PDA

View Full Version : Co-Op missions really tuff solo.

Exomonkeyman1
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey there.

So iv'e actually been enjoying ACU but man the co-op missions are a big part of the experience and there's no one online nor do i have any friends that got ACU so i'm alone with co-op missions, and this is really annoying cause i don't wanna do the story all the time but damn these co-op missions are tuff by my self especially at my level.

I'm curious do the co-op missions get easier by my self as i level up cause i don't feel like they will get any easier at this point.
Really sucks because i cant find no one online and there's a big part of the game being sort of being bottle necked/locked away rather.

itzrayen22
12-05-2014, 04:22 PM
If you've finished the story, and have a level of 5 diamonds you shouldn't have too much trouble doing the co-op by yourself. Obviously they are meant for multiple people though, so depedning on how great a player you are, you may or may not be able to complete them. I will say though, that there's a few story missions that are an absolute **** to do. Also, there's no optional challenges, so as long as you don't die, and if you're defending someone, they don't die you should be good. As a tip, and yes I know it's a bit of a grind, do any crowd events you see, and kill every enemy you feel like. This will help you level up, as well as get you a bit of extra money for better weapons and armor.

TL;DR: Do the story, kill everyone you see, do any crowd event you see.

Exomonkeyman1
12-05-2014, 04:25 PM
Cheers Tahgtahv i'm level 3 diamonds and iv'e been enjoying my play through i will take your tips into play. It's a shame that i almost have to wait a bit before i can do some co-op missions to then unlock some cool Armour.

Dellers
12-05-2014, 04:29 PM
Just wait until you try the heist co-op missions. Those are incredibly hard to do solo if you want the full reward. It's not easy to do those without getting detected when there are 5-6 guys in each room and we're talking huge palaces.

Anykeyer
12-05-2014, 04:32 PM
3 diamons are probably too low for most missions. When you get 5 and legendary weapon you'll be able to do them solo. The hard one when you play alone is "tournament", that part when you collect flags. Other than that they arent harder than some single player side missions (namely south districts social clubs)

greywolf238
12-05-2014, 05:51 PM
You could do some of the coop with being level 3, but there are some that will be impossible until you level up more. You should be able to find other players by letting the game find others, I have done a few coop missions this way, unfortunately it's happen a few times when we are almost done with the missions and my game crashes and I get kicked out and loose the reward.. wtf.

itzrayen22
12-05-2014, 06:13 PM
I'm currently Champion rank, and have done everything but heists and the helix missions so far. I might entertain some co-op with people, although December is a busier time for me. As greywolf mentioned though, usually just starting a public game and waiting is sufficient for most missions. There's only been a couple times where I waited more than a couple minutes and it didn't find anyone.

JohnConnor2012
12-05-2014, 09:02 PM
The only Co-op mission you can't do solo is The Tournament because of how 'capture the flag' section is structured. The one where you have to protect Napoleon's carriage means running between both sides of the street - just about doable, but Arno's inability to consistently go through windows really starts to grate after a while. And unless you're smart (Spoiler: disguise!), the initial section of 'Danton's Sacrifice' means fighting a hell of a lot of guards against a timer - but also doable.

The plus side of solo Co-op mode? No race for helix fragments (whatever they're called..) and you can restart if those darn snipers do take you down. The downside: some are still locked away or halfway across Paris from where the mission is focused..

Anykeyer
12-05-2014, 09:41 PM
The only Co-op mission you can't do solo is The Tournament because of how 'capture the flag' section is structured.

You can. After a couple of retries, learning how flags appear and losing patience. But its possible

kissybyc
01-15-2015, 07:02 AM
Hey there.

So iv'e actually been enjoying ACU but man the co-op missions are a big part of the experience and there's no one online nor do i have any friends that got ACU so i'm alone with co-op missions, and this is really annoying cause i don't wanna do the story all the time but damn these co-op missions are tuff by my self especially at my level.

I'm curious do the co-op missions get easier by my self as i level up cause i don't feel like they will get any easier at this point.
Really sucks because i cant find no one online and there's a big part of the game being sort of being bottle necked/locked away rather.

I wonder, how did you manage to play co-op missions solo? I don't see the "private match" option anywhere...

wvstolzing
01-15-2015, 07:20 AM
I wonder, how did you manage to play co-op missions solo? I don't see the "private match" option anywhere...

You'll have to launch the missions through the progress tracker, or the map. In-game mission givers don't have the 'private' option.

Secu12
01-15-2015, 01:36 PM
How can you retrieve all the flags by yourself in the The tournament mission? They appear on four different rows of pillars. You must collect 34 and you have only 30 s at your disposal. By the way, if you don't kill anyone in this mission until you get the last objective, there will be no restricted area for you.

The infernal machine, the mission in which you must defend Napoleon it's a little bit harder if you want to collect all the sync points in just one mission (especially at the beginning when you have to kill 9 or 11 snipers).

The women's march get's harder if you don't get ahead of Theroigne Merincourt and her ally to fight all the enemies.

Danton's sacrifice it's quite a challenge if you don't have the Disguise skill.

I find some Paris Stories from the southern part of the map more challenging than 90% of the co-op missions. I can't say anything about hesist missions because I dindn't play them.

strigoi1958
01-15-2015, 01:49 PM
there are lots of people fed up with the competition who will show you the route through missions and heists... if you ask

wvstolzing
01-15-2015, 02:08 PM
How can you retrieve all the flags by yourself in the The tournament mission? They appear on four different rows of pillars. You must collect 34 and you have only 30 s at your disposal.

You get some extra time for each flag.

It's difficult, but doable. The 'trick' seems to be to note what *doesn't* work, and not do it in your next trial. After 5-6 failures, you get the hang of it.

Secu12
01-16-2015, 02:20 PM
You get some extra time for each flag.

It's difficult, but doable. The 'trick' seems to be to note what *doesn't* work, and not do it in your next trial. After 5-6 failures, you get the hang of it.

That's odd, because I didn't get any extra time, altough I was retrieving some of them.

Lignjoslav
01-16-2015, 04:21 PM
You don't get much, only a few seconds. It's still tough. I tried it twice, first time I failed miserably, the second time I got 32/34, so I would have probably made it, but I heard that the next task in the tournament is really hard solo as well, so I gave up and teamed up with some guys. "Women's March" is tough, but I did pull it off solo. Most of the others are much more easily doable.

Whislar
01-16-2015, 04:50 PM
The flags is the hardest part. I think on the 6th go I got them all with loads to spare. The next phase is easy just use smoke bombs if another corner gets dragged over.

Aenigmatix
01-16-2015, 07:17 PM
I haven't had any problems finding people online to play with. Are people really having that much difficulty with the matchmaking?

I mean, sometimes I have to wait a couple minutes if I want to play a specific mission. But if I just select "Play Co-op" and let the game find a quick match, I've never had to wait much longer than a few seconds.

Anykeyer
01-19-2015, 08:58 AM
I haven't had any problems finding people online to play with. Are people really having that much difficulty with the matchmaking?

I mean, sometimes I have to wait a couple minutes if I want to play a specific mission. But if I just select "Play Co-op" and let the game find a quick match, I've never had to wait much longer than a few seconds.

I wanted to collect all sync points w/o any distractions so I soloed all missions once.