PDA

View Full Version : Which game to buy?

Zatox_X
12-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Hello all!

I remember playing the first assassin's creed many years back - and absolutely loved it.
After that I kind of quit the franchise actually, but I've decided I'm gonna try it again!

Thing is, I've been hearing bad reviews of the newest assassin's creed (unity)

So I was wondering, for a "new" player, who wants the best experience.. What version of assassin's creed should I buy?
An important part for me is the multiplayer though. I know you shouldn't buy AC for it's multiplayer aspect, but I'd prefer playing it with other people.

As I noticed, AC unity is the only version with a CO-OP aspect, correct?

Anyway, if you guys could give me any advice on this.. greatly appreciated!

YazX_
12-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Hello, yes ACU is the only AC with CO-OP but without adversarial MP, but all previous versions (Except AC1, AC2 and AC:Liberation HD) have adversarial MP , as an advice, play them in sequence because mechanics change and improve over each game and in some games story also carry over (wont spoil it for you and say which ones), the correct sequence by release dates:

AC1
AC2
AC:Brotherhood
AC:Revelations
AC3
AC4:Black Flag
AC:Liberation HD
AC:Unity

Note, since MP is an important part for you and those games are somehow old, you might have to wait quite sometime until you find a session as most MP players migrate to the next version of the game.

playlisting
12-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Hello, yes ACU is the only AC with CO-OP but without adversarial MP, but all previous versions (Except AC1, AC2 and AC:Liberation HD) have adversarial MP , as an advice, play them in sequence because mechanics change and improve over each game and in some games story also carry over (wont spoil it for you and say which ones), the correct sequence by release dates:

AC1
AC2
AC:Brotherhood
AC:Revelations
AC3
AC4:Black Flag
AC:Liberation HD
AC:Unity

Pretty much this. Play through the games in order to experience the franchise at its best. If you play the games out of order there'll be chunks of the story you don't really understand. Best next step for you would be Assassin's Creed 2. You're in for a treat :D

Lignjoslav
12-08-2014, 12:20 AM
AC2 is an excellent game and if multiplayer isn't an absolute must, go for it.

If it is a must, AC:B and onwards have MP, but last time I checked, I couldn't find a single game in Brotherhood. AC III multiplayer is still alive and that is the game that concludes the story of Desmond Miles, which started with the first AC, the one that you played. Its single player component is, however, a little rough around the edges. AC IV is a lot more polished, but the present day story is a fresh start.

Aenigmatix
12-08-2014, 12:34 AM
Agreed with the above poster.

If you can stand not having multiplayer, AC2 is by far and a way the best entry in the series. AC2 is what made the AC series break out.

strigoi1958
12-08-2014, 12:45 AM
never played MP but Revelations is incredible... AC3 is the game I use to judge all other games. AC4 Black flag is stunning and Unity has the usual teething problems but is awesome... that said it is probably best to follow the order but AC2 timed levels were frustrating for me to say the least :D