PDA

View Full Version : logitech gamepad just not recognized

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 07:19 AM
i've reinstalled the drivers, used the profilers, tried to manually set things under gamepad, but basically nothing works.

the game just doesn't seem to believe that any gamepad exists on my machine. I notice some other people have had the same problem

has, in fact, anyone gotten a logitech gamepad to work? this game will suck if I can't get a gamepad to work at all.

Windows XP
radeon 8500, 1.5 gig athlon XP, abit kt7a
Logitech wingman rumblepad

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 07:19 AM
i've reinstalled the drivers, used the profilers, tried to manually set things under gamepad, but basically nothing works.

the game just doesn't seem to believe that any gamepad exists on my machine. I notice some other people have had the same problem

has, in fact, anyone gotten a logitech gamepad to work? this game will suck if I can't get a gamepad to work at all.

Windows XP
radeon 8500, 1.5 gig athlon XP, abit kt7a
Logitech wingman rumblepad

XyZspineZyX
12-11-2003, 08:16 AM
ya tell me about it... I don't have a logitech pad, but I have a USB gamepad that POP doesn't recognize either. DirectX recognizes it, why don't the game? It's very annoying. Playing the game on the keyboard is not fun at all.

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 12:20 AM
I have the Logitech Dual-Action gamepad. Latest drivers.
POP still doesn't see the gamepad.
Irritating. I'm going to put the game up until they come up with a fix or sell it.

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 07:43 AM
ok, got it working. (latest drivers, win xp)

had to put the slider in the middle position.

it still wouldn't recognise it, or allow me to manually set buttons under "gamepad"

but it would let me set them under "keyboard"! after double ckicking the box w/ a mouse.

Then, the next time i went into the game, it still didn't recognize that i had a gamepad, but it allowed me to set the buttons under "gamepad", however it insisted(as it had before) that I use the d-pad, and not the left analog stick, to move. A bit of a pain.

Then, the next time I went in, it still had the gamepad settings, except that the left analog stick had magically supplanted the d-pad. O_o

So it all works now. just no walk button: ya gotta use the stick right (which is tricky, and poorly sensitive, but not god-awful).

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Message Edited on 12/12/0306:45AM by archaeolept

XyZspineZyX
12-16-2003, 03:56 AM
ya, no thanks to ubisoft tech support...