PDA

View Full Version : Can you start over?

Dr Slick
12-03-2014, 06:50 AM
I wanted to know if you can start over on the crew. Like start as if I started played the game for the first time

joocyfroot
12-03-2014, 07:52 AM
No.

You can watch all teh cut scenes in the HQ if you want though.

Dr Slick
12-03-2014, 08:27 AM
Nah wanted to pick a different starter car. But thanks for the info. Guess I just gotta rough it out

DarthPixel
12-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Is there a way to start over if you are not happy with the choices you made at the start of the game?

FlynnMacFlon
12-04-2014, 01:47 PM
You cant. Its not a saved game console etc its an mmo.

Nothing youve done is that bad except buying a car you dont like. In which case just do some jumps etc get money and buy another. The one you bought at start was only 22.5k after all. And its not like you named your character and picked wrong hair etc :p

Kruzada
12-04-2014, 02:01 PM
You cant. Its not a saved game console etc its an mmo.

Please, don't give us that MMO crap. It's not an MMO.

Even in REAL MMOs you can start all over again by simply creating a new character. Tada. Magic!

MSHenderson
12-04-2014, 05:07 PM
I would like the ability to restart my career. Or have multiple "alts" (like in other MMOs and RPGs). That way, if i am unhappy with choices when i purchase things, or level up perks in an inefficient manor, I can restart and go down a different path. I think i already regret my first car purchase, and since the pre-order stuff isn't working (nor the season pass), I am stuck with this car for a while. Please look onto this matter. I have seen a few other posts about it, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would make use of this "feature"

UbiVolfbane
12-04-2014, 05:22 PM
I will pass along this to the team. In the meantime, please test drive any cars before purchasing to help your decision. As for your perks, you may reset them in the HQ. Thank you for the feedback. If you have any further suggestions, feel free to pass them along in a ticket here: https://support.ubi.com

Judge.Donkey
12-05-2014, 05:14 AM
The game is allowing me to "Continue" but there is no option to start a NEW game. How can I start a new game in Xbox One? I want my synced data erased

Punk-26
12-05-2014, 12:24 PM
Please for the love of god add a new game option!! I can safely speak for everyone that this is a much needed feature. I don't know why it was not implemented right from the start. This is the first game to ever do this as far as I know and it's incredibly frustrating. I want to reset my progress and the dumb cloud saves ruin it. Bungie got it right with Destiny, at least I was able to delete my characters if I didn't like the decisions I made. So I know it's possible with the Crew! I'm hoping a new game option will be put in the game soon, squeeze it into a patch or something otherwise I might just end up returning the game.

Natchai_Ubisoft
12-05-2014, 12:30 PM
you can't do that

Punk-26
12-05-2014, 12:36 PM
you can't do that

Let the devs know man, we all want this!

x99Hawkey
12-05-2014, 12:45 PM
exactly. We need this option.

FlynnMacFlon
12-05-2014, 12:53 PM
No we dont .

Its an mmo with one character per account per server as such.

What is it you cant do after starting? Change hair style? Rename character? Destiny is totally different game lol. You make a character, choose sex, hair race etc and CLASS. Here its about cars.

If you bought *wrong* car at start then do a couple of jumps or just drive around , stop on the traffic cones and get $2k for each sight seen. Then buy new car.

You cant change your gamertag, uplay name, psn name etc anyway so it has to be the cars youre talking about?

If a friend starts to play with you then buy new car , dont mod it unless you get part in a jump or race and drive with them and help them in story missions.

This isnt an issue.

Console users need to man up

MasterLenman
12-05-2014, 01:16 PM
What is it you cant do after starting?...

Do the story missions in a "natural" way. I.e., do them in the correct order and have the videos, phone calls etc. play at the right moment. Just doing the missions again and watching the videos in the HQ isn't the same.
Also, leveling up as you progress and unlocking new tuners while you're re-doing the missions feels more rewarding.

KernelPad
12-05-2014, 01:18 PM
You can re-do the missions if you screw up, buy a different car if you dislike one, (There's clearly a test drive feature), I don't see a need for such option to start a new fresh game.

heldie88
12-05-2014, 01:20 PM
it's only possible if you could play offline, but it's not. so it can't

nebura84
12-05-2014, 01:27 PM
No we dont .

What is it you cant do after starting? Change hair style? Rename character? Destiny is totally different game lol. You make a character, choose sex, hair race etc and CLASS. Here its about cars.

If you bought *wrong* car at start then do a couple of jumps or just drive around , stop on the traffic cones and get $2k for each sight seen. Then buy new car.

You cant change your gamertag, uplay name, psn name etc anyway so it has to be the cars youre talking about?

If a friend starts to play with you then buy new car , dont mod it unless you get part in a jump or race and drive with them and help them in story missions.

This isnt an issue.

We've heard enough of fanboy's explainaiton.
They said so many times "Its MMO" "Its MMO" ...MMO doesn't mean max 8 players game!

StormPremier
12-05-2014, 02:23 PM
No we dont .

This isnt an issue.

Everything is here. No more to say.
And remember you can disable cloud saving with uplay.

(disable in uplay, exit uplay, delete local savegame, start new game, leave game, restart uplay, reenable cloud saving, done !)
- But it's not the goal of this anyway ... -

We've heard enough of fanboy's explainaiton.
They said so many times "Its MMO" "Its MMO" ...MMO doesn't mean max 8 players game!

MMORG ... racing game, MMO only for the purpose, not the final goal ... pls

"Console users need to man up"
Including do more than just look at trailers when a new game is coming ... ;)

bryan67gto
12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
[QUOTE=Cheesey_Wotsits;10411763]No we dont .

This isnt an issue.

x2 restart NOT NEEDED !!!!!!!!!!!!

Deebz__
12-05-2014, 03:48 PM
If stats, progress, and cars are truly being "lost", as in unrecoverable, there would be a very good (and annoying) reason to restart once the issue is resolved.

Punk-26
12-05-2014, 11:59 PM
No we dont .

This isnt an issue.

Actually it is an issue, who in their right mind disables a new game option on a game? Who thought that was a good idea. PC users can disable the cloud but console users can't and you're okay with that because you're comfortable having that option. You might not want to reset your progress but I know plenty of other people who do, it's a personal preference. Working at gamestop, I usually let people know that the Crew has no new game option and they immediately put it back. Destiny was able to delete cloud saves and that's all I'm comparing it to. It was a stupid idea to remove it and I'm hoping they put it into the game sometime soon.

Boxxout
12-06-2014, 12:30 AM
No we dont .

Seems like that the new fad now is throw in the term MMO to games just to justify the lack of features.

>Oh I want offline mode... but is an mmo, such thing can't happen
>Oh I want to restart my whole game... but is an mmo, such thing can't happen.

However, staying on topic, there is a game called Drift City, it's a racing MMO as well and they do offer an option for character deletion, and the creation of other ones. I think saying "It's an mmo" as an answer to not have features is pretty lazy, a feature like driver reset is completely harmless to the whole pseudo MMO system this game have because no one is forced to use it, for you it might be pointless to reset all your progress, well even for me, but there might people out there who would like to use that.

Punk-26
12-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Seems like that the new fad now is throw in the term MMO to games just to justify the lack of features.

>Oh I want offline mode... but is an mmo, such thing can't happen
>Oh I want to restart my whole game... but is an mmo, such thing can't happen.

However, staying on topic, there is a game called Drift City, it's a racing MMO as well and they do offer an option for character deletion, and the creation of other ones. I think saying "It's an mmo" as an answer to not have features is pretty lazy, a feature like driver reset is completely harmless to the whole pseudo MMO system this game have because no one is forced to use it, for you it might be pointless to reset all your progress, well even for me, but there might people out there who would like to use that.

This. A a thousand times yes. Thank you.

Ghostreaper26
12-08-2014, 11:33 AM
I was away when the game got delivered so my sister installed it and played and she got quite far, then i get home and looked all over to see if there is a start new game option, and nothing.

Q. is there a option or am i looking in the wrong place?

Stars_OfThe_Lid
12-08-2014, 12:09 PM
You cannot reset. If you are account sharing with your sister you have to share progress.

EZKxDEYKNOWx
12-09-2014, 03:56 AM
I wanna know if i can start a newgame with the crew becouse i have delete all my save data but im stil in my old lvl douce anyone have a answere for me ?

Check SIX hey
12-09-2014, 05:06 AM
I wanna know if i can start a newgame with the crew becouse i have delete all my save data but im stil in my old lvl douce anyone have a answere for me ?

I tried to do the same, no luck. I play on XboxOne and from the console I've deleted all game data everywhere. When I check online Uplay says there is not game data. I even deleted and re-installed the game on Xbox. No luck, the game just resumes. There is no option for NEW GAME when starting. Hopefully this will be changed later. SOOOO many bugs in this game. It's shameful really.

DannyBeatzMusic
12-09-2014, 05:06 AM
I would like to know the same, Because I'm wondering just in case some else wants to play, but not on my save.

Check SIX hey
12-09-2014, 05:24 AM
Cannot be done!:mad:

vxsw
12-09-2014, 07:00 AM
all save data stored on server side. and it's a forward step. just they need to add "new game" button in start menu.

InViz0
12-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Ubisoft feels entitled to another $60 for a new save

DannyBeatzMusic
12-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Sucks right? Imagine you have three sons, who all wants to play their own save? This wouldn't had worked back when I was a child, I had 3 brothers, we would have all wanted our own save. I think the problem is this whole "Online" thing that we should say forget Co-op it's all about playing with people you don't know, forget sharing a sharing, it's all about individualism(no game sharing). I really hate the directing gaming is taking. Back in 90's gaming was Sibling involvement to now, play with strangers who sometimes are out to troll other players...

Fast_Noob
12-10-2014, 02:48 AM
Ok I have the V8 and I would like to start the game over. Any ideas on how to do that?

FlynnMacFlon
12-10-2014, 04:00 AM
Its not a offline single player game so you cant. If you want to make a new *character* buy a stock car and redo missions.

Natchai_Ubisoft
12-10-2014, 11:08 AM
thanks for the input guys, I'll be sure to forward your sentiments to the dev team

Check SIX hey
12-11-2014, 01:19 PM
thanks for the input guys, I'll be sure to forward your sentiments to the dev team

Thanks a lot Natchai

MightyMcSwifty
12-11-2014, 03:02 PM
You cannot reset. If you are account sharing with your sister you have to share progress.

Allthough they do know about this and are looking into it.

Stars_OfThe_Lid
12-11-2014, 03:17 PM
Good to know.

I don't expect you to have a link to an official source on that but if you do I could use it to share in a similar thread over in support.

Natchai_Ubisoft
12-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Allthough they do know about this and are looking into it.

correct, though that doesn't mean that we will for sure develop that feature

Notoriousgtt
12-11-2014, 07:36 PM
Sucks right? Imagine you have three sons, who all wants to play their own save? This wouldn't had worked back when I was a child, I had 3 brothers, we would have all wanted our own save. I think the problem is this whole "Online" thing that we should say forget Co-op it's all about playing with people you don't know, forget sharing a sharing, it's all about individualism(no game sharing). I really hate the directing gaming is taking. Back in 90's gaming was Sibling involvement to now, play with strangers who sometimes are out to troll other players...

Technically, and don't shoot the messenger for this, game sharing within a family has never been allowed. 99% of EULAs allow for only the person who owns the game to play. Of course nobody actually reads EULAs and companies dont enforce them, but still, on a technicality, you have been breaching it by having multiple people playing in one house with only once license.

ital92
12-12-2014, 03:35 AM
correct, though that doesn't mean that we will for sure develop that feature

Well I hope you do! In any case thank you for listening and communicate with us!

Stars_OfThe_Lid
12-12-2014, 03:48 AM
I dont want that, I don't care. There is no reason to allow resets.

Deebz__
12-12-2014, 06:06 AM
Good for you, but I'm sure anyone who wants to restart could give you any number of reasons why. It wouldn't affect you either way, so why are you against it?

RipperSport
12-12-2014, 04:41 PM

Stupid comment. I don't want fast travel but I don't care if it's in the game. I just don't use it.

StickieNuts
12-12-2014, 04:44 PM

by the same token, there is no reason to not allow it either!

Barred
12-13-2014, 02:12 AM
Until it is possible for a restart of the career then this game is for the bin which is a shame.

i test driver the cars and chose that which I thought would be the best all rounder. It was not until it was time to race on tight tracks that I found that I was wrong. Now I have to win a race that my car is totally ill suited for!
oh well as it is the best car game on the PS4.