PDA

View Full Version : Is this game playable if you haven't played the others in the series?

fitzsteve
12-05-2014, 04:18 PM
As per the title really, I have a game to redeem from my nVidia GTX970 purchase, already have FC4 and Mrs Fitz is getting me The Crew on PS4 for SantaMas so was wondering if AC Unity was worth playing if I've not played the others in the series.

I did play the first installment on PC briefly but didn't return to it much for whatever reason it didn't grab me at the time. I know with some games they just don't make sense if you miss an installment. I got a bit lost playing Metal Gear Solid 4 having only played the first one prior!

Finally, I assume my PC should play it well? Intel core i5 3750k, GTX970 and 8gb DDR3 1600 :)

Cheers,

Steve.

Fatal-Feit
12-05-2014, 04:23 PM
Unity is a new refresh and start in the franchise so newcomers should be safe. Unity doesn't really mention much from the previous titles other than Legacy Outfits and vague shout outs during dialog. So yeah, have at it.

fitzsteve
12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Unity is a new refresh and start in the franchise so newcomers should be safe. Unity doesn't really mention much from the previous titles other than Legacy Outfits and vague shout outs during dialog. So yeah, have at it.

Thanks for the reply. The game looks beautiful. I read obviously the negative press about the PC version, is it fixed now or people still having problems?

Anykeyer
12-05-2014, 04:42 PM
It depends
You should not have any problems running this game on your PC if you worry about performance. Online part can be quite messy sometimes: Uplay cloud loses saves for some players (never did for me but I still make backups just to be safe), companion app has nasty issues and so on. Official list is here:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/949543-All-Platforms-AC-Unity-CURRENT-KNOWN-ISSUES

fitzsteve
12-05-2014, 04:50 PM
Thanks, I probably wont play online much/at all.

Sounds like it's worth a punt :)

I'll check out the thread linked, again thanks.

LeeroyGearSolid
12-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Unity was my first AC game, i like it a lot and have not experienced many problems. The only thing that still buggy is co-op, it can still happen that the quest line just stops and is stuck. But co-op in general is most fun imho.

fitzsteve
12-05-2014, 08:23 PM
I've redeemed AC Unity, I'll let you know how I get on :D

Downloading now, gotta love how 43gb of game will only take 17 mins, Fibre FTW!

Altair1789
12-05-2014, 09:17 PM
It definitely doesn't matter, but I'd recommend it. It'll give you a better sense of what this series is ACTUALLY about, which Unity didn't do well at all