PDA

View Full Version : A question and suggestion (rhyme!!!)

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 11:51 PM
OK, question:

I have asked a million times, but it never works when I am told what to do. How do you get a glider to STAY WITH the tow plane? When it takes off the glider always goes high, then is yanked down and the cable releases itself. Bang, no more than 100 feet from the runway.

And, what's a good movie editing program? Fraps is good for capturing, but what about Editing? Windows Movie Maker 2.0?

Now, a suggestion. If you like mass bombing raids, then take whatever bombers you'd like in FMB, put four squadrons of 4 bombers, and put them in a small diamond formation. Let's say, alt. is 500 m. Make the lead 500 m, the left 505 m, the back 510 m, and the right 495 m. Nice bombing raid! Make sure they stay facing the same direction always, or you risk an MAC or two (Mid Air Collision)!

I made four flights of four Li-2s with paratroopers and a static camera and dropped all the paratroopers over a small town for a "Band of Brothers" Airborne effect. It's a good idea for a movie.

----------------------------------------
"When you hit hell, tell 'em I sent ya!"

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 11:51 PM
OK, question:

I have asked a million times, but it never works when I am told what to do. How do you get a glider to STAY WITH the tow plane? When it takes off the glider always goes high, then is yanked down and the cable releases itself. Bang, no more than 100 feet from the runway.

And, what's a good movie editing program? Fraps is good for capturing, but what about Editing? Windows Movie Maker 2.0?

Now, a suggestion. If you like mass bombing raids, then take whatever bombers you'd like in FMB, put four squadrons of 4 bombers, and put them in a small diamond formation. Let's say, alt. is 500 m. Make the lead 500 m, the left 505 m, the back 510 m, and the right 495 m. Nice bombing raid! Make sure they stay facing the same direction always, or you risk an MAC or two (Mid Air Collision)!

I made four flights of four Li-2s with paratroopers and a static camera and dropped all the paratroopers over a small town for a "Band of Brothers" Airborne effect. It's a good idea for a movie.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:02 AM
*Speaks for everyone here*

"Oh, wow GODSOCK! That's too cool! You're the man, and I want to cater to your every whim!"

Yes, i do have this much time on my hands.

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 06:41 AM
OK GODSOCK, I'll respond.

Sounds like a great movie idea!

Some of the best movies I've seen posted here were apparently made with Movie Maker. All seemed to be of good quality as long as the "frameographer" (what elese would you call a person who made movies from PC video games?) used fairly high game settings to record.

Make the movie dude! I'll watch it.

<center> Beebop-ProudBirds-VFW

http://www.escadrila54.com/logo_sm.jpg

<center> The ProudBirds Fly High and Proud

Bearcat101
09-01-2003, 08:37 AM
Sounds go enough Godsock, but I got a question. How do you make static cameras?

"-When in doubt, empty your magazine.
-Never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you are.
-Never forget that your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
-If your attack is going really well, it's an ambush.
-No plan survives the first contact intact.
-All 5 second grenade fuses burn down in 3 seconds." Excerpt from Murphy's Laws

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 03:05 PM
I heard Adobe Premiere is a good editing program for movies.

Beta tester for;
C&C Generals,Independance War 2, Starfleet Command 2,Settlers IV, Tzar, Allegiance, Starfleet Command,MAX 2, Defiance

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 04:09 PM
I'd love to make a movie, but two problems;

1.) I have no movie-making experience (well, once when i was 10 i tried to re-create a James Bond movie with my friends)

2.) My gaming computer is, at the moment, offline. Because I'm putting in a new floor, so my gaming comp was moved. Therefore, i cannot download Fraps or Windows Movie Maker or whatever editor.

And, you make static cameras in FMB by going to Objects, then scrolling down to the very bottom of the list (of everything, not the aircraft). You can set the height, too. To access a static camera in-game, hit Ctrl-F2 or whatever button isthe View Enemy button.