PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed and how I believe it can get even better.

FreedomGod512
12-08-2014, 04:51 AM
Dear, Ubisoft and Assassin's Creed fans everywhere.
This is the first time I've actually been on one of these forums and created a thread. I guess I'll just start off by saying that I absolutely love the Assassin's Creed franchise and only want to see it get better. After investing maybe 30-40 hours into AC: Unity thus far, I felt more prompted than ever to try to get my voice out and hopefully get Ubisoft's attention so they can hear what little me thinks they can do to keep the quality of the AC franchise up and even improve on future installments of Assassin's Creed. Here we go!

First of all, let me just say that Unity has become my third favorite AC game just behind AC2 and AC4: Black Flag.
--CUSTIMIZATION
* One of the best new additions to AC this year was the deep custimization system. My request for the next AC game would simply be...Even more custimization options! I loved being able to custimize Arno in Unity. I simply want more. Maybe instead of having color schemes to pick from, Ubisoft can give the players even more freedom by letting us choose the color of specific parts of our Assassins' attire. For instance, if I want my Assassin to have blue pants, red boots, green shirt, and a yellow hood...let me have the option to do so. Basically, I think the deep custimization system should DEFINITELY stay put in future AC games and should very much be expanded upon. It's a fantastic feature.

--What I DIDN'T like about the deep custimization system.
* I was looking forward to unlocking everything in the custimization center of AC: Unity until I saw that some of the unlockable items such as coats or hoods could only be unlocked through online gaming like "Club Competition"...and that's just not cool. You're basically forcing multiplayer on me if I want to get the most out of the single player experience, and that's really not cool in my opinion. Everything in Custimization should be unlockable through my single player experience. DON'T FORCE MULTIPLAYER ON ME. That just makes want to forget about ever unlocking those items because I refuse to play multiplayer in order to get the most out of my single player experience.

--STORY
As exciting as it is to play side quests in AC, the story should NEVER be a second thought. I'm not saying it has been recently or anything like that but I do feel like the main story in the last couple of AC games have been lacking that special something that makes it a memorable experience. I love the story in AC2. Still the best in my opinion. I thought the stories in the last two AC installments (Black Flag and Unity) were nice improvements over the stories that came before (excluding AC2 which as I said, think is the best) but still not quite at the level I know the AC team is capable of giving us. I'm waiting for that next great AC story and I know you guys can knock it out of the park.

--Having FIVE THOUSAND characters on screen at once.
Look...I appreciate the hell out the effort it takes to keep five thousand characters running on screen at once but hear me out here...it's unnecessary. Having that many characters on screen puts some serious heavy strain on gameplay and simply isnt necessary to achieve pure immersion. AC2 had to do with only 100 characters on screen at once and it was more immersive than every AC game yet in my opinion. Details in the environments and setting is where true immersion comes in. Having a lot of characters on screen doing various things certainly adds a lot to immersion but having five thousand characters on screen at the same time is just madness. You DON'T NEED five thousand characters on screen at once to create beautiful and immersive experience. Hell, three thousand should be plenty. I think the AC team should seriously consider lowering the character-on-screen count significantly if they want to future installments to be better and play better.
Like I said, I appreciate the effort but I simply don't think such strain should be put on the consoles for that feature that I feel is significanly higher than it needs to be.

--CONCLUSON
Well...I guess that's it for now. Let me just close by saying once again that I LOVE this franchise and only want to see it get better and continue to keep me wanting more. I look forward to hearing about the next installment and hope we have smoother launch because obviously this year, we started off a bit rocky with various glitches people were experiencing. Luckily, I haven't experienced anything to bad unlit recently where it froze on me twice and kept me from turning my PS4 off correctly. Nonetheless, I still love Unity and wish the AC team the best of luck with the next installment. Keep up the good and hard work, guys andIi hope we have a better launch next year. Long live Assassin's Creed!

If anyone has any other ideas on how you think the AC team can make future AC installments better, let me know. First time I've actually done one of these but I always love talking Assassin's Creed with fellow AC nerds. Until next time.

king-hailz
12-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Welcome to the forums! I agree with everything you said except Unity is not my third favorite... its lower... anyway I think they also need to seriously give us a modern day character like Desmond! Seriously I want that so bad! And please progress the story! I thought the story in unity for modern day was BS!

UbiVolfbane
12-08-2014, 09:06 PM
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I will be more than happy to pass it along to the proper teams. Should you want to add or report any more, please do so in a ticket via "my questions" here: https://support.ubi.com.

Altair1789
12-08-2014, 09:36 PM
I agree on the story, but why do you feel ACUnity's story was better than the previous AC's? In my eyes, Unity didn't contribute at all in anyway to the main story that connects all the games, while the rest of them did an excellent job of that. AC4 might not have done as much, but at least the protagonist knew what the first civilization was.

I think the only character in Unity they made interesting was Pierre Bellec