PDA

View Full Version : Unpopular Assassin's Creed Opinions

IsAZebraACat
12-07-2014, 06:53 AM
Do you guys have any opinions about the games or the series as a whole that you don't think many AC fans would agree with? I'll share some of mine and see if they really are unpopular, and you guys can feel free to post some of your own opinions in this thread.

Here are mine:

-I'm tired of the traditional hooded robe/tunic & cape assassin outfits, and I think some of them look forced and ugly. I feel more immersed in the time period and locations in the games when I'm wearing some of the special outfits that don't get the hood and robe treatment. Usually the first thing I will do in the games is get enough money to buy them or enough resources to craft them so I can ditch the robe. I would also love to have the option to wear the outfits that regular civilians wear, to blend in more.

-I wouldn't mind having AC games released even more often, if Ubisoft actually had enough resources and employees to pull it off. This is because I'm not obsessive-compulsive about owning every AC game. To me, more games means I can choose to buy only the locations and time periods I'm truly interested in playing. Also, I wouldn't be bothered if each game was it's own separate thing, without any grand, over-arching story to keep up with.

-I'm starting to dislike both the assassins and the templars (but templars are still the least-relatable of the two), and would love a game about a character who isn't either one, but is still trying to do what's right to change the world. This isn't to say I want another Edward, who generally didn't give a **** about anything other than money and pleasure. I'm talking about someone who is deeply concerned about the state of things, but doesn't align with either group's dogmatic beliefs.

-I would love a game about a character who fights to defend the public, but doesn't kill (kind of like AC's version of Batman, I guess). The game would be much more stealth-heavy, and you'd have to use all kinds of non-fatal tools and weaponry to accomplish your goals without taking any lives. I know this idea flies in the face of the entire structure and spirit of AC games, so I doubt anyone else agrees with this one.

-As beautiful as the architecture in AC games is, I love how they do natural environments as much or maybe even slightly more. I hope every future game has at least a little bit of wildlife/nature thrown in for balance. It makes the world feel more believable to me, especially when you consider how much more sparsely-populated the planet was during these timeframes (billions less humans means most of face of earth was still wild and undeveloped, even in and around cities).

-I would love the main characters to have more interaction with civilans within the actual story. I know it's more interesting to see cut scenes with historical figures, assassins, and templars, but including interaction with regular folks who don't know what's going on behind the scenes would help me personally to care more about the events that unfold. Maybe just a small cut-scene here and there showing how people's lives are improved by you expelling baddies from the region, or how their lives are made harder by your failures and poor decisions.

This is all I could think of off the top of my head, I may add more in the future. Discuss or share your own below!

MakimotoJin
12-07-2014, 06:56 AM
I would like more sequences like Brotherhood's sequence 10(the one where you have tze Apple).
Ubi,do it.For me.

Altair1789
12-07-2014, 07:09 AM
- I loved Connor
- I want modern day back
- I loved AC3's frontier
- I like Lorne Balfe more than Jesper Kyd
- I want a game so early as the first civ or the 1300's... I know those 2 time periods are very far away from each other, but I don't think many people would like these
- I want an AC1 remake (might not be a minority here)

I know there's more, I can't really think right now

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 07:11 AM
More Patience Gibbs-like Protagonists...

JustPlainQuirky
12-07-2014, 07:17 AM
already a thread like this somewhere.

anyway uhhhmmm

I think Shay is an amazing character. Top 3-5 interesting characters.

I think Eseosa is super interesting.

hmm....dont have many unpopular opinions.

oh I think the AC2 soundtrack is relatively mediocre.

VestigialLlama4
12-07-2014, 07:42 AM
Okay mine are:

1) I think Haytham is a pretty boring character. Interesting only as a plot twist and novelty and that a lot of the stuff people project onto him are based more on their fantasies (undoubtedly benefitting from being a White Player Character in a game with prominent non-white characters) than anything in the character as originally written. If he had come after AC1, nobody would take him to be this enlightened Templar, but he came after the Ezio games where a Templar who you wouldn't be embarassed to be hanging out with felt revolutionary.

2) AC3 was a great game and Connor is the most interesting of the AC heroes, the only one who comes of as a real person rather than an Assassin superhero. The Homestead Missions are the best side missions in that its the only time Assassins genuinely help people for real rather than doing it because they want to clear the Templars out from a city. The Homestead string theme by Lorne Balfe is the best music in the franchise. The Battle of Chesapeake Bay is the greatest Naval Mission and the boss fight with King Washington in the DLC is one of the greatest moments in the series.

3) BROTHERHOOD is a failure as a game. A story that should have been a DLC to AC2, stretched out for no reason than a cashcow, that only works because it has side missions and DLC (Da Vinci and Copernicus) that is more interesting and entertaining than the main story.

4) REVELATIONS has some of the richest and most unique storytelling in the series, Istanbul is the greatest city and Clay Kaczmarek is a better database writer than Shaun Hastings(despite being a digital personality and dead for several years).

5) Assassin's Creed should try and experiment with more historical characters and move to playable figures, like the Mary Read DLC that Darby McDevitt stated they had discussed during production. UNITY can be redeeemed if they announce playable Napoleon(just track down his descendants from his illegitimate children and they'll be fine).

6) The Annual Release is not the real problem of the Franchise and Until Unity and Rogue, they did not put out a bad or mediocre game in the market.

7) The Modern Day is best kept as background/side/optional content and the series should be content to be strictly historical.

8) Most hypocritical perhaps but to Ubisoft, Assassin's Creed is under no obligation to tell the history of the world, make a game entirely about a period that interests your developers and writers. If they are interested in the history and period, it will be historically accurate just like the Renaissance and Pirate Age were, if they are not interested than the product will suffer as a whole. Don't satisfy fan demands if you, the people who make the game and understand the product better than we do, don't see the potential. Don't go to feudal Japan et al, if you have no interest in the period. Stick to your guts and bring back Patrice Desilets and let him make his game and as Pierre Bellec(the only cool Assassin in UNITY) says, "let dogs and cats reconcile in heaven".

Matt.mc
12-07-2014, 07:46 AM
Modern day! Like it was pre Black Flag

Xstantin
12-07-2014, 07:49 AM
- I don't think killing major historical figures is necessary as long as the assassin doesn't end up going solely after some made up targets like MP characters (I liked how Unity had a Grandmaster who was someone a regular person would never suggest to use as one if real life history is concerned)
- The white and red color scheme is not something I'll miss (never used it in Unity, nice to have it for those who want it though)
- Having customization I can live without legacy outfits, especially if they have some transmedia/connectivity lock
- Another thing concerning outfits - I'm perfectly happy with simple uniform look even if it's plain and doesn't look "Brotherhood Ezio cool"
- ACIII's Boston was an awesome map

Matt.mc
12-07-2014, 07:51 AM
^ I never use White/Red in Unity because it doesn't look right, they screwed with the saturation on those outfits big time

Xstantin
12-07-2014, 07:53 AM
^ I never use White/Red in Unity because it doesn't look right, they screwed with the saturation on those outfits big time

So I'm not the only one who noticed :) same goes for Connor's outfit blue

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 07:59 AM
- "Charismatic Casanova" protagonists are boring

-Revelations Ezio is Ezio's best

- Connor > Ezio ( Just poking fun) :rolleyes:

- AC4 is not Pirates Creed

- Ezio is not the only good protagonist

- The series has not gone downhill after AC2

- Modern-ish settings can work

Just a few off my head... ^^

Derp43
12-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Elise is a better character than Arno.

king-hailz
12-07-2014, 09:06 AM
-I want the modern day back with a main character like Desmond!
-I want the templars seen as evil and not too nice.....
-I think Arnos original outfit Edwards outfit and Shays outfit are really ugly!!! I think they need a new character designer!
-I want one game every 2-3 years...
-I want loads more of the ancient civilization stuff!
-I want them to show historical figures as bad people like they did with George Washington in TOKW!
-I hate Haytham!
I think the kill animations in AC4-ACU are not very good... They look floppy and sloppy... lol.
-um... I don't know if this is one but I think Al Mualim was the best villain and had the best boss fight!
-AC4 is actually one of the most assassiny games in the series!
-Shay is stupid!

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 09:26 AM
-I haven't found Unity that glitchy at all.

-Arno is a great character.

-Modern-ish settings are great, can work fine, and I want one more after Victory.

-I like modern settings over ancient settings.

-Unity is a great game.

-Ezio's best outfits are in ACR.

-I can agree with the Templars' motives a lot of times or at least see what they're going for.

-AC1 is pretty boring.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 09:43 AM
-Brotherhood is the worst AC
- Liberation is the best AC
- Templars > Assassins
- Happy endings can not be cliche ( as said from Rino)
- Japan is the worst setting for AC to go
- AC1 > AC2
- Jesper Kyd shouldn't be the only composer (even though I like him)
- Rural areas > Urban areas
- AC is not turning into COD
- Modern-ish settings aren't gonna make AC into COD
- Desmond is a good character
- AC3's ending wasn't half bad
- AC4 > AC2
- MD is good
- Initiates is good
- Revelations is the best in the Ezio trilogy
- Kenway Saga > Ezio Trilogy ( it's unpopular in some places)

Sabutto
12-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Do you guys have any opinions about the games or the series as a whole that you don't think many AC fans would agree with? I'll share some of mine and see if they really are unpopular, and you guys can feel free to post some of your own opinions in this thread.

Here are mine:

-I'm starting to dislike both the assassins and the templars (but templars are still the least-relatable of the two), and would love a game about a character who isn't either one, but is still trying to do what's right to change the world. This isn't to say I want another Edward, who generally didn't give a **** about anything other than money and pleasure. I'm talking about someone who is deeply concerned about the state of things, but doesn't align with either group's dogmatic beliefs.

I 110% agree with this idea it would nice af. Playing the guy on his own missions ubi would even be able to get creative with such a Protagonist as well, they'd be able to do like farcry4 give us the option on who to help either the assassins or templars and have the choices we make affect the world. Example"helping the templars u can see how the world starts to change and how it would be if the templars actually won :p show the pros and cons. Same for helping the assassins. It would actually make an AC game re-playable for once. :o:o

Edward would have been the perfect candidate for this in his story, after he had reached clarity of course, Opportunity missed whelp.

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 09:56 AM
-AC1 is the worst AC.
-Egypt would be the worst AC setting.
-I love tree climbing and the forests of AC3, AC4, and Rogue better than the urban areas of the previous games.
-ACU was fine without ambient music.
-I want MD to stay but it's bad in its current state. (Unity)
-NA Saga> Ezio Trilogy
-Templar Ideals> Assassin Ideals
-I loved AC3.
-I didn't find that many glitches in AC3 either.

Sabutto
12-07-2014, 10:01 AM
I 110% agree with this idea it would nice af. Playing the guy on his own missions ubi would even be able to get creative with such a Protagonist as well, they'd be able to do like farcry4 give us the option on who to help either the assassins or templars and have the choices we make affect the world. Example"helping the templars u can see how the world starts to change and how it would be if the templars actually won :p show the pros and cons. Same for helping the assassins. It would actually make an AC game re-playable for once. :o:o

Edward would have been the perfect candidate for this in his story, after he had reached clarity of course, Opportunity missed whelp.
anyone else have thoughts on an idea like this for future games? do you guys think it would help further the AC games and make it fresh again? any thoughts people? Dont post the normal blah blah try add a discussion. ;)

SixKeys
12-07-2014, 10:04 AM
-I want them to ditch the hood already. The closer we get to modern times, the more out-of-place it looks.

-I prefer simplistic stories and characters - like ACB and Unity - to complex ones. Makes them more memorable and easier to keep track of what's going on. I have a short attention span. The more nuanced and complex the story (like AC3 and AC4), the more playthroughs it takes me to understand the story completely.

-AC2 is a good game, but overrated.

-Liberation is a better game than AC3.

-Unity is a fantastic game held back by terrible marketing decisions (Initiates, companion app and the decision to release the game too early).

-I despair when I see people crying out for a return to the "glory days" before Unity: to easy-as-hell combat, lifeless crowds, overpowered protagonist and unsatisfying stealth. I despair even more when some people flat-out admit they want AC to be more action-oriented.

-I really hate Shaun.

-I liked Arno better than Ezio. Ezio is very overrated.

-Revelations Altar was terrible and I don't consider him canon.

-Armor of Altar really isn't as good an outfit as everyone thinks.

-They dropped the ball by not making multiplayer more connected to the single-player story. When it was introduced in ACB as a Templar training program, I was so hyped because I thought it was eventually going to play out in the final part of the Desmond "trilogy". I thought Desmond was going to get to fight all these modern day Templar agents who were experts in assassin skills because they had been trained just like him. Then they ditched the whole training program storyline and just made it a random game produced by Abstergo Entertainment for regular schmucks like us.

-I hate the Ezio/Cristina "love story" because it feels forced and creepy as hell. She started off as just a random girl Ezio had sex with in AC2, then suddenly she's the love of his life in ACB. He stalks her, acts like an overprotective, jealous boyfriend who threatens to drown her husband, abandons her and spends years flirting with other girls, then comes back and sexually assaults her in Venice. It grosses me out that so many people look at that story and think "aww, how romantic".

-What little I've heard of Otso Berg in Rogue, it annoys me that he doesn't have a proper Finnish accent.

Fatal-Feit
12-07-2014, 12:48 PM
* The Desmond Saga sucked (excluding AC:1)

* AC:2/B are the worse in the franchise

* Ezio is the worst protagonist

* Unity is the best Assassin's Creed, next to IV

* AC:IV is the truest successor we've had to AC:1

* The newer games are WAY better than the Desmond Saga. If I were to replay the saga now, it would go AC:1, AC:IV, AC:RO, and AC:U. If I'm a need for nostalgia, I'll replay AC:R and 3

* I prefer the modern day in AC:1, IV, RO, L, and U over the rest

* Edward was a true Assassin

* I like Initiates

* Juno is hott

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 12:52 PM
I agree with the points about preferring natural environments over buildings and interactive with civilians and fictional characters, more often than historical figures. I also wanna add that to me, the First Civ. and Modern Day stories are a lot more interesting than the historical ones.

GunnerGalactico
12-07-2014, 01:05 PM
- Altair and Connor are probably the 2 most interesting characters in this franchise.
- Elise is by far the best female character ever created
- AC4 is every bit an AC game like it's predecessor
- Charisma should not necessarily be a "must-have" personality trait in every character. A character can be serious too :rolleyes:
- The Frontier in AC3 is much better than the Bayou in Liberation
- AC4 was just as much about the Creed like the other AC games
- Ezio is a good character, but a little too overrated

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 01:06 PM
- Altair and Connor are probably the 2 most interesting characters in this franchise.
- Elise is by far the best female character ever created
- AC4 is every bit an AC game like it's predecessor
- Charisma should not necessarily be a "must-have" personality trait in every character. A character can be serious too :rolleyes:
- The Frontier in AC3 is much better than the Bayou in Liberation
- AC4 was just as much about the Creed like the other AC games
- Ezio is a good character, but a little too overrated

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEED with the bolded ones.

GunnerGalactico
12-07-2014, 01:08 PM
AGREEEEEEEEEEEEED with the bolded ones.

Thank you so much :)

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Juno is hott

But...But....She's so old.

Plus that pasty white skin. :rolleyes:

@Gunner

Isn't the Frontier > Bayou more on the popular side? :rolleyes:

Or am I missing something?

Agreed. ^^

SixKeys
12-07-2014, 01:10 PM
Thanks for reminding me:

-The Bayou is better than AC3's Frontier.

SixKeys
12-07-2014, 01:12 PM

The only thing that bugs me about Juno is that she has no lips.

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Thank you so much :)

You’re most welcome ;)

She looks like Cher :P

Shahkulu101
12-07-2014, 01:13 PM
- I think the inclusion of TWCB stuff ruined the overarching narrative - it so cringey that we talk to these God's across time and the POE stuff just ruins the authenticity these games bring.

- ACB is my joint favourite game in the franchise. It had a meh story but I loved Rome and the side activities so much.

- AC1 is terrible. Maybe not controversial because it's not a lot of peoples favourite, but every time I replay it I can't finish it so I think my feelings are a little stronger. One of the most boring games I've ever played.

- The MD was my favourite part of the games until ACR. They rendered it useless and it has to be dropped so they can focus fully on historical stuff.

- I quite liked the Initiates Chests thing, it was exciting opening up a chest and having you're fingers crossed that it would be Ezio's robe. Companion app can go away though.

- The frontier was one of my favourite AC locations. It's looks great and I loved the vast openness and the tree running.

marvelfannumber
12-07-2014, 01:14 PM
I said this in another thread but....I liked AC3 much more than 4, I also thought the story in 3 was way better in 4.

I also think AC1 is a pile of garbage and the only good things about it are the graphics, soundtrack and setting.

Other than that, nah I don't think I have too many other unpopular opinions.

Fatal-Feit
12-07-2014, 01:18 PM

Don't question my fetishes, mang.

GunnerGalactico
12-07-2014, 01:20 PM
Almost forgot.
- AC3 is far superior to Liberation.
- Liberation only trumps AC3 with the colourful city, ambient music and canoes. That's all

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 01:28 PM
Don't question my fetishes, mang.

Your Waifu would hate you... :rolleyes:

Thanks for reminding me:

-The Bayou is better than AC3's Frontier.

The only thing that bugs me about Juno is that she has no lips.

^ There we go. ;)

Ugh! That too. -__-

DaveyNorton
12-07-2014, 01:36 PM
- Colonial ACs, as a whole, are superior to 1/the Ezio trilogy.

- Revelations is the best game out of TET.

- ACs should never go back to clear cut good guy/bad guy type of conflict.

- We shouldn't be afraid of steering away from the traditional formula and trying something different (naval) - no need to fear more modern eras/firearms.

- I don't mind two ACs coming out in one year - as long as games themselves don't suffer from it.

- I don't want urban-only settings. There should be more emphasis on countryside and more variety in geography, if the setting allows for it (Rogue is a good example of this done right).

- I'm okay with IV-style MD. I don't think it needs to be the driving plot of the game, but rather something that essentially spews "expanded universe" info dumps.

DiamondBlade_R
12-07-2014, 01:43 PM
I've always been very vocal on these forums in expressing just how much I favoured AC1 over the later games in the series. In fact, to this day it is still my favorite game of all time. Granted, I didn't always think of it like that. I remember back in 2009, when AC2 came around, I immidiately told all my friends how much better it was than the first one. But as I progressed through AC2 and played through it more and more, I realized something was missing from it: that unique, cold atmosphere full of mystery that had such a strong presence in the first game but gradually declined as the series went on, being replaced by more tradittional, conventional action-adventure game atmosphere.

Not only that, but I also favored AC1 to its sequels gameplay wise. I mean sure, its mission structure was far too repetetive, but on the other hand, just imagine how great it would have been if only the developers had included side missions between the main missions! We would have all that great atmosphere and no issues of repetetiveness. AC1's mission structure which required you to actually study and learn about your target before you could even get around to approaching them, really made it stand out among other games for me, and it really made me feel like a methodical badass.

As I said above, as the series progressed I felt that what initally appealed to me about AC was slowly declining. By the time I finished AC3, I was so dissappointed with how the series turned out, I decided to just quit it altogether. I didn't play Black Flag, nor do I have any intention to. When Unity came around, I decided to give the series another chance as the trailers and interviews made it seem like it brought back some of the gameplay and story elements that made me like the series so much in the first place. so far, even if Unity is no AC1, I still like it quite a bit.

PedroAntonio2
12-07-2014, 02:17 PM
- Modern-Day are way more cool and important than the historical parts.
- Desmond was a great character
- I shipped Desmond and Lucy
- Connor is the best protagonist
- I want Desmond and Clay to ressurect
- I want Juno to possess a body and command an army
- I want a main character who starts as an Assassin, but they betray him, but he hates the Templars because they killed someone close to him...so he creates a third faction who hunts both Assassins and Templars.
- I want a remake version to Unity...with Robespierre as the main villain and as a fanatical Assassin. The main character starts an an anarchist killing all nobles in front of him, but them he starts to feel guilty and rebels against Robespierre.

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 02:25 PM

Isn't that a Confession? :rolleyes:

- I want a main character who starts as an Assassin, but they betray him, but he hates the Templars because they killed someone close to him...so he creates a third faction who hunts both Assassins and Templars.

So pretty much Shay with a vendetta against the Templars? :rolleyes:

And a new faction apparently...

( Nods Head) I'd buy it.

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 02:48 PM
- Modern-Day are way more cool and important than the historical parts.
- Desmond was a great character
- Connor is the best protagonist
- I want Desmond and Clay to ressurect
- I want Juno to possess a body and command an army
- I want a remake version to Unity...with Robespierre as the main villain and as a fanatical Assassin. The main character starts an an anarchist killing all nobles in front of him, but them he starts to feel guilty and rebels against Robespierre.

You’re my new best friend, here.

PedroAntonio2
12-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Isn't that a Confession? :rolleyes:

So pretty much Shay with a vendetta against the Templars? :rolleyes:

And a new faction apparently...

( Nods Head) I'd buy it.

Yes..something like it. I would like a prologue showing this Assassin in his childhood watching the Templars doing something against someone he was close to, then he joins the Assassins so he can get his revenge...but then the Assassins do something that makes him go against them as well...he creates a new faction. He kills the Templars's Grand Master and the Assassins' Mentor...after that he finds a POE that prolongues his life span and you start to play as another main character who joins the Assassins...the previous main character becomes the antagonist and a puppet master, manipulating events that would exterminate both Assassins and Templars...he believes that a world without two factions fighting against each other is a much better place.

ze_topazio
12-07-2014, 02:57 PM
I like the Borgia family.

Megas_Doux
12-07-2014, 03:03 PM
1 I really liked ACU......
2 I HATE goofy/fake accents.
3 Feudal/Meiji Japan bores me as a setting, dont understand all the fuss about it.
4 ACBs Rome is my least favorite main location along with NY and Boston.

Pandassin
12-07-2014, 03:11 PM
1)I loved AC3 and ACU and didn't like AC2.
2) I don't like Ezio...

Kaschra
12-07-2014, 07:20 PM
- AC3 has a great soundtrack
- Jesper Kyd is great, but really overrated (I hate it when people act like he is the only good composer the AC franchise had)
- I don't like AC1 that much
- AC4>>>>>>>AC2
- I miss Desmond
- I really love (or loved, thanks to Unity) the Modern Day part
- Revelations Ezio is best Ezio
- and Revelations is the best Ezio game too
- I don't mind getting an AC every year
- I don't care about the hood
- I hate the Ezio/Cristina love story, and I can't stand Cristina herself either

MakimotoJin
12-07-2014, 07:27 PM
- AC3 has a great soundtrack
- Jesper Kyd is great, but really overrated (I hate it when people act like he is the only good composer the AC franchise had)
- AC4>>>>>>>AC2
- I really love (or loved, thanks to Unity) the Modern Day part
- I don't mind getting an AC every year
- I don't care about the hood
- I hate the Ezio/Cristina love story, and I can't stand Cristina herself either

Amen.

rprkjj
12-07-2014, 08:04 PM
-Love Unity.
-Love Brotherhood.
-Edward is the best protag.
-Connor is alright.
-Ezio is alright.
-I like modern day.
-I don't care for Haytham.

DumbGamerTag94
12-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Here's mine:

- My favorite game is AC3(although Connor isn't my favorite Protagonist)

- I hate the opera crap in the Ezio games background music I find it really really annoying.

- I DESPISE ACRevelations. By far an away my least favorite assassins creed game. Yet I'm probably in a minority there because many seem to think it is gods gift to gaming.

- I'm not a fan of the standard white/hood/robe assassin formula. In AC3 I thought it looked silly forced and out of place. But since AC4 we see a step in the right direction. With Edward not wearing his hood all the time. Shay having a grey coat that didn't look out of place for the time period as an assassin and no hood when a Templar. Then Arno had multiple colors and outfits to choose from. And while some look cartoony and stick out others blend in nicely with period France. If only he didn't always wear a hood he would be the least conspicuous assassin yet.

- I actually liked ACUnity quite a bit.

- I hate Co-op and multiplayer. It sucks. And it's time resources and assets that could have been spent making the single player campaign and world so much better.

- I actually like Arno. He's probably a tie with Ezio for my favorite Protagonist if not a close second.

- I don't think AC can ever truly be "too modern" however I do see some potential gameplay issues with automatic weapons after the 20th century. So my personal threshold is 1920. Anything later could be risky.

wickywoowoo
12-07-2014, 09:28 PM
I am legitimately baffled by people who say they identify with Templar beliefs over Assassin beliefs. It boggles my mind how people can want to be controlled so overtly like that. It's scary to me.

SixKeys
12-07-2014, 09:32 PM
I am legitimately baffled by people who say they identify with Templar beliefs over Assassin beliefs. It boggles my mind how people can want to be controlled so overtly like that. It's scary to me.

I kind of understand it, although I don't agree with it. It's like the red pill vs. the blue pill in The Matrix. The assassins offer total freedom and the truth about how the Templars operate. That's a big pill to swallow if you've been living in blissful ignorance all your life. The Templars offer order and security in exchange for your freedom. Some people would rather feel safe than free.

Assassin_M
12-07-2014, 09:34 PM
-As a character, Ezio is completely one dimensional in AC II. He has 0 progression from the beginning till the very end.
-I dislike Haytham in Rogue
-Arno is awesome
-Kenways > Auditores
-i HATE accents. Especially Altair's in Revelations. I will also correct people when they say "Altair's accent in Revelations was immersive"
-Venice's color hue makes it the ugliest city in the series to me. Without the hue, it goes from meh to one of the most beautiful in the series.
-Boston is awesome
-I loved Aveline
-Revelations Ezio is best Ezio
-I liked Desmond
-I don't care that modern day has no gameplay
-Thomas Hickey is amazing
-John Pitcairn is the best Templar in the series (not unpopular, just not shared by many)

Mr.Black24
12-07-2014, 09:35 PM
Especially when the Templars killed children during the Great Purge. Man, talk about my feels, triggering, and darkness of the story.

Yeah i'll never understand why the Templars over the Assassins. i prefer however if they worked together. I think, once they put their biased and pride aside, its possible.

wickywoowoo
12-07-2014, 09:40 PM
I kind of understand it, although I don't agree with it. It's like the red pill vs. the blue pill in The Matrix. The assassins offer total freedom and the truth about how the Templars operate. That's a big pill to swallow if you've been living in blissful ignorance all your life. The Templars offer order and security in exchange for your freedom. Some people would rather feel safe than free.

You can still live in blissful ignorance under the Assassins way of life while allowing others to be free while under the Templars way, no one has freedom and the ignorance is not blissful, it's mandatory. It also isn't guaranteed safe either. I'll never understand it.

Especially when the Templars killed children during the Great Purge. Man, talk about my feels, triggering, and darkness of the story.

Yeah i'll never understand why the Templars over the Assassins. i prefer however if they worked together. I think, once they put their biased and pride aside, its possible.

I think the working together part may be a building aspect, it must be why they are "softening" the Templars and we're getting more of the "Instruments of the First Will" as the building super enemy with Juno. That's a threat Assassins and Templars together do not want to build too strong, if my understanding is correct.

Altair1789
12-07-2014, 10:21 PM

Exactly

Here are some more:

-I liked the colonial assassins more than templars
-I think Thomas de Carneillon was better than Arno. I'd have loved Unity to be about him in the 1300s with a different title and a real plot
- I love Unity's fighting system, except for the fact that guards pull out their guns when standing 2 feet away. The bullet dodging system needs to be like AC3. Sometimes I even use the French Cavalry Sabre and get 5+ guards to follow me to an open area then start fighting. It's actually really fun

DeanOMiite
12-07-2014, 10:26 PM
OP, I don't think you have bad ideas here, but I don't see why any of those ideas would need to be incorporated into an Assassin's Creed game? If Ubi was going to make that many core changes (especially not having the game be assassin's vs templars) then I'd say, just have them start a new franchise.

JustPlainQuirky
12-07-2014, 10:30 PM
Aveline and Elise are both underwhelming characters but their character designs are amazing.

TO_M
12-07-2014, 11:16 PM
- I'd like to see Desmond return

- AC 1 is still best AC

- While I thought AC:2 was good/pretty great it did start/introduce some things I do not enjoy in the AC series.