PDA

View Full Version : Uplay in-game doesn't work.

erasetrick
12-06-2014, 05:06 PM
don't know what's wrong, but the overlay doesn't work. shift+f2 does nothing as well as clicking uplay in the menu. i also have assassin's creed iv & the crew installed and it works perfectly in both of them.

VoxstelarRUM
12-06-2014, 09:35 PM
I tried many times to press SHIFT + F2 to drop down the uplay console and it doesn't work... it works for other games but in Assassin's Creed Unity this thing doesn't work... whats wrong? whad do I miss?

Thanks!

strigoi1958
12-06-2014, 11:12 PM
As I usually use ALT + TAB I tend to do that by instinct and go to the uplay launch screen and click on the message there but shift and F2 works for me... but only if I press SHIFT first then F2, If I press F2 first it doesn't work.

YazX_
12-06-2014, 11:24 PM
if you have an OSD software like RTSS, the hook will interfere with UPlay hook for this game and to be honest i dont know why, in other Ubisoft games it works normally, so either to have an OSD or UPlay overlay.

And also if you set the Detection Level in RTSS more than "Low" the game will crash at startup, same goes for watchdogs (it took me a while to figure it out).

VoxstelarRUM
12-07-2014, 02:08 AM
if you have an OSD software like RTSS, the hook will interfere with UPlay hook for this game and to be honest i dont know why, in other Ubisoft games it works normally, so either to have an OSD to UPlay overlay.

And also if you set the Detection Level in RTSS more than "Low" the game will crash at startup, same goes for watchdogs (it took me a while to figure it out).

THANKS A LOT !
Seems that MSI Afterburner was causing this, as I was displaying frames and other stuff in the game.

Again, thank you!

nonamename1
12-07-2014, 08:41 AM
THANKS A LOT !
Seems that MSI Afterburner was causing this, as I was displaying frames and other stuff in the game.

Again, thank you!

Exactly like Watch_Dogs, this game will not let Steam or Uplay overlay work if Fraps or Afterburner is running.

I use GeForce Experience apps Shadow Play feature to show FPS, and it does not interfere with Steam or Uplay overlay.

YazX_
12-07-2014, 11:17 AM
THANKS A LOT !

Again, thank you!

sure, glad i was able to help :)

Exactly like Watch_Dogs, this game will not let Steam or Uplay overlay work if Fraps or Afterburner is running.

I use GeForce Experience apps Shadow Play feature to show FPS, and it does not interfere with Steam or Uplay overlay.

Yah as i described it in my previous post, however, Nvidia shadow play display FPS on rendering level rather than placing a hook so it will not interfere or conflict with UPlay hook like any other OSD software, but the problem with it, it doesnt display except FPS, FPS alone is not enough, for me i have several OSD items to display including CPU stuff. so i chose to live without UPlay overlay in favor of RTSS.

BearlyMad
01-19-2015, 01:58 PM
sure, glad i was able to help :)

Yah as i described it in my previous post, however, Nvidia shadow play display FPS on rendering level rather than placing a hook so it will not interfere or conflict with UPlay hook like any other OSD software, but the problem with it, it doesnt display except FPS, FPS alone is not enough, for me i have several OSD items to display including CPU stuff. so i chose to live without UPlay overlay in favor of RTSS.

Do you have recording turn on with ShadowPlay? My overlay doesn't work once I turned on ShadowPlay

nevermind, I was a derp just now... it was Afterburner...

olokos
06-13-2015, 01:22 PM
if you have an OSD software like RTSS, the hook will interfere with UPlay hook for this game and to be honest i dont know why, in other Ubisoft games it works normally, so either to have an OSD or UPlay overlay.

Thanks a ton man! I was digging the web to find a way to use OSD w/ Watch Dogs, and you just helped me out! Thanks again mate!