PDA

View Full Version : the same **** over and over again

RedGeraniumWolf
12-03-2014, 04:13 AM
there is nothing worse in an open world game that has been advertised as having 'optional playstyles' availability and then time and time again fail to do just that. I don't know if anyone has posted about this ridiculous sequence 12 memory 1 segment where you have to make sure someone ELSE doesn't get detected; there must be some very specific way to do this but I cant seem to find it and its getting very frustrating. IF A GAME IS SUPPOSED TO BE OPEN WORLD AND GIVE YOU THE OPTION OF CHOOSING HOW TO PLAY ...THEN ****ING LET ME!!

***The auto-censor exists for a reason, so please do not bypass it by partially masking the words - thanks

SixKeys
12-03-2014, 05:11 AM
I managed that mission on my first try. Try being stealthy.

cryo_burned
12-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Same here. Just eliminate the guards before they see the person. If I remember right, it's ok if the guards see you and you go into open conflict, too.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-04-2014, 08:56 AM
But his point is valid. There's no option to do this a number of ways - it's just another variation on the race format: you have to race to get to the guards before they get into sighting range of Elise, so there are very few options to do this using your favored playstyle. I also found this mission to be frustrating, because of its lazy design.

It's always the same problem with Unity - they went with quick-and-dirty in every aspect of the game except the architectural design. Everything feels so rushed, and that's probably why there's no sense of craftsmanship in any of the missions.

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 09:05 AM
That part was so easy, Iunno how anyone can fail it.

And I wasn't even trying to be stealthy.

For first guy, just Phantom Blade him. Second guy, Phantom Blade. Next guys, just Double Assassinate. Done.

Hell, just do it while running.

Jackdaw951
12-04-2014, 02:26 PM

You're making his point for him. He shouldn't have to be stealthy. Ubisoft claimed to allow diverse play styles in Unity. That claim is clearly false in the "finished" product. The same obtuse detection/tailing straitjacket of old rears its ugly head now and then, and forces the player to be nothing more than some scriptwriter's trained monkey. You have no choices at all.

I don't blame him for being angry.

OpticSpecs
12-04-2014, 02:28 PM
Unity doesn't feel like an AC game to me, I found the campaign to be very dull and boring.

Anyway, I also did this in one shot.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 02:30 PM
It said knock out the guards, which meant taking them out took far longer, but in actuality you can just kill them - so that mission was pretty weird TBH...