PDA

View Full Version : Dying instantly

Quizzicality
12-04-2014, 08:16 AM
Seriously WTF. Why do I keep getting killed instantly? Sometimes it's when I'm fighting and I'll just go from a full health bar to desync instnatly, other times I'm just running around and bam desync. WTF is going on

similarly
12-04-2014, 08:24 AM
Hmmmm. That's a weird one. You're not getting shot are you? One or two shots will kill you early in the game.

Freyr1983
12-04-2014, 08:34 AM
is it during the Co op mission ?

YazX_
12-04-2014, 12:45 PM
i expect you are getting shot as shots do large amount of damage, there is something really annoying in combat system which is you cannot dodge shots when engaging with an enemy while striking and also the camera zooms in too much when finishing your target blocking the surrounding view of enemies hitting/shooting you.

Scystab
12-04-2014, 01:13 PM
When I usually get instant killed it's probably because there are a couple (or three, or four) snipers on balconies/roofs which I didn't notice until I had to retry.

Speedy_PC
12-04-2014, 01:18 PM
Always look out for snipers before you to move into attack mode, sometime you can very easily get yourself caught out during the fight.

IF you see any snipers take them out first before you've finish the job.

Quizzicality
12-04-2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah that makes sense. I don't like it, but it makes sense. Thanks guys.

Lignjoslav
12-04-2014, 04:06 PM
Get some better gear for Arno, it matters a lot more than in previous AC games.

Nogeaux
12-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Always look out for snipers before you to move into attack mode, sometime you can very easily get yourself caught out during the fight.

IF you see any snipers take them out first before you've finish the job.

This is the strategy I use - take out threats starting with those in the highest position - snipers. One of the things I really miss in the combat model is being able to use the enemy as human shields when snipers or enemies with pistols begin shooting. It was rewarding to have a sniper take out an enemy I am engaged with as a human shield and then kill him when he reloads. I thought that ability was one of the most innovative improvements in AC series combat. Too bad it didn't make it into ACU, if you used it in AC4, you know what I'm talking about - was very cool.

Cheers, nogeaux

jeffies04
12-04-2014, 11:55 PM
One of the things I really miss in the combat model is being able to use the enemy as human shields when snipers or enemies with pistols begin shooting. It was rewarding to have a sniper take out an enemy I am engaged with as a human shield and then kill him when he reloads.

I totally agree. I think combat would be the best if the reintegrated human shields. They can keep the dodge aim move too, if they like.. just differentiate it somehow, maybe by using the high profile trigger to grab an enemy versus just dodging the aim.

similarly
12-05-2014, 03:48 AM
One thing I will say: while I totally miss human shields and often DO wish there were a way to fight back against guards targeting me (I especially wish dodge had more of an affect on their aim and/or that their aim wasn't so good), I like the fact that guns are now something to fear. I feel it's a tiny bit more realistic in that you really SHOULDN'T bring a knife (or sword) to a gunfight.