PDA

View Full Version : disappointed.....

tuscan333
12-05-2014, 03:45 PM
I have always liked Assassins but this one is a tomb raider with swords.
Can't believe i bought a next gen console to play this.
Why change all the controls.
Why concentrate on the amazing scenery and then make us run through it at mach 10.
Not impressed at all.
You really need to have a look at yourselves.

MakimotoJin
12-05-2014, 03:53 PM
What you're saying is only your opinion,pal,not facts.
Some might like new controls,some might like rushing through the location,and some might like a "Tomb Raider with swords".

Farlander1991
12-05-2014, 03:55 PM
Huh?

Assassin's Creed 3 is "Tomb Raider with swords". Assassin's Creed Unity is the farthest from 'linear action game' out of pretty much any AC (possibly with exception of AC1).

Fatal-Feit
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Tomb Raider is a fantastic game.

Assassin's Creed 3 is "Tomb Raider with swords". Assassin's Creed Unity is the farthest from 'linear action game' out of pretty much any AC (possibly with exception of AC1).

I always thought the Ezio Trilogy were ''Tomb Raider with swords'' since so much of it revolves around linear tomb raiding with tonnes of puzzles and platforming.

But speaking of tombs, I absolutely love how it was implement in Unity. It added more layer to the mission designs without compromising anything..

xboxauditore
12-05-2014, 03:56 PM
I don't like this game and therefore must tell everyone! EVEN THOSE WHO DID ENJOY IT!

Cmon dude. Just return the game and buy a game you like then.

MakimotoJin
12-05-2014, 03:57 PM
That's a very pretty waifu,Fatal.

GunnerGalactico
12-05-2014, 04:20 PM
AC2 did have a bit of the "prince of persia" vibe about it, especially when you are climbing the Assassin tombs.

xboxauditore
12-05-2014, 04:22 PM
Tomb Raider with swords!

The new "Skyrim with guns"

Matt.mc
12-05-2014, 04:27 PM
AC2 did have a bit of the "prince of persia" vibe about it, especially when you are climbing the Assassin tombs.
Well AC was first going to be a Prince of Persia "spin off" type deal where you (the assassins) were the prince's bodyguards.

GunnerGalactico
12-05-2014, 04:33 PM
Well AC was first going to be a Prince of Persia "spin off" type deal where you (the assassins) were the prince's bodyguards.

I was talking about running on beams and ascending to the ceiling.

Farlander1991
12-05-2014, 04:37 PM
Tomb Raider is a fantastic game.

That it is, the new one especially. I never was really a Tomb Raider fan before the reboot came out :)

I always thought the Ezio Trilogy were ''Tomb Raider with swords'' since so much of it revolves around linear tomb raiding with tonnes of puzzles and platforming.

But speaking of tombs, I absolutely love how it was implement in Unity. It added more layer to the mission designs without compromising anything..

Yeah, but if we define 'Tomb Raider' as a cinematic linear action game, I think AC3 has got more of that than Ezio's trilogy.

Ezio's trilogy certainly has got that, starting with AC2 the series became more actiony/swashbuckly (and ACB/ACR had even more so of that than AC2), but it is AC3 that's, in my opinion, the pinnacle of that design pathway. It may not rely on tombs much (neither does the new Tomb Raider, to be honest) but it does rely a lot on cinematic linear experiences.

Megas_Doux
12-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Unity =/= Tomb Raider.
Tombs in AC are freaking awesome! I really miss them.
Tomb Raider has been a favorite of mine for ages. It has had its low points cough, cough angel of darkness, cough, cough, but still.

Farlander1991
12-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Unity =/= Tomb Raider.
Tombs in AC are freaking awesome! I really miss them.
Tomb Raider has been a favorite of mine for ages. It has had its low points cough, cough angel of darkness, cough, cough, but still.

Was Angel of Darkness the one with the ridiculously specific skill system? Like, to increase strength or smth you had to push a very specific box and if you didn't you might get ****ed later because you didn't get your skills upgraded enough?

Hans684
12-05-2014, 08:37 PM
I have always liked Assassins but this one is a tomb raider with swords.

And how do judge what is a "true" AC or not, by your feelings towards it? (Hint: far to subjective for a true conclusion). What Patrice said it is(AC1 and Unity only) or by what he he did(AC1, AC2 and ACB formula)

Note: I respect your opinion

Megas_Doux
12-05-2014, 10:06 PM
Was Angel of Darkness the one with the ridiculously specific skill system? Like, to increase strength or smth you had to push a very specific box and if you didn't you might get ****ed later because you didn't get your skills upgraded enough?

Yes!

However that was one of its lesser problems. The game had interesting concepts like "freeroaming" and "investigations" but the thing is you barely "raid" any tombs at all. Like 85% percent of the levels were modern based; factories, research facilities, mental hospitas, etc etc.l The story had a welcomed darkened tone that initially I greatly enjoyed, however due to time constraints the company cut some sequences, which ended up messing the later part of the story, etc etc.