PDA

View Full Version : Do U need the disk to play the dvd rom version?

timpbader
12-03-2014, 05:12 PM
A friend is buying the dvd rom version and wants to know if the disk is required to play after installation?

kbbw
12-03-2014, 05:15 PM
A friend is buying the dvd rom version and wants to know if the disk is required to play after installation?

Nope the DVD is only to install it. after that its just launching the game whitout the dvd

YazX_
12-03-2014, 05:34 PM
Nope the DVD is only to install it. after that its just launching the game whitout the dvd

indeed, physical disc is not needed to play.

timpbader
12-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the replies!

Mr_Shade
12-03-2014, 05:38 PM

As already posted - once the game is installed and activated on Uplay - as long as you have signed into the same Uplay account, you used to install the game - you can play.

DOLOROS11
12-25-2015, 07:09 AM
if i can play how i will do this

YazX_
12-25-2015, 11:32 AM
if i can play how i will do this

when you install the game it will prompt you to log into UPlay and activate, once you are done with activation and installation, you no longer need the DVDs, you can play by logging into your UPlay account (the one you have activated the game from) and play the game.

Hitmanuncut
12-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Would anybody be able to assist me with having inserted disc 1 then to be asked for the activation code after which it comes up with the install window and as soon as I click install it keeps saying download has failed and to check my internet connection (which is working the entire time) and ensure I have enough drive capacity (both my ssd and hdd have over 50GB available storage left) and then try again. This is trying to install via uplay if that matters. Thanks for any help this has me trumped.

YazX_
12-25-2015, 06:59 PM
Would anybody be able to assist me with having inserted disc 1 then to be asked for the activation code after which it comes up with the install window and as soon as I click install it keeps saying download has failed and to check my internet connection (which is working the entire time) and ensure I have enough drive capacity (both my ssd and hdd have over 50GB available storage left) and then try again. This is trying to install via uplay if that matters. Thanks for any help this has me trumped.

are you trying to install it on different drive that C?! i have seen some reports about this when they try to install the game on another drive, if thats the case, install it on C and then i will help you moving it to another drive.

Hitmanuncut
12-26-2015, 08:16 AM
are you trying to install it on different drive that C?! i have seen some reports about this when they try to install the game on another drive, if thats the case, install it on C and then i will help you moving it to another drive.

Thanks YazX_ but the option to choose a drive isn't getting that far. In the Uplay window I can click on the ac syndicate icon as it has verified the key code no problem if I then click on download the next window ask for the language then click continue and every time it just comes up saying failed to start download. Check drive capacity and internet connection and try again.

YazX_
12-26-2015, 02:54 PM
Thanks YazX_ but the option to choose a drive isn't getting that far. In the Uplay window I can click on the ac syndicate icon as it has verified the key code no problem if I then click on download the next window ask for the language then click continue and every time it just comes up saying failed to start download. Check drive capacity and internet connection and try again.

can you delete all logs, try again and then paste the error posted in launcher_log.txt?

they are located here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\UbisoftGameLauncher\logs

Hitmanuncut
12-26-2015, 05:07 PM
can you delete all logs, try again and then paste the error posted in launcher_log.txt?

they are located here : C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\UbisoftGameLauncher\logs

Thanks for the help YazX_ Just uninstalled Uplay and reinstalled of the disc for the game and seems to installing now Thanks again.

YazX_
12-26-2015, 10:29 PM
You are very welcome, glad you sorted it out.

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
12-27-2015, 06:59 AM
indeed, physical disc is not needed to play.

it is needed for AC 1, and ubisoft refused to give me a physical code for the game i already own on DVD. no matter how many times i requested the, meanwhile EA has given digital codes for all the games that need DVD to play when i asked them in the customer support. just saying the differences between companies.