PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Victory will have a trailer revealed during the VGX 2014?

RafaelAuditore.
12-05-2014, 01:39 PM
What is your opinion?
Will we have a trailer? :confused:

hapkidolaurent
12-05-2014, 01:41 PM
What is your opinion?
Will we have a trailer? :confused:
Please no.

Lass4rus
12-05-2014, 01:42 PM
That would be crazy xD

I seriously doubt it, Ubisoft didnīt want to leak Victory this early, so I donīt think theyīll just jump the gun and pump out a trailer.

Lowly Assassin
12-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Godno
Just fire the man who keeps leaking UniSoft stuff, its quit easy to find a mole or a leak inside your own company, the guy who keeps leaking things should be punished

RafaelAuditore.
12-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Please no.

I hope not, it is too early for a trailer.

RafaelAuditore.
12-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Ubisoft's projects always leak so easily.

Fatal-Feit
12-05-2014, 01:47 PM
I'd rather have a full leak than an announcement.

hapkidolaurent
12-05-2014, 01:48 PM
I hope not, it is too early for a trailer.
I wouldnt even watch it . In fact I wont watch any trailer at all. Only watch a review result.

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 02:42 PM
I want to see that target footage...

A glimpse of what everyone will think we will receive and complain months later that it's a downgrade. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Yeah I'm with Fatal on a full leak. Or maybe some concept art?

But a trailer at this stage? Nah.

VoXngola
12-05-2014, 03:00 PM
What a silly question! Of course they won't.

It'll be like it always has been. E3.

deskpe
12-05-2014, 03:04 PM
It'll be like it always has been. E3.

It's not always been e3, not at all. Theyve done atelast 3 of the game announcements with gameinformer in the early spring.

melbye82
12-05-2014, 03:25 PM
No, i don't think they had any intention of unveiling Victory until at least March.

king-hailz
12-05-2014, 04:26 PM
I do want to see that video that kotaku saw...

ryan8374
12-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Set in London, the accents will finally be correct. :)

shadowvan
12-05-2014, 05:25 PM
They didn't want us to know about Victory because we are still trying to recover from Unity. Seems to me like AC is going down the same road as COD...only be a matter of time before customization becomes micro-transactions. Honestly think that Ubi should just slow down.

Journey93
12-05-2014, 05:26 PM
Godno
Just fire the man who keeps leaking UniSoft stuff, its quit easy to find a mole or a leak inside your own company, the guy who keeps leaking things should be punished

implying that Ubisoft themselves didn'T "leak" this info...

SlyTrooper
12-05-2014, 06:15 PM
I doubt they'd release a full trailer. Maybe a teaser since it's already out in the open, but not a trailer. Something like with Unity maybe. I do hope they release the box art soon with the option to pre-order. And I swear if anyone complains at me for the fact that I want to pre-order, I will be annoyed. I think Unity is great, so I will continue to support Ubi.

LoyalACFan
12-05-2014, 06:34 PM
I mean, at this point I feel like they might as well. This is by far the biggest leak they've ever had, and anyone who cares about AC and pays any attention to gaming news already knows about it. Might as well slam out a trailer and get the hype train rolling early.

However, they're DEFINITELY not going to show the video Kotaku got. As it's just a target reel, people will be screaming "downgrade" left and right when they see actual game footage, even if it actually looks better than the target footage.

Xstantin
12-05-2014, 06:51 PM
I'll be happy if they show just the protag properly. Or give us his name at least.

VoXngola
12-05-2014, 07:06 PM
It's not always been e3, not at all. Theyve done atelast 3 of the game announcements with gameinformer in the early spring.

Sorry I didn't calrify enough, I meant as in releasing an official trailer, which usually comes out in March (my E3 statement was dumb).

Hans684
12-05-2014, 08:22 PM
To soon but we already have a confirmation that Victory is real, so why? A little tease like with Unity would be enough.

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 08:33 PM
To soon but we already have a confirmation that Victory is real, so why? A little tease like with Unity would be enough.

Sure, why not?

Something like that Alpha trailer would be nice...

But we should know his name first though. ^^

Hans684
12-05-2014, 08:42 PM
Sure, why not?

Something like that Alpha trailer would be nice...

But we should know his name first though. ^^

Indeed, at least something to give fuel to the hypetrain(not hyped myself in terms of story). Give us something to discuss like Arno's pocket watch.

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 08:55 PM
Indeed, at least something to give fuel to the hypetrain(not hyped myself in terms of story). Give us something to discuss like Arno's pocket watch.

You mean Sam's story or the story in general?

Hans684
12-05-2014, 09:10 PM
You mean Sam's story or the story in general?

No. Like the alpha trailer, it showed a Arno's pocket watch and there was threads discussing it's importance.

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 10:24 PM
No. Like the alpha trailer, it showed a Arno's pocket watch and there was threads discussing it's importance.

Oh, yeah. ^^

I don't know...have Sam hold a picture he holds dearly as he puts on his hood for an Assassination mission as he looks up to the sight of the industrial factories & the in-progress Big Ben. :rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 01:01 AM
Yeah something like the Alpha trailer with Unity would be cool. I request two things out of it though. A quick little year like "1878" so we know what time to expect, and the name of the protagonist. Don't reveal too much info yet.

I doubt they'd release a full trailer. Maybe a teaser since it's already out in the open, but not a trailer. Something like with Unity maybe. I do hope they release the box art soon with the option to pre-order. And I swear if anyone complains at me for the fact that I want to pre-order, I will be annoyed. I think Unity is great, so I will continue to support Ubi.

This.

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:17 AM
I hope we don't get an alpha teaser until March or something. This year when Unity's teaser was released, it came attached with the note that the team was reluctant to share any footage of the game since it was so early, but were pressured to because of the leaks. The final game suffered overall from pressure to release it before it was ready. Can you imagine the pressure on Victory's team right now, when their game got leaked a whole YEAR in advance?

king-hailz
12-06-2014, 01:27 AM
I hope we don't get an alpha teaser until March or something. This year when Unity's teaser was released, it came attached with the note that the team was reluctant to share any footage of the game since it was so early, but were pressured to because of the leaks. The final game suffered overall from pressure to release it before it was ready. Can you imagine the pressure on Victory's team right now, when their game got leaked a whole YEAR in advance?

Who cares... Most games are announces a year or two before release and don't show anything except a few things at e3 or something... why don't they do this this year...

Have a sneak peak trailer... much more than ACU's one and then game play at e3 with a full trailer and then a story trailer and maybe a launch trailer... that's it!

GoldenBoy9999
12-06-2014, 01:46 AM

They have to release it in a certain timeframe like any game. They're supposed to meet a deadline. They even delayed Unity. I think that if they need more time, don't announce a release date and work on it for as long as they want. AC games don't HAVE to be released late October/ early November.

SixKeys
12-06-2014, 01:56 AM
They have to release it in a certain timeframe like any game. They're supposed to meet a deadline. They even delayed Unity. I think that if they need more time, don't announce a release date and work on it for as long as they want. AC games don't HAVE to be released late October/ early November.

Tell that to the higher-ups. Game devs never want to release the game before it's at the very least in a stable state, which was obvbiously not the case with Unity. They were forced to by the people in charge who had already made marketing deals with various other companies and probably didn't realize just how disastrous releasing the game too early could be. I believe Unity would have gotten a completely different reception had it been given a few extra months of polish.

LoyalACFan
12-06-2014, 02:06 AM
Yeah, on second thought I'd be totally content if they just gave us some kind of confirmation that this is Sam Fey, the rumored family man protagonist whispered about last year.

Xstantin
12-06-2014, 02:10 AM
Yeah, on second thought I'd be totally content if they just gave us some kind of confirmation that this is Sam Fey, the rumored family man protagonist whispered about last year.

Promo pic/concept art along with a small biography? I guess it's too early for "Introducing Samuel, the deadliest assassin yet" trailer.

LoyalACFan
12-06-2014, 02:15 AM
Promo pic/concept art along with a small biography? I guess it's too early for "Introducing Samuel, the deadliest assassin yet" trailer.

I was actually thinking one of those type of trailers would be the easiest and most crowd-pleasing thing for them to do. If the game's not yet to a point they feel comfortable showing it off, then just give us one of those 360-degree character model trailers like we got for Arno and Connor.