PDA

View Full Version : Need controls related help aka stupid question (XBone)

Clerk57
12-09-2014, 04:58 AM
So as an AC vet, I have issues with some of the control changes, but this particular one is just killing me.

I'm attempting to complete the final Armor Room challenge, which involves climbing across 'vents' on a wall and dodging the steam that shoots out and knocks you off. For some reason I cannot seem to figure out how to just to a lower vent then the one I'm on. Jumping to higher ones works fine, but for some reasons I can'y get him to jump to any vents lower then the one I'm on.

I've checked both the E-Manual, and Tutorials and find NO information on climbing controls, and my controller is not broken. I've gotten through most of the game, but for some reason this simple control will not work.

Any help would be appreciated

ID-entity
12-09-2014, 05:06 AM
So as an AC vet, I have issues with some of the control changes, but this particular one is just killing me.

I'm attempting to complete the final Armor Room challenge, which involves climbing across 'vents' on a wall and dodging the steam that shoots out and knocks you off. For some reason I cannot seem to figure out how to just to a lower vent then the one I'm on. Jumping to higher ones works fine, but for some reasons I can'y get him to jump to any vents lower then the one I'm on.

I've checked both the E-Manual, and Tutorials and find NO information on climbing controls, and my controller is not broken. I've gotten through most of the game, but for some reason this simple control will not work.

Any help would be appreciated

Try tapping the left analog to the direction you want it to go ( sometimes it takes a couple. ) or even plainly press the O(PS)/B(Xbox) button ( tap of course. ) Good luck and hope this helped!

Clerk57
12-09-2014, 08:39 AM
The tapping does work for jumping to vents that are even with or higher to the one I'm on, but can't seem to get me to the lower ones. And if i even brush B he drops off completely Its amazing how frustration this is. With the old controls I could do this in seconds, now I can't even complete a simple movement. Ugh.

Thanks for the try though man.

ID-entity
12-09-2014, 06:29 PM
The tapping does work for jumping to vents that are even with or higher to the one I'm on, but can't seem to get me to the lower ones. And if i even brush B he drops off completely Its amazing how frustration this is. With the old controls I could do this in seconds, now I can't even complete a simple movement. Ugh.

Thanks for the try though man.

That's annoying isn't it? Agree, the new controls are complex which is good for a change tho I like the simplicity of the previous titles. Were you pressing and holding the "high profile" trigger? I'll be dumbfounded if that's not the case.

Clerk57
12-10-2014, 10:38 AM
That's annoying isn't it? Agree, the new controls are complex which is good for a change tho I like the simplicity of the previous titles. Were you pressing and holding the "high profile" trigger? I'll be dumbfounded if that's not the case.

No, I wasn't holding anything. And I do agree that I don't mind most of the new controls, but Ubi saying the controls made it too easy before is a cop out IMO. The hard part of AC was never about climbing simple buildings, or fighting a guard or two, it was stealth, and fighting massive groups of varying enemies. Thats what AC was about to me. And I hate the fact you can't hide bodies anymore, thats just nonsense.

I can't find controls for 'climbing' listed anywhere, google searches turn up nothing, I guess I'm going to have to contact Ubi's Tech support. I don't know what else to do at this point.

:mad:

Clerk57
12-17-2014, 12:45 AM
So I finally called tech support about another issue, and asked about this control issue I'm having. I was told by tech support that "tech support can not help you with gameplay related issues", and suggested I Google and look to the Forums for an answer. Unreal. What kind of company is this? No one can give me a simple controls answer? ********.

GolfPro72
12-17-2014, 10:04 AM
I had very similar issues to yours, and I found that the tapping worked, but I also noticed that I had to make sure that I was tapping diagonally as opposed to up or down or sideways. I know that sounds rudimentary, and I thought I'd been doing that all along, but when I paid close attention to it, I was able to get through it after several attempts. I didn't have to use any buttons (except in the areas that required the wall eject), and it's frustrating to be sure.

Clerk57
01-10-2015, 05:06 AM
After dropping the game for a few months out of shear frustration, I picked it up and immediately tried the 3rd room again. Did it on my second try in about 10 seconds. Not sure what they did, but it was much easier. It was like I had to hold down on the left thumbstick first to jump to a lower vent,, and then slide it in the direction I wanted to jump. Same for jumping to higher one, hold up then slide to the correct direction.