PDA

View Full Version : What Time Anomalies Would You Like in Assassin's Creed: Victory?

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 06:28 PM
Hi there, I'm interested to know if any of you would like to see some more Time Anomalies like Unity had and which ones. I personally like the Time Anomalies because they allow us to see the different time periods of a single location, without multiple games.

Some that come to mind for me are:

-The tribal invasions of the Roman Empire which led to the loss of London in 410 AD and its subsequent abandonment.
-The founding of London in 43 AD. (I didn't know it was this old.)
-The Great Train Robbery of 1963.
-The Guy Fawkes Trial of 1606.

Let me know what you think about this and which one's you'd like to see. :)

marvelfannumber
12-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Well I would love to see a rift with The Great Fire of London in 1666 obviously.

http://www.traveldarkly.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Great-Fire.jpg

Though my biggest wish is that we get to climb Old St. Paul's in atleast one of them, because that has always been on my "I wanna climb dat" wishlist.

http://someinterestingfacts.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Old-St-Pauls.jpg

I-Like-Pie45
12-06-2014, 06:39 PM
How about a 2005 time anomaly?

D.I.D.
12-06-2014, 07:04 PM
How about a 2005 time anomaly?

You've said this before. Why 2005?

marvelfannumber
12-06-2014, 07:05 PM

Because Pie.

DeanOMiite
12-06-2014, 07:14 PM
Personally I'd prefer not to have the time anomalies, they really take me out of the game. Like..it THOROUGHLY aggravates me that Arno gives absolutely no reaction to seeing Nazi war planes in occupied Paris when Arno lived in a time 100+ years before the advent of flight...But since that's not really in the spirit of the thread, I'd love to see early London during the reign of Henry VIII and the Protestant reformation. Personally I think that there's enough in that time period for a game of it's own but hey, that's just me.

Xstantin
12-06-2014, 07:17 PM
^I assumed that Arno is just a skin in these missions.
I'd like to see the Great Fire though.

LoyalACFan
12-06-2014, 07:24 PM

Because of the London bombings. Pie likes pushing buttons.

OT, I don't have any specific requests for them, I just want them to be handled differently. Instead of "frantic running around grabbing collectibles" missions, I'd MUCH rather have actual missions with story content set in different time periods with different Assassins. That sounds like an absurdly optimistic request at first, but it really wouldn't be that hard to do. If they're making the Time Anomalies again, they already have the environment assets, and if they're giving us customization again, all they'd need to do is make one more outfit per Assassin, and reuse Sam's animations and character rigging, just with a different face.

Basically, I want them to be just like Unity's prologue.

Megas_Doux
12-06-2014, 07:25 PM

OT, I don't have any specific requests for them, I just want them to be handled differently. Instead of "frantic running around grabbing collectibles" missions, I'd MUCH rather have actual missions with story content set in different time periods with different Assassins. That sounds like an absurdly optimistic request at first, but it really wouldn't be that hard to do. If they're making the Time Anomalies again, they already have the environment assets, and if they're giving us customization again, all they'd need to do is make one more outfit per Assassin, and reuse Sam's animations and character rigging, just with a different face.

Basically, I want them to be just like Unity's prologue.

I liked the main three anomalies in Unity, but I would have preferred your approach. The key word is time though, my list:

1 The Great Fire of London, 1666.
2 Guy Fawkes execution, 1606.
3 Peasants' Revolt, 1381.
4 Boudica's uprising, 50 AD.
5 The Blitz, 1940.
6 First Barons' War, 1215.

D.I.D.
12-06-2014, 07:48 PM

Really? That's a bit sad.

(Pie - We don't amplify terrorist attacks into big annual events, except for Nov 5th and that's a celebration. You'd have more success trying to needle us about dentistry.)

xboxauditore
12-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Vikings. Gimme.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 08:13 PM
I don't like missions with a time limit, so if that's going to happen again, I'd rather have no time anomalies.

But if they're going to have them, let's face it, they're going to go with the obvious - the London Blitz of 1940, because Ubisoft don't do innovative anymore. Just think of the most obvious, tired, lame periods in London's history that have been done time and time again in movies and novels, and that's what we'll be getting.

VestigialLlama4
12-06-2014, 08:20 PM
I don't like missions with a time limit, so if that's going to happen again, I'd rather have no time anomalies.

But if they're going to have them, let's face it, they're going to go with the obvious - the London Blitz of 1940, because Ubisoft don't do innovative anymore. Just think of the most obvious, tired, lame periods in London's history that have been done time and time again in movies and novels, and that's what we'll be getting.

Maybe we can get swinging london as well find out whether the Beatles or the stones are assassins or templars

Pr0metheus 1962
12-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Maybe we can get swinging london as well find out whether the Beatles or the stones are assassins or templars

The Stones are obviously Templars. I mean you only have to look at Keith Richards to figure that one out. We'll probably find out that Mick Jagger is a cannibal and Ronnie Wood abducts babies and buries them alive under the floorboards of his London flat. Brian Jones will obviously be an assassination target, and our protagonist will kill him to stop him from murdering the Queen (who is the head of the Assassin Order).

JustPlainQuirky
12-06-2014, 08:51 PM
The Time Anomalies added absolutely nothing in terms of gameplay or story.

Just a spectacle for casuals to go "oooo shiny how next gen"

pointless pointless pointless.

VestigialLlama4
12-06-2014, 09:05 PM

I actually loved the anomalies and I hated the rest of the game. I wanted them to do a full game set in a city across time. That would be awesomw

JustPlainQuirky
12-06-2014, 09:11 PM
They were SUPER linear and offered really nothing new in terms of gameplay.

Introduce some fun intuitive gameplay mechanics and meaningful exposition and maybe I'll be happy to see them.

Prove to me they're more than a spectacle, Ubi.

Xstantin
12-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Prove to me they're more than a spectacle, Ubi.

I thought they did it just cause people wanted to see the Eiffel Tower :rolleyes:
Nothing still beat the glyphs imo

marvelfannumber
12-06-2014, 09:58 PM

Then again, so were the tombs in AC2/ACB (for the most part) and they were still fun.

I do agree that they are a bit too linear though, if they could expand upon them and make them more interesting I would be perfectly content having them come back.

Maybe making them more story based (like Altairs memories in Revelations could also help in making them feel less pointless.

Namikaze_17
12-06-2014, 10:00 PM

Preferably on December 17. :rolleyes:

I thought they did it just cause people wanted to see the Eiffel Tower :rolleyes:
Nothing still beat the glyphs imo

I agree... :)

rrebe
12-06-2014, 10:07 PM

Preferably on December 17. :rolleyes:

That's very specific. Why that day?

Namikaze_17
12-06-2014, 10:15 PM
That's very specific. Why that day?

Because it's the day that changed London forever...
Nah, it's my birthday. ^^

Cactiii
12-06-2014, 10:52 PM
I think that the fire of London and the WWII bombings would be interesting. I really hope that they make the gameplay for the rifts actually entertaining, because the Helix rift side missions were godawful. They could be like Arkham City-esque challenge maps, with the goal of assassinating someone/stealing something/etc in a confined space, competing for high scores somehow. That could make them actually engaging instead of "collect as many floating coins as possible in __ time"

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 10:53 PM
I thought they were too linear also. I like that they can be used to show how London looked in a different time, without a whole new game. I like the spectacle of them, but they should have more things to do.

SlyTrooper
12-07-2014, 12:59 AM
London 1999.

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 01:49 AM
London 1999.

Why that date? :rolleyes:

Xstantin
12-07-2014, 01:58 AM
I think that the fire of London and the WWII bombings would be interesting. I really hope that they make the gameplay for the rifts actually entertaining, because the Helix rift side missions were godawful. They could be like Arkham City-esque challenge maps, with the goal of assassinating someone/stealing something/etc in a confined space, competing for high scores somehow. That could make them actually engaging instead of "collect as many floating coins as possible in __ time"

Challenge maps would be fun

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 02:01 AM

Yayy! New avatar and sig. That sig is pretty big. But I'm sure you've noticed. :rolleyes:

I agree. That idea sounds way better than the data collection.

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 02:11 AM
Yayy! New avatar and sig. That sig is pretty big. But I'm sure you've noticed. :rolleyes:

Thanks. ^^

And yeah, I even removed my spoiler tag to make it smaller.

I think it's alright though.

Altair1789
12-07-2014, 02:21 AM
I don't want any time anomalies. Time anomaly=no modern day

Cactiii
12-07-2014, 02:34 AM

*theoretically* a challenge map wouldn't even be much more difficult than what they already have set up. As long as they create a little vignette with enough detail that you can sit still and not question it, I think it would work pretty well- it would also allow for a lot more relatively easy DLC. "This DLC is the time rift for 1917 London, set in and around an arms factory! Introducing 5 new challenges!" which would be a great, sustainable DLC plan- it's not intrusive to the gamer and it's not excessively expensive to make, and it doesn't affect the canon (unless they want to use it to expand the modern times storyline).

I'm obviously not a developer, so I can't say for sure how well this would work. I would like to imagine that challenge maps would be great to add longevity, especially if they use it as an opportunity to mix up the gameplay- ex., maybe on one the only bomb you're allowed is a poison bomb, or on another you can't climb, or you get desynchronized if you kill someone instead of knock them out. There's a lot of possibilities. I don't *think* that, beyond creating the maps, characters and some new audio (all stuff they did in Unity's anomalies) it would be difficult to just add a few objectives and guard routes.

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 03:53 AM
I don't want any time anomalies. Time anomaly=no modern day

That's not necessarily true. If we have some new modern day protag, that doesn't mean there are automatically no time anomalies. I think both can exist.

RA503
12-07-2014, 04:23 AM
Nah,second my theory that I post in this tread : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960523-Theory-about-next-game-we-will-go-to-First-Civilization-time-SPOILERS

The phoenix project will advance a least a certain percentage that will possibility trips in some time in the first civilization era, the assassins intel implies that they never need to sequence the entire genome to do that.

that will substitute time anomalies(that is a gimmick to substitute modern day sequences and a excuse to climb eiffel tower).

VestigialLlama4
12-07-2014, 04:42 AM

You know, I wish people try and have a broader mind about games than "everything must be open-world", "linear=cooties" and everything must be "100% immersion" and the like. These rules are arbitrary and I know several good games that triumph without these features.

The fact is when you have a wild premise like AC does, where decent historical fiction(at least before UNITY) can mix with elements of science-fiction and fantasy, you have options to do things that other games, movies and books can't do. And if you don't explore some of the possibilities of storytelling in AC(I mean I feel it hasn't even tapped 10% of its potential) than there's nothing to say.

Yeah, the modern day element was played down to a low extent and I feel developers should have come up with something a little better but the Time Anomalies was a brilliant concept, underused in the game and obviously they could have done more than keep a time limit and the like, but as a concept it was brilliant, and it could potentially be its own game. You know if they hadn't put that trailer with the Eiffel Tower, people will be talking about how awesome it was and everything since it would come as a total surprise.

D.I.D.
12-07-2014, 05:43 AM
You know, I wish people try and have a broader mind about games than "everything must be open-world", "linear=cooties" and everything must be "100% immersion" and the like. These rules are arbitrary and I know several good games that triumph without these features.

The fact is when you have a wild premise like AC does, where decent historical fiction(at least before UNITY) can mix with elements of science-fiction and fantasy, you have options to do things that other games, movies and books can't do. And if you don't explore some of the possibilities of storytelling in AC(I mean I feel it hasn't even tapped 10% of its potential) than there's nothing to say.

Yeah, the modern day element was played down to a low extent and I feel developers should have come up with something a little better but the Time Anomalies was a brilliant concept, underused in the game and obviously they could have done more than keep a time limit and the like, but as a concept it was brilliant, and it could potentially be its own game. You know if they hadn't put that trailer with the Eiffel Tower, people will be talking about how awesome it was and everything since it would come as a total surprise.

Yeah, I agree. I didn't like the linear cinema-influenced bits of Revelations because they were presented as gameplay missions, but they were a con; all you had to do was push forward and jump occasionally, while an allegedly exciting scene would play out of Ezio chasing a boat or whatever.

The anomaly bits in Unity didn't pretend to be gameplay, but were just atmospheric interludes requiring a little input to advance. The only real problem with them was that we were told in the advance advertising about them. If they'd been a surprise, they would have been jaw-dropping, but even as they were I thought they'd finally nailed down how to provide a little graphical showcase within the story.

JustPlainQuirky
12-07-2014, 05:46 AM

Nothing wrong with linearity. Remember Me is a fav game of mine and it's 100% linear.

It's when you implement obligatory linear levels in an advertised open world game do I have a problem.

VestigialLlama4
12-07-2014, 05:51 AM
Nothing wrong with linearity. Remember Me is a fav game of mine and it's 100% linear.

It's when you implement obligatory linear levels in an advertised open world game do I have a problem.

Every open-world game does include obligatory linear levels. I mean the fact is that I think people are asking the wrong questions when they talk of "open-ness" or stuff like "ludonarrative dissonance" but that's a separate debate altogether.

Xstantin
12-07-2014, 05:53 AM

They were brilliant visually, yeah. But even WD's trippy stuff was more "different things for different people" for example. In Unity you had: a) running from one point to another b) run but don't get shot

Altair1789
12-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Nah,second my theory that I post in this tread : http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/960523-Theory-about-next-game-we-will-go-to-First-Civilization-time-SPOILERS

The phoenix project will advance a least a certain percentage that will possibility trips in some time in the first civilization era, the assassins intel implies that they never need to sequence the entire genome to do that.

that will substitute time anomalies(that is a gimmick to substitute modern day sequences and a excuse to climb eiffel tower).

I'd love to have both the first civilization trips and modern day. I don't know why they wouldn't do that, it's such an interesting concept

TheBearJew32
12-07-2014, 07:34 AM
I really really cannot stand it when a member says "only casuals like X feature" or "X feature is for casuals". It makes it seem like said member feels as though they are some form of elitist AC crew and every feature that they like is gold, while every feature they don't like is worthless. There's no need for it, C'mon now.

Xstantin
12-07-2014, 07:35 AM
@Cactii, sorry missed you post earlier. It sounds nice:), given that some tutorials played out pretty much like that (some random part of the map, a small challenge) only they were shorter

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 07:37 AM
I really really cannot stand it when a member says "only casuals like X feature" or "X feature is for casuals". It makes it seem like said member feels as though they are some form of elitist AC crew and every feature that they like is gold, while every feature they don't like is worthless. There's no need for it, C'mon now.

Just keep visiting...the pretentiousness grows every day. ;) :rolleyes:

D.I.D.
12-07-2014, 07:41 AM

It's particularly out of place given that AC has only recently begun to feature challenging gameplay. In the eyes of the rest of the games industry, this entire fanbase is "casuals", if anybody wants to take it there.

The whole idea of a hardcore gamer is comical, but anybody who took their 1337 5k1ll5 seriously wouldn't be caught dead playing any of these.

ItsGreyFox72
12-07-2014, 03:00 PM
The English civil war 1642-1651

Megas_Doux
12-07-2014, 03:01 PM
They were SUPER linear...

How come you liked AC III :p

On topic, I really enjoyed them. In fact, I wish there were more of those in the likes of the Prussian Siege of Paris of 1871, the Vikings raids of the IX century, the Time of d'Artagnan and so on.

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 03:03 PM
The Great Fire of London, Modern Day London and some BC times period.

ze_topazio
12-07-2014, 03:09 PM
Side activities of all kinds are standard in sandbox games.

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 03:11 PM
Modern Day London

Ha, imagine running In this:

https://musicrowgirl.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/london_2423609k.jpg?w=687

Just wow. :cool:

VestigialLlama4
12-07-2014, 03:22 PM

I hate the London Eye, but maybe a digital render can improve on the real thing.

RinoTheBouncer
12-07-2014, 03:28 PM
For starters, Time Anomalies need to be more than just a “bridge” and a bit longer than 3 seconds, tbh. Like let there be a good reason for their occurrence and some story value in them. Juno is in the “nervous system of the world” why can’t she be the reason for these Time Anomalies, hacking the Animus/Helix to show us something?

Shahkulu101
12-07-2014, 03:29 PM

Looks nice from afar but up close it ain't that exciting...

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 03:34 PM
For starters, Time Anomalies need to be more than just a “bridge” and a bit longer than 3 seconds, tbh. Like let there be a good reason for their occurrence and some story value in them. Juno is in the “nervous system of the world” why can’t she be the reason for these Time Anomalies, hacking the Animus/Helix to show us something?

Fair point...

They need to be more than a slideshow and add to the story like the Glyphs did.

Speaking of glyphs, they should make a huge comeback along with whoever was leaving them.

Looks nice from afar but up close it ain't that exciting...

I can say the same of where I'm from... :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
12-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Fair point...

They need to be more than a slideshow and add to the story like the Glyphs did.

Speaking of glyphs, they should make a huge comeback along with whoever was leaving them.

S16 isn't coming back any time soon...

RzaRecta357
12-07-2014, 03:39 PM
Yeesh people aren't happy with just seeing some awesome places anymore? BAH GAWD KING. I mean, why even bother spinning the camera at the beginning of the Uncharted 4 gameplay demo from yesterday if people just act like this nowadays.

They were pointless but so is like 50% of any game. They were in Paris.. We were in Paris. You know what was pointless? Throwing a Kraken at the bottom of a tomb. Doesn't mean it shouldn't of been there. I enjoyed them for the view and gameplay.. It had a story purpose.

It's like, why even add levels to a video game unless you're getting a super fancy smansy piece of gear and Juno is exploding da planet at the end brahs?!

Megas_Doux
12-07-2014, 03:40 PM
ACU is pretty much AC I 2.0, meaning the game is pretty open. I truly welcomed those more action/linear stuff for I found them as a good change of pace. I wish those were more and bigger.....

Namikaze_17
12-07-2014, 03:40 PM
S16 isn't coming back any time soon...

I didn't say it had to be him...

It could be anybody really...though it's kinda pointless to bring them back without any real significance.
( I.e Unity)

Almost like they were just trying to poke nostalgia in people for the hell of it. :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
12-07-2014, 04:29 PM
The Great Fire of London, Modern Day London and some BC times period.

Good choices. Modern day would be cool if it was different from AC3's MD ( the missions). They have an opportunity to show off something cool. I don't know what the BC times would be like though since London wasn't founded until 43 AD.

You know, the possibility of a MD rift got me thinking. Would that even work? You'd have to be replaying another ancestor's memories like in Unity, and would they have to be alive or dead? If they have to be dead, then a MD rift is impossible. If he can be alive, you could theoretically go to where you are in the animus and kill yourself, right? Does anyone have insight on how this would work?

rob.davies2014
12-07-2014, 05:29 PM
There was a Project Legacy mission set in London in the Elizabethan/Tudor period, about Assassins exposing a Templar in the King/Queen's inner circle and then them getting a place on the council. So maybe that. Also the Overthrowing of the monarchy the interregnum and the restoration.

Maybe go back to the 18th century to see the Kenways in London.

SlyTrooper
12-07-2014, 09:20 PM

Birthday. :)

MakimotoJin
12-07-2014, 10:05 PM
If Time Anomalies has something related to the Sage/Juno plot,then I'll be happy.

Altair1789
12-07-2014, 10:11 PM
If Time Anomalies has something related to the Sage/Juno plot,then I'll be happy.

If the protagonist at least even knows about the first civ I'll be happy