PDA

View Full Version : Unable to complete certain missions due to AI being OP

Austinmusick123
12-04-2014, 02:18 AM
Okay, first off I hate posting on forums. But after trying "Chin Music" about 35-50 times I am here to post. My car is level 374, dirt spec skyline. And the race requires 284. I LITERALLY can not even catch up to the little mini cooper in front of me before he speeds off and beats me. I can't even touch the guy. It's not my driving, there is nothing I can do to reach him. This is a story mission, what the hell we're you all thinking making the AI this difficult? And also the COPS!? Who gave them suicide bomber licenses for the to just rampage you non stop. Need to fix this ****, its a good game but come on. No wonder everyone is bandwagoning your company.

mrnuhtz
12-04-2014, 02:25 AM
are you in a crew because i've noticed the AI becomes super overpowered when im crew'd up. If so try leaving the crew even if your the only one online and try the race again.

bigkris9
12-04-2014, 02:28 AM
Don't you find it more frustrating that a MINI can be in the same league as a modified skyline? that's just stupid

mrnuhtz
12-04-2014, 02:39 AM
This game needed a bigger budget. I feel like they spent 90% of the time designing the world the in the last few months just slapped some cars down and sold it to us. serously. things like carbody parts are all available from the start. Like I feel like they should be unlocked over time also the game levels you up too fast. There is no sort of multiplier added each level. I played for 2 days and am already half way to the Lvl Cap

whynotlam
12-04-2014, 02:53 AM
I think that real world car statistics are in no way represented in this game. I knew that when a ford truck was beating a skyline in a race. Think of the cars as a character in a rpg game. You could have a big hulking Orc that's 7ft tall that's level 10. My small dwarf could be level 75. If we fight im going to win. I honestly think the car models are merely asthetics meant to please our need for variety. Hense mini coopers being faster then a R34. As far as the A.I. being OP. The races seem very scripted. If you can get an idea of the predetermined paths the AI is going to take you can use it to your advantage.

Austinmusick123
12-04-2014, 02:55 AM
No worries guys I finally beat the Car level 284 mission with my 498 Dirt Skyline >_> I can't even. Balance this crap out please, like soon not in a couple months.

Dilwoah
12-06-2014, 04:09 AM
Yeah... chin music is complete and utter ****e. It seems like everytime I get to a takedown mission or a cop escape mission it makes me furious and just want to quit the game... coincidence? I think not. Everything else about this game aside from the very minimal amount of customization and small car selection is awesome and fun. But these take down missions and chase missions... ugh, the complete opposite of fun. They just show everything wrong with the whole cheating AI crap in order to make a "cinematic" chase scene. It's absurd and it's crap.

They should really tune these missions. Fast.

JustTom96
12-06-2014, 04:28 AM
I absolutely hate these missions!

Mainly because the A.I is so OP and here are the reasons...

>If they crash they lose no damage
>If you get close they suddenly find extra bhp that surpasses your boost
>You could have a car level 1000 higher yet you still can't catch up
>T-boning them is impossible because when you are about to hit them they unrealistically slow down, speed up, or swerve out the way but somehow stay on track because they're stuck to path rails no matter the terrain.
>If they crash they speed up instantly
>They can go through civilian cars
>They take little damage from big hits
>If you clip their behind they never lose control and if they do they instantly swing back around
>Cops only go for you and never attack them.

There's more but I can't remember them all

MadMax66rus
12-06-2014, 08:00 AM

>T-boning them is impossible because when you are about to hit them they unrealistically slow down, speed up, or swerve out the way but somehow stay on track because they're stuck to path rails no matter the terrain.
>If you clip their behind they never lose control and if they do they instantly swing back around

+1. no ai at all. rail+constant catch up. nfs 2 has better ai than the crew (

DarKFoaL
12-06-2014, 01:26 PM

This and the insane short time limits you get on checkpoint missions. even if you drive perfectly in a car that is 100 above the adviced lvl.
You need about 5-10 seconds more then your given.
Use shortcuts?
Yeah don't bother cause the time gained gets eaten away later on the track where you can not use shortcuts.

Jackrabbit_V6
12-06-2014, 02:26 PM
yea, the mini is hardcore... but funny enough, i beat this mission on the 3rd try in my Focus RS (was about 120 above recommended level i think).... actually, i beat most missions in that one fairly easy...

bryan67gto
12-07-2014, 04:18 AM
Ok did this mission like 2nd try got silver with the eastern hidden car coupe. Didnt think it was any trouble. Now trying to redo it with a Dirt spec Mustang with 300+ points.
damn Cops keep T boning me right at the 2nd cross road were the cops come in. Have tried slowing down. have tried different lines. They take my car out every time. Did mission like 10 times now. And cant even get close to the Mini cause of Cops. They really need to adjust cops down just a wee bit.

Slexlaw
12-07-2014, 05:09 AM
I can cope with a rubber banding AI, but not with the hammer attached to the end of it.
Dirt spec has a very tenuous attachment to the ground at the best of times, and a small tap (or blatant smash) by the AI usually results in a spin-out and re-try.
Yet AI cars appear to have enormous traction. Both racers and police seem to be immune to PIT, but utilise it freely.
I too was surprised that taking a car into a mission with 200+ over the recommendation was no easier than the first time arouns with a car just at the recommended spec.
This game can be intensely frustrating at times, but I find it's balanced out by just chilling out and cruising around. When I get too cross, I just go for a drive and enjoy the scenery.
Crew up where you can - It does help. I'm waiting for my Z4 from ANZ limited edition to show up before I continue the story anyway, so it's no biggie to take a bit of a break now and then.

vredesbyrd93
10-07-2016, 07:04 AM
Ubi has turned a blind-eye to this topic. Nothing can be done. I can't complete a single faction race.