PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed about the origins of the templars/assassins+ first civ?

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 09:56 PM
I've heard somewhere credible (I've forgotten where, I think in AC3 it's something William told Desmond) that the assassins broke off of the templars a long time ago (during the time of the first civilization), and I've also heard theories about playing some missions as one of the ones who came before in Victory. I think it would be really cool if they explored that. Maybe in Victory, you occasionally go through the memories of one of the templars who started the assassin order. It's a very interesting thing to explore, in AC3 when Juno would tell Desmond of what the first civilization was like, that just interested me so much. All the potential, all the possibilities of a story more closely involving actually being someone of the first civilization. It could make for an amazing story. You could also be playing as AC:V's protagonist using memory seals made by one of the first assassins while searching for an artifact. For me, it would make up for the lack of anything interesting in Unity, and even no modern day. I may be adding to this since I'm in a bit of a rush and I'm sure I left out some interesting points. I just would really love something to further the overarching story a lot and introduce a lot of interesting concepts. Any thoughts on this?

JamesFaith007
12-09-2014, 10:33 PM
This is more theme for some book (miniseries of book) then game.

Too many complex information for side missions of one games.

Hans684
12-09-2014, 10:43 PM
Games of the origins of both orders has always been on my list but as said we also need books for that. It's a complicated moment where meanings of things and goals is something that needs to be done perfectly.

wickywoowoo
12-09-2014, 10:59 PM
Assassins Creed is a game series primarily. You can't put all the important information in books, comics and Initiates. It's ridiculous how I read stuff on this forum about important Assassins, First Civ and Modern Day stuff I have no idea about but it's all canon because I am not swimming in money to buy 100423 comics and books and have hours to spend on Initiates.

They need to address some of it in the game or else give up on it completely. It's a farce.

SlyTrooper
12-10-2014, 12:25 AM
Assassins Creed is a game series primarily. You can't put all the important information in books, comics and Initiates. It's ridiculous how I read stuff on this forum about important Assassins, First Civ and Modern Day stuff I have no idea about but it's all canon because I am not swimming in money to buy 100423 comics and books and have hours to spend on Initiates.

They need to address some of it in the game or else give up on it completely. It's a farce.

Use the wiki.

And besides, there aren't that many books & comics. You've got the French ones which are only a little bit canon (Aquilus) & then you have The Fall & The Chain. That's about it. I suppose there's the novels too, but I always see them as a must by personally.

IntoTheGray
12-10-2014, 12:27 AM
I donīt think you will play first Civ missions in Victory. If you read all Assassin informations in Unity you get one single screenshot and the templar say that it took them 14 different memories to do a 2.7 sec 60 fps video. So if there is no major breakthrough in the ongoing present day of acinitiates, if that ever comes back, then I see no chances for Victory. Maybe you get a short teaser video.

GoldenBoy9999
12-10-2014, 12:30 AM
Use the wiki.

And besides, there aren't that many books & comics. You've got the French ones which are only a little bit canon (Aquilus) & then you have The Fall & The Chain. That's about it. I suppose there's the novels too, but I always see them as a must by personally.

Yeah, AC doesn't have that much. There's also Brahman which is made by the creators of The Fall & The Chain. They seem to be regarded positively as well. I haven't read any of the novels and I need to get around to them.

And yes, the wiki is a great place to learn the lore and in-depth knowledge.