PDA

View Full Version : Honest opinion about this game.

SV_ExcaliburESO
12-04-2014, 01:58 PM
First of all i'm not a racing fanboy, but MMO fanboy and the crew seemed to be a MMO/RPG racing game like NFS World. I really enjoyed playing NFS World with other ppl showing off my tuned car and doing drag races with loads of ppl around, thats what i was hoping the crew to be! I bought gold edition of the game.

After installing the game and finishing the prologue, I was hoping to get on the roads and start playing with other ppl and doing some co op maybe. BUT when i got on the road i didn't see a single person i was thinking "WTF!! where all the ppl" then after 1 hour in chicago i saw 2 players in whole city!! I was really disappointed after playing for 11 Hours in game mas ppl i saw at same time on the map was 5. I went to forums and do some research i found some site that explained how the crew servers work "u can play only with 7 ppl in 1 session and when u change zone u get into another session (which is broken)" after reading that i understood that the crew isnt even close to a real MMO game!

"Never drive alone" <<<********

So basicly u have a very huge world with MAX 7 players around, (if it will be fixed) with 40 cars that dont even have all the specs that we saw in trailer (example Ford Shelby GT 68' dont have circuit spec, as we all saw on pics and trailer).

Most of customization like bumpers look almost the same with a barely noticable difference( BMW m5 looks almost the same from stock to performance spec and dont even have spoilers, so almost all BMW m5 cars will look the same).

The car variety is extremely bad ( u have volkswagen Golf but u dont have R32 and sirocco or u got only 3 japanese car or why we need to have chevrolet impala if we dont have toyota, audi, mazda WTF!)
The graphics seems fine to me but the car detailization should be better (but its fine for a MMO).
Having those sessions with max 8 players per session is extremely disgusting for a mmo game.
The police pursuits is the worst pursuits i ever had. Police car looks like "tanks" with supercar speed, u cant hit a police car otherwise u gonna be thrown off the road and police car will stay still.

When i remember the embargo for the crew and they said "that we shouldn't trust the reviews because when the servers will be populated by THOUSANDS of player the experience is completely different" HOW IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE SUCH A SCAM?

Only way to "save" this game is make 2-3 server for each of the zones and let there be alot of players in free ride, make police and overall car crash physics better and add much more cars with improved customization options to make them unique!

If u love just riding alone or with few friends around the map this game is for u. If u love MASSIVE Multiplayer Online and want to caompete show ur cars and stuff then u should wait and see if the game gets better or not otherwise its not worth the money. this isnt a AAA game.

iFartzz.CD
12-04-2014, 03:10 PM
If you paid a bit of attention to the forums until now, a lot of the things you mention have been said already and some of em were also adressed by the devs.

First of all, I don't see why you'd bash the devs for the fact that you didn't read or heard in several interviews, that they were doing the thing with sessions and 8 players per session. That being said, they did also say that they may very well increase it later, but since the servers and game itself are still being worked on just to ensure stability, it's a quite smart move to keep it at 8 for now and then maybe increase it later.

Second, regarding the specs, I don't know if that is actually true regarding the Shelby. Guess I'll find out today or during the weekend, I've only got mine to perf spec so far, but I agree with you that it is kinda false advertising to say that you can circuit spec it if you can't actually do so in the game.

Regarding the bumpers and all that, I do also agree that it'd be neat with more variety, but I do still want to point out that the difference depends a lot on the car. If you customize the Raptor, you will have like 15 different bumpers with different lights, skirts etc, and the change is quite massive, so I'd say that it may be true on some cars, but there are certainly also some where the difference is very notable.

The car variety has been spoken of several times by people before you, and while the devs havn't actually said anything about it except that they'll add the 4 DLCs with more exotics and muscle cars, I'm still pretty certain that it is due to the fact that their initial idea with the game may have been to give you that real American feel to it since they did also make quite a big deal out of making USA in the game. That being said, I have a feeling that iconic tuners like the Supra, Lancer and RX7 (obviously others too, but you get the idea) will be added later as DLC since Ubisoft will surely have seen by now how many people want the cars in the game. (However, I love that they put in cars like the Impala, since it's not a typical car in racing games, but it's great to drive it really.)

The car physics could use some work - especially the cops - but the cops aren't that fast tbh. If you get on a highway and go 230 km/h without crashing into a wall or traffic, you will easily outrun them - or get your dirt or raid spec car and go through the forest and avoid the trees.

All in all, I see why you're frustrated at some points, but a lot of the issues were already addressed, and others seem kinda logical to me, but I may still be wrong ofc since it's just speculation. Guess we'll just have to wait and see, but I sure hope that the game won't die out as soon as some people claim, cuz I personally love it :)

SV_ExcaliburESO
12-04-2014, 03:29 PM
If you paid a bit of attention to the forums until now, a lot of the things you mention have been said already and some of em were also adressed by the devs.

First of all, I don't see why you'd bash the devs for the fact that you didn't read or heard in several interviews, that they were doing the thing with sessions and 8 players per session. That being said, they did also say that they may very well increase it later, but since the servers and game itself are still being worked on just to ensure stability, it's a quite smart move to keep it at 8 for now and then maybe increase it later.

yes u right about the 8 players per session but the big problem is that it doesnt work i never seen more then 5 player. its suposed to work like this: u in zone with 7 ppl u change zone u get on with another 7 ppl but this doesent work. I even added some ppl as friend so i could see where they are and when i get to their location im just alone and i cant see them and 0 ppl in mu session thats what i mean.
And if u saw their advertisments it looks like there are always someone to play with but in game it doesnt! U know its like driving alone trough whole america.

Soz for english )