PDA

View Full Version : The issue with the series since AC III

compukn1ght
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
After recently doing a marathon run through the series, from 1 to Unity (haven't got Rogue YET!!), I have come to realize why the story line has gone downhill since AC III.

I believe that since a compelling back story arc (Ala Desmond) has gone bye bye the compulsion to replay again and again is slowly going.

What we need is a new modern day protagonist, I mean come on what has happened to the modern war between Assassin's and Templars. Now its all about Abstergo ruling everything, ( alot like cTos in Watch Dogs).

Please Ubisoft give us a new modern day assassin to play around with, and I mean 3rd person view NOT 1st person.

dxsxhxcx
12-09-2014, 10:40 PM
it won't happen..

Hans684
12-09-2014, 10:46 PM
As said above, it's nothing but a dream now. It won't happen, I don't expect it, so I don't hope for it but I want it. Hoping for things that won't happen only leads to disappointment.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
It's...not gonna happen.

And even if there was a new protagonist, he/she would just be as unused and undeveloped as Desmond was. Perhaps even worse.

And in turn, people will start calling him/her boring, annoying, unimportant, etc. ( Just like Desmond)

Now why is that? Because the precious Ancestor/Historical aspect come first. :rolleyes:

dxsxhxcx
12-09-2014, 11:17 PM
It's...not gonna happen.

And even if there was a new protagonist, he/she would just be as unused and undeveloped as Desmond was. Perhaps even worse.

And in turn, people will start calling him/her boring, annoying, unimportant, etc. ( Just like Desmond)

Now why is that? Because the precious Ancestor/Historical aspect come first. :rolleyes:

Ubisoft: we are going to reduce the modern days because we can't properly focus on both storylines.. (or something along those lines, feel free to correct me)

2014: ACU (the game where they put that in action) is released with a myriad of bugs and glitches and its story (historical) is being considered by many as the weakest story this franchise already had..

the irony of all this is kinda funny... :p

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 11:21 PM
Ubisoft: we are going to reduce the modern days because we can't properly focus on both storylines.. (or something along those lines, feel free to correct me)

2014: ACU (the game where they put that in action) is released with a myriad of bugs and glitches and its story (historical) is being considered by many as the weakest story this franchise already had..

the irony of all this is kinda funny... :p

^ This should be a meme. :rolleyes:

Bostonite
12-12-2014, 04:16 AM
I'm desperately missing the modern day story, as well. And yes, I want a protagonist to follow. I don't want to be the protagonist. I want another character to play with, care about, deal with the fun modern day conspiracies between Assassins and Abstergo, have fun with Shaun and Rebecca again. I miss my games ending with absolute WTF moments (AC1 thru to AC3). I hear AC3 wasn't liked by many; I loved it. Black Flag was well-received; I couldn't bring myself to care too much about it. Go figure.

I really hope they don't do away with modern, they gotta figure out to make it work somehow.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-12-2014, 06:51 AM
You make a great point.. I wanted to play all of the AC games in order before i move on from ps3 just to watch the story unfold.. but with a now lame modern day.. i have no urge to replay AC4-Unity

dxsxhxcx
12-12-2014, 11:47 AM
I wouldn't mind if the modern days story continued to be told in form of cutscenes as long as they show us someone else (in 3rd person) story other than ourselves, this way they can focus on create an engaging story (enganging story =/= sit on a chair being told what to do) without need to worry about how the core gameplay will fit into the modern days...

Terrence_Lee
12-12-2014, 01:38 PM
What can we say man? My opinion is they made a poor decision to kill Desmond at the end of AC3
It almost seems they wanted to end the AC franchise at that time
Then the problem begin to surface, Desmond is dead but the franchise still goes on, without a continuos storyline
I am not talking about the story in ac4, rogue and unity. Everyone knows there would be a different in-game story in every ac games nowadays.
I am talking about the only thing that connected all the titles, that is the modern day storyline, is gone with Desmond.
Now it seems there are no more connections between every ac games anymore, unless ubi comes up with another new protagonist and stick to him/her.

To be honest, I am kinda look forward to both new FEMALE protagonist and assassin in the future titles. At least give us some surprise.

dxsxhxcx
12-12-2014, 01:57 PM
What can we say man? My opinion is they made a poor decision to kill Desmond at the end of AC3
Then the problem begin to surface, Desmond is dead but the franchise still goes on, without a continuos storyline
I am not talking about the story in ac4, rogue and unity. Everyone knows there would be a different in-game story in every ac games nowadays.
I am talking about the only thing that connected all the titles, that is the modern day storyline, is gone with Desmond.
Now it seems there are no more connections between every ac games anymore, unless ubi comes up with another new protagonist and stick to him/her.

To be honest, I am kinda look forward to both new FEMALE protagonist and assassin in the future titles. At least give us some surprise.

the conection still is there, it's Juno, but it's pointless since we aren't in the middle of the action anymore because of our pathetic role, the fact that the character we are controlling has no "soul" doesn't help as well...

compukn1ght
12-22-2014, 02:25 PM

Now THIS I agree with, c'mon Ubisoft, you wanna know why one of your most lucrative franchises is going down the toilet (apart from selling a BROKEN GAME), it's because we as your bread and butter are NOT connecting with your product.

At least with Desmond, with all his failings, gave us somebody to relate to when not playing the main game, he also gave us a point of reference that linked all the games in OUR time.

Now a female protagonist sounds like fun, if you take your lead from the Dragon Age and Mass Effect games and add a romance option into the modern day story then you will make us CARE about what is going on (this would work with a male as well DUH).

In AC:U where was the ongoing story with JUNO? What happened to Rebecca and Shawn? DOES ANYONE FROM UBISOFT ACTUALLY READ THESE FORUMS?

Who in your vast offices decided "Hmm lets just forget all AC lore that we have built up over the years, oh and give our users a FPS type experience (talking about you Black Flag). Oh and in the new game lets cut out player control completely in the modern world story"? WHOEVER IT WAS SHOULD BE SACKED!!!!!

I got so bored with AC:U that I went back to AC III (shudder) just to get the modern day fix (plus I have played through AC-AC Revelations sooo many times I no longer need the game guide to get 100% sync).

pirate1802
12-22-2014, 02:36 PM
Whoever it was who decided on AC IV MD system should be promoted. Goodness, if I was forced to go through more ludicrous AC3-type modern day missions I'd have smashed my head into my TV..

compukn1ght
12-22-2014, 03:01 PM
Whoever it was who decided on AC IV MD system should be promoted. Goodness, if I was forced to go through more ludicrous AC3-type modern day missions I'd have smashed my head into my TV..

REALLY

, my god they were so mundane and gave you no-one to connect to. I spent hours wandering around hacking everything, finding every QR code for what? A little bit more insight into what happened to Desmond. And what the hell was all that with #subject 1? At least if we saw the character we could have been a little more immersed and committed to the character.