PDA

View Full Version : Black Flag on Steam, DLC's on Uplay

F0rfrey
12-09-2014, 05:56 PM
Hello there.
I've got a little problem. I've got ACIV Black Flag Deluxe Edition on Steam (game's linked to my Uplay tho). But, also have won some of different DLC keys for it, which are Uplay keys. As I understand, I can't install those then, right? As long as I don't have the Uplay version of the game?

Thanks in advance.

NightmareGK13
12-09-2014, 06:41 PM
I had the same questions since I got ACU physical and wanted the season pass on steam, but my reply is that, if you have the game on steam, then the dlc has to be on steam, if you have it physical then it must be on uplay

Anykeyer
12-09-2014, 06:51 PM
This depends on DLC itself.
If it requires separate download then entering Uplay cdkey if you own Steam version is a waste. But some DLCs are just unlockables, those will work.
In AC4 case the only real DLC is Freedom Cry. everything else would work.
In ACU case the only real DLC is Dead Kings (which is free anyway).

I had the same questions since I got ACU physical and wanted the season pass on steam, but my reply is that, if you have the game on steam, then the dlc has to be on steam, if you have it physical then it must be on uplay
Thats a different case actually. Steam wont let you redeem/buy any content for games you dont own on Steam itself. In your case you should only buy uplay cdkey.

F0rfrey
12-09-2014, 08:04 PM
Thank you both for your contribution to the topic. Right now I'm re-downloading Black Flag on steam, we'll see what it'll do. Let ya know how it went with those DLC's.

PS. The ones I've got are: Resources and Technology packs, Blackbeard's Wrath and Rogue Guild.

F0rfrey
12-09-2014, 09:34 PM
Unfortunately, 2 of the DLC's have been marked as unavaible, because they're not installed. I wasn't informed which ones, but I believe those were Blackbeard's Wrath and Guild of the Rogues, since Thechnology and Resources packs are time savers and they don't need to download anything. Can't check it tho, cuz I've lost my save during whole operation of reinstalling :( Kinda sad about losing 50h of gameplay, but gonna restart it. This game is worth it, most definetely.
Again, thanks for contribution guys.

Anykeyer
12-10-2014, 09:38 AM
MP characters packs should be installed for everyone in base files (bc else you wouldnt see other players using them). They both came with patches.