PDA

View Full Version : Remapping the keys for PC version

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Is there a problem with remapping the keys on the keyboard or gamepad in the PC version? Someone else posted on another board that he couldn't remap his keys in the pc version of the game. I was just wondering if it was because it was warez version or was it a real bug in the retail release of the game?

I wanted to know before I buy the game. If I can't remap the keys to how I want them, then we will need a patch and I'll wait to buy the game.

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Is there a problem with remapping the keys on the keyboard or gamepad in the PC version? Someone else posted on another board that he couldn't remap his keys in the pc version of the game. I was just wondering if it was because it was warez version or was it a real bug in the retail release of the game?

I wanted to know before I buy the game. If I can't remap the keys to how I want them, then we will need a patch and I'll wait to buy the game.

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-02-2003, 09:43 PM
i found the default controls worked really well but I did end up doing a few tweaks (eg WASD to ESDF) and they worked fine.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 06:11 AM
I can't re-map the keys in mine either (PC, of course).

However, I'm pretty sure it's just a gross bug and a just some huge, freak goof by Ubi. In the controls menu of the game, its clear that you're *supposed* to be able to re-map the keys.

I'm sure it'll be patched. Only question is how prompt will Ubisoft be on it.

In any case, I've just learned to play the defaults instead. Took a bit, but I'm starting to get the hang of it.

XyZspineZyX
12-03-2003, 03:10 PM
I had this problem. I was using my Logitech Wingman cordless rumble pad. It was causing all the problems. My problem was this. When I go to remap my keyboard keys, it wouldn't work. When I tried to remap my gamepad keys, it wouldn't work.

To fix it I unplugged my USB gamepad from computer. Now I can remap my keyboard keys.

To use my gamepad, I downloaded the latest drivers for my logitech gamepad. Now the game sees my gamepad, but still acting weird. I then tried sliding my rudder (think its my rudder. Its a little thing you slide back and forth) back and forth. When I got the rudder in the middle and left it there, the game now lets me remap the buttons on my gamepad.

Thanks for you help everyone.