PDA

View Full Version : Who should compose Victory's Soundtrack?

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Do you want past composers like Jesper Kyd and/or Lorne Balfe to return?

Or maybe recent ones like Brian Tyler and such?

Or is there someone else in particular you would like to compose instead?

I personally would like both Jesper Kyd/Lorne Balfe to return, but preferably Balfe.

What about you?

Feel free to Discuss!!! :)

RinoTheBouncer
12-09-2014, 06:04 PM
Lorne Balfe and Jesper Kyd

AC:R was the most epic AC soundtrack and it’s a soundtrack that you can listen to on your iPod, away from the game and still enjoy it. I want that kind of soundtrack and those two composers made it beyond perfect.

melbye82
12-09-2014, 06:09 PM
*****ver made the Unity-soundtrack, not that person. Uninspiring crap. Would be awesome if Jesper Kyd returned

Shahkulu101
12-09-2014, 06:12 PM
I think someone is already working on it at present if it's releasing next year. So I hope that the composer is someone new or Jesper Kyd, Brian Tyler or Sarah Scahchner.

It's very unlikely that it will be Kyd, sadly. Or that any composer from previous games will return - they have went with someone new every time since Kyd left, which is a good thing I suppose. Oh and honourable mention to Elitsa Alexandrova, Rogue has some very nice music.

ACfan443
12-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Jesper Kyd
But as Shak pointed out they've hired a new composer for each sequel since Kyd's departure, so chances of him returning are unfortunately slim.

Also, Chris Tilton's work on Unity wasn't the best (in fact, I hated most of it), but excluding him from the poll and dismissing his work (which constituted the majority of the soundtrack) is kinda rude and unfair.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 06:45 PM
Jesper Kyd
But as Shak pointed out they've hired a new composer for each sequel since Kyd's departure, so chances of him returning are unfortunately slim.

Also, Chris Tilton's work on Unity wasn't the best (in fact, I hated most of it), but excluding him from the poll and dismissing his work (which constituted the majority of the soundtrack) is kinda rude and unfair.

I didn't mean to do it that... -__-

I just didn't feel like including all of them, and people know Sarah the most, so I placed her instead.

But if it's really a bother, I'll have a mod change it.

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 07:02 PM
Hans Zimmer.

In all seriousness, though, I really liked Rogue's soundtrack. I say we give Alexandrova a chance at this title.

Rugterwyper32
12-09-2014, 07:37 PM
Either Brian Tyler or someone completely new (went for none of them seeing how there's no proper "other" option that makes it sound better, but oh well). Though leaning towards someone new. To go for actual names, though, I'd be happy with Inon Zur, Daniel Licht or Jeremy Soule. Though Daniel Licht did compose Dishonored's OST so that would lend itself to more comparisons even though this game wouldn't be whale oil punk.
And man, I really do like Jesper Kyd but the near worship of his work everywhere he goes does get tiring, I feel. I do love me some variety and I'd be fine if they keep bringing on new composers, admittedly.

andreycvetov
12-09-2014, 07:39 PM
I would really really like Hanz Zimmer to do it ,but thats just not going to happen . When it comes to sountracks he is a god among men ,and almost every piece he makes has some kind of epicness to it .So If it is not him ,I guess Kid is alright or Howard Shore ( because he made the soundtrack to my favourite films :D )

Aphex_Tim
12-09-2014, 07:44 PM
Anything far from the likes of Hans Zimmer.

andreycvetov
12-09-2014, 07:50 PM
Whats with Zimmer ,why don't you like him?

Xstantin
12-09-2014, 08:07 PM
I don't really care for 'epic' themes. Anyone who can make nice ambient tracks will do. If going with somebody new it'll be awesome if they used Michael McCann.

king-hailz
12-09-2014, 08:12 PM
I think Jesper Kyd truly knew the distinct sound of the series. It should have always been him working with others.
so AC1-Brotherhood Jesper Kyd
ACR/AC3 Jesper Kyd and Lorne Blafe
AC4 Jesper Kyd and Brian Tyler
ACU Jesper Kyd and Chris.....
ACV Jesper Kyd and someone else or just him...

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Lorne Balfe or Sarah Schachner. I prefer Lorne Balfe much more, but Unity's soundtrack was okay. Rogue's composer would also be fine by me

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:10 PM
I don't care what composer it is.

As long as it's good like Revelations, AC3, Liberation, ToKW, and Freedom Cry

and not utter garbage like Rogue or Unity.

Seriously. Whoever 'composed' Rogue's theme should just...hngh

It makes me really question the point of hiring a composer sometimes.

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 10:15 PM
Seriously. Whoever 'composed' Rogue's theme should just...hngh

I've gotten used to Rogue's theme over time...

I like it.

Though I wish I could exclude the Ezio's family bit in the beginning. -__-

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:17 PM
I've gotten used to Rogue's theme over time...

I like it.

It's literally 2-3 songs meshed together. Even the 'main' part of the song is recycled from ACIV.

I refuse to support composers who rehash music like that. Especially when the 'homage' does not fit whatsoever.

And this is coming from someone who LOOOOOOOOVES composers.

I don't know who decided the theme would be a recycled mess, but I genuinely believe that person should not have input in the development of the game.

#AtLeastTheRecycledThemeRepresentsHowRecycledTheGa meIs

Even Liberation, a vita game, had a surprisingly masterful soundtrack. I'm sad we got 3 games in a row with subpar music.

STDlyMcStudpants
12-09-2014, 10:19 PM
nicki minaj

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 10:21 PM
My anaconda dont

My anaconda dont

My anaconda dont want none unless you templar scum

Namikaze_17
12-09-2014, 10:27 PM
It's literally 2-3 songs meshed together. Even the 'main' part of the song is recycled from ACIV.

I refuse to support composers who rehash music like that. Especially when the 'homage' does not fit whatsoever.

I don't know who decided the theme would be a recycled mess, but I genuinely believe that person should not have input in the development of the game.

Even Liberation, a vita game, had a surprisingly masterful soundtrack. I'm sad we got 3 games in a row with subpar music.

Yeah, that may be...but I dunno.

Maybe I just don't have the heart to dislike it.

Best theme? No.

Recycled? Yes.

And maybe because it's a Templar game. ^^

But that shouldn't be an excuse. :'(

mantledarcanum
12-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I think they should wait until everything is sorted out with the Unity mess before even considering moving forward with a new project.

Journey93
12-09-2014, 10:39 PM
don't care as long as the soundtrack is not garbage like in Unity and Rogue

Shahkulu101
12-09-2014, 10:48 PM

The majority actually rather like ACIV's soundtrack - so 3 in a row I don't agree with. I think it's great and don't understand why you say it's dull, but I think AC3's is pretty generic and boring and people love it so...

Unity's was pretty lifeless, but I liked some of the stuff in Rogue. The Morrigan and The Guardian in particular.

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 11:01 PM
I think they should wait until everything is sorted out with the Unity mess before even considering moving forward with a new project.

They never really move forward to a new project. They usually have multiple teams working on Assassin's Creed games years before they come out. For example, most of AC4's team didn't work on AC Unity, and AC Unity's team won't be working on Victory

ze_topazio
12-10-2014, 12:23 AM
John Williams and Nobuo Uematsu.

JustPlainQuirky
12-10-2014, 12:27 AM
The majority actually rather like ACIV's soundtrack - so 3 in a row I don't agree with. I think it's great and don't understand why you say it's dull, but I think AC3's is pretty generic and boring and people love it so...

Unity's was pretty lifeless, but I liked some of the stuff in Rogue. The Morrigan and The Guardian in particular.

ACIV music at least had a sense of identity.

I meant to say 2, sorry.

GoldenBoy9999
12-10-2014, 12:54 AM
I'm with Mayrice, it doesn't matter to me as long as it's good. Freedom Cry has my favorite soundtrack mainly because it introduced me to some cool new music. I do like soundtracks in general though.

And about Rogue, I didn't like the soundtrack either. I don't really see how Ezio's family fit Rogue at all. It seemed out of place. I actually didn't notice the soundtrack much besides the main theme. Ezio's family could've been alright if the situation was different. It's pretty much AC's theme song but the ironic thing is that Rogue is a Templar game. :rolleyes:

#SecretTemplarTalk

mantledarcanum
12-10-2014, 02:41 AM
They never really move forward to a new project. They usually have multiple teams working on Assassin's Creed games years before they come out. For example, most of AC4's team didn't work on AC Unity, and AC Unity's team won't be working on Victory

That's quite obvious, but if they were smart, they would delay it all until fixing the majority of the issues in Unity first. I would much rather have quality over quantity in a yearly title.

rrebe
12-10-2014, 02:55 AM
All those composers are great and talented, but I'd like to have someone completely new for the soundtrack.

MagsOwns4Life
12-10-2014, 03:11 AM
I loved Assassin's Creed Rogue's soundtrack, maybe because of the setting, which felt exhaustive in the best way possible (as in, it tested the travelers' will of survival), so I might have related that to the original score. It gives me a sense of danger, mystery and apprehension, much like Acre in Assassin's Creed. "David and Goliath", "A Boy Becomes a Man", "Cutlass" and "The Hunter" are amazing songs. I vote for Elitsa Alexandrova.

itsamea-mario
12-10-2014, 03:36 AM
Viveldi.

CoachAssassin
12-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Honestly, you can't just pick someone who did good on a certain game to pick another one. The guy from Far Cry did great on AC IV because the ambient state of the game is kind of similar. Lorn Balfe is basically the guy who does movie like music, and jesper kyd did good on the whole Renaissance feel. Whoever does it should have knowledge of the time and its ambient feel, causing music to match. Work in the other parts = easy.

pirate1802
12-10-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised by how good Rogue's soundtrack turned out to be. You have a bow from me, ma'am.

RinoTheBouncer
12-10-2014, 02:54 PM
How about Lana Del Rey? she'd make a song called "Assassins & Templars":

"In the land of Assassins and Templars, I was an angel living in the garden of evil. Screwed up, scared, doing everything that I needed, shining like a fiery beacon. You've got that medicine I need. Fame liquor love, give it to me slowly. Put your hands on my waist, do it softly. Me and Juno, we don't get along, so now I sing. No one's gonna take my soul away. I'm living like Ezio Auditore, headed towards a ****ed up revolution"

:p

On a serious note, the real song by Lana is called "Gods and Monsters" and to be perfectly honest, the name kinda suits the Templars and the Assassins. Who are the Gods? and who are the Monsters? that's the question.

I wonder what it would be like to have an actual song, not a score, but a theme song for AC. I think if they do it well, it could be epic. They can choose a big singer and the song could go to charts and affect the reputation of the games. For example, Paul McCartney made a song for Destiny game. I'd like to see something similar in the AC universe.

Namikaze_17
12-11-2014, 05:53 PM
Fan-made, but I'd like if the Main theme was something like this: http://youtu.be/nzmUj8A9jCY