PDA

View Full Version : Sound Bug in 1.1b?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 03:18 AM
Just to try out the 1.1b patch after I downloaded it, I used to quick mission editor to create a ground attack mission with the P-47. When some AAA fired on me as I strafed a convoy of vehicles, my sound suddenly got much quieter and it wouldn't go back to normal. I noticed that AAA from ships also makes my sound much quieter. The AAA sounds seem differen. Were they changed? Maybe this is just my setup, but I never had any sound issues with version 1.0. Does anyone else have this problem?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 03:18 AM
Just to try out the 1.1b patch after I downloaded it, I used to quick mission editor to create a ground attack mission with the P-47. When some AAA fired on me as I strafed a convoy of vehicles, my sound suddenly got much quieter and it wouldn't go back to normal. I noticed that AAA from ships also makes my sound much quieter. The AAA sounds seem differen. Were they changed? Maybe this is just my setup, but I never had any sound issues with version 1.0. Does anyone else have this problem?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:10 PM
BUMP... ideas anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:13 PM
Try 16 channels. Sampling: 22050 (increased my fPS by 2 as well /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif ). Speaker Headphones. Audion enhancements on.off? I keep mine on. Effect of quietness reduced big time. Once every 2 0r 3 missions... I have Audigy player

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

Message Edited on 08/14/0305:13PM by SeaFireLIV

XyZspineZyX
08-14-2003, 06:29 PM
Yes this is a bug. If you fiddle around enough with your sound settings you can reduce the effect, but the bug is definately there.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

54LUT3!

"Fighter Aces don't win wars" -- el Zed