PDA

View Full Version : Inovations in AC : Victory

Goxxi
12-09-2014, 01:15 AM
Well as how he know the 19. cenury and Victorian era were an age of great scientific discoveries which shaped the way of our lifes untill today.
So I think that provide the great opportunity for some real innovations in gameplay and in series in general, so i Think this sequel could offer something really revolutionary.

There are really alot of innovations from that period which were revolutionary and changed our world , for example for the 1st time in the series we will see a something which is close to the modern city in today's sense , city with a paved roads , wide streets and bulevards , street lights , organized public transportation , metro......etc , but there are many other important inventions of that period which we are going to see for the 1st time in the series like :

Electrical power

light bulb

telephone

telegraph

antiseptics

pneumatic tires

bicycle

internal combustion engine

steamboat

automobile (car)

elevator

photography

film

mail stamps

..................etc

Also that was a period of some revolutionary ideas in social and cultural sense and that period was a dawn of some new ideologies , for example like the birth of leftist ideas and ideas about social justice and equality, classless society..............that was an age of Kark Marl and Fridrich Engels , also Mickael Bakunin , the "father" of anarchism also belonged to that period.

So then we have a Charles Darwin and his theory of evolution , also that theory perfectly served to the 1st theorrists of darkly and destructive ideas , like idea of supermacy of one group of people above others and that was a fertile ground for some destructive ideas and quasi scieces like eugenics..........etc

So on some way in political sense maybe we could say that period was a beggining of partition on leftists and rightist as how we know them untill today (especially in 20. century)

Also that period was a dawn of another social phenomenon which got a mythological proportions in meanwhile and that is a sport.
For example 1st international football game ever player , the match beetwen England and Scotland played in 1872 , also some other sports have started to getting popularity in England like tennis, boxing.............etc .

So I think it has alot of potencial for a great game and great story and also it's a great chellange to developers of the game.

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 02:17 AM
Replace horses with bicycles? I'm in! :P
(Especially if they're the ridiculous-looking Penny-farthings!)

Rafe Harwood
12-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Replace horses with bicycles? I'm in! :P
(Especially if they're the ridiculous-looking Penny-farthings!)

There should be an achievement/trophy for managing to ride one of those things for more than two feet!

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 03:02 AM
There should be an achievement/trophy for managing to ride one of those things for more than two feet!

Haha, agreed. On the plus side, you could probably manage an air assassination from one!

Altair1789
12-09-2014, 03:33 AM
As long as we return to a much earlier year right after this game, I'd be fine with any technology in this game, it would be interesting. I just don't want Assassin's Creed to make 5 games in this era like they did with the 18th century

JustPlainQuirky
12-09-2014, 03:34 AM
lol I'm just imagining an assassin riding a bicycle.

Ry_mann88
12-09-2014, 08:37 AM
The huge leaps in technology from the Victorian era is exactly what has me excited for Victory.

Plus, if I remember correctly, wasn't the Victorian Era where modern CSI (Crime Scene Investigation) got it's roots? Could move Murder Mysteries to a whole new level.