm the doctor". The boy turn around to the doctor, "doctor who?" he asked. The doctor smiled, "exactly. Now open your eyes boy" said the doctor.

The boy refused, "I can't they are burning when I open them." said the boy. The doctor touched his shoulder, "be strong, the father of understanding will guide you."
After some moments of silence, the boy opened his eyes and start shouting and when the doctor got close to him he started to hit him. "Leave me alone red monster! "shouted the boy. The doctor grabbed his hand and claimed him down, "I am not your enemy! Control it! What are you seeing?" asked the doctor.

The boy point his finger to a chair nearby, "I see dead people" he whispered. The king step ahead, "this is my father's chair".
The doctor singled to the king to get close, "look at his eyes, can you see the bleeding effect?" asked the doctor. The king nodded.
"Close your eyes boy and try to sleep" said the doctor and stood up. The king and the doctor got out from the room. "sorry for my lack of respect, but do you have history of stealing, murdering and free running in your family?" asked the doctor.

"of course not! How do you dare to say that?!" the king got mad and pulled out his sword. "sorry my king, what about the queen's family?" asked the doctor stepping back.
The king put down his sword, "he is my bastard son, and his mother was a *****. I donít know about her family" said the king.

The doctor took out a paper from his coat and showed it to the king, "did you seen this symbol on her (the assassins symbol)?" asked the doctor. "She had a tattoo like that on her hand" answered the king.

The doctor took back the paper, "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Not only that your son is cursed, all yours legacy after him will be."
The king grabbed his coat and touched his red cross on the collar, "I can't let it happen. Take the boy and I donít care what you will do with him, but hide his identity". the doctor smiled, "you are doing a great service to the order".

Twenty years laterÖ
It was an evening, the food still was on the long wood table. A knight was sitting there near an old man. "We know each other for a long time, we both are templars now Robert, you know i taught you all I know about the assassins" said the knight.
"Why do you telling me that?" asked the king. "Can you tell me what are the rules of the assassins?" asked the knight.
"Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent, Hide in plain sight and Never compromise the Brotherhood" said the king.

The knight looked at his king, "I know it will sound crazy but although the creed was vanished from the world I am afraid that we are dealing with a dark assassin" said the knight.
"What do you mean? There nothing special going on these days" said the king and drink from his golden glass.
"Your general falls from his horse to death, Jamey got joked from his food, and the old priest got heart attack on a bench. Can't you see what happening?" said the knight.

"No. that is just accidents and life" said the king. "did I tell you about the fourth rule of the assassins? A rule that has been forgotten and only true assassins use him.

"Assassin donít exist, there are only an accidents" said the knight. "The assassins that I told you about them was just a soldiers in worthless war, dark assassin is something a lot worse".

The king started to look scared, "what is a dark assassin?" he asked. "Dark assassin is the real assassin, the darkness and the shadows are their home, they donít steal, donít run and donít kill".

"they are masters in the eagle senses, most of them are blind and donít see sun light most of their life" the knight stood up. "do you know why the originals assassins wear the hidden blade on their left arm?" asked the knight.

The king looked at him, "no, I donít know" he said. "to keep their blade close as much as they can to their heart. And when they are exposed they will not fight, just stab their heart, never compromise the Brotherhood" said the knight and start walking out of the room.

"Wait! I still donít see why you think it is a dark assassin" said the king. The knight turned around, "a man becomes a dark assassin not from a choice, but from something dark that happened to him. Do you have dark secrets?" he asked and walked away.

Fear strikes the king, "guards! Guards!" he shouted. The king's guards walked in and bowed.
The king single one of them to get close, "light every place in the castle, put guards near every shadow and take my son to safety and make him the new king" said the king and the guard nodded.

Few hours passed and the king was still on his throne waiting to the unknown. Suddenly the door opened and a hooded man step inside. Guards pulling out their swords to protect their king.

"I can feel ten guards in this room, and I see every movement of them" said the hooded man.
"They are the best knights in the whole kingdom, you donít have chance against them, assassin" said the king.

The assassin throw his weapons away and took off his armor, "they are not bothering me" he said.
Suddenly the room changed, everything disappeared and the walls got painted in white, only the assassin and the king was in the white room.

"you can't hold the white room forever! I have nothing to do with you, I donít know who you are, leave my land!" shouted the king.
"youÖ oh you know too well who am I" the assassin pulled off his hood and showed his face, "father".

The king grabbed his chest, "no it can't be true, you are spouse to be dead!" shouted the king.
"you send me to my death when I need you the most!? I suffered a lot from this curse but now this is my gift" said the assassin.

The assassin start to walk to him, blood liquid from his eyes and with every step the white room slowly disappeared.

He grabbed the king throat, "they will kill you if they will see what you doing without the white room" said the king.
"I never was near you, I was just man stepping to the throne's room andÖ" the assassins broke the king's neck and throw him to the ground. "and the king just step on his dress, tripped and broke his neck" he smiled to the body and walked out of the room.

The bell alarm ringing and panic strikes the castle, on the watch tower nearby stood the assassin, "now the templers will fall while new king rising under the wings of the eagle"
He said and jumped to the hay stack behind the walls.

Sequence completed.

Namikaze_17
12-12-2014, 06:22 PM
Remember...

All these ideas > Actual story

Though I hope Victory will be good...

Altair1789
12-12-2014, 06:25 PM
Remember...

All these ideas > Actual story

Though I hope Victory will be good...

Sad, but true :(

I'd like a story about Desmond coming back. Maybe another Revelations type story where Desmond relives his ancestor's lives through Animus Island (they could say Clay saved him by uploading his mind to the animus) to save his mind and get back to a human body or something. The protagonist could be Thomas de Carneillon's descendant. Here's what I think could make a good story:

The game starts in the mission where you take the codex and the sword of eden from Jacques de Molay, except it starts earlier than it did in AC Unity (and ofcourse you're playing as Thomas commanding his assassins and the French guards). The rest could be eradicating templar remnants in Europe while searching for something like a POE. There could also be involvement with AltaÔr's memory seals, and Domenico Auditore (as a nod to Ezio fans). IF they wanted to make the plot something like Thomas uses the apple or gets messages from the first civ to leave a message for older Connor to discover that will help Desmond, that could make a good story and a good ending for Connor. I'm no expert at this though, this is one of the many stories proposed in this thread I'd like to see in game

spotgimer
12-12-2014, 10:42 PM
Sad, but true :(

I'd like a story about Desmond coming back. Maybe another Revelations type story where Desmond relives his ancestor's lives through Animus Island (they could say Clay saved him by uploading his mind to the animus) to save his mind and get back to a human body or something. The protagonist could be Thomas de Carneillon's descendant. Here's what I think could make a good story:

The game starts in the mission where you take the codex and the sword of eden from Jacques de Molay, except it starts earlier than it did in AC Unity (and ofcourse you're playing as Thomas commanding his assassins and the French guards). The rest could be eradicating templar remnants in Europe while searching for something like a POE. There could also be involvement with AltaÔr's memory seals, and Domenico Auditore (as a nod to Ezio fans). IF they wanted to make the plot something like Thomas uses the apple or gets messages from the first civ to leave a message for older Connor to discover that will help Desmond, that could make a good story and a good ending for Connor. I'm no expert at this though, this is one of the many stories proposed in this thread I'd like to see in game

I agree, I think that bringing back desmond would bring the series back to its golden age. (story-wise)

avk111
12-13-2014, 09:23 AM
I think the main point of Black Flag being so unique is that converts the main character's expertise and profession into the brotherhood.

So for example, if the main character was a doctor how would he use his abilities as a doctor by being a major badass assassin, maybe by devicing syrums , poisons , stuff like tha

If the character worked for the circus , how would he be able to use his knowledge to become another badass assassin using crazy acrobatic moves.

if the character was a carpenter (this is boring - but just an example), how does he use his ability to transform into something more assassinish.

The main point is for Ubi to bring a character with a fun and great profession and then transform that profession into an assassin's device.

Ofcourse the main drive behind the character can be almost anything as long as the the tools you have in your hands transform into something more fun.

RinoTheBouncer
12-13-2014, 04:20 PM
If Desmond returns, Iíll run naked in the street out of joy! PROMISE!

SosaBlazeMan32
12-13-2014, 06:02 PM
I've always wondered if it might be interesting if an AC protagonist was an actual historical figure, incorporating this figure's actual events with their moonlighting Assassin duties. Could be interesting to see something like that. Niccolo Machiavelli in ezios games. And many of the Templars in ac3 were real people . William Johnson, Charles Lee, John pitchfork, Ben church..

JustPlainQuirky
12-13-2014, 07:18 PM
Since Ubisoft is open to the idea of a vikings game, how about including my game mechanic idea stated in the OP?

and add fleet multiplayer while you're at it.

i want me and 5 of my buddies to shoot down 6 other people online

cawatrooper9
12-13-2014, 10:31 PM
Niccolo Machiavelli in ezios games. And many of the Templars in ac3 were real people . William Johnson, Charles Lee, John pitchfork, Ben church..

I realize that, but what I mean is for the protagonist, as in the playable character, to be an actual historical figure.

Hans684
12-13-2014, 10:34 PM
I realize that, but what I mean is for the protagonist, as in the playable character, to be an actual historical figure.

Hattori Hanzō could work.

souNdwAve89
12-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Hattori Hanzō could work.

Too bad it'll never happen minus Memories.

Hans684
12-13-2014, 11:20 PM
Too bad it'll never happen minus Memories.

True

Hans684
12-14-2014, 01:29 PM
What about a game where the Assassins is the mafia? Their order has a big disagreement so they split up. But their work collide so they fight each other and then we have the Templars as authority(police) hunting them.

Namikaze_17
12-14-2014, 02:07 PM
What about a game where the Assassins is the mafia? Their order has a big disagreement so they split up. But their work collide so they fight each other and then we have the Templars as authority(police) hunting them.

I could dig it. :cool:

Too bad it'd be too "Modern". :rolleyes:

Hans684
12-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I could dig it. :cool:

Too bad it'd be too "Modern". :rolleyes:

It does have potential.

Like Victorian London, that will never happen. :p:rolleyes:

Democrito_71
12-17-2014, 04:52 PM
Assassins Creed: Asgard
The Viking age in the 8th Century, Britain and Scandinavia

A Viking, supported and paid by the British Assassins to lead his viking clan to invade & raid England of it's gold and treasures to weaken the Templars influence over Britain

http://www.dailyscandinavian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/300914_Viking_Age.jpg

http://mikkeller.dk/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/viking.jpg

https://historicalwritings.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/vikingship.jpg

Democrito_71
02-25-2015, 07:16 PM
Just came to think about this cool thread so I wanted to revive it by giving a new story idea I came up with in another thread
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1012941-Assassin-s-Creed-Kings-and-Thieves

Early 13th Century Medieval England

You play as a man who were raised in lives in a peasant family at a farm and were trained from young age by his older cousin who is an Assassin. Then in his mid twenties, the main character is forced to fight when his Cousin gets discovered by the Templars (Prince John), the Templars destroys the Main characters family farm and the main character, his older Cousin and his family has to flee into the woods.

Since the Templars led by Prince John has destroyed most of the English Assassins, the Cousin decides to reestablish a new brotherhood (The Merry men) with the Main Character and together they decides to rob the Templars of their gold and give the gold too the poor too weaken the Templars economically so the Cousin and the main Character can stop Prince John from taking over England and to stop him from invading Europe.

Over time of the story, the peasants will give the Cousin the nickname of Robin Hood and eventually becomes the Legendary Robin Hood who was secretly a Mentor of a new version of the Assassin Brotherhood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merry_Men

What do you guys of this? :cool:

Xstantin
02-25-2015, 07:22 PM
Then in his mid twenties

Oh noes:)

Namikaze_17
02-25-2015, 07:30 PM

A Viking, supported and paid by the British Assassins to lead his viking clan to invade & raid England of it's gold and treasures to weaken the Templars influence over Britain

http://www.dailyscandinavian.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/300914_Viking_Age.jpg

http://img.pandawhale.com/post-23187-Dwayne-The-Rock-Johnson-Clappi-UqCk.gif

Matknapers18
02-25-2015, 08:19 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/nmz4i0.gif

RADAR__4077
02-25-2015, 08:42 PM

Hmmmm... Intriguing. They already have some experience with sailing, and I do like the idea of all out burning and pillaging.

They could throw in some basic archery and plan ahead with the story to be home followed by the medieval England game ;)

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 02:45 AM
ah y dis thread bumped i sound so snotty in the OP

then again when do I not

regardless Darby made a comment on repetitive stories in games and says its limited by the gameplay.

if it's limited, thats a sign to change the gameplay IMO

The_Kiwi_
02-26-2015, 02:47 AM

To perfect this masterpiece, Ragnar Lothbrok should be in the game

Democrito_71
02-26-2015, 08:28 PM
regardless Darby made a comment on repetitive stories in games and says its limited by the gameplay.

if it's limited, thats a sign to change the gameplay IMO

Very wisely said Quirky, completely agree with you on this :cool:

BananaBlighter
02-26-2015, 09:09 PM
Instead of always starting the story by showing how we have the character join the assassins, let him already be part of the brotherhood like Altair. We slowly find out about his past as we play on, and the whole story is like a mystery that he's solving like a detective which would really work for Victory with the whole Victorian Sherlock Holmes theme. If you've ever seen a TV show like Sherlock you know how exciting this could be. I mean, don't actually make him a detective but as he progresses he finds out more about his past (make sure to link it with his past before joining the brotherhood) and tries to search for clues. Oh yeah and the mystery can't just be like in Unity, "Who's the Templar Grandmaster?", then find him early on and spend the rest of the story pointlessly killing people to get to him, address: Who? What? Why? Where? When? How? There need to be interesting twists (not, "Oh no! It's actually 'SPOILERS!' - Germain) but something like in Sherlock (maybe give him a sidekick who's stupidly useful). Make the new modern day character (the 'new' Desmond) a Templar and as he plays through these memories his ideas change... These ideas are all too late for Victory because they've probably been working on that for a while now. This is just my idea, I mean I haven't completely thought out the story or anything, not even what the mystery would be (Why his mother left him? Who saved him when he was younger from some accident? What happened with that cruel man he used to work for as a child after hearing of him recently?) and I can see how many people would disagree with me. The way I see it, they already attempted this in Unity but it wasn't told correctly and didn't have enough depth, and a love story reduced the focus of the whole story as a whole, not interesting.

VoldR
02-27-2015, 08:59 AM
A double agent like story, where we get to have multitude of paths that makes no difference in the long run and still end up with the same mate for the descendant to be born. But have fun anyway being either side while the kid will have no lasting effect despite what the father/ mother did.

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Instead of always starting the story by showing how we have the character join the assassins, let him already be part of the brotherhood like Altair. We slowly find out about his past as we play on, and the whole story is like a mystery that he's solving like a detective which would really work for Victory with the whole Victorian Sherlock Holmes theme. If you've ever seen a TV show like Sherlock you know how exciting this could be. I mean, don't actually make him a detective but as he progresses he finds out more about his past (make sure to link it with his past before joining the brotherhood) and tries to search for clues.

This, I like. The new memories from assassinations would work well with this.

bill11760
02-27-2015, 11:45 AM
Assassin in Japan, boy who grows up to be a man,
Father, brother, mother, maybe more (all alive, or atleast father, mother and brother)
Not family death again.
Father, Brother and Protaganist are all assassins.
Protaganist and his brother are rivals. They are a good family.

The_Kiwi_
02-27-2015, 12:04 PM
Such political incorrect-ness.

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 01:38 PM
Assassin in Japan, boy who grows up to be a man,
Father, brother, mother, maybe more (all alive, or atleast father, mother and brother)
Not family death again.
Father, Brother and Protaganist are all assassins.
Protaganist and his brother are rivals. They are a good family.

MOST ORIGINAL STORY EVAR!!! 100/10 :rolleyes:

Oh, and add that ninja goodness. ;)

pirate1802
02-28-2015, 06:32 AM
boy who grows up to be a man,

Totally didn't see this coming.

Sorry man :p

Xstantin
02-28-2015, 06:45 AM
what if it's a girl who grows up to be a man

The_Kiwi_
02-28-2015, 06:53 AM
what if it's a girl who grows up to be a man

That's an M. Night Shyamalan plot twist if I ever did see one

Hans684
02-28-2015, 11:44 AM
A hitman and a professional "Assassin", he/she takes contracts for any and no questions asked. It's a a simple job and pays enough but his/her level of skills has given the person a big reputation but also made the Assassin and interested in him/her. However he/she don't want to be any part of their chases after butterflies and ends up a target of both orders.

EmbodyingSeven5
02-28-2015, 05:47 PM
we play as an assassin novice who isn't extraordinary at all. ( no first civ dna). on a mission he recovers a POE from a Templar he killed. when he returns he hides the POE from the assassins to learn its secrets. overtime he learns new designs for new and improved weapons( my idea is a Leonardo da Vinci like glider usable in game). To prove his worth he learns Templar information through the POE and begins to become recognized in the brotherhood. the POE later even grants him the ability to use eagle vision. halfway through the game he discovers that the POE has been manipulating some of his thoughts and actions. thinking he can overcome it he continues to use it. overtime he begins to understand that centuries ahead of him the assassin Templar war strives on. eventually juno herself comes to him and tells him his future actions will affect the course of the modern day world and that he could end the war. after hundreds of visions he knows who desmond miles is and that someone from the modern day is viewing his life through the animus. from this point he begins to directly speak to the player. discussing his thoughts and actions to us. when the game ends and the assassin has finished his work granted by the POE, it self destructs itself leaving serious damage on its assassin host.

wickywoowoo
02-28-2015, 10:21 PM
If anyone here is a wrestling fan - a Bray Wyatt type character would be my idea.

A guy who plays with paranoia, conspiracy theory and slight occult/cult leader tendencies to make both Assassins and Templars do his bidding so he can wipe out humanity to stop Juno and her group taking control. A guy totally unconnected to any side or allegiance, just someone who wants to be the Eater of Worlds and end the "failed experiment" of humanity as we've failed to be worthy and TWCB were just as bad as they died off to begin with.

Also gives you a chance to make use of the more "real world" symbolism, religious material and occult stuff that came up during the Ezio time with Adam/Eve, modern conspiracy, fallen angels, etc.

Namikaze_17
02-28-2015, 10:27 PM
If anyone here is a wrestling fan - a Bray Wyatt type character would be my idea.

A guy who plays with paranoia, conspiracy theory and slight occult/cult leader tendencies to make both Assassins and Templars do his bidding so he can wipe out humanity to stop Juno and her group taking control. A guy totally unconnected to any side or allegiance, just someone who wants to be the Eater of Worlds and end the "failed experiment" of humanity as we've failed to be worthy and TWCB were just as bad as they died off to begin with.

Also gives you a chance to make use of the more "real world" symbolism, religious material and occult stuff that came up during the Ezio time with Adam/Eve, modern conspiracy, fallen angels, etc.

So...a sage?

wickywoowoo
02-28-2015, 10:35 PM
So...a sage?

Well.... no. I clearly stated no connection to Juno or her gang. This person wants to eradicate human life. Juno wants to keep some as subjects, etc. This person learns of the Assassins/Templar thing through occult research and it feeds their already apocalyptic dreams. Assassins/Templar/First Will/Everyone dies in this person's end game.

It could be a seedling for a future where Templars and Assassins become allies on a larger scale as opposed to random people doing deals. I suspect this is the future with them uniting against Juno's gang of merry men.

Namikaze_17
02-28-2015, 11:25 PM
Well.... no. I clearly stated no connection to Juno or her gang. This person wants to eradicate human life. Juno wants to keep some as subjects, etc. This person learns of the Assassins/Templar thing through occult research and it feeds their already apocalyptic dreams. Assassins/Templar/First Will/Everyone dies in this person's end game.

It could be a seedling for a future where Templars and Assassins become allies on a larger scale as opposed to random people doing deals. I suspect this is the future with them uniting against Juno's gang of merry men.

So the ultimate evil then...

Wow, haven't had that before. :rolleyes:

Secretslave
02-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Assassin's Creed would benefit immensely if the developers could find more interest to draw us to the main story. As of now (speaking for AC Origins), the Ubisoft team is doing alot better in delivering us new content and features to keep us interested in the game, including Trials of the God's, New Game Plus, the discovery tour, and the current and future downloadable content. However, it is missing two crucial things I think would better the game: a powerful story and multiplayer/co-op mode. As a suggestion, I have provided a link for a time period and setting for a great Assassin's Creed Plot: http://www.badassoftheweek.com/hashashin.html

If you're familiar with the series, You may understand that this sounds similar to the setting of AC 1. Well, you're right, AC 1 was loosely based off this story. Ubisoft directors should take this era and produce an amazing storyline like AC1. The main character could be a Hashashin recruit traveling through the ranks. The conflict could be the Mongol invasion and corruption of hierarchy. Two things I would enjoy most is getting a believable/interesting story that is able to be followed easily and present exciting historical knowledge as well as getting strong character connections between the main character and other individuals in the storyline so you get close to them. (Am I the only one who forgot who Hepzefa was when Bayek got his fire sword in AC Origins???). With a great story, multiplayer, and the updates and content being released on Assassins Creed Origins, Ubisoft could make another amazing game to be remembered.

battleops21
05-28-2018, 12:00 AM
FIRST IDEA

Assassins Creed Briton so its based more roman era when they invaded Britain and the assassin starts off as a slave but then was raided by a Celt warship then takes him into a village and the village gets raided by romans then he gets trained to become an assassin by someone then fights the romans following the Celts get to a point were he is meant to kill the leader of the eagle of the ninth aka the lost legion but then goes under the wing of the romans and kill more Celts yet finding out later on both the Celts and the romans betrayed him then he gets to choose which side will he be on but whatever action he does it impacts the world around him..... Just saying its a work in progress but it has potential hopefully ubisoft might look at its community for ideas and set it to reality but yeah just a mock up i guess you can call it.

SECOND IDEA

Assassins Creed The legion, So similar to my first concept but more from the lost legion point of view so you play as Esca Flavilus Aquila and your a legionnaire and you watch your commander become slaughter infront of you and you run to try and escape to a near by village and the Celts find you and keeps you as prisoner then you have to try to escape to head south to the southern wall that borders the north and the south and the main quest is to retrieve the eagle of the ninths banner and restore Romes pride but you will encounter many many enemies and problems and those you think is your friends yet they will betray you, you will find love in which you did not seek but will you betray those you love to find the banner or will you protect the ones you love and watch as Rome falls and surround your self in death and war.

Like I said these are all Ideas and I just want to give more ideas to the community and if anyone wants to improve my concept feel free :) If you want to message me Ubisoft for ideas if you like my concepts feel free as well :) I still have 3 more that I am working on.

joshoolhorst
06-03-2018, 01:04 PM
This is more of a Origin story of someone becoming an Assassin but oke.

What about the main protagonist that is planning to kill a man/woman to free his country and help his friends (Templar PLOT TWIST Obvious) for some reason I don't know but it doesn't include revenge:)

But he needs (we call him Aquila for now) a weapon that is easily obscure, hidden, secret and if found they think it's a group of people and hunt them down but not him but that is subject to change of course. He hears about the hidden blade an ancient weapon and so searches for hidden Tombs (Brotherhood/Origins) and finds it in an Assassin grave surrounded by Assassin ideology and lore. He returns home and kills the Templar Master in his sleep (after the Templar leaves a group of people for bed time who talk about a certain Father of Understanding) and sneakes away in the public in social stealth (he learns that from the ideology and stuff from the Tombs).

He starts hunting them down one by one because no one will be save untill all of them are gone and along the way he starts learning more and more about the ''real'' world around him: Templars, Assassin's, Artefacts, First Civilization cults and etc.
He will make new friends along the way, make enemies, fight enemies. conspiracy's and etc.

One of his first ACTUAL Assassin missions will be hunting down a crazy artefact that is making havic agrose certain regions. The people think it's God will or Demons and so you will be going to this palace or tomb. Fight hallucinations and defeat the artefact and hide it away somewhere or give it to someone you trust to hide it away. This will make excellent boss fight's and give a reason to why people believe this was an God and so they tell this to their children in time this becomes a legend and well God you get the picture.

Modern Day: You play as an Assassin that is banished from the Order for doing certain ''bad'' things but because you have nowhere to go so you want go back and restore your rank in the Brotherhood. The first mission is just a tutorial you steal an Animus from Abstergo and find leads to important artefgacts in history. You will go to the country where the Assassin Aquila lived and died and start reliving his memories through Helix combined with the Animus. There will be a village near by where you can interact with people in the night and buy stuff for missions: Pain killers as an example.
Your computer that watches over when you enter the Animus gives you also messages (email) because you implanted a device in Abstergo in the beginning of the story to track Templar movement and etc MISSION TIME PLAY AROUND!

At the end when you meet an actual Modern Day Assassin and someone from Erudito (a hackers group that got mentioned in the games but never appeared in the games but has recently started working with the Assassin's) The Templars find the artefact before you do and so you three work together to get the artefact back. The search will lead you to an Abstergo complex and you plan on how to break in the place with your Assassin companion and the hacker who advices you what to do. In the complex you will meet people locked up in chambers cells like Desmond who are subjects of the Animus.

The Templar leader finds out about you and your Assassin companion and uses the artefact on the subjects to fight for him and summons guards to his aid. All subjects fight different: one fights like a Japanese ninja, the other like a boxer, one like a standard soldier, theotherlike an Assassin novice or Master. You will neutralise the subjects which the Modern Day protagonist doesn't like because it makes just things harder for you… Guards you just kill…. After this you kill the Templar retrieve the artefact give the subjects the choice to let them join the Brotherhood so you can rebuild the Brotherhood in the Modern era while also giving them the choice to return to their normall daily lives.

Not much I came up with this in 5 minutes I didn't need 4 years to write a cliche revenge plot.

battleops21
06-03-2018, 07:47 PM
This is more of a Origin story of someone becoming an Assassin but oke.

What about the main protagonist that is planning to kill a man/woman to free his country and help his friends (Templar PLOT TWIST Obvious) for some reason I don't know but it doesn't include revenge:)

But he needs (we call him Aquila for now) a weapon that is easily obscure, hidden, secret and if found they think it's a group of people and hunt them down but not him but that is subject to change of course. He hears about the hidden blade an ancient weapon and so searches for hidden Tombs (Brotherhood/Origins) and finds it in an Assassin grave surrounded by Assassin ideology and lore. He returns home and kills the Templar Master in his sleep (after the Templar leaves a group of people for bed time who talk about a certain Father of Understanding) and sneakes away in the public in social stealth (he learns that from the ideology and stuff from the Tombs).

He starts hunting them down one by one because no one will be save untill all of them are gone and along the way he starts learning more and more about the ''real'' world around him: Templars, Assassin's, Artefacts, First Civilization cults and etc.
He will make new friends along the way, make enemies, fight enemies. conspiracy's and etc.

One of his first ACTUAL Assassin missions will be hunting down a crazy artefact that is making havic agrose certain regions. The people think it's God will or Demons and so you will be going to this palace or tomb. Fight hallucinations and defeat the artefact and hide it away somewhere or give it to someone you trust to hide it away. This will make excellent boss fight's and give a reason to why people believe this was an God and so they tell this to their children in time this becomes a legend and well God you get the picture.

Modern Day: You play as an Assassin that is banished from the Order for doing certain ''bad'' things but because you have nowhere to go so you want go back and restore your rank in the Brotherhood. The first mission is just a tutorial you steal an Animus from Abstergo and find leads to important artefgacts in history. You will go to the country where the Assassin Aquila lived and died and start reliving his memories through Helix combined with the Animus. There will be a village near by where you can interact with people in the night and buy stuff for missions: Pain killers as an example.
Your computer that watches over when you enter the Animus gives you also messages (email) because you implanted a device in Abstergo in the beginning of the story to track Templar movement and etc MISSION TIME PLAY AROUND!

At the end when you meet an actual Modern Day Assassin and someone from Erudito (a hackers group that got mentioned in the games but never appeared in the games but has recently started working with the Assassin's) The Templars find the artefact before you do and so you three work together to get the artefact back. The search will lead you to an Abstergo complex and you plan on how to break in the place with your Assassin companion and the hacker who advices you what to do. In the complex you will meet people locked up in chambers cells like Desmond who are subjects of the Animus.

The Templar leader finds out about you and your Assassin companion and uses the artefact on the subjects to fight for him and summons guards to his aid. All subjects fight different: one fights like a Japanese ninja, the other like a boxer, one like a standard soldier, theotherlike an Assassin novice or Master. You will neutralise the subjects which the Modern Day protagonist doesn't like because it makes just things harder for youÖ Guards you just killÖ. After this you kill the Templar retrieve the artefact give the subjects the choice to let them join the Brotherhood so you can rebuild the Brotherhood in the Modern era while also giving them the choice to return to their normall daily lives.

Not much I came up with this in 5 minutes I didn't need 4 years to write a cliche revenge plot.

First of all before you attack me and my ideas in a malicious and negative way, understand that for someone who's a senior you act like a child from your grammar to your attitude and I would advise you to not condensed to people unless they are the same in mentality as you.

Secondly, Like I said these are just "ideas" and I know that I need improvements but your ideas show some logic yet towards the end of your "rant" you just completely went off topic then quoted most of the new game in which I dont understand why would you call it an idea yet your so called idea mainly consists the new Assassins creed and revelations showing now correlation between them.

Also I do like your Idea of "At the end when you meet an actual Modern Day Assassin and someone from Erudito (a hackers group that got mentioned in the games but never appeared in the games but has recently started working with the Assassin's) The Templars find the artefact before you do and so you three work together to get the artefact back. The search will lead you to an Abstergo complex and you plan on how to break in the place with your Assassin companion and the hacker who advices you what to do. In the complex you will meet people locked up in chambers cells like Desmond who are subjects of the Animus." But most of what you said before didn't really make sense to this part more or less you contradicted your self good sir..... tut tut tut.

All in all dont get rude to people you post ideas because at the end of the day we are both fans of the Assassins creed franchise and if your going to talk like that to other fans I doubt that Ubisoft take kindly to negative people towards their fans and customers so I would HIGHLY recommend you to rethink what you said and look back on your actions.....

Either way thank you for your criticism and I will take it into account :)

Khris

joshoolhorst
06-03-2018, 10:50 PM
@ battleops21 (I can't quoto for some reason so I use the @)

''First of all before you attack me and my ideas in a malicious and negative way, understand that for someone who's a senior you act like a child from your grammar to your attitude and I would advise you to not condensed to people unless they are the same in mentality as you. ''

Oke first of my post HAS NOTHING I assure you NOTHING to do with your post here at all! I didn't even read your post so I had to do that just for the sake for this comment to understand where you are coming from and after reading it I still don't see it as a criticism on your work. The only thing I think our story's have in common is the Aquila name which if I did read your post I would've changed it! if it is about the revenge plot or I don't know whatever but what I wanna say MY POST... Had nothing to do with yours nor it's supposed to be rude!

It wasn't a rant on your work IF I did reply to you it would've been a quoto or @ first hand. My ''story'' wasn't finished more an idea but I did not mention that and I might not even go back to it anyway it's nothing really important for me as of right now. It's open to criticism just like yours.

If you wanna know my thoughts on your work I like it! sounds fun to walk in there and nice to know people haven't completely forgotten about the Celt brings back memories from Hellblade.

joshoolhorst
06-03-2018, 10:57 PM
@ battleops21

And because I can't edit my comment for some reason I hope you wil read it