PDA

View Full Version : Anybody Else Miss The Cinematic Trailers?

FatiguedEnigma
12-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Not Gonna Lie, Connor's Trailer Was My Favourite!!
But That Game Didn't actually have it in the game:(
I'd always wait at the main menu, just to watch them. Especially AC2 That Was Amazing..
After Watching them, i'd always wonder. why don;t Ubisoft just make a movie, with the Cinematics ? I Mean them graphics are Amazing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32U_KOUuQ74:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what do you guys/girls think

Anykeyer
12-08-2014, 02:30 PM
Both AC4 and Unity have cinematic trailers.

FatiguedEnigma
12-08-2014, 03:37 PM
Yeah but, they added heaps .. how can you tell

marvelfannumber
12-08-2014, 03:44 PM
I could care less about them being in the game. I mean I do have a computer right next to my TV anyways, so whatever.

Xstantin
12-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Couldn't care less. I saved gamersyde ones anyway.

cawatrooper9
12-08-2014, 05:46 PM
I mean, I guess Rogue didn't technically have one (there was that announcement trailer and the storyline one, but that's pretty much it)- but Unity definitely did. I'm sure Victory will, too. Rogue was the exception, not the rule (and for good reason, since it was the second AC title being released that very day).

RzaRecta357
12-08-2014, 05:52 PM
Personally love the Arno and Elise one.

RinoTheBouncer
12-08-2014, 05:59 PM
I ADORE THEM. AC:R had an epic one. AC:U with Lorde’s cover of Everybody Wants to Rule the World was amazing. Every single one was amazing. I really, REALLY wish we get a movie like that for AC.

VestigialLlama4
12-08-2014, 06:20 PM
Not Gonna Lie, Connor's Trailer Was My Favourite!!
But That Game Didn't actually have it in the game:(
I'd always wait at the main menu, just to watch them. Especially AC2 That Was Amazing..
After Watching them, i'd always wonder. why don;t Ubisoft just make a movie, with the Cinematics ? I Mean them graphics are Amazing..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32U_KOUuQ74:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what do you guys/girls think

The only one I really liked was the AC3 one, I didn't care for the Black Flag one(I liked the Story Trailer with in-game footage better). The AC3 one represented the entire game and captured it, the music was awesome and the Bunker Hill Mission is actually in the game though heavily modified, but it plays similar to it.

The Unity ones are tarnished by the game since it ended up being much less than what was promised. When I see a Boy Assassin and a Girl Templar back to back, I thought okay Assassins and Templars finally fight for something bigger than either of them...insteads, its Boy meets Girl and Both of them Against Even Worse Templars.

AC2 had a great one as well...the Carnivale Reveal with the Hidden Gun. But then I came late for that and played the game before seeing it.

Xstantin
12-08-2014, 07:09 PM
^Here you go again with your campaign against Unity. ACIII might be somewhat similar, the rest not so much

MakimotoJin
12-08-2014, 07:18 PM
I sure love what Digic Pictures does.Too bad they didn't work on Rogue's trailer.I could've been awesome.
I just don't get what you mean by "miss".There are CG everywhere.Unity had 3,1 of which was a TV spot.

Xstantin
12-08-2014, 07:21 PM
^I think he wants it to play in game like the older titles when you don't go to the selection screen immediately.

MakimotoJin
12-08-2014, 07:29 PM
^I think he wants it to play in game like the older titles when you don't go to the selection screen immediately.

Wait,that happens?
Lemme check it.......
Yup.That happens.Cool.

DeanOMiite
12-08-2014, 08:25 PM
The only one I really liked was the AC3 one, I didn't care for the Black Flag one(I liked the Story Trailer with in-game footage better).

The AC3 trailers were incredible, but I agree that the Black Flag ones weren't great...at least the one with Blackbeard talking about Kenway in the bar. The AC3 ones seemed to make sense with the game, they showed Washington, they showed some of Connor's abilities, etc. The Black Flag one though...Blackbeard seemed scared of Kenway, which he clearly wasn't in the game, and he also said "Don't meddle in his private affairs, because there's more to that man than I dare ask." And I mean...I actually THOROUGHLY enjoyed Black Flag and Edward Kenway was a fun enough character to play, but he was FARRR from an enigmatic menace like the trailer depicted. If anything, he was incredibly transparent, almost clumsily so. He never really talked about his life back in England but he didn't seem terribly sensitive to it during the game either, until the very very end I guess. So...I dunno, it just didn't make a ton of sense to me is all.

On topic though...the trailers are generally pretty awesome, but I couldn't care less about the fact that they are not on the disc. As the games get bigger I'd rather that space be saved for game-content, and I can just watch on my computer anyway.

GoldenBoy9999
12-08-2014, 08:46 PM
I love these. The ACU one with Lorde is my favorite. I'm not worried though as I'm sure Victory will get one. I can't wait for it because I'm sure it'll show off London greatly.

Namikaze_17
12-08-2014, 09:18 PM
I love these. The ACU one with Lorde is my favorite. I'm not worried though as I'm sure Victory will get one. I can't wait for it because I'm sure it'll show off London greatly.

Dude! I'm just getting excited thinking about it. ^^

GunnerGalactico
12-08-2014, 09:21 PM
I really like cinematic trailers, especially the E3 ones. It shows the setting the game is based in and gives you an idea as to what type of character you will be playing as. AC2, Revelations and AC3 are my favourite trailers by far.