PDA

View Full Version : Stop locking existing content

Kytraan
12-07-2014, 01:15 AM
Read and sign the petition and maybe ubisoft will listen.

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-locking-existing-content-behind-uplay-and-other-online-services

Fragmentalist
12-07-2014, 11:13 AM
I fully support this petition. Although I doubt it will gather enough signatures at this rate, especially considering many will start moving on soon and forget the entire fiasco until the next release.

medavroog
12-07-2014, 07:27 PM
... signed​.

erialor
12-07-2014, 07:58 PM
What's wrong in there being extra content for people who spends extra time on Initiates and Companion?

DanonMight
12-07-2014, 09:30 PM
Nothing wrong @erialor. If you like it its okay but some people like to completely immerse themselves in the game and every action forcing to get your attention is ruining It. You can say we do not have to do this extra stuff but some of us are completionists as well and we like to do everything that can be done but IN the game. I give my life that implementing companion app in the game could be done easily like in black flag but....

Anduril79
12-08-2014, 12:05 AM
I agree, DanonMight. I like completing games without having strings attached, specially with all the problems that going on with Initiates and those who don't cell phones for the app! The developers should've made in-game challenges that unlock this content. I still can't get Initiates to recognize that I own all the AC titles and sync them.

TheRealDABhand
12-08-2014, 12:57 AM
Or had the Companion app as a DLC for the chests. So people don't have the fecking Blue chests staring them in the face constantly.

Erfivur
12-08-2014, 01:39 PM
It's wrong the "optional" content is so in-your-face imo.
I was doing rifts just yesterday and spotted an artifact, ran to get, it and nope... need to do companion app for those apparently. (So even just collectibles need to be unlocked for some reason)
I went out of my way to retrieve a collectible item, during a timed event, at the loss of data retrieval because it was sat there glinting and glowing, drawing attention to itself for no good reason. *Shakes fist*
The blue chests are a nuisance too, clogging up your map and if you have no intention of unlocking them(and even if you do) they're just a nuisance.

I do have the app and am making fine progress and I still find it annoying.
I agree that Ubi have the right idea to put meaningful rewards behind the optional extras like the companion app and initiates and stuff but they need to find a better way that isn't just trolling people who can/wont use those things. Not least of all because it's simply embarrassing when it turns out these peripheral activities are bugged or malfunctioning as they have been.