PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity - the leap of faith is broken

Jackdaw951
12-09-2014, 12:05 AM
I wasn't sure about this, until today. While missing many more haystacks than in previous games, there was always the possibility that I didn't aim well enough. Today's incident dispelled that notion. Intending a LOF, Arno instead leaped, feet first, directly over the haystack cart, to his death about 8 feet beyond it.

So, it's official. It's not me sucking. It's the game sucking. [Edit: NO IT ISN'T. IT'S ME SUCKING. The leap of faith works fine. I was using the wrong button.]

Bashilir
12-09-2014, 12:58 AM
I wasn't sure about this, until today. While missing many more haystacks than in previous games, there was always the possibility that I didn't aim well enough. Today's incident dispelled that notion. Intending a LOF, Arno instead leaped, feet first, directly over the haystack cart, to his death about 8 feet beyond it.

So, it's official. It's not me sucking. It's the game sucking.

Sorry to hear you're having problems, man. I haven't had any problems with it.

D.I.D.
12-09-2014, 03:36 AM
Are you sure you didn't double tap A? A + A overrides Arno's unwillingness to jump off high roofs, and if you use it near a LOF leap-off point then you will do a normal jump and overshoot.

cawatrooper9
12-09-2014, 03:46 AM
Well, I guess it truly is a leap of faith now :P

HypeR.tgL
12-09-2014, 08:58 AM
Leap of Faith is performed by using your directional stick and whatever controlled descent is for you.

FatiguedEnigma
12-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Never happened to me; Maybe you pressed Jump And he just jumps ..

When arno stops that means he wont auto jump unless you force him to..

Aphex_Tim
12-09-2014, 03:08 PM
Leap of Faith ain't broken. You should just pay attention to the tutorials as it clearly states you have to jump with the controlled descent button this time; not the climb/jump button.
Also, Arno will only jump to his doom if you tap the jump button.

SlyTrooper
12-09-2014, 05:35 PM
Never had a problem with it. It's obvious you double tapped A.

Jackdaw951
12-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Leap of Faith ain't broken. You should just pay attention to the tutorials as it clearly states you have to jump with the controlled descent button this time; not the climb/jump button.

http://picardfacepalm.com/picard-facepalm.jpg

Not wanting to make a fool out of myself, I waited so long to speak up about this. I thought I covered all the possibilities. And here I went and made a fool of me anyway!

Thanks, guys. Sorry for the confusion.

Aphex_Tim
12-09-2014, 07:46 PM
Don't worry 'bout it ;)
And forgive me if I come off as harsh; I'm just being kind of an ***hole lately.. Not sure how noticeable that is on the forums.

bitebug2003
12-09-2014, 08:07 PM

So, it's official. It's not me sucking. It's the game sucking. [Edit: NO IT ISN'T. IT'S ME SUCKING. The leap of faith works fine. I was using the wrong button.]

That's happened to me too MANY times at the beginning - it's a learning curve :S

Jackdaw951
12-09-2014, 08:24 PM
Don't worry 'bout it ;)
And forgive me if I come off as harsh; I'm just being kind of an ***hole lately.. Not sure how noticeable that is on the forums.

Oh, no, no. Your post was the most helpful. That's why I quoted it. The embarrassment I deserve. It wasn't your doing. ;)

D.I.D.
12-09-2014, 08:35 PM
http://picardfacepalm.com/picard-facepalm.jpg

Not wanting to make a fool out of myself, I waited so long to speak up about this. I thought I covered all the possibilities. And here I went and made a fool of me anyway!

Thanks, guys. Sorry for the confusion.

If it's any comfort, either can work, so it's a bit confusing. I wish it was strictly RT + A, to be honest. Using RT + B is an irritation now, because that's also the combination to slip off the side of a roof and start climbing its walls. I've gone into haystacks too many times when all I wanted to do was go down the wall so I could enter the building through the window.

cryo_burned
12-09-2014, 10:06 PM

Except if you use the controlled decent button, you'll just synchronize the viewpoint again and again. The jump button still works for the leap of faith, but you can't double tap it