PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Finnish Campaign

Korolov
02-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Just finished playing my Finnish campaign set for short length and 60km flights... Played all the way from Hurricanes in '41 to 109G-6s in 44. Must say it was the best campaign I've ever played! Starting out with Hurricanes, and trying to kill those tough I-16s with 303s... mind boggling. Could barely kill more than 3 maximum, though the average was 2. Move up to B-239 for about the same results, and finally you get the 109G-2 with *gasp* a cannon! Kill rate soared up to 5 average and 7 occasionally. Finally, 109G-6 with Mk108s. Unfortunately, my last flight with the G-6, as a P-40 sawed my tail off and wounded my pilot, ending the rest of the campaign for me. But not after killing 7 of his buddies!

Overall, a blast. 62 kills in 25 sorties, spanning across Hurricanes, B-239s, 109G-2s, and 109G-6s. I do have a few gripes, though.

- friendly AI shot me several times while on a bandits tail. This was especially common with the hurricanes - the clown behind me dumps about 500 rounds of .303 into my butt! OUCH!

- Friendly flak shot me up several times when airfield was under attack. Meh.

- Seeing 15 friendly fighters chasing a smoking and toasted Yak all the way down, and end up making new foxholes for the troops.

- Having about 16 enemy fighters all at once on my tail, shooting like crazy but ultimately just killing air.

- Idiot wingmen deciding to kamikaze into me on landing approach, when I'm flat out of ammo, can't send them home, and can't send them fighting.

- Same as above, but insert russian fighter here and me on his tail, only to be rammed by someone in the same flight.

Those gripes aside, it was one of the funnest campaigns to play. A very vast and varied amount of planes to use coupled with plenty excitement. Definately not the same thing as German or USSR campaigns.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg

Korolov
02-01-2004, 11:31 PM
Just finished playing my Finnish campaign set for short length and 60km flights... Played all the way from Hurricanes in '41 to 109G-6s in 44. Must say it was the best campaign I've ever played! Starting out with Hurricanes, and trying to kill those tough I-16s with 303s... mind boggling. Could barely kill more than 3 maximum, though the average was 2. Move up to B-239 for about the same results, and finally you get the 109G-2 with *gasp* a cannon! Kill rate soared up to 5 average and 7 occasionally. Finally, 109G-6 with Mk108s. Unfortunately, my last flight with the G-6, as a P-40 sawed my tail off and wounded my pilot, ending the rest of the campaign for me. But not after killing 7 of his buddies!

Overall, a blast. 62 kills in 25 sorties, spanning across Hurricanes, B-239s, 109G-2s, and 109G-6s. I do have a few gripes, though.

- friendly AI shot me several times while on a bandits tail. This was especially common with the hurricanes - the clown behind me dumps about 500 rounds of .303 into my butt! OUCH!

- Friendly flak shot me up several times when airfield was under attack. Meh.

- Seeing 15 friendly fighters chasing a smoking and toasted Yak all the way down, and end up making new foxholes for the troops.

- Having about 16 enemy fighters all at once on my tail, shooting like crazy but ultimately just killing air.

- Idiot wingmen deciding to kamikaze into me on landing approach, when I'm flat out of ammo, can't send them home, and can't send them fighting.

- Same as above, but insert russian fighter here and me on his tail, only to be rammed by someone in the same flight.

Those gripes aside, it was one of the funnest campaigns to play. A very vast and varied amount of planes to use coupled with plenty excitement. Definately not the same thing as German or USSR campaigns.

http://www.mechmodels.com/images/newsig1.jpg