PDA

View Full Version : Two ACU Related Questions

DiamondBlade_R
12-04-2014, 03:02 PM
Hi all,
I haven't posted on here in a very long time, simply because for a very long time I felt that everything I loved about AC had been gone from the franchise, with the atmosphere and overall gameplay having changed since AC3. I just felt the series had strayed way too far from its roots, and where it ended up just wasn't up my alley - but then Unity came along and I'm happy to say it has brought back a great deal of what made me love the franchise in the first place. :)

Anyway, I have two questions about Unity.
1. How do you exit conflict? That is to say, in previous games there was always way to cancel lock-on in mid-combat, and then run freely and stab guards with the hidden blade. From what I've experinced, however, this feature seems to have been removed from Unity: Even if I manage to exit conflict mid-combat by pressing R2+X and running away, the game still automatically throws me back into fighting mode as soon as I press Sqyare to stab a guard, which instead causes Arno to swing his weapon at him like a moron, and does not allow me to do what I want. Is there any way around this?

2. My second question is a continuation of the first one, in a way, as it also concerns lock-on issues I've been experiencing: is there any way to manually activate and deactivate lock-on, asside from the aiming mechanic (which only serves the purpose of shooting a ranged weapon)? I've found that many times arno would suddenly try to hit the wrong guard as a result of the finiky lock-on system in comat.

Thanks!

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 03:07 PM
Hi all,
I haven't posted on here in a very long time, simply because for a very long time I felt that everything I loved about AC had been gone from the franchise, with the atmosphere and overall gameplay having changed since AC3. I just felt the series had strayed way too far from its roots, and where it ended up just wasn't up my alley - but then Unity came along and I'm happy to say it has brought back a great deal of what made me love the franchise in the first place. :)

Anyway, I have two questions about Unity.
1. How do you exit conflict? That is to say, in previous games there was always way to cancel lock-on in mid-combat, and then run freely and stab guards with the hidden blade. From what I've experinced, however, this feature seems to have been removed from Unity: Even if I manage to exit conflict mid-combat by pressing R2+X and running away, the game still automatically throws me back into fighting mode as soon as I press Sqyare to stab a guard, which instead causes Arno to swing his weapon at him like a moron, and does not allow me to do what I want. Is there any way around this?

2. My second question is a continuation of the first one, in a way, as it also concerns lock-on issues I've been experiencing: is there any way to manually activate and deactivate lock-on, asside from the aiming mechanic (which only serves the purpose of shooting a ranged weapon)? I've found that many times arno would suddenly try to hit the wrong guard as a result of the finiky lock-on system in comat.

Thanks!

Well there are three states of Detection.

When you manage to escape the battle and the map shines red, means that the guards/extremists are still behind you and seeing you.
When the map is shining yellow which does for a while, means that they lost sight on you and normally you leave a ghostlylike remain of you where the guards gonna look for oyu in that area. After a while, if you are not in sight of any enemy then you screen flashes which means you are completely free of beeing searched.

2.Nope. which is very annoying for me. The only way to know that you are "locked on" on a enemy is that there is a red line around the enemy and that you could kill him.