PDA

View Full Version : AC: Victory Wishlist Thread (Weapons, Mechanics, Historical Figures, Ect)

Pages : [1] 2

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2014, 02:07 AM
Can I make this thread? Do we already have one?? I am sorry if I stole this from someone!

Meep, just let me know and it can be deleted.

Well, anyway, I'll start.

1. Winter
2. Improved dynamic weather system
3. LOTS OF FOG AND MIST
4. dueling as a minigame. PLEAASSSE
5. Only one hidden blade still
6. Improved Crowd event system
7. Return of Small hatchets
8. MOAR INTERIORS
9. More murder mysteries
10.Return of "villa". As in, a small little village you build. Not just a piece of property like the cafe.

What should not return:

1. CoOp
2. an annoying secondary character that calls the protagonist something annoying as hell all the time.

Pisspot- Unity
Numbnutts or Numbskull- Rogue

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 02:09 AM
Damn, the game just got leaked...

But good points. ;)

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2014, 02:13 AM
Was it obnoxious to already make a wish list thread? Sorry if it seems kinda abrupt! :/

ze_topazio
12-03-2014, 02:15 AM
I prefer two hidden blades, it makes more sense and it is more useful, from what I saw of Unity when Arno approaches two guards from behind he does some sort of dance to kill the two of them almost at the same time, so having one single blade in Unity didn't even had any impact on the gameplay, it was just cosmetic.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Yeah it isn't really important. It is all about the cosmetics for me. I like the single hidden blade

Rugterwyper32
12-03-2014, 02:16 AM
Manchester, with Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. And make it not shoehorned but actually fitting.
And have the Big Ben being built throughout the game and only fully climbable near the end of the game. Been wanting to see cool landmarks built as the game progresses rather than just them being there already, that's be neat.

rprkjj
12-03-2014, 02:17 AM
I prefer two hidden blades, it makes more sense and it is more useful, from what I saw of Unity when Arno approaches two guards from behind he does some sort of dance to kill the two of them almost at the same time, so having one single blade in Unity didn't even had any impact on the gameplay, it was just cosmetic.

This. I was digging the single blade pre-release, now it seems like a no-brainer for an assassin.

As for what I would personally want, I'm not entirely sure. Everything Wolf listed seems alright to me.

Namikaze_17
Was it obnoxious to already make a wish list thread? Sorry if it seems kinda abrupt! :/

No it's alright...

Just everyone seems hasty as all.

Derp43
I just want a revolver, as I go to the Indiana Jones School of Winning Boss Battles.

ACfan443
12-03-2014, 02:18 AM
Ambient music.
Aimlessly free roaming is one of my all time favourite pastimes in AC games, and the experience is enhanced by ambient music, but in Unity it quickly became boring as hell due to the total absence of background tracks, something AC3 suffered from as well. Bring that back as well as some next gen snow, we're in England after all.

Megas_Doux
12-03-2014, 02:21 AM
Ambient music.
Aimlessly free roaming is one of my all time favourite pastimes in AC games, and the experience is enhanced by ambient music, but in Unity it quickly became boring as hell due to the total absence of background tracks, something AC3 suffered from as well. Bring that back as well as some next gen snow, we're in England after all.

Well, it snows in Paris and....

I agree tough.

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 02:24 AM
Why remove co-op? It's awesome.

Apart from that, agree with pretty much what you listed. Oh yeah - ambient music is an absolute MUST.

ACfan443
12-03-2014, 02:27 AM
Well, it snows in Paris and....

I agree tough.

I was hoping there'd be a weather system akin to AC3's in Unity, a snow draped Notre Dame would have looked glorious under that lighting.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 02:29 AM
Manchester, with Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. And make it not shoehorned but actually fitting.
And have the Big Ben being built throughout the game and only fully climbable near the end of the game. Been wanting to see cool landmarks built as the game progresses rather than just them being there already, that's be neat.

Big Ben is the name of a bell, the place is the Palace of Westminster ;)

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2014, 02:38 AM
Why remove co-op? It's awesome.

Apart from that, agree with pretty much what you listed. Oh yeah - ambient music is an absolute MUST.

Because Co Op in ANY game rarely EVER works well.

And when you try to solo it it becomes impossible.

I think it is just a waste of time an resources. Also I hope the story is better

The thing that really bugs me is that AC Unityís story could have been very good. They had ALL the pieces.

Technically, it was a good story. It is just that they rushed through it and left out SO. MUCH.

Like, he just decided to become an assassin, went to the HQ and justÖbecame an assassin? None of them really even talked with him about his father..

And then a year passesÖa whole year of training that we didnít seeÖ

In this time, we should have been given backstories and introductions to all the assassin council members..but since we never did, I still canít be bothered to remember any of their names other than Mirabeau and Bellec, the only ones who had an actual part in the story.

Who knows though, maybe we DID get an emotional backstory and interesting story, but we will never know because they skipped right over it.

Same goes for how he is just thrown the cafe without any sort of damned context. How is it that a newbie assassin gets control of the cafe? One of their most important access points??

The story just jumps around the templar assassinations and de Sade and Napolean like nothing. de Sade and Napolean only have MINOR MINOR appearances and a few paris stories.

The story kinda comes into a more even and interesting pace near the end, when Arno and Elise start working together to discredit Robespierre and get to Germain.

But the huge issue is that they just skipped over MASSIVE amounts of content. Even AC3ís story went at an even pace once we got to adult Connor in sequence 6.

It just bugs me because had the story been more even and covered more ground, it could have easily been an amazing story. But because they barely bothered with any of the characters and skipped over SO MUCH, it ended up being the worst part of an otherwise wonderful game.

The AC games have consistently had issues balancing narrative with open world. AC3 was focused mainly on narrative while the open world and side missions were bland and pointless. AC Unity had the best open world I have ever seen in a video game with mostly great side missions (although several of the paris stories are very Assassinís Creed-ey and boring) but an unbelievable disjointed narrative. AC4 was the closest to hitting the sweetspot. I wasnít a HUGE fan of the story, but it was so well written in a way that it balanced perfectly with the open world.

AC Victory seems to be going the Unity route in the sense that it will likely be MASSIVE city with tons of interiors, but only one city. I am sure that the open world sense of Paris will be even more built upon..but that makes me worry about the narrative. How will it fare in the game?

From the notes about the leak, we can already tell that Victory will again feature crowd events like thief tackling, and extensive customization, as well as new weapons and tools like carriages and a grappling hook.

I have no doubt in my mind that Victoryís london will be on par with Paris to the very least, and it will feel even better considering the characters are MEANT TO BE BRITISH, but the narrative..hm.

AssassinHMS
12-03-2014, 02:46 AM
I support that wishlist.
Personally, this is what I want from Victory and future games:

Let me plan assassinations beforehand for christ’s sake!

Make assassinations open, like in Unity;
Give targets full and minimally complex schedules so that it matters if I decide to strike at night (while he/she is asleep or in the morning during breakfast);
Offer plenty of different assassination methods (poisoned food; environmental kills; etc.)

And don’t turn eagle sense into this convenient replacement of actual investigations, that’s just lazy.
Add optional investigation missions so that I can learn everything about the targets, their associates and whereabouts and plan a strategy accordingly.

TO_M
12-03-2014, 03:21 AM
-ditch the bombs, except smokebomb
-ditch the murder mysteries, use the resources for other thing (Main story for example)
-ditch Co-op
-improve/change parkour so that it is more sensitive to input, can't count the number of times Arno has completely overreacted the action I was trying to perform. And I also don't want to perform a leap of faith when I'm trying to jump in a whole different direction. I've also encountered several times where I was trying to drop of a ledge but I couldn't because this would probably desync me. Give me the freedo to jump wherever I want Ubi, I don't need someone to hold my hand.

- Body Pick-up
- Bring back the ability to push civilians while walking/fast walking
- Bring back whistle or some other form of lures/distraction (cherry bomb just sucks imo)
- Investigations for assassinations
- Variation in the area's where assassinations take place, Unity has several indoor assassinations and BF had several on a ship.
- Allow/try to encourage creativity for the assassinations.
- a grab ledge button would be nice to have again.
- Bring back REPLAYABLE assassination contracts, the contracts in AC2 were the best because not only were they usually more than just a simple "go to X and kill Y", they could be replayed. AC:4 had decent contract missions but these couldn't be replayed

I'll probably think of more later.

Xstantin
12-03-2014, 03:25 AM
Nice list.
As for me:
Make cover less wonky (I think Watch Dogs' one worked better for instance).
More strategic assassinations.
It's minor thing but playing Unity I wanted trip mines back.
Also ditch companion apps (doubt it'll happen though)

HiddenKiller612
12-03-2014, 03:27 AM
Cane sword.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 03:31 AM
So since the use of guns will be encouraged...can we have the human shield back?

It doesn't have to necessarily be a lifesaver like in AC3/AC4, but it certainly would help in a way.

Have it be like a skill to unlock...

Deathcuck01
12-03-2014, 03:32 AM
Wants from Victory

>A working game
>Delay release date to actually refine it and make me want a new AC game
>Stop milking this series, focus on one game at a time (Evidence shows AC Rogue, Unity and Victory were all being made at similar time periods which hints at why Unity was a complete broken Piece of ****)
>Feudal Japan
>Not developed by Ubisoft.

Talk about wishful thinking huh?

AdamPearce
12-03-2014, 03:43 AM
Not existing ?

Pff, the only thing that would make me turn my head would be is they made the gameplay more satisfaying be reimplementing the interactive cameras, the brutal finish moves and better sound effects and that they recoded the physic of the NPCs to make them feel more heavy.

But that won't happen.

TO_M
12-03-2014, 03:45 AM
I forgot to add:

- ADD an interesting and relevant plot for the modern day storyline, not just tiny updates of the status quo of a few characters we met, not just videos/texts/clips of templars giving their opinions about former assassins. Have stuff happen in-game, it is a lot more fun to experience something than having read/see some obscure document about an event that took place in the modern day.

This whole helix thing/you initiate are the player thing needs to GO. Even the modern day set-ups of Black flag and Rogue were better. Although a playable 3rd person character would be best still (like desmond ;))

- Change the skill system so that aquired skills are are actually (new) skills, I don't want to spend points so that I can sit on a freaking bench.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 03:48 AM
I support that wishlist.
Personally, this is what I want from Victory and future games:

Let me plan assassinations beforehand for christ’s sake!

Make assassinations open, like in Unity;
Give targets full and minimally complex schedules so that it matters if I decide to strike at night (while he/she is asleep or in the morning during breakfast);
Offer plenty of different assassination methods (poisoned food; environmental kills; etc.)

And don’t turn eagle sense into this convenient replacement of actual investigations, that’s just lazy.
Add optional investigation missions so that I can learn everything about the targets, their associates and whereabouts and plan a strategy accordingly.

As nice as all that sounds, you just killed the core of AC.

The reliving of ancestor memories, means we have to go by certain timelines, events, in order to achieve 100% sync. Even if you miss a part of the memory and get 50%, the time of day is pretty well fixed. As is the method.

AdamPearce
12-03-2014, 03:55 AM

The reliving of ancestor memories, means we have to go by certain timelines, events, in order to achieve 100% sync. Even if you miss a part of the memory and get 50%, the time of day is pretty well fixed. As is the method.

you just killed the core of AC.
in order to achieve 100% sync. Even if you miss a part of the memory and get 50%, the time of day is pretty well fixed. As is the method.

the core of AC.
achieve 100% sync.

https://33.media.tumblr.com/046c39129dae51f0542bfcde63081877/tumblr_nflankfa1c1t0z16no3_500.gif

Xstantin
12-03-2014, 03:56 AM

Not really. Unity has a few "unique" assassinations (no fixed method there), as for time of the day earlier games kinda tried that with "guards changing shifts, plan missions accordingly" but it wasn't really important (e.g ACIII had fewer guards in some forts at night).

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Not really. Unity has a few "unique" assassinations (no fixed method there), as for time of the day earlier games kinda tried that with "guards changing shifts, plan missions accordingly" but it wasn't really important (e.g ACIII had fewer guards in some forts at night).

I have not played Unity, so please tell me if these 'unique' assassinations are part of the 'core' storyline.

Sidelines and sidequests there has never been the sync thing with. Just the core.

Sorry, I had to edit because the terminology has to be exactly laid out or people will mutilate what you say and shed a tear for some reason. Go figure :/

I meant, the extra pieces that add to the sync percentage.

Xstantin
12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
I have not played Unity, so please tell me if these 'unique' assassinations are part of the 'core' storyline.

Sidelines and sidequests there has never been the sync thing with. Just the core.

Sorry, I had to edit because the terminology has to be exactly laid out or people will mutilate what you say and shed a tear for some reason. Go figure :/

I meant, the extra pieces that add to the sync percentage.

The unique kills are not essential for story line and play more as puzzles to solve imo (there are like three in Unity iirc). Speaking about fullsync, well I don't wanna get into it, but that Winona gif sums it up :)

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 04:14 AM
The unique kills are not essential for story line and play more as puzzles to solve imo (there are like three in Unity iirc). Speaking about fullsync, well I don't wanna get into it, but that Winona gif sums it up :)

I've heard Unity is a bugger for 100% what with the companion app. Not sure I'm looking forward to that :/

AssassinHMS
12-03-2014, 04:18 AM

At the end of the day all that matters is that the person who had to die died. The rest is pretty much bullocks.

One of Assassin’s Creed’s purposes is to show how History really happened. Do you want to rewrite History as an Assassin (through minor and harmless, yet awesome things like the assassination method and strategy) or do you want the game to write History for you and you’re just there for the ride? Because they can make a very linear game or, better yet, an interactive movie, where you watch some Assassin doing his stuff the exact way he supposedly did said stuff. And don’t worry, you’ll be sure to get that precious full synch.

Oh and AC’s original purpose was never to achieve full synch or to copy some guy's actions (that came after AC1). AC’s purpose was to let the player be his own Assassin and do things his way. Of course this is just according to what the creator of Assassin’s Creed said.

So yeah, I’m not the one killing AC’s core here.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 04:24 AM
At the end of the day all that matters is that the person who had to die died. The rest is pretty much bullocks.

One of Assassin’s Creed’s purposes is to show how History really happened. Do you want to rewrite History as an Assassin (through minor and harmless, yet awesome things like the assassination method and strategy) or do you want the game to write History for you and you’re just there for the ride? Because they can make a very linear game or, better yet, an interactive movie, where you watch some Assassin doing his stuff the exact way he supposedly did said stuff. And don’t worry, you’ll be sure to get that precious full synch.

Oh and AC’s original purpose was never to achieve full synch or to copy some guy's actions (that came after AC1). AC’s purpose was to let the player be his own Assassin and do things his way. Of course this is just according to what the creator of Assassin’s Creed said.

So yeah, I’m not the one killing AC’s core here.

When was the last time you played AC1? Full sync has always been there. Maybe the method changed slightly, but the idea of matching ancestor memories has always been present.

Megas_Doux
12-03-2014, 04:27 AM

One of Assassinís Creedís purposes is to show how History really happened. Do you want to rewrite History as an Assassin (through minor and harmless, yet awesome things like the assassination method and strategy) or do you want the game to write History for you and youíre just there for the ride? Because they can make a very linear game or, better yet, an interactive movie, where you watch some Assassin doing his stuff the exact way he supposedly did said stuff. And donít worry, youíll be sure to get that precious full synch.

Oh and ACís original purpose was never to achieve full synch or to copy some guy's actions (that came after AC1). ACís purpose was to let the player be his own Assassin and do things his way. Of course this is just according to what the creator of Assassinís Creed said.

So yeah, Iím not the one killing ACís core here.

I just opened a thread similar to this mini discussion....And whereas I am not that much of a stealth purist, I l share some of your ideas and I like the overall direction of Unity. Thing is, many others dont =(

AssassinHMS
12-03-2014, 04:45 AM
When was the last time you played AC1? Full sync has always been there. Maybe the method changed slightly, but the idea of matching ancestor memories has always been present.

Yes, the idea of matching ancestor memories by killing the people he killed.
The time of day is irrelevant, the approach you choose is irrelevant; how you choose to kill the target is irrelevant, etc.

You could only kill targets at a specific time of day because AC1 didnít have a day cycle feature.
And the only reason you arenít offered such an array of different assassination methods and ways to approach a mission is because Assassinís Creed games simply arenít that good. Full synch is nothing more than an excuse for linearity and the lack of effort put into assassination missions.

I just opened a thread similar to this mini discussion....And whereas I am not that much of a stealth purist, I l share some of your ideas and I like the overall direction of Unity. Thing is, many others dont =(
Thatís nothing new. Some want naval, others want a better core; some want a tour, others want a gameÖ Itís Ubisoftís fault that ACís fanbase disagrees so much. They were the ones who decided that, after AC1, they would try to please every gamer out there and make Assassinís Creed a franchise that doesnít get better, only bigger.
Ubisoft will decide who they want to please. And if Unity is anything to go by, I think they have made the right choice.

SixKeys
12-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Agreed with OP on every point except co-op. It could and should return as long as it works within the story. But adding co-op just for the sake of it even if it doesn't make sense for the story would be a bad move.

I'm not sure about time-of-day routines. How many people ever took advantage of, or even noticed, the guards' shift changes in AC2? It could work for maybe one or two targets, a unique kill opportunity like some of Unity's, but not for every target.

A more interesting approach might be to give our main targets distinct personalities. (I've heard Shadow of Mordor does something like this, though I haven't played it.) The situation could change dramatically depending on if your target is a paranoid coward or a fearless fighter who will investigate every noise. You could spend a long time setting up the perfect kill by poisoning the target's food, but just at the last moment he spots a hooded man near his tray and starts to fret: "Could it be him? Is he come for me at last? Guards, lock every door. I will go to bed without dinner." Or make one of his servants taste the poisoned food and when the servant starts convulsing, the target panics and runs away.

Freyr1983
12-03-2014, 04:59 AM
Can I make this thread? Do we already have one?? I am sorry if I stole this from someone!

1. Winter
3. LOTS OF FOG AND MIST
8. MOAR INTERIORS
9. More murder mysteries
10.Return of "villa". As in, a small little village you build. Not just a piece of property like the cafe.

What should not return:

1. CoOp
2. an annoying secondary character that calls the protagonist something annoying as hell all the time.

Pisspot- Unity

I prefer if the CoOp return in the next assassin's creed and free roaming as it will bring more replay value and can play together with friends
but i do not want pvp mulitplayers

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 04:59 AM
Yes, the idea of matching ancestor memories by killing the people he killed.
The time of day is irrelevant, the approach you choose is irrelevant; how you choose to kill the target is irrelevant, etc.

You could only kill targets at a specific time of day because AC1 didn’t have a day cycle feature.
And the only reason you aren’t offered such an array of different assassination methods and ways to approach a mission is because Assassin’s Creed games simply aren’t that good. Full synch is nothing more than an excuse for linearity and the lack of effort put into assassination missions.

Complain about the franchise/games/software publisher all you want. That doesn't change the fact that method of death is important for historical continuity.

If a person who was supposed to die a very public messy death in fact died in bed because of eating a bad cashew nut, then that could completely change the course of history.

Xstantin
12-03-2014, 05:01 AM
Complain about the franchise/games/software publisher all you want. That doesn't change the fact that method of death is important for historical continuity.

If a person who was supposed to die a very public messy death in fact died in bed because of eating a bad cashew nut, then that could completely change the course of history.

But William Jonson died of a stroke :confused:

AssassinHMS
12-03-2014, 05:18 AM

AC1 didn’t have that problem. All Ubisoft has to do is to choose targets with minimum care in order to give the player as much freedom as possible. It’s wise to choose people whose deaths aren’t that well documented and that didn’t stick out due to some particular aspect of the murderer’s method. Seems pretty obvious…
So, killing the core of the franchise as you first claimed isn’t the problem, messing with History’s continuity can be easily avoided…any other concern/complaint?

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 05:21 AM
But William Jonson died of a stroke :confused:

Never heard of the dude. But the obverse applies. If a person was supposed to die of a stroke, then a sword in the gut would have a completly different historical outcome.

Time paradox's are annoying like that :D

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 05:22 AM
AC1 didn’t have that problem. All Ubisoft has to do is to choose targets with minimum care in order to give the player as much freedom as possible. It’s wise to choose people whose deaths aren’t that well documented and that didn’t stick out due to some particular aspect of the murderer’s method. Seems pretty obvious…
So, killing the core of the franchise as you first claimed isn’t the problem, messing with History’s continuity can be easily avoided…any other concern/complaint?

I like where you change history to fit your 'perception' of dealing with an argument. See, even changing modern forum posting history has problems.

Edit: and I'm not even going near the 'stepping on a bug' thing.

Butterfly effect ringing any bells?

AssassinHMS
12-03-2014, 05:25 AM
I like where you change history to fit your 'perception' of dealing with an argument. See, even changing modern forum posting history has problems.

Edit: and I'm not even going near the 'stepping on a bug' thing.

No more arguments? Good

Edit: Oh wait, you edited your comment before I could realize. So, the butterfly effect...

Yes, because AC games are so complex and sensitive to change...an Assassin sits on a bench, guards loose sight of him; Assassin leaves bench, suddenly every pursuer knows where he is.

Let's at least try to keep a serious discussion, mkay?

SixKeys
12-03-2014, 05:27 AM
Never heard of the dude. But the obverse applies. If a person was supposed to die of a stroke, then a sword in the gut would have a completly different historical outcome.

Time paradox's are annoying like that :D

Um, we killed Johnson in AC3. You didn't play that game?

AC has a lot more examples of where the games decided to mess with historical deaths to make them more assassiny.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 05:31 AM
Um, we killed Johnson in AC3. You didn't play that game?

AC has a lot more examples of where the games decided to mess with historical deaths to make them more assassiny.

ofc I played the game. I don't remember the names of any of the people in them though.

I'm lucky if I remember my own chars name half the time.

ltheghost
12-03-2014, 05:39 AM
Ambient music and a freaking MODERN storyline. Let us leave the animus and check emails again!!! And don't try to reinvent the wheel. Use the Splinter Cell Black List cover system and call it a day.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 05:43 AM
No more arguments? Good

Edit: Oh wait, you edited your comment before I could realize. So, the butterfly effect...

Yes, because AC games are so complex and sensitive to change...an Assassin sits on a bench, guards loose sight of him; Assassin leaves bench, suddenly every pursuer knows where he is.

Let's at least try to keep a serious discussion, mkay?

LOL with you changing history and signing off with "No more arguments" you want serious? To coin a phrase from earlier this evening... you're 'avin a giggle ;)

VestigialLlama4
12-03-2014, 05:58 AM
Meep, just let me know and it can be deleted..

If they are going to do Victorian London, an age with decent police and emerging forensics, then they should do a real open-world stealth game...that is whether you are in mission, out of mission, or simply walking and climbing architecture, it should be possible to play the entire game without triggering the curiosity of a single guard, you should be able to play the game and avoid having to kill anyone who is not your intended target, and be undetected until the story presents a situation where you are. Basically there should be achievements for a GHOST run, or One where you don't kill anyone but your targets. They can do that by introducing elements like noise distortion, environmental objects, environmental kills(albeit not QTE, more like Dishonored), making it look like an accident, or possibly be an Assassin without using any weapons, and also allow you to clean up your fingerprints and destroy evidence at a scene of crime.

They should do this if only to put to rest the fanboy complaints of real stealth. This is a setting that justifies real stealth and it would fit the time period well.

Since we have grappling hook(a la Arkham) and sword-fights on carriages, and an Assassin walking around London with weapons and Hood in broad daylight, we won't be seeing any of this, so I guess the setting is just wallpaper again and not something that can be integrated with to provide new gameplay.

As for Historical Figures, I am sure we'll meet Darwin, the Queen, Charles D-ckens and others. I personally would like to meet Lewis Carroll, Karl Marx, Michael Faraday, the young Mahatma Gandhi(around 88-91) and not merely as side stories but actual full-render characters either in cutscenes or side-missions.

And honestly, please no Jack the Ripper or about how he was secretly a Templar or Assassin. The only book that dealt with that theory well was FROM HELL, though I am quite sure that William Gull will be a Templar when they go to Victorian London.

GoldenBoy9999
12-03-2014, 06:29 AM
My Wishlist:

* A great open world. Besides the NA settings which I loved, this one looks the greatest so far. I feel that I'll like the monuments better. I can't wait to climb around on it and if they do as good as a job as they did with Paris, I'd be happy.

* Winter. I want this so I can get in the mood of Christmas since it will release around that time. I imagine London as a cold place anyway so it'd be great to have this.

* Expanded upon customization. The items in Unity were great but I don't want any locked behind ridiculous walls. I also want even deeper customization so we can make our assassins very personal. As with Unity, I want period specific clothing.

* Wide Array of Guns. Seeing the awesome guns like the pepper box made me research the guns of the era and although primitive, I find it more interesting to research them then something out of COD:AW. I loved how you could equip rifles in Unity so I hope we will have many great options of revolvers and quick firing rifles.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 06:35 AM
My Wishlist:

* A great open world. Besides the NA settings which I loved, this one looks the greatest so far. I feel that I'll like the monuments better. I can't wait to climb around on it and if they do as good as a job as they did with Paris, I'd be happy.

* Winter. I want this so I can get in the mood of Christmas since it will release around that time. I imagine London as a cold place anyway so it'd be great to have this.

* Expanded upon customization. The items in Unity were great but I don't want any locked behind ridiculous walls. I also want even deeper customization so we can make our assassins very personal. As with Unity, I want period specific clothing.

* Wide Array of Guns. Seeing the awesome guns like the pepper box made me research the guns of the era and although primitive, I find it more interesting to research them then something out of COD:AW. I loved how you could equip rifles in Unity so I hope we will have many great options of revolvers and quick firing rifles.

It may not be as cold as you imagine. Snow is certainly a rareity in southern England.

Although... I think the last frost fair was around 1814 according to wikipedia when the Thames froze and fairs were held on it.

It's a very interesting time period if treated right :)

pirate1802
12-03-2014, 09:19 AM
Because Co Op in ANY game rarely EVER works well.

Can't agree to that personally. There are plenty, plenty of great co-op games out there. The problem is, people go into this mode with the multiplayer mindset: find a few randoms on the internet, and then you expect those randoms to coordinate with you in a way that'd make the SEALS cream in their pants.
No wonder then that people would find the co-op 'not working.'

Instead, you take a few of your real-life or facebook (or something similar) friends; keyword being not random- friends. And you set up a time. Then you get Skype or Teamspeak. And then you finally play. I know a few forumers who played Unity co-op with other forumers. No surprise that their view of the co-op was much more positive. I also read a few hilarious comments about how co-op is no fun unless you play with friends. I must have broken my hand facepalming.

Agreed with all the rest though. Also, the 'additional resources' thing doesn't apply to concepts like story. Unity was in development for how many years? Still it came up with a lousyass story. Rogue was in development for how long in comparison?

Steelray25
12-03-2014, 10:18 AM
No murder mysteries. Tedious and not very entertaining.

Speaking of murder, if you include Jack the Ripper, please, for the love of all that's holy, don't make him an Assassin nor a Templar. Just make him a mad dog that needs to be put down.

Can we just get over the Assassin robes already? I understand they're "iconic." But by this time period (if indeed not long before), shouldn't they have become more ceremonial and not a public uniform??? If Assassins truly were about stealth, dressing completely at odds with the populace is just asinine. This would also give us more options and variety for fun costumes.

If you're going to give us a long, arduous set of riddles/puzzles, make it worth the time and effort! NOT a reskinned/recolored costume.

Engaging modern day story. We're in Hastings' turf now. It should be ripe for banter.

Improved cover and stealth system. Also improved free running. Sprint should be sprint only. Keep parkour up and down, but he only climbs, jumps, or dives if WE want him to!!! If we get more interiors, have a third button for going through the window.

Double hidden blades.

If co-op stays, how about open world co-op?

My most important request: don't release the game until it's so polished it shines! I'll gladly wait longer.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 10:21 AM
OK, before getting to the OP, I'm gonna say that the whole "oh, you must kill the target in the way the ancestor did" argument is complete garbage. Whichever way I did it, is the way the ancestor did it. If you're going to call that a time paradox, then guess what, every single other variance between two play styles is a time paradox too. Say I kill one more guard in my mission than you. That snuffs out his entire bloodline, meaning hundreds of people descended from him vanish. Literally ANY discrepancy between the ancestor's actions and the player's actions could result in MASSIVELY different outcomes, so unless you're advocating that the game become one long cutscene so every playthrough is just how the ancestor did it, then the argument doesn't hold water.

Anyway... on-topic.

What I want...

-TOTALLY optional modern day. Unity's was meaningless and intrusive. When the game loads, introduce me to the Animus/Helix lore, give me the option to come back to the Helix root menu and dig around in modern stuff if I want, and then never break my immersion in the Helix again unless I choose to exit it through the main menu.

-A well-written, well-paced story that actually takes the time to properly introduce the characters to you and make you actually care about the problems at hand. Yes, this does mean a significantly longer main campaign. Unity's story was the shortest, most boring drivel I've slogged through in any AC game, even though the assassinations themselves were awesome.

-The white room. The flashbacks suck. Death speeches give so much more insight into the characters, and Unity was SORELY lacking in that department. They still need to be introduced and developed a bit before the assassination too, but the white room was epic and needs to come back.

-An older, more experienced, more cerebral Assassin as opposed to the hotheaded punks we've gotten since Altair. Hopefully the family man rumor from last year is true. No revenge, please.

-Martial arts instead of weapons. By this time most melee weapons were totally obsolete, so rather than choosing axe, sword, or spear, I hope we choose judo, taekwondo, or jiujutsu (or whatever). Preferably each with its own skill tree. Same basic concept as multiple weapons (customizable to your playstyle, each with its own set of animations and strengths/weaknesses) it's just that instead of picking a weapon to carry, you pick a style to specialize in. I'm just imagining some slick, fast-paced hand-to-hand combat interspersed with hidden blade moves and possibly a sword cane. Mhm.

-Hidden blade in combat. Not necessarily as its own weapon, but the Assassin should use it in their fighting animations. I mean, if you're unarmed or using a one-handed weapon, why the hell would you not use the freaking 12-inch knife strapped to your off-hand? I loved that Revelations did this in Janissary fights when using a sword. AC3 too, but I'm hoping for a bit more finesse and agility than Connor's sheer brute force.

-Return of customization. Although I want it to be purely cosmetic this time. Stats were just an annoyance to me as I always went with what looked coolest.

What I DON'T want...

-Locked content. Keep your stupid companion app, Initiates, and club competition way the hell away from me. ALL content should be unlockable simply by playing the game without pissing around with outside software or grinding online events.

-Billions of stupid collectibles. Filler does not a fun game make. Unity had over five hundred utterly pointless collectibles (cockades, chests, nomad points, artifacts). That's just unreasonable.

-A ton of samey side missions. I'd rather get a few fun, unique side mission loops (AC4 nailed this with plantations, underwater caves, harpooning, etc.) than a million samey side quests (Unity fumbled with contracts and Paris stories, which were hard to even tell apart from one another). Give me unique stuff like pistol duels, bartitsu fighting, chess, Jack the Ripper investigations, etc. and we'll forgo the obligatory zillion "hi I'm historical character #1331231 and I'd like you to do this for me" quests. And on that note...

-A ton of useless historical figures. I mean, you basically have to give us Jack the Ripper and Queen Victoria herself. Those are basically obligatory. I think it would be cool to go back to the "M and Q" model a la James Bond; one character as a mentor/advisory capacity who gives you your missions, and one who's sort of your friend and field contact and helps you out with technical stuff. We had this once with Lorenzo as "M" and Leonardo as "Q", and I think it worked quite well. Perhaps we could, this time, have the Queen as "M" and Michael Faraday as "Q." Beyond that, keep historical figures to a minimum.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 10:27 AM
Can we just get over the Assassin robes already? I understand they're "iconic." But by this time period (if indeed not long before), shouldn't they have become more ceremonial and not a public uniform??? If Assassins truly were about stealth, dressing completely at odds with the populace is just asinine. This would also give us more options and variety for fun costumes.

If the robes looked more like a retooled trench coat, they'd fit right in while still keeping the long, sweeping robes aesthetic. Only problem is the hood, but they could fix that with the hood toggle we've all been waiting for :rolleyes: I mean, come on, map it to a press of the right stick, and boom. Now that button just re-centers the camera, it's a pointless feature.

Although, I would like to get some headgear options that aren't hoods. I was disappointed we couldn't wear tricorne hats in Unity.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
-Fist fights.Doesn't matter where and how,fist fights.
-I don't know if Unity does,but a very deep stealth.This time period is full 'o guns,so make it the best.
-I don't if this would work,but be able to have a Piece of Eden.Not like Unity did,but like Brotherhood.I loved the sequence where you use the Apple.
-Just for fun,a big conspiracy with Jack the Ripper.Just do it.
-Changing from hood to a top hat oh wait

I might have some other wishes,but I might add them later.

Spikey1989
12-03-2014, 11:12 AM
u guys wanna know a funny thing?

this game has been in development for the last 2 years, and are prob geting rdy for huge testing adding new fetures are prob way down on the list right now :(

Secu12
12-03-2014, 11:19 AM
I agree with what wolfmesiter1010 said, except for co-op. It's good, entertaining and fun to play with firends.

Also, I would like to meet Sherlock Holmes :d.

The new gameplay experienced in Unity is good and I hope they will keep it.

I want them to deliver a full playable game, not in a beta state, with no locked content accesible from web sites, mobile phones etc.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 11:24 AM
If the robes looked more like a retooled trench coat, they'd fit right in while still keeping the long, sweeping robes aesthetic. Only problem is the hood, but they could fix that with the hood toggle we've all been waiting for :rolleyes: I mean, come on, map it to a press of the right stick, and boom. Now that button just re-centers the camera, it's a pointless feature.

Although, I would like to get some headgear options that aren't hoods. I was disappointed we couldn't wear tricorne hats in Unity.

Did you say changing from hood to top hat?'Cause that's happening.Oh......oh yeah.

u guys wanna know a funny thing?

this game has been in development for the last 2 years, and are prob geting rdy for huge testing adding new fetures are prob way down on the list right now :(

You mean Ubi's adding stuff people want?'Cause that seems nice.

I agree with what wolfmesiter1010 said, except for co-op. It's good, entertaining and fun to play with firends.

Also, I would like to meet Sherlock Holmes :d.

But....he doesn't exist.

Rafe Harwood
12-03-2014, 11:25 AM
OK, before getting to the OP, I'm gonna say that the whole "oh, you must kill the target in the way the ancestor did" argument is complete garbage. Whichever way I did it, is the way the ancestor did it. If you're going to call that a time paradox, then guess what, every single other variance between two play styles is a time paradox too. Say I kill one more guard in my mission than you. That snuffs out his entire bloodline, meaning hundreds of people descended from him vanish. Literally ANY discrepancy between the ancestor's actions and the player's actions could result in MASSIVELY different outcomes, so unless you're advocating that the game become one long cutscene so every playthrough is just how the ancestor did it, then the argument doesn't hold water

According to the creed you can believe and do anything you want... but you still do those extra conditions to get the mission 100%. Am I right? ;)

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 11:31 AM
I agree with pretty much all of your points, especially the weather system including fog, mist, rain and snow, more interriors, the ďvillaĒ like location, and I wanna add:

1. Multiple Cities/Towns: London is big and amazing, but I really hope we get to visit and have multiple missions in other cities as well that look drastically different from London. One of the amazing things about ACII was that we could see multiple cities that looked quite different from one another. Iíd love to see that again. Farms, animals, large green land-masses, those are breathtaking and make a great change especially after spending a long time in the big industrial cities.

2. A Better and More Interconnected Story: I loved Arno and Elise, but the ending ruined the experience for me. Something felt a bit off during the whole game, but that was forgivable cause Arno and Elise were wonderful, but the ending totally ruined everything for me, from stuff that happened in the historical story (Elise and Arno) to how irrelevant and shallow the modern day story was, not to mention the ďweíll call you if we need youĒ line during the credits. I was like ďSeriously? if you call, I ainít picking upĒ.

I wanna see a proper out-of-Animus modern day. This whole ďyouĒ in modern day thing has proven to be a big let down to many. The time anomalies were great but they were nothing more than a bridge, no story, no information, and not even enough time to see the place. They built a beautiful Eiffel Tower and a modern looking setting, it really isnít that hard to put a modern day character in 3rd person and have us explore his/her story gradually throughout the games. It doesnít have to be larger than life, it just needs to be good enough of a reason to use the Animus/Helix and something that keeps growing.

3. Focus on the Creed and the Order: Letís focus on the Assassins and the Templars and please, letís not do the whole big conflict thing again. Itís promising that weíre in the Victorian Era where there wasnít much of a revolution or big event, but letís just not focus on historical figures more than the Assassins themselves. Iím tired of seeing Assassins and Templars solving a mainstream historical conflict. I wanna see the gameís mythology set against a historical background, not history or a few mechanics in gameplay like co-op or customization and crowds being everything the game has to offer.

4. Nikola Tesla!

5. Better Melee Combat System: letís expand the hand to hand combined and not just rely on guns or swords. Assassins do parkour and perform the Leap of Faith, but they canít do proper hand-to-hand combat other than simple punching? letís work on improving that. Acrobatic moves are awesome and they fit being a lean and skilled Assassin.

Secu12
12-03-2014, 11:32 AM
But....he doesn't exist.

I know. But neither the protagonist ;).

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 11:36 AM
I know. But neither the protagonist ;).

Yeah, but Ubisoft invented him. They can't just rip off another fictional character and stick him in their game.

According to the creed you can believe and do anything you want... but you still do those extra conditions to get the mission 100%. Am I right? ;)

Not really. I used to, and I started to in Unity, but I lost interest. Completion doesn't mean that much to me anymore.

VestigialLlama4
12-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Yeah, but Ubisoft invented him. They can't just rip off another fictional character and stick him in their game.

They gave us French-Ezio in Unity, we can now look forward to English-Ezio (though Haytham kind of was that already).

-A ton of useless historical figures. I mean, you basically have to give us Jack the Ripper and Queen Victoria herself. Those are basically obligatory. I think it would be cool to go back to the "M and Q" model a la James Bond; one character as a mentor/advisory capacity who gives you your missions, and one who's sort of your friend and field contact and helps you out with technical stuff. We had this once with Lorenzo as "M" and Leonardo as "Q", and I think it worked quite well. Perhaps we could, this time, have the Queen as "M" and Michael Faraday as "Q." Beyond that, keep historical figures to a minimum.

I say put more historical figures than ever before in a setting. Keep it side missions if need be, but if I am not interacting with a fully-rendered Lewis Carroll(regardless if he's a Sage/Inventor/Mission Giver/Or simply a cool guy) or others in that period, in cutscenes, than a Victorian London game is less than worthless. There's no point putting this much effort in building a setting if you don't give immersion into that time period and the kind of people in that age. If I want an AC game, I'll go play AC1 when the Assassins were an actual historical organization, after that they are metaphors.

Anyone who thinks the Franchise can avoid the historical element or the gump-factor has no idea why these games are great. The fact that AC3 didn't handle it well is no reason to try again and do it right.

It’s promising that we’re in the Victorian Era where there wasn’t much of a revolution or big event, but let’s just not focus on historical figures more than the Assassins themselves. I’m tired of seeing Assassins and Templars solving a mainstream historical conflict.

I'm tired that they don't do that enough, that is the only way the Assassin-Versus-Templars conflict has any meaning, to them to actually engage and work behind the scenes of historical events we can relate to. Otherwise, the mythology is, to use my favorite British phrase, "stuff and nonsense". It's why the Renaissance games worked, why Black Flag worked, and why AC3, flawed as it is, is still the most ambitious game in the series.

1. Multiple Cities/Towns: London is big and amazing, but I really hope we get to visit and have multiple missions in other cities as well that look drastically different from London. One of the amazing things about ACII was that we could see multiple cities that looked quite different from one another. I’d love to see that again. Farms, animals, large green land-masses, those are breathtaking and make a great change especially after spending a long time in the big industrial cities.

Well in Italy, the thing is those different towns and cities all had really special architecture and monuments, they all had something unique to it. Whereas in 19th Century England, Manchester, Liverpool or Edinburgh are not exactly the same but they are not all that drastically different from London the way Florence and Venice are. I agree with you, though, that the road trip aspect of AC2 was the best part (you actually felt like you travelled all the way from Florence to Venice).

Ideally if they set this in the Elizabethan Times or in the Industrial Revolution(which happened earlier), they could have shown the movement from towns to cities. But Victorian England was very centralized in London.

m4r-k7
12-03-2014, 12:47 PM
Okay. Let me say, yes its a similar era but I am hyped (obviousily, damn you Ubisoft) for Victorian London.
I knew it was coming and actually thought they would make it after Unity due to the reuse of assets in terms of building structures etc.
The city of London looks magnificent from that viewpoint, like properly stunning - it almost looks like a painting with the view of industrial London being shown, along with those yellow street lights.
Now this is the most modern AC game we have had, which although at first glimpse I was annoyed about, it seems like Quebec have given us the grappling hook (which if implemented well and bug-free could be a fantastic addition, although I don't know how it fits the Victorian England theme) and fighting on top of carriages and trains (just cause 2 style?)

Now I pretty much expect this to drop in 2016 as Ubisoft will not want the game to release in the same state as Unity. I have faith that a new studio can give us a different feel to the game perhaps, and a more polished experienced. I read a while ago that they moved development to Quebec to allow for more testing etc so maybe we will get a more polished game.

I want an awesome English Assassin. I don't want much emphasis on guns, 1 or 2 guns is fine.
If they manage to implement Unity's succesful elements and improve them slightly, and give us an awesome London (with better weather effects - I want intense fog and rain), and smaller crowds (as they get annoying and are un needed) I will be extremely happy. Hopefully accessible interiors will return along with a fantastic story.

And lastly, AC Victory is a fantastic name, especially due to the fact its set in the Victorian Era.

Im kind of sad this has leaked so early, but damn im hyped right now, England has been on my list since I started the franchise!

LASTLY......TOP HATS (YES VICTORIAN LONDON = COOLEST FASHION EVER)

eagleforlife1
12-03-2014, 01:50 PM
All I have to add is that as Charing Cross railway station is in the game the year is at least 1864, I suspect significantly later as it would be odd to leave Jack the Ripper untouched.

king-hailz
12-03-2014, 02:06 PM
My wish list.

Bring back white room scenes, they add to the character and give him depth.
Use watchdogs stealth system exactly.
have different animations for the weapons, so that long swords, axes and massive hammers to use the same animations.
Make use of the grappling hook properly.
A much better story!
Bring back modern day in a good way.
side missions that are more fun.
Make the main character better.
Have better outfit customization with choice of custom colours.
Better main villain.
Make sure it's finished completely.

I also want no other games in the future to have British accents after this and nothing to do with brits anymore... I'm sick of them in AC.

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 02:17 PM
I'm tired that they don't do that enough, that is the only way the Assassin-Versus-Templars conflict has any meaning, to them to actually engage and work behind the scenes of historical events we can relate to. Otherwise, the mythology is, to use my favorite British phrase, "stuff and nonsense". It's why the Renaissance games worked, why Black Flag worked, and why AC3, flawed as it is, is still the most ambitious game in the series.

But you see, Unity’s promo campaign made you feel like it’s all about the revolution and it wasn’t, so it was kinda confusing and raised expectations in a different way. ACIII, I love that game so much and I adore Ezio’s trilogy. I just want us to have something about the Assassins, mainly. Unity wasn’t. Arno didn’t feel like an Assassin, not for a second, and neither did Edward nor even Shay which kinda didn’t make it so surprising that he switched later.

How about something like Altair? someone born within the Creed, to the extent that you feel brainwashed by the Creed, and eventually you start seeing the bigger picture. To me, I can pick a history book or any movie and know so much about that era (if I haven’t already) but what I care for the most is the fictional story set against that backdrop and feeding on the possibilities of that time and place. To me, First Civ. secrets and artifacts, conspiracy theories which we think are just “fantasy” turning out to be real in the games, modern day story, glyphs and puzzles, the Assassins and Templars and their question for domination using their own means rather than just politics, that’s what I’m personally after.

This is basically the type of story that I cannot predict. I’d rather have a game about Sumerians (Ancient Iraq) where the writers have a lot of room for innovation due to information not being so concrete, than having a story about Saddam Hussein being a Templar (modern day Iraq) which I basically know how it begins and how it ends.

Well in Italy, the thing is those different towns and cities all had really special architecture and monuments, they all had something unique to it. Whereas in 19th Century England, Manchester, Liverpool or Edinburgh are not exactly the same but they are not all that drastically different from London the way Florence and Venice are. I agree with you, though, that the road trip aspect of AC2 was the best part (you actually felt like you travelled all the way from Florence to Venice).

Ideally if they set this in the Elizabethan Times or in the Industrial Revolution(which happened earlier), they could have shown the movement from towns to cities. But Victorian England was very centralized in London.

I agree with you that the places were so similar to one another. But maybe they can take us to a farm or something? like I’ve been to London many times, the city is all crowded and old-looking which makes me feel like it’s gonna be stunning in this game, but I wanna see something like outskirts, the old abandoned castles perhaps. Some exploration like the Romulus Lairs of AC:B. I don’t know how we can accomplish that. But as you send, the sense of traveling from one place to another in ACII and ACI was priceless. So perhaps we could visit or explore some ancient site that is far from London and discover a First Civ. temple beneath it. I wish they bring those back. First Civ. Temples are the best locations in the games, ugh love the architecture!

DA SHIZZLE IG
12-03-2014, 02:19 PM
I just want multi-player baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!! old school london would be a perfect setting for death matches.

Make jack the ripper a character in multi-player(not no DLC BULL CRAP).

Oh yeah, modern day play!!! It's about time that is brought back and make it a bit more longer. Tired of walking around abstergo industries fixing computers like a big ol nerd. It was cool and a new twist for AC4 but we didn't need this in the new games again.

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 02:22 PM
Jack The Ripper is a perfect candidate for the new version of Murder Mysteries. I don’t want him to be another Templar. He could be some new version of Marquis De Sade, but not the main villain. Just an insanely smart and insanely barbaric guy. I wanna see Nikola Tesla. God, why isn’t anyone bringing him up?!

DA SHIZZLE IG
12-03-2014, 02:30 PM
Jack The Ripper is a perfect candidate for the new version of Murder Mysteries. I don’t want him to be another Templar. He could be some new version of Marquis De Sade, but not the main villain. Just an insanely smart and insanely barbaric guy. I wanna see Nikola Tesla. God, why isn’t anyone bringing him up?!
I was just about to say that. They should make Sherlock holmes an assassin too. It would explain why he was so good. I know that he was not a real person and just based off of a really good detective. But still........ They could make him actually real and make it that he just vanished after he joined the order. Then say they made his real life adventures into stories to cover up the truth. Like they used the apple of eden on all of london and nobody remembers him lol.

Tesla is going to be the davinchi(however you spell it) of the game. They should make edison a templar. Come to think of it, in AC4 the did show tesla in a pic using a piece of the apple for his experiments. I think edison was working for the templars and they shut tesla down.

VestigialLlama4
12-03-2014, 02:39 PM
I agree with you that the places were so similar to one another. But maybe they can take us to a farm or something? like I’ve been to London many times, the city is all crowded and old-looking which makes me feel like it’s gonna be stunning in this game, but I wanna see something like outskirts, the old abandoned castles perhaps. Some exploration like the Romulus Lairs of AC:B. I don’t know how we can accomplish that. But as you send, the sense of traveling from one place to another in ACII and ACI was priceless. So perhaps we could visit or explore some ancient site that is far from London and discover a First Civ. temple beneath it. I wish they bring those back. First Civ. Temples are the best locations in the games, ugh love the architecture!

There's Stonehenge, so you can always have a Tomb level there, you know hopping from one column to another, something you can't really dream of doing in real-life.

By the way there are Mithras Temples underground in London, one of which was discovered in the 20th Century. Mithras was a deity worshipped by Roman Soldiers who had colonized England and they built temples there. And London has deep sewers. You know UNITY had a lot of missed opportunities as well, there was a Jupiter Temple below Notre Dame for instance but then missed opportunity is the true title of that game.

I wanna see Nikola Tesla. God, why isn’t anyone bringing him up?!

Was he in England at the time? England had Michael Faraday, the great inventor(and one of Einstein's favorites).

Make jack the ripper a character in multi-player

I am finding people's obsession with Jack the Ripper creepy. Whoever that person(s) was, he murdered five poor unarmed women and removed their organs after killing them for no real reason. I mean I can understand people's obsession with Guy Fawkes, that dude was, as the English say, "the last man to walk into Parliament with honorable intentions". Why the hell does anyone want to play him as him in multiplayer. The whole point of Alan Moore's book FROM HELL is the fact that whatever conspiracy people come up with, whatever new suspect they dream up, at the end of the day the only important fact is that five women died simply because the society saw them as scum and they had no one to turn to.

Jack The Ripper is a perfect candidate for the new version of Murder Mysteries. I don’t want him to be another Templar. He could be some new version of Marquis De Sade, but not the main villain. Just an insanely smart and insanely barbaric guy.

If they want to do a Ripper story, they should do one truthfully, the Assassin hero finds all the clues, gets close but then gets beaten up, tied and trapped and the Ripper laughs at his helplessness while boasting from outside that he's had his fun and will go back to society, getting away scott-free. That is the reality of what happened. I hated L. A. Noire for giving people this false sense of satisfaction that they found out the real people who killed the black dahlia.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 02:39 PM
My Wishlist:

- An engaging story that furthers the overarching narrative.
- A protagonist that isn't too serious/stoic that they're considered "Boring". -__-
- A protagonist that isn't too funny/charismatic that they're considered an "Ezio Clone". -__-
- A polished game. Nuff said.
- MD that actually matters.
- Customization that beats Unity.
- ( Like I care that much) Ambient music. http://soundcloud.com/sarahschachner/london
- Jesper Kyd & Lorne Balfe return to compose the Soundtrack.
- Victorian London serves purpose
- Interesting Templars
- Encouraged Stealth
- Meaningful sidequests.
- Protagonist has a different motivation. ( No more Revenge/Redemption storylines)
- Return of White Room
- Interesting figures like Jack the Ripper ( Murder mystery, of course.), Nikola tesla, Sherlock Holmes, etc.
- More weapons with different animations.

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 02:40 PM
I was just about to say that. They should make Sherlock holmes an assassin too. It would explain why he was so good. I know that he was not a real person and just based off of a really good detective. But still........ They could make him actually real and make it that he just vanished after he joined the order. Then say they made his real life adventures into stories to cover up the truth. Like they used the apple of eden on all of london and nobody remembers him lol.

Tesla is going to be the davinchi(however you spell it) of the game. They should make edison a templar. Come to think of it, in AC4 the did show tesla in a pic using a piece of the apple for his experiments. I think edison was working for the templars and they shut tesla down.

YES! that’s exactly what I’m saying. I wish he becomes the Da Vinci of ACV, with just as deep of a role as that of Leonardo in ACII. Not just some random side character. I want the focus to be there. Not just on infiltrating palaces and killing kings. Let’s see the science as well. I’m interested in that and the POE.

The Sherlock Holmes thing is great and very interesting and same goes of Edison being a Templar, who’s ideas were eventually used to instead of Tesla’s, as the latter wanted to give us free energy which the elitists (Templars) didn’t want since they wanna control people with Edison’s ways. But i don’t know if they’ll use Sherlock Holmes, cause the man is like someone else’s work of fiction. Can they obtain the rights to use him?

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I thought Tesla was Russian and lived in the US for most of his life?

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 02:46 PM
There's Stonehenge, so you can always have a Tomb level there, you know hopping from one column to another, something you can't really dream of doing in real-life.

Perfect. Now how the HELL did I forget that?! thank you. I’m an avid follower of Ancient Aliens and I know how AC’s First Civ. mythology is heavily inspired by those theories. So I really hope that they don’t waste Stonehenge this time.

By the way there are Mithras Temples underground in London, one of which was discovered in the 20th Century. Mithras was a deity worshipped by Roman Soldiers who had colonized England and they built temples there. And London has deep sewers. You know UNITY had a lot of missed opportunities as well, there was a Jupiter Temple below Notre Dame for instance but then missed opportunity is the true title of that game.

That too is an excellent thing to add to the game. I’m actually praying that the game does focus on these stuff and doesn’t end up being too personal or too political. I personally play these games for the fictional story because that’s what I cannot know in real life books and movies and those places scream “FIRST CIV!"

Was he in England at the time? England had Michael Faraday, the great inventor(and one of Einstein's favorites). If they want to do a Ripper story, they should do one truthfully, the Assassin hero finds all the clues, gets close but then gets beaten up, tied and trapped and the Ripper laughs at his helplessness while boasting from outside that he's had his fun and will go back to society, getting away scott-free. That is the reality of what happened. I hated L. A. Noire for giving people this false sense of satisfaction that they found out the real people who killed the black dahlia.

I don’t know where Tesla was, but yet I don’t know when exactly the game is set except that it’s the Victorian Era. We also don’t know the span of the game’s events. I hope it’s many years. In The Order 1886, they game will feature Tesla, so I’m assuming he was there in London during that period. They can also make Tesla visit London anytime as AC has the tendency to change stuff in favor of the story and explain it by “ANIMUS!”.

I’m not too fond of Jack The Ripper’s appearance. But if it happens, like you said, I want it to be done right.

GoldenBoy9999
12-03-2014, 02:46 PM
And for anyone that didn't' know, Edison was a Templar and he owned an apple of eden as well.

DA SHIZZLE IG
12-03-2014, 03:08 PM
And for anyone that didn't' know, Edison was a Templar and he owned an apple of eden as well.
That's what I thought, just wasn't sure. This could possibly make it's way into the game. lol, we're gonna assassinate edison's ol thieving azz.

Perk89
12-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Haven't played Unity yet, but I heard they removed a lot of great combat features that should never have gone anywhere. I'd like to see those return or get replaced by something just as great.

additionally, Christmas. I'd like to see Christmas decorations go up when winter comes. I think it would be awesome. Unrealistic not to have them anyways.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 05:33 PM

Dude.....why Holmes,though?AC always tries to be historically accurate,and we all know he's a fictional character.It's obvious he's not in the game,I'm just wondering...why do you want him in there?

melbye82
12-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Jesper Kyd

Goxxi
12-03-2014, 05:45 PM
I thought Tesla was Russian and lived in the US for most of his life?

Nikola Tesla was Serbian , Serbian born in Croatia to be precise , but as far as I know he never lived in London nor he spent any part of his lifetime there , after he left his homeland he lived in Prague and Budapest before he moved to New York.

ChiberianWinter
12-03-2014, 05:51 PM
I made a separate thread about this so sorry if I'm being annoying/redundant but I think it would be interesting if we saw the Templars wipe out the Assassin Order in this game. Essentially every other game has seen the opposite happen, so why not something new for a change of pace?

Other than that, I hope there isn't too much of an emphasis on technology. We'll see!

Rajalia
12-03-2014, 05:53 PM
I'm not big on the PvP elements. Though i think BOTH PvP and Co-Ops should still be available. A game has more replayability for me when it includes co-ops. I personally have very positive experiences in Unity with it when I did it.

I would like to see more back story. I get that out of the gate you want the mystery of who you are outside of the Animus but after Desmond it really felt disconnected. Desmond was kind of like the Neo. A true bloodline path within the assassins that had direct contact with the Apple for example. And as you learn more about Desmond you actually cared a bit more or maybe at least were sucked in to the story.

The last one gave off clues, specifically with the goddess attempting to possess you that could make one think you were a woman. Unity really gave you nothing beyond being some person hit up by the assassin's to do their grunt work. Just a wrong place, wrong time person who just happened to be playing in the right/wrong memory.

Granted Ubi claims they've had this grand plot planned out for some time, but I kind of feel like as Desmond's story came to an end, there's no real clear concept of where they're going now that there isn't the end of the world to play off of. Now it seems all about tracking Sage's through time... but why? The last game it was pretty obvious... said present day Sage wanted Juno to come back. Ruined that plan. Sage dead... so....

If I'm wrong please feel free to give points of view that might be insightful. but overall I'd like to see:

Sizeable co-op / PvP opportunities that can tie in to SP resources like uinity did.
Quality SP story with a bit more clarity and purpose
Definable character one can associate with again
An upgradable property like the Villa again.
More exploration options / transportation. (Horse, boat, etc)

Reduced presence/necessity of online app/web integration. (Ex. Unity App, Initiates Web tie-in, uPlay) WAY too much and overkill, espeicially when sync issue started cropping up. Personally find uPlay a waste when things could just be unlockables within the game. Separate Game app has been decent in the past but maybe needs refinement for stability when not playing side by side. Eliminate the site like Inititiates... again there was no reason this couldn't have been built in as unlockables within the game.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 05:55 PM
I made a separate thread about this so sorry if I'm being annoying/redundant but I think it would be interesting if we saw the Templars wipe out the Assassin Order in this game. Essentially every other game has seen the opposite happen, so why not something new for a change of pace?

Other than that, I hope there isn't too much of an emphasis on technology. We'll see!

That happened in Rogue.It's a big change of pace,I mean,you play as a Templar.That's really different.

SlyTrooper
12-03-2014, 06:00 PM
I haven't even finished Unity & this has already been leaked?!? In a way I'm glad because I can stay hyped for AC, but I did want them to go back in time. Oh well. This setting still looks cool.

JustPlainQuirky
12-03-2014, 06:03 PM
Please allow friendly fire. I want to be able to shoot, swordfight, punch, and push my friends off buildings.

And how about a mode where you and 3 friends can fight off another brotherhood? (and maybe theyre reskinned as templars)

And a game where you chase your friends across paris like a game of tag. its fun :3

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 06:11 PM
I'd love to wear Shay's outfit in Victorian London... :p

Also shoot down my friends while in it. :rolleyes:

egriffin09
1. I would like ambient music back. But I think they removed ambient music in Unity because it would have been too much going on between all the npc's talking, screaming, running, random gunshots. Honestly I think adding ambient music to Unity would have been just a cluster of too many sounds.

2. I would like them to actually reduce the number of NPC's in AC:Victory, but keep the same alive feeling of Paris. Because I for one thought Paris felt like an actual city rather than a set piece for a game.

3. Have a interesting mix of the game being about the historic period & the main character.

4. Have present day be a mindf***, but also make sense.

I didn't bother to include things I know they will improve on like controls and stealth.

ChiberianWinter
@MakimotoJin yea I know about Rogue, but I'd rather see the Order Crumple from an inside perspective and experience the character's agony as he sees the order he has committed his life to is put in ruin. Also, Connor and Assassins get the last laugh about 15 years later anyway.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 06:19 PM
@MakimotoJin yea I know about Rogue, but I'd rather see the Order Crumple from an inside perspective and experience the character's agony as he sees the order he has committed his life to is put in ruin. Also, Connor and Assassins get the last laugh about 15 years later anyway.

You're a bit sadist,huh?Why have the protagonist fail?If he's the good guy,why not let the bad guys fall.And if you're talking about what happens later,then we shouldn't care about Edward's story,since the Assassins fall before Connor rebuilds everything and,in fact,no historical story should matter.The Templars are laughing now,in the MD.

JustPlainQuirky
12-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Also, pls have more things to do when inside buildings.

It would be nice to be able to sit on furniture to blend in or turn a lamp on/off etc.

I'd love to wear Shay's outfit in Victorian London... :p

Also shoot down my friends while in it. :rolleyes:

Amen.

Xstantin
12-03-2014, 06:24 PM
Also, pls have more things to do when inside buildings.

Unity had Arno looking up the books on the shelves in some memory, so I guess something like that will be back if they follow the template (plus, Murder clues and all that).

ChipFoamy
12-03-2014, 06:25 PM
Wishlist item

Springheel Jack Boots

ShadoeKat
12-03-2014, 06:28 PM
- Choice hood up or down.
- Weapons in chests or dlc be more powerful.
- Custom outfits again...maybe mix our own colors.
- If there are co-op missions that play solo, adjust finish times...Unity The Tournament sucks solo.
- Mobile companion app, nope.
- Deeper longer missions.
- still make it our choice on how we approach a mission.
- Get Initiates ready for the game and allow the ability to add ALL my collection..no matter where purchased.

ChiberianWinter
12-03-2014, 06:29 PM
I'm just saying, we've never had an era in where the Templars have won. The Crusade-era Levant, Renaissance Italy, Colonial Americas, and Revolutionary France are all places where the Assassins have "won" their battle with the Templars, but in the modern day the Templars are waaaay more powerful than the Assassins. Since we're close enough to modern day as it is, this could be the game that shows how the Templars finally got the upperhand over the Assassins.

Besides, why does our protagonist have to be a perfect killing machine? Assassins are people too, they fail.

As far the the protag Assassin being THE good guy, that's not always the case. You could definitely argue that for 90% of Black Flag Laureno Torres is a much more morally just man than Edward Kenway is. You can even argue that Haytham in AC3 isn't morally corrupt and has more of a point to fight for his cause than his son does. In Unity, de la Serre isn't shown to be bad whatsoever.

JustPlainQuirky
12-03-2014, 06:30 PM
-read books from bookshelf
-sit on couch
-sleep on beds
-sit at table

I eventually want the franchise to have as much interactions as something like the sims but this would satisfy me for now.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 06:32 PM
I'm just saying, we've never had an era in where the Templars have won. The Crusade-era Levant, Renaissance Italy, Colonial Americas, and Revolutionary France are all places where the Assassins have "won" their battle with the Templars, but in the modern day the Templars are waaaay more powerful than the Assassins. Since we're close enough to modern day as it is, this could be the game that shows how the Templars finally got the upperhand over the Assassins.

Besides, why does our protagonist have to be a perfect killing machine? Assassins are people too, they fail.

As far the the protag Assassin being THE good guy, that's not always the case. You could definitely argue that for 90% of Black Flag Laureno Torres is a much more morally just man than Edward Kenway is. You can even argue that Haytham in AC3 isn't morally corrupt and has more of a point to fight for his cause than his son does. In Unity, de la Serre isn't shown to be bad whatsoever.

Well,that's up to debate,but you're right.The Industrial era might be the point where the Templars start stomping on the hooded murderers.I mean,top hat wearing murderers.

ChiberianWinter
12-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Oh, it would also be nice if Ubi doesn't spoil the game for us in some instances. For example, when looking at the unlockable outfits in Unity, it says you can unlock Pierre's outfit in sequence 7 memory 3. It makes it so obvious that Pierre dies in sequence 7 and not only that, one could definitely see his betrayal from a mile away knowing that fact

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Oh, it would also be nice if Ubi doesn't spoil the game for us in some instances. For example, when looking at the unlockable outfits in Unity, it says you can unlock Pierre's outfit in sequence 7 memory 3. It makes it so obvious that Pierre dies in sequence 7 and not only that, one could definitely see his betrayal from a mile away knowing that fact

Just like in Rogue as well.
The Versailles outfit.The description even says "Acquired after completing the game.A set of fashionable clothes for the Versailles court."

ChiberianWinter
12-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Yea i mean, Victorian England is the world's last great empire, so Templar doings in London can reverberate around the world and have these massive implications for the worldwide Assassins.

btw, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on what I said. Maybe in another thread

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Yea i mean, Victorian England is the world's last great empire, so Templar doings in London can reverberate around the world and have these massive implications for the worldwide Assassins.

btw, I wouldn't mind hearing your thoughts on what I said. Maybe in another thread

I love the Templars.I wouldn't mind seeing them fully destroy the Assassins.These are my thoughts.
Also,when was Abstergo founded?Seeing them in both MD and historical days would be cool.

Kaschra
12-03-2014, 06:46 PM
I love the Templars.I wouldn't mind seeing them fully destroy the Assassins.These are my thoughts.
Also,when was Abstergo founded?Seeing them in both MD and historical days would be cool.
As far as I recall, Abstergo itself was founded in 1937

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 06:49 PM
As far as I recall, Abstergo itself was founded in 1937

Dang it.Well,maybe in 2016?AC in WW2.
Assassin's Creed:Call of Duty

TheBearJew32
12-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Clean up HUD and weapon wheel clutter
make poison/berserk darts much less abundant, like only be able to carry one at a time (or get rid of them all together)

Oh and don't spit Uplay/Initiates/Micro-transactions content in my face this time. Tank Yu Come 'gain

andrew_m50
12-03-2014, 07:26 PM
1. Much longer main sequences!
How dare they make sequences which contain only 2-3 memories? You call this "main story", Ubisoft?

2. Glyphs...with a big First Civilization surprise at the end!
Nostradamus engimas are quite good, I think. Finding those signs in Paris is quite a big challenge but...what the hell? It's just an other idiot outfit I can unlock with solving the enigmas? Aren't there enough outfits to wear?

3. Go on with The Phoenix Project!
After failing to launch the Eye Abstergo in 2012, creating the DNA of a First Civilization member is quite a good target for the templars. Go on with John's blood, bring back Juno (and/or other First Civilization members), and make playable missions in order to sabotage The Phoenix Project.

4. Locations connected to the First Civilization to explore!
Stonehenge, new Vaults beneath London, etc.

5. Introduce new Piece(s) of Eden!

6. Bring back the last words of the victims!

VoXngola
12-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I totally agree with winter. It has got to be there. Man that would make the game comfy. I can already imagine it.

Also, this should be a no brainer: Actual day and night cycles like previous games used to have. I still don't understand why Unity didn't have them.

Also,

AMBIENT MUSIC. UBISOFT QUEBEC READ THIS!

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 07:49 PM
In case no one saw what I wrote:

My Wishlist:

- A protagonist that isn't too serious/stoic that they're considered "Boring". -__-
- A protagonist that isn't too funny/charismatic that they're considered an "Ezio Clone". -__-
- ( Like I care that much) Ambient music. http://soundcloud.com/sarahschachner/london
- Jesper Kyd & Lorne Balfe return to compose the Soundtrack.
- Interesting Templars
- Encouraged Stealth
- Meaningful sidequests.
- Protagonist has a different motivation. ( No more Revenge/Redemption storylines)
- Return of White Room
- Interesting figures like Jack the Ripper ( Murder mystery, of course.), Nikola tesla, Sherlock Holmes, etc.

JustPlainQuirky
12-03-2014, 07:54 PM
In case no one saw what I wrote:

- Lorne Balfe return to compose the Soundtrack.
- Interesting Templars
- Meaningful sidequests.
- Interesting figures like Jack the Ripper ( Murder mystery, of course.), Nikola tesla etc.

Could not agree more <3

wvstolzing
12-03-2014, 07:58 PM
1. No companion app, please.
2. Stonehenge (where the demons dwell, / Where the banshees live and they do live well)

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 08:13 PM
Good bloody side missions. Make sure they're varied and we are always doing the same damn thing seventy times. Instead of having a few sets of side missions with a ton of overly similar and simplistic missions in them, have lots of different types of side missions with 5 or 6 missions within each. So that every side mission type is refined and polished AND we have a variety of things to do. So instead of seventy London stories (if they're going to do that) there's 5-6 high quality ones, 5-6 high quality murder mysteries (if they're going to do them again) - you get want I mean. Variety and quality over quantity.

crusader_prophet
12-03-2014, 09:00 PM
My wish is that this game be not released next year and be a huge leap forward compared to previous entries, i am tired of seeing incremental progress every year. And story, story, story, story......focus on it!!!

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 09:03 PM
And story, story, story, story......focus on it!!!

In what aspect? MD?

crusader_prophet
12-03-2014, 09:14 PM
In what aspect? MD?

What is MD?

I meant in both meta plot and ancestral memories. I have few nice ideas how to make AC games more rewarding...but don't think UbiSoft will listen to them.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 09:19 PM
What is MD?

Haha, fair point. XD

I meant in both meta plot and ancestral memories. I have few nice ideas how to make AC games more rewarding...but don't think UbiSoft will listen to them.

PM, me sometime. I'm intrigued to hear.

And I disagree. Pre-Unity, I think the Ancestor stories keep getting better and better.

crusader_prophet
12-03-2014, 09:29 PM
And I disagree. Pre-Unity, I think the Ancestor stories keep getting better and better.

Sorry, I meant to say the present day story got a bit of a drag after AC III, however I liked the closure of what started in Black Flag with Rogue.

PedroAntonio2
12-03-2014, 09:36 PM
What I want :

-Keep the stealth system from ACU, but improve the cover system. And add something to attract the guards to your location, that little bomb doesn't work all the time.

- Keep the combat system.

- Keep the customization, but add more things.

- A great storyline, with conspirancy, mistery and an emotional plot. With a solid and well-written ending...

- MD STORYLINE FOR CHRIST' SAKE...I want a new modern-day protagonist

What I don't want :

- Me as protagonist

- Initiates and Companion App

- Since we are at the ending of XIX century and back then they had revolvers and rifles, avoid gunfighting, use it only to encourage Stealth.

- Microtransictions

- The protagonist being a Ezio-Clone.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Sorry, I meant to say the present day story got a bit of a drag after AC III, however I liked the closure of what started in Black Flag with Rogue.

Oh, Okay.

Well in that regard, I agree. ^^

SlyTrooper
12-03-2014, 10:59 PM
So since the leak said that the main character ("Sam"?) put on a hat when going into blend in a crowd, maybe that means we will have different ways of playing stealth. So maybe if we want to play social stealth we can use the hat & if not we can use the hood? Also, I assume this means he's part of the upperclass. Hopefully he'll be a character who was born into the brotherhood & was not seperated like Arno. I would also like a more serious character. He could be relaxed when not on missions but become really focused when on an assassination.

Perk89
12-03-2014, 11:07 PM
So since the leak said that the main character ("Sam"?) put on a hat when going into blend in a crowd, maybe that means we will have different ways of playing stealth. So maybe if we want to play social stealth we can use the hat & if not we can use the hood? Also, I assume this means he's part of the upperclass. Hopefully he'll be a character who was born into the brotherhood & was not seperated like Arno. I would also like a more serious character. He could be relaxed when not on missions but become really focused when on an assassination.

Id like to see the source for the "family-man" rumors that have swirled around the forum. I think that's an excellent idea and is a nice step away from the single man joining the Assassins for whatever reason we've become accustomed to.

Give us an older guy who has to go out and perform his duties in the thick of the night, come home and pretend like everything is okay, and do it all again the next evening.

if it's true, the family needs to be involved in his life. Don't let them be a sideshow to his assassin responsibilities. Let us see a guy trying to balance family and duty.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Id like to see the source for the "family-man" rumors that have swirled around the forum. I think that's an excellent idea and is a nice step away from the single man joining the Assassins for whatever reason we've become accustomed to.

Give us an older guy who has to go out and perform his duties in the thick of the night, come home and pretend like everything is okay, and do it all again the next evening.

if it's true, the family needs to be involved in his life. Don't let them be a sideshow to his assassin responsibilities. Let us see a guy trying to balance family and duty.

I think I probably one of the people that brought that up.

And yeah, a family man dynamic would be nice with a working man that tries to balance his duty with family.

I personally want him to be something like Nikolai.

JustPlainQuirky
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Oh and I'd like every side mission to have a cutscene to add context and character development.

Like AC3's homestead missions

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 11:36 PM
Oh and I'd like every side mission to have a cutscene to add context and character development.

Agreed.

SlyTrooper
12-03-2014, 11:39 PM
Agreed.

Agreed times two.

Cactiii
12-03-2014, 11:45 PM
I'd like to see fist-fighting and side eject return, and those are the only two major things that I felt were 'really' missing in Unity. I really, really, REALLY want to see them retain the same structure as Unity for the story missions, because I felt that it worked phenomenally.

My #1 vaguely unrealistic dream would be a mission editor, where you can create your own assassinations- you choose the guards and their paths and can add/subtract NPCs and ambient events. Think something along the lines of InFamous 2 or GTAV. If that were added in, I think that the replayability would increase tenfold.

SlyTrooper
12-03-2014, 11:46 PM
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, since I was late to notice this happening, but has anybody noticed that on one of the screens the main character is gaining xp? Maybe they're going the more traditional route of leveling for the new game. Hopefully that means the skills have been more expanded.

wvstolzing
12-03-2014, 11:54 PM
Sorry if someone has already mentioned this, since I was late to notice this happening, but has anybody noticed that on one of the screens the main character is gaining xp? Maybe they're going the more traditional root of leveling for the new game. Hopefully that means the skills have been more expanded.

This is the first time I'm realizing there's a "20 XP" right underneath the minimap on the first screenshot (fistfight on carriage) ... most intriguing.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 11:55 PM
I gotta admit...that HUD is hella sexy.

They need to keep that.

But it'll probably change overtime. -__-

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 12:30 AM
Non-lethal playthrough.

AC 'should' be able to be completed without killing anyone except named targets.

Goxxi
12-04-2014, 12:40 AM
I want :

exciting and intrigant story with alot of conspiracies and twists

memorable and chacterized historical figures of that period

exciting missions and fun gameplay (and strong focus on main story)

return of the glyphs like in AC2 and ACB

some mind blowing First Civilisation vault beneath London or somewhere else

some location or locations outside of London

some mission in L'Orient Express and some sailing mission over La Manche would be cool too

some new and intresting side activities like solving of crimes or betting on horse races

SixKeys
12-04-2014, 01:11 AM

Just make them proper cut scenes. Not just NPCs standing around staring ahead with dead eyes and scratching their butts while talking about something emotional.

rob.davies2014
12-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Trains. I want to see some awesome train gameplay. (And from what we've heard so far it seems we will).
But I mean proper interactive train gameplay; like you can assassinate someone by pushing them onto the rails just before the train comes (a-la House of Cards), you can find a train schedule and then you'll know when your target will be at which station, you can get into the train, or onto the train, you can decouple carriages to isolate your target etc etc.

I want lots of fog which is incorporated into the stealth system.

Sword-cane.

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2014, 01:35 AM
Yeah the Paris stories were great but needed actual cinema tics. I thought it would be more like the e3 presentation in which he had a 15 second cinematic with that old guy

Also, I want them to keep the combat system from Unity but update it, maybe make it a little bit more fencing-like in the animations. And get rid of the weapon streaks. Plox.

Since most of the guards will likely have guns, just scrap the "sniper" enemy archetype entirely. They were annoying in AC4 and even moreso in Unity.

Lastly, keep the cover system but improve it with better accessibility and corner turns. Light/dark and weather based stealth should be incorporated.

ze_topazio
12-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Just make them proper cut scenes. Not just NPCs standing around staring ahead with dead eyes and scratching their butts while talking about something emotional.

Still better than the "You have my ever lasting gratitude sir" thing.

GoldenBoy9999
12-04-2014, 01:47 AM
Trains. I want to see some awesome train gameplay. (And from what we've heard so far it seems we will).
But I mean proper interactive train gameplay; like you can assassinate someone by pushing them onto the rails just before the train comes (a-la House of Cards), you can find a train schedule and then you'll know when your target will be at which station, you can get into the train, or onto the train, you can decouple carriages to isolate your target etc etc.

I want good train gameplay as well. Maybe it will be one of their selling points for the game or have many promo missions that take place in the train station like the Notre Dame. I want them to to take advantage of their technology in this era.

Lastly, keep the cover system but improve it with better accessibility and corner turns. Light/dark and weather based stealth should be incorporated.

Yes, the stealth wasn't the greatest in Unity. As far as I recall, it was pretty good in Watch Dogs so I'd like something similar to that.

This is the first time I'm realizing there's a "20 XP" right underneath the minimap on the first screenshot (fistfight on carriage) ... most intriguing.

Ah yes there is, we have a leveling bar as well. I like this approach more than the sync points. The skills in Unity were not as impressive as I thought they'd be so hopefully this is one of the things that is getting refined.

I think I probably one of the people that brought that up.

And yeah, a family man dynamic would be nice with a working man that tries to balance his duty with family.

I personally want him to be something like Nikolai.

A family man would be great. That's something fairly new at least. It reminds me of Giovanni coming in through the fireplace in Lineage. I loved that.

rob.davies2014
12-04-2014, 01:50 AM
Yeah, I think more fencing-style combat would be great. It was slightly less hack 'n' slash in Unity but could do with refinement.
Proper duelling gameplay would be really cool.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 01:52 AM
Still better than the "You have my ever lasting gratitude sir" thing.

Ugh, that got annoying. -__-

Wolfmeister1010
12-04-2014, 01:54 AM
I really really dig the family man idea. I think that was the story behind "samuel fey". If I remember correctly, he was a somewhat wealthy entrepreneur or inventor or something along those lines and he gets dragged into the assassin and templar conflict in an attempt to keep his family safe.

Maybe his studies uncover something he shouldn't have.. ;D

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 02:14 AM
I really really dig the family man idea. I think that was the story behind "samuel fey". If I remember correctly, he was a somewhat wealthy entrepreneur or inventor or something along those lines and he gets dragged into the assassin and templar conflict in an attempt to keep his family safe.

Maybe his studies uncover something he shouldn't have.. ;D

Hmm...interesting indeed. :)

A family man would be great. That's something fairly new at least. It reminds me of Giovanni coming in through the fireplace in Lineage. I loved that.

Same here.

He can also be your common Assassin that comes home regularly after an Assassination mission realising what he must do each day keep them safe.

I would like that. :cool:

GoldenBoy9999
12-04-2014, 02:29 AM
Same here.

He also be your common Assassin that comes home regularly after an Assassination mission realising what he must do to each day keep them safe.

I would like that. :cool:

I'd like that. Hopefully they could introduce some good storytelling again. I think I could get into some interactions with his family. They can make it entertaining as I find Peter Parker's life very interesting because of how he keeps his identity secret.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 02:40 AM
I'd like that. Hopefully they could introduce some good storytelling again. I think I could get into some interactions with his family.

Agreed. :)

phoenix-force411
12-04-2014, 02:42 AM
Although not thread related, I wanted to share this video of where I replace the track "Ezio's Family" with "A Boy Becomes a Man" from AC: Rogue. I thought it went very well with the opening title of ACB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_d4IjkKM0M

Xstantin
12-04-2014, 02:47 AM
You guys really think the family man scenario can happen? No love for brash and charismatic? ;)

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 02:48 AM
You guys really think the family man scenario can happen? No love for brash and charismatic? ;)

Just add a sex scene and we're good. ;) :rolleyes:

EDIT: Really loving your sig man...what would add greater impact was if Elise was fading in the background or something.

SixKeys
12-04-2014, 02:55 AM
Just add a sex scene and we're good. ;) :rolleyes:

Soooo....incest?

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:01 AM
Soooo....incest?

If it means he'll be a relatable protagonist then why not? ;) :cool:

No, I'm only kidding. That's insane.

I-Like-Pie45
12-04-2014, 03:03 AM
He should be revealed to be an abusive husband and father, and there should be an achievement tied to that as a great social experiment.

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 03:04 AM
This thread took an interesting turn... :rolleyes:

But the protagonist being a man already with a wife and kids would be super interesting.

And before anyone says: but he has to have kids after

He can have more kids.

Xstantin
12-04-2014, 03:05 AM
@Nami, thanks. I'll figure out how to make it better one of these days.
Speaking about incest - remember early Unity expectations? Never happened there. So I doubt it

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 03:05 AM
Soooo....incest?

A sex scene is suggested and your mind goes straight there...

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 03:07 AM
Speaking about incest - remember early Unity expectations? Never happened there. So I doubt it

It's kind of amusing how modern day sensibilities affect the history and such. Both incest and gay/biseaxual subject matter has been prevelent throughout history but you have to kind of look after the masses ;)

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:12 AM
This thread took an interesting turn... :rolleyes:

But the protagonist being a man already with a wife and kids would be super interesting.

And before anyone says: but he has to have kids after

He can have more kids.

The Assassin having a family afterwards thing is getting old.

I would love for Sam to come from an intense mission to his family waiting for him at the dinner table. :rolleyes:

Of course, mate.

And don't remind me. :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 03:14 AM
The Assassin having a family afterwards thing is getting old.

I would love for Sam to come from an intense mission to his family waiting for him at the dinner table. :rolleyes:

Of course, mate.

And don't remind me. :rolleyes:

AAAAAWWWWWWWWW

THAT WOULD BE SOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

DO IT UBISOFT

DO IT RIGHT NOW

dfkjsdkfsdfdg

just imagine you click the button to sit down to eat with your family and then the sequence end prompt comes up eksfhdzkjhfjszd

asdfnjbadsfmbsa,fmb

dfjkhsfhjksahdflsaf

i cant

too cute

dfjskdhfksjflkjsf

SixKeys
12-04-2014, 03:17 AM
A sex scene is suggested and your mind goes straight there...

That's what happens when you hang out on these forums for too long.

Potential Rogue spoiler (haven't played yet, so not sure):

I've heard Otso Berg plays some sort of role in Rogue. He was revealed long ago to be a single dad, I think. Could he appear again in Victory? Maybe some sort of parallel story between two family men, one historical and one modern? They kind of did that with the father-son stuff in AC3.

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 03:18 AM
And then they all die by a Templar conspiracy.I see where this is going

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 03:20 AM

Santa the Templar with Rudolph the lacky!

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:22 AM
AAAAAWWWWWWWWW

THAT WOULD BE SOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE

DO IT UBISOFT

DO IT RIGHT NOW

dfkjsdkfsdfdg

just imagine you click the button to sit down to eat with your family and then the sequence end prompt comes up eksfhdzkjhfjszd

asdfnjbadsfmbsa,fmb

dfjkhsfhjksahdflsaf

i cant

too cute

dfjskdhfksjflkjsf

Ubisoft presents...

Assassin's Creed: Victory :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 03:23 AM
Damn, now I REALLY want a family man character.

I also wanted a protagonist who was a soldier and got screwed over by both assassins and templars by them continuously unintentionally bringing their conflict to his life and so he did what he could just to end the conflict by stopping both sides but this London guy is obviously an assassin so...

maybe next time *sip tea*

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:24 AM

No...we've had enough of that. -__-

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 03:27 AM
No...we've had enough of that. -__-

Ezio's,Arno's,and Elise's parents/parent died because of something related to Templars.
Ubi never knows when something's too much.Even when they know it's too much,then don't care.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:27 AM
That's what happens when you hang out on these forums for too long.

Potential Rogue spoiler (haven't played yet, so not sure):

I've heard Otso Berg plays some sort of role in Rogue. He was revealed long ago to be a single dad, I think. Could he appear again in Victory? Maybe some sort of parallel story between two family men, one historical and one modern? They kind of did that with the father-son stuff in AC3.

Hmm...I could see that.

Though he probably would consider Sam as filth before he could relate to him. :rolleyes:

Ezio's,Arno's,and Elise's parents/parent died because of something related to Templars.
Ubi never knows when something's too much.Even when they know it's too much,then don't care.

Exactly, that's why I don't want it.

At the most, his wife leaves him for unknown reasons. :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 03:31 AM
Hmm...I could see that.

Though he probably would consider Sam as filth before he could relate to him. :rolleyes:

Have you seen Otso in Rogue?He's very Templar.Too Templar.He even questions Haytham's Templarness.Not to mention that in a document,when da Costa threatens his daughter,he simply says "don't do that.I'm a Templar,I'll hunt Assassins.There's no need for that".Plain badass.
He ain't gonna give no damn about a family man.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 03:49 AM
Have you seen Otso in Rogue?He's very Templar.Too Templar.He even questions Haytham's Templarness.Not to mention that in a document,when da Costa threatens his daughter,he simply says "don't do that.I'm a Templar,I'll hunt Assassins.There's no need for that".Plain badass.
He ain't gonna give no damn about a family man.

Fair point...

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Fair point...

I don't think you get it yet.So,next spoiler,please!
At a....introduction with Warren and Otso,he says this:
"-Alright,I'll help you.With one condition.
-And what's that?(read it with Vidic's voice,please.)
-That man,he made my daughter cry.
-I see.Give him the gun.
*pow pow pow,blood splash,screams and stuff*
You should listen to Rogue's documents,since,you know,I can't give the action they do.There's everyone you know and love.And hate.(cough cough Daniel cough)

VestigialLlama4
12-04-2014, 03:58 AM
Damn, now I REALLY want a family man character.

I also wanted a protagonist who was a soldier and got screwed over by both assassins and templars by them continuously unintentionally bringing their conflict to his life and so he did what he could just to end the conflict by stopping both sides but this London guy is obviously an assassin so...

maybe next time *sip tea*

You know I'd love an Assassin's Creed Red Harvest where you get to play both factions against each other.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 04:02 AM
I don't think you get it yet.So,next spoiler,please!
At a....introduction with Warren and Otso,he says this:
"-Alright,I'll help you.With one condition.
-And what's that?(read it with Vidic's voice,please.)
-That man,he made my daughter cry.
-I see.Give him the gun.
*pow pow pow,blood splash,screams and stuff*
You should listen to Rogue's documents,since,you know,I can't give the action they do.There's everyone you know and love.And hate.(cough cough Daniel cough)

Yeah, I understand the kind of man he is...a ruthless mofo.

I like it. :cool:

But I-I liked Daniel. :(

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 04:10 AM
Yeah, I understand the kind of man he is...a ruthless mofo.

I like it. :cool:

But I-I liked Daniel. :(

There,I found it.Oh I think Cross is cool too.I meant it that he seems like a ******** in the documents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBTrkW4SZk
Also,is it me,or does he sound like Rodrigo Borgia?
EDIT:I did not mean that swear.It was just a b-word with hole.That's it.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 04:21 AM
There,I found it.Oh I think Cross is cool too.I meant it that he seems like a ******** in the documents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRBTrkW4SZk
Also,is it me,or does he sound like Rodrigo Borgia?
EDIT:I did not mean that swear.It was just a b-word with hole.That's it.

Somewhat...but him being a descendant of a Viking is interesting. :)

Matt.mc
12-04-2014, 04:39 AM
Replace/Fix -

- Cover System, just copy and paste Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell's, seriously, no one would care.
- Walking through crowds, either give us a gentle push button back or make it easier.
- Parkour down, make it more cinematic like in the e3 demo instead of just basically sliding down the side of a building.
- AI detection, get rid of this detection meter that's been in AC since the beginning, I thought they completely revamped everything in Unity? Yet, so many things like detection are totally copy pasted to Unity. Again, if you're going to copy, copy Splinter Cell's! Where if you're in the line of sight of an enemy the detection wheel comes up, at this point they haven't seen you, but if you stay in that line of sight for too long but then hide again, they look over, say something like, "Did I just see someone?" walk over, inspect, then go back to their patrol. Not go, "OI you bloody piss head! I'll get you!...oh, must've been dreaming..." seriously, it breaks immersion!
- Pop ins, this needs to be fixed, it's just terrible that a new gen game has his amount of pop ins, not just grass and crates and stuff but people as well!.
- Frame rate, duh.
- Buildings and free running. you know how in the old games it was so easy to just free run across thse crates and platforms? yeah that's not as easy in Unity.
- Combat, we're going in the right direction, but I hate how stupid it looks stabbing and slashing a guy to pieces 20-30 times before he dies. Make it that the enemy blocks the attacks and you need to time it right for the precise kill. Have it more fast pace countering like an "actual" sword fight.

Needs to be added -
- AMBIENT MUSIC! I cant say it enough, Assassin's Creed needs Ambient Music, every open world free roaming game needs it.
- Daggers/short blades, I hate not having a dagger.
- Throwing Knives or some similar, the Phantom Blade is a great addition but it isn't as fast as throwing knives.
- Better colours! Seriously, there are probably 4 out of all the colours you can chose for your outfit that look right.
- Gentle Push, Shove
- Modern Day storyline, This is a must for me, something that keeps us on the edge of our seat, I loved them cliff-hangers.
I'll add more when I think of them.

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 04:45 AM
Somewhat...but him being a descendant of a Viking is interesting. :)

One thing I found out,the "little program" Warren mentioned is actually the multiplayer.You know all of the first person cutscenes?Guess who it is.
Man,Otso Berg is one of the coolest Templars I've ever seen.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 04:52 AM
One thing I found out,the "little program" Warren mentioned is actually the multiplayer.You know all of the first person cutscenes?Guess who it is.

Hmm...that's even cooler. :)

wvstolzing
12-04-2014, 04:58 AM
I'm sure this has come up before; but to repeat for the sake of emphasis:

A meaningful skill tree: No skill points wasted on mundane things like throwing a purse, sitting on a bench, etc.

Matt.mc
12-04-2014, 05:19 AM

A meaningful skill tree: No skill points wasted on mundane things like throwing a purse, sitting on a bench, etc.
I really did like Watch Dogs skill tree.

wvstolzing
12-04-2014, 05:55 AM
I really did like Watch Dogs skill tree.

This guy has some really good criticisms of upgrade systems in modern games (incl. Watch_Dogs):

http://youtu.be/TR-EuyU2hb8?list=PLgdySZU6KUXKZDKDJOYeyYpWpPhDsKO_w

LoyalACFan
12-04-2014, 06:01 AM

I'm in favor of just scrapping the skill tree in exchange for just naturally unlocking new skills as you progress in the game. Unity's skill "tree" was freaking laughable, and outside of pure RPGs, I'm never a fan of using something as arbitrary and gamey as skill points to improve my character. This goes for Watch Dogs and Batman as well.

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 07:32 AM
Ubisoft presents...

Assassin's Creed: Victory :rolleyes:

That needs to happen, You. Can't. Stop. The. FEELS!!!!!!

Anyway on topic a good well written and involving story plz, this is not an unreasonable request so make it happen Ubi.

A new kind of protagonist would be nice one that's cunning, ruthless, cerebral now not entirely like Altair though. He needs a softer side one that could be displayed through use of an already established family.

Scrap the skill tree some of the skills were a joke

And lastly NO GAME DESTROYING BUGS!!

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 07:37 AM
A 90% finished product.

90% is all I'm asking, Ubs.

90%

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 07:37 AM
Wow...really surprised everyone's on board with the "family man" dynamic. :D

Now all Ubi needs to do is implemented it, and write it well. ^^

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 07:50 AM
A 90% finished product.

90% is all I'm asking, Ubs.

90%

Will you people stop with this bs? This is why we get rubbish that you lot then spend the next 6months complaining about!

100% darn well finished! No bugs! Complete and ready to darn well go. I don't buy a computer and expect to have to have it patched 6 times in two months. I don't buy a loaf of bread and expect the baker to come and dust it with flour a week later.

I don't buy a newspaper and expect it to have month old stories in it. I don't buy a book and expect to wait several months for the author to finish it.

Stop being so darned accepting, That's why we get the rubbish.

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 07:59 AM
Will you people stop with this bs? This is why we get rubbish that you lot then spend the next 6months complaining about!

Except I'm one of the few people who barely complains about Unity. I love it.

Stop being so darned accepting, That's why we get the rubbish.

Nah, man. Unity was great. I will admit it's full of bugs and glitches that needs patching, and I have complained a little, but it's still one of the best I've played in the franchise.

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 08:07 AM
Wow...really surprised everyone's on board with the "family man" dynamic. :D

Now all Ubi needs to do is implemented it, and write it well. ^^

Well how could we not it will be something really fresh when compared to the last few Assassins. And it will create an awesome dynamic imagine finishing off an intense Assassination to come home and do a family side mission. If it's well written and well executed it would make for a memorable protagonist. Kind of like the homestead missions in AC3 but executed better. They had the right idea but the cutscenes and the voice acting left alot to be desired. If they do go this route I recommend looking at Red Dead Redemption's last few missions.

MatrixCerberus
12-04-2014, 08:11 AM
That's what I thought, just wasn't sure. This could possibly make it's way into the game. lol, we're gonna assassinate edison's ol thieving azz.

I think it was in AC II with those darned Subject 16 puzzles, where Eddison is in a picture and you need to locate the apple.

MatrixCerberus
12-04-2014, 08:13 AM
Replace/Fix -

- Cover System, just copy and paste Watch Dogs or Splinter Cell's, seriously, no one would care.
- Walking through crowds, either give us a gentle push button back or make it easier.
- Parkour down, make it more cinematic like in the e3 demo instead of just basically sliding down the side of a building.
- AI detection, get rid of this detection meter that's been in AC since the beginning, I thought they completely revamped everything in Unity? Yet, so many things like detection are totally copy pasted to Unity. Again, if you're going to copy, copy Splinter Cell's! Where if you're in the line of sight of an enemy the detection wheel comes up, at this point they haven't seen you, but if you stay in that line of sight for too long but then hide again, they look over, say something like, "Did I just see someone?" walk over, inspect, then go back to their patrol. Not go, "OI you bloody piss head! I'll get you!...oh, must've been dreaming..." seriously, it breaks immersion!
- Pop ins, this needs to be fixed, it's just terrible that a new gen game has his amount of pop ins, not just grass and crates and stuff but people as well!.
- Frame rate, duh.
- Buildings and free running. you know how in the old games it was so easy to just free run across thse crates and platforms? yeah that's not as easy in Unity.
- Combat, we're going in the right direction, but I hate how stupid it looks stabbing and slashing a guy to pieces 20-30 times before he dies. Make it that the enemy blocks the attacks and you need to time it right for the precise kill. Have it more fast pace countering like an "actual" sword fight.

Needs to be added -
- AMBIENT MUSIC! I cant say it enough, Assassin's Creed needs Ambient Music, every open world free roaming game needs it.
- Daggers/short blades, I hate not having a dagger.
- Throwing Knives or some similar, the Phantom Blade is a great addition but it isn't as fast as throwing knives.
- Better colours! Seriously, there are probably 4 out of all the colours you can chose for your outfit that look right.
- Gentle Push, Shove
- Modern Day storyline, This is a must for me, something that keeps us on the edge of our seat, I loved them cliff-hangers.
I'll add more when I think of them.

I actually found the parkour rather similar to the demo, if i push the left stick in other directions then straight down ;) Hell, there have been times when Arno's made some unintended move that looked like a Matrix wall-running.

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 08:18 AM
Well how could we not it will be something really fresh when compared to the last few Assassins. And it will create an awesome dynamic imagine finishing off an intense Assassination to come home and do a family side mission. If it's well written and well executed it would make for a memorable protagonist. Kind of like the homestead missions in AC3 but executed better.

OH SNAP. I'm completely on-board with that.

Just imagine. --After we do a blackbox mission, assassinating a Templar and all, protagonist is tired AF and goes home to his family, in-which we navigate towards in free-roam for next story mission. Cut-scene happens where he notices there's a burglar in his home. We have a stealth mission where we take out some of the burglars and protect the family, blah, blah, blah. Cut-scene where burglar escapes and we have a chase sequence, blah, blah, blah. Protagonists comes home and have a bonding moment with his family, showing how much of a protective family man he is, etc.

^ Could totally see that happening.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 08:21 AM
Except I'm one of the few people who barely complains about Unity. I love it.

Nah, man. Unity was great. I will admit it's full of bugs and glitches that needs patching, and I have complained a little, but it's still one of the best I've played in the franchise.

I've not played it yet (don't have a next-gen console), but I did buy my copy of it (so I can play on a friends machine) after I saw all the complaints. I'm also going to enjoy it lol

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 08:23 AM

Just imagine. --After we do a blackbox mission, assassinating a Templar and all, protagonist is tired AF and goes home to his family, in-which we navigate towards in free-roam for next story mission. Cut-scene happens where he notices there's a burglar in his home. We have a stealth mission where we take out some of the burglars and protect the family, blah, blah, blah. Cut-scene where burglar escapes and we have a chase sequence, blah, blah, blah. Protagonists comes home and have a bonding moment with his family, showing how much of a protective family man he is, etc.

I seriously want to cry.

Not because it's bad

but because this idea is so beautiful and I KNOW Ubisoft would never bother to try pulling it off.

And I want to see it happen so damn badly.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 08:24 AM

Change the nappy minigame? If you fail to change it in time you get peed on!

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 08:29 AM

Exactly!!! The possibilities with what they could do are great. They can use these kinds of missions to provide comical relief after intense story moments, or explore the depth of the character, or even just provide a moment to poke us in our feels. It would just be win.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 08:32 AM
Then he has the typical revenge story... :rolleyes:

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 08:38 AM

Exactly he just so happens to get his hands on a list that conveniently tells him the names of all the people who killed his family. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 08:41 AM
Exactly he just so happens to get his hands on a list that conveniently tells him the names of all the people who killed his family. :rolleyes:

Or we get one cutscene with his family, he leaves for an errand, and they are suddenly kidnapped than killed as he fails to save them.

Consumed by RAGE, he vows to hunt down the conspirators in continuing his family's memory.

BAM! MAKE IT HAPPEN UBI! :nonchalance:

Fatal-Feit
12-04-2014, 08:45 AM
The protagonist is also charismatic and a lady's man, too. And story is written by Jeffrey Yohalem.

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 08:46 AM

meh.. I would really like to have something fresh and new. Not a stubborned revenge/faith/love/hate/ yariyariyada story.
I would love if the story is really long. Like it takes its time to grow and nice phased. Would be awesome if we start as a child play it a while 1 hour or so grow 3years older teenager another 1and a half hour.
Then you play as a young man then as an adult then in the mid 30. And in this timespan you become an assassin. But not the "I know everything since the beginning", more like you can do actually nothing at the beginning. You might know to fight a little but not too good. Means: already one person (soldier or so) could be a big problem and youd have to run. And the more and more the story grows you get better. I want to have a mentor which you build a relation to him. Connor and Archilles amost had this. But it wasnt so deep as I whished it was.
Would be awesome if your mentor teaches you everything. I mean how amazing would it be to not be able to climbing on the roofs and stuff and only after 4 or 5 hours when you are an advanced assassin you would be able to move around the roofs pretty descent and the more and more you play it (dont know if story driven or per skill tree is the better choice)you get better. Id love this. Id so ****ing pay the tripple price of it if they would realize something like this. maaannn... now I have dreams and I know its not gonna happen :(((

Ps. also just had the wierdest captcha ever.. Gayche? dafuq

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 08:55 AM
The protagonist is also charismatic and a lady's man, too. And story is written by Jeffrey Yohalem.

https://31.media.tumblr.com/cf9cfc698bb1e76bd68342330b9c4018/tumblr_inline_n530909wS41r4k8re.gif

:rolleyes:

GoldenBoy9999
12-04-2014, 09:20 AM

Wait, what first person cutscenes? Was it sometime in the MD?

Well how could we not it will be something really fresh when compared to the last few Assassins. And it will create an awesome dynamic imagine finishing off an intense Assassination to come home and do a family side mission. If it's well written and well executed it would make for a memorable protagonist. Kind of like the homestead missions in AC3 but executed better. They had the right idea but the cutscenes and the voice acting left alot to be desired. If they do go this route I recommend looking at Red Dead Redemption's last few missions.

Exactly! I loved the homestead missions as well as the final missions in Red Dead Redemption. Both had great bonding moments. I became pretty attached to Jack as a boy so maybe we could have that going on with our kid or wife. The only thing I can think of that is close to that is the story of Rogue which is not similar (he's killing his friends), but just great storytelling.

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 09:28 AM
Yup, the best part about Red Dead was how the mundane homey missions made all the more violent missions have that much more impact. Especially with Jack at the end of the game.

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 09:29 AM
Wait, what first person cutscenes? Was it sometime in the MD?

Exactly! I loved the homestead missions as well as the final missions in Red Dead Redemption. Both had great bonding moments. I became pretty attached to Jack as a boy so maybe we could have that going on with our kid or wife. The only thing I can think of that is close to that is the story of Rogue which is not similar (he's killing his friends), but just great storytelling.

I loved Red Dead, but from which ending are we talking? the john marston death or the son ending? Oh and do you all remember the part when we cross the bridge to mexico and in the background jose gonzalez starts to sing?...just sensegasm :)

Hans684
12-04-2014, 09:32 AM
Maybe the family man can be a solider that's been victim for both actions of Assassins and Templars, so he hunts both to protect his family and anybody else from the extremists orders. Both ideas in one random solider and family man. How can he get Assassin gear? By pretending to join them and move up the ranks, then he can "betray" them and join the Templars. So when he has all he needs he disappear, then starts hunting both. Not gonna happen.

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 09:39 AM
@ Hapkid, both endings have better impact because of the home missions. And yeah that game was just plain awesome one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing.

Maybe the family man can be a solider that's been victim for both actions of Assassins and Templars, so he hunts both to protect his family and anybody else from the extremists orders. Both ideas in one random solider and family man. How can he get Assassin gear? By pretending to join them and move up the ranks, then he can "betray" them and join the Templars. So when he has all he needs he disappear, then starts hunting both. Not gonna happen.

It's certainly an interesting concept but unlikely to occur. Although while we are on the topic of extremists I would like to play as a extremist Assassin like Bellic. Imagine hunting Assassins who the protag believes have betrayed the Creed as well as Templars. That would prove to be interesting.

Hans684
12-04-2014, 09:46 AM
It's certainly an interesting concept but unlikely to occur. Although while we are on the topic of extremists I would like to play as a extremist Assassin like Bellic. Imagine hunting Assassins who the protag believes have betrayed the Creed as well as Templars. That would prove to be interesting.

Indeed, better than the usual young guy after revenge.

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 09:49 AM
@ Hapkid, both endings have better impact because of the home missions. And yeah that game was just plain awesome one of the best I've had the pleasure of playing.

Thats a nice idea! :) What I would like to see is that the assassins joins forces with the templars due to a stronger might which want to kill the templars and the assassins. Would be great and after the fight they are still enemies. I know its really steroetypic but if its well written it could be a nice plot.

Hood2theBurbs
12-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Thats a nice idea! :) What I would like to see is that the assassins joins forces with the templars due to a stronger might which want to kill the templars and the assassins. Would be great and after the fight they are still enemies. I know its really steroetypic but if its well written it could be a nice plot.

Incidentally, this is what I had hoped for in Unity, considering the anti secret society/conspiracy sentiment of the time. The paranoia would have rallied the people against the Templar and Assassins and both factions would have to UNITE just to survive the reign of terror. But we all know what we got instead.

hapkidolaurent
12-04-2014, 10:10 AM
Incidentally, this is what I had hoped for in Unity, considering the anti secret society/conspiracy sentiment of the time. The paranoia would have rallied the people against the Templar and Assassins and both factions would have to UNITE just to survive the reign of terror. But we all know what we got instead.

yep.. unfortunately. And what disturbed me the most was that you dont have a feeling of a revolution. More just like people screming at something invisible :/

SlyTrooper
12-04-2014, 05:13 PM
I like the idea of a family man. Maybe at the start of the game Sam (or whatever he's called) could meet his future wife & then allow the player to build a relationship with her. And then later in the game he has a kid who we see grow up further into the story. This would build his character & make us care about his family. And so we don't end up with a revenge story, there could be a mission where they are kidnapped to get to him, but he manages to save them & kill the captor - no revenge needed then. And this could result in him having to send his family away so they don't get caught up in the war. #feels

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 05:20 PM
I like the idea of a family man. Maybe at the start of the game Sam (or whatever he's called) could meet his future wife & then allow the player to build a relationship with her. And then later in the game he has a kid who we see grow up further into the story. This would build his character & make us care about his family. And so we don't end up with a revenge story, there could be a mission where they are kidnapped to get to him, but he manages to save them & kill the captor - no revenge needed then. And this could result in him having to send his family away so they don't get caught up in the war. #feels

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa! It's the sims!

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 05:21 PM
Yeah, it's definitely refreshing from the usual young brash kid comes into the order for Revenge or Redemption. :rolleyes:

I personally want him to be something akin to Nikolai...minus the paranoia. :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 05:23 PM
IMO the family man aspect has some issues because if you care about your family you wouldn't be getting yourself caught up in all manner of stabbings and political conflicts. That's only going to put your family in danger and of they get hurt because of it...you're fault.

And you could put your house on Poor Little Timothy Fey dying at the hands of the Templar's and Sam swearing revenge on them.

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 05:24 PM
IMO the family man aspect has some issues because if you care about your family you wouldn't be getting yourself caught up in all manner of stabbings and political conflicts. That's only going to put your family in danger and of they get hurt because of it...you're fault.

And you could put your house on Poor Little Timothy Fey dying at the hands of the Templar's and Sam swearing revenge on them.

OOOOOR instead of Samuel being like "REVEEEEEEEENGE" he'd be more like

"God, I should have thought of my family. I knew there was a risk but....I wanted to do what I could to make them happy"

and then he just drops out of the brotherhood.

Like he did assassin contracts for financial stability or something

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 05:26 PM

He always can disguise himself and them...

Have him be a "factory worker" and his family thinks he's normal while he's off killing people every evening.

Plus he can do what Ezio did and live in a secluded area.

And who knows? Maybe he finds/does something that gets him intertwined with everything.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 05:28 PM
OOOOOR instead of Samuel being like "REVEEEEEEEENGE" he'd be more like

"God, I should have thought of my family. I knew there was a risk but....I wanted to do what I could to make them happy"

and then he just drops out of the brotherhood.

Like he did assassin contracts for financial stability or something

And then what would he do? Sulk his way through the rest of the campaign with a perma-frown?

I think his family should be aware of his assassin activities, and the risks that come with it. So his wife is a trained Assassin too and the kids are capable little nippers who can kick Templar buttocks on their own.

ze_topazio
12-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Victory protagonist can simply truly believe in the Assassin's creed and be fighting for a better world for his children to live in.

Polices, soldiers and other public figures like politicians still have families, it's dangerous due to their line of work but they have them anyway, I see no reasons why Assassins and Templars wouldn't do the same.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 05:34 PM
And then what would he do? Sulk his way through the rest of the campaign with a perma-frown?

I think his family should be aware of his assassin activities, and the risks that come with it. So his wife is a trained Assassin too and the kids are capable little nippers who can kick Templar buttocks on their own.

I'd be fine with his wife knowing...

"You better come back to me..."
Sam: ( Smirks) "I plan to..."

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 05:38 PM
And then the whole family dies,or leaves him.As I said before,this is probably what's gonna happen.

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 05:40 PM

I was thinking like he kills the final templar and comes home to find his family dead and that's how it ends.

And I don't like that idea. I like it more like breaking bad where the family is oblivious but once they find out they try to distance themselves from him and he feels bad.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 05:43 PM
I was thinking like he kills the final templar and comes home to find his family dead and that's how it ends.

And I don't like that idea. I like it more like breaking bad where the family is oblivious but once they find out they try to distance themselves from him and he feels bad.

Oh I have an idea:

As husband and wife, they both lead secret life's that neither of them know about.

Sam an Assassin and his wife...a Templar. Then they both find out.

Then it turns out their kid is a member of the Instruments of the First Will and kills his whole family and then himself. Roll credits.

D.I.D.
12-04-2014, 05:45 PM
Oh I have an idea:

As husband and wife, they both lead secret life's that neither of them know about.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Mr_and_mrs_smith_poster.jpg

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 05:46 PM
Oh I have an idea:

Then it turns out their kid is a member of the Instruments of the First Will and kills his whole family and then himself. Roll credits.

Game of the decade.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 05:46 PM
I like it more like breaking bad where the family is oblivious but once they find out they try to distance themselves from him and he feels bad.

That could work too...

But please don't let them die...that would suck. :(

Oh I have an idea:

^ HIRE THIS MAN, UBI!!! :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 05:49 PM

So,Sam does some Assassin stuff,caring less and less about his family,and then they leave him,and later in the game they come back and start caring about them.
Like Michael.Hmm.

Shahkulu101
12-04-2014, 05:51 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b4/Mr_and_mrs_smith_poster.jpg

Hey if they have to rip off movies I wouldn't mind...

Gives them some inspiration at least... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 05:58 PM
So,Sam does some Assassin stuff,caring less and less about his family,and then they leave him,and later in the game they come back and start caring about them.
Like Michael.Hmm.

But initially loves his family, yes.

Imagine at the end of every sequence when he sits with his family, the happy talk slowly become arguments.

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 06:01 PM
But initially loves his family, yes.

Imagine at the end of every sequence when he sits with his family, the happy talk slowly become arguments.

That depends.If the game starts with him as an Assassin,it could start with them already fighting.
You know what could come back?Homestead missions.With him helping his family.

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 06:16 PM
Sorry, someone has to say it.

You lot are killing the game before it's even confirmed it's actually the next game.

Someone pass the friggin bucket!

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 06:21 PM
Sorry, someone has to say it.

You lot are killing the game before it's even confirmed it's actually the next game.

Someone pass the friggin bucket!

There's always the log out option if you wanna go... :rolleyes:

Rafe Harwood
12-04-2014, 06:25 PM
Then always the log out option if you wanna go... :rolleyes:

*there's

rob.davies2014
12-04-2014, 06:28 PM
I hope we get to visit the Kenway Manor in AC:V.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 06:42 PM
*there's

Oops. ^^

wvstolzing
12-04-2014, 06:45 PM
I hope we get to visit the Kenway Manor in AC:V.

Yeah, I've been thinking the same.

CSKarasu
12-04-2014, 07:40 PM
1. A supporting cast that is just as crazy and interesting as the Black Flag cast.

2. Victorian assassin gadgets , for example the arrow machine gun and handheld circular saws from Van Helsing.

3. A fluid combat system which allows easy chaining into different actions, sword --> melee --> pistol

4. Jack the Ripper needs to be a badass!

5. Better looking costumes.

6. Bring back crime solving.

7. More creative uses of Eagle Vision, for example using it like night vision in darkened rooms and alleys.

8. More ostentatious weapons.

9. A battle on top of the palace of Westminster

10. A battle on top of a steam train

11. Cultists

12. Hijack stage coaches

13. Able to transition from horseback combat to the top of a carriage and back easily, and allow the player to disconnect horse and carriage.

14. Bigger explosions, obviously

15. A refreshing gimmick like ship battles were, maybe an air ship battle at some point?

JustPlainQuirky
12-04-2014, 07:42 PM
I will immediately give the game 0/10 if I cant beat people up with a cane.

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I will immediately give the game 0/10 if I cant beat people up with a cane.

In AC2 you can beat people/guards with a broom...

Why not here? :rolleyes:

MakimotoJin
12-04-2014, 09:00 PM
There's a option to use a top hat.Insta 10/10
Anygame that does that deserves a 10/10.

GunnerGalactico
12-04-2014, 09:00 PM
In AC2 you can beat people/guards with a broom...

Why not here? :rolleyes:

You could also do that in Brotherhood. There's even a trophy for that for killing a guard, it's called "Spring Cleaning" ;)

Namikaze_17
12-04-2014, 09:03 PM
You could also do that in Brotherhood. There's even a trophy for that for killing a guard, it's called "Spring Cleaning" ;)

Imagine beating heavily armed policemen with a cane. XD

GoldenBoy9999
12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
Has anyone thought in detail about drivable carriages? I'm adding that to my wishlist. I think it'd be pretty cool.

Imagine beating heavily armed policemen with a cane. XD

I suppose we could use a cane. Not one you pick up though. You could equip a pickax in Unity so it would be easy for them to include a cane.

Altair1789
12-05-2014, 12:48 AM
1: Good story
2: daggers
3: different atmosphere/ feel than Unity
4: 2 hidden blades
5: white room after you kill someone
6: not too much modernization
7: throwing knives
8: interiors again
9: modern day
10: HEAVY precursor race influence
11: NO MORE SAGE HUNTS
12: no more customization
13: no more skill point crap
14: connection with other games. They haven't made huge connections since AC3 because they're trying to introduce new players to the series. Really ruins the story

rob.davies2014
12-05-2014, 01:04 AM
Want;
Joseph Bazalgette - The guy who designed the London sewer network. He helped drastically reduce the amounts of deaths in the city due to the better standards of hygiene he helped bring about. He deserves a mention at the least.

Sword-canes (or if there are hip-swords, I want scabbards!).

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 01:08 AM
1: Good story
2: daggers
4: 2 hidden blades
5: white room after you kill someone
6: not too much modernization
7: throwing knives
8: interiors again
9: modern day
10: HEAVY precursor race influence
13: no more skill point crap
14: connection with other games. They haven't made huge connections since AC3 because they're trying to introduce new players to the series. Really ruins the story

What happened to the database entries of Past Assassins?

At the time, it helped me know who Altair and Ezio were about as AC3 was my first AC.

If they really want to introduce new fans and have them learn about the past games, do stuff like that.

Altair1789
12-05-2014, 01:17 AM
What happened to the database entries of Past Assassins?

At the time, it helped me know who Altair and Ezio were about as AC3 was my first AC.

If they really want to introduce new fans and have them learn about the past games, do stuff like that.

That would be a much better solution

Jflow_79
12-05-2014, 01:26 AM

1. Winter
3. LOTS OF FOG AND MIST
8. MOAR INTERIORS
9. More murder mysteries

What should not return:

1. CoOp

Pisspot- Unity

I would like to first off saying the Co-oP was why I bought the game, AC is getting old to tell the truth, so many AC games, I would like it to be more stealth based and less run and gun as Unity is. More Co-oP...no more and never again pvp multiplayer it was just lame and boring. Put more influence on the hidden blade(s) rather than swords and all the other weapons...more multiple entrances to assassinations, more special cut scenes for assassinations (like the first assassination in the game). I agree with a lot of what has been posted here except for murder mysteries...they were boring and easy...small hatchets??? why small hatchets...maybe in a setting where small hatchets would be more prominent...what should never return to the series ever again...well as stated above I bought Unity for it's focus on Co-oP multiplayer...after the lame pvp crap having 3 others who want to join you to take out a single target is awesome though need to find a way to force users to use a headset...no communication leads to failure always. never again use ships... what would be awesome is a AC based in the present using stealth and misdirection to kill opponents with guns and only using the hidden blade or exotic weapons...like a calling card. the ability to create missions of your own...could be interesting.

Xstantin
12-05-2014, 01:27 AM

Right now the Sage business is slowly pushing Juno to the side imo, at least following MD write-ups in Unity.

Wolfmeister1010
12-05-2014, 02:06 AM
People think that when I say I don't want co op I am saying I want the return of PvP. This is entirely false.

I want them to completely focus on the single player. COMPLETELY.

Co Op is a nice idea but it never ever works smoothly. And I play for stealth. The only way it works is if you are playing with friends with a mic. And that is RARELY occurring. Then the missions are too difficult to stealth through alone. It is not ubisoft's fault. It is an issue that all "stealthy" Co Op games have that has always been and will continue to be a problem, something that the next generation of consoles can't fix.

PvP is just boring and unnecessary. I agree we should never go back to it.

If there was ONE way multiplayer could return in my eyes, it would be like watch Dogs invasions in a way. You play a templar stalker and have to assassinate the player. But then again there would be issues like insta frustration death being a constant thing..hm

I guess they could say "warning, there is a stalker in your area" when it happens and then you use eagle vision to find them. Perhaps the stalker is only armed with a hidden blade, so if he is detected, he can only escape. This would prevent any sort of PvP combat, since 3rd person AC combat will go on forever or VERY quickly because people will spam pistols.

Or maybe the stalker doesn't kill the assassin. Maybe after "assassinating", the assassin is only very injured and the stalker steals a portion of the assassin's money.

Or multiplayer carriage races.

Or multiplayer free roam, sure.

But no organized Co Op. That will never work well.

Megas_Doux
12-05-2014, 02:50 AM

Paris is breathtaking and customization is really good, why you did not like it?

Cactiii
12-05-2014, 02:55 AM
Paris is breathtaking and customization is really good, why you did not like it?

No idea, Paris is one of the most breathtaking settings in ANY open world game. The visuals and, more stunningly, the people are amazing. It's one of those games where just walking down the street blows you away with the detail. The customization was also great, although I would like to see us be able to select each individual color instead of this "blue-red-white" or "blue-blue-blue" style of color selection in Unity, and removing the coop requirements or at least adding optional singleplayer options to get them. ESPECIALLY with the club competition stuff for the legendary gear.

Cactiii
12-05-2014, 03:59 AM

I imagine that that's probably phasing out the sync points we have right now. Thank God, because the classical "get xp and spend it" works a lot better I think.

DavisP92
12-05-2014, 04:06 AM
So since this Victorian Era had more cops using batons, guns, and handcuffs. I hope they do put in some handcuff animations, but other then that... The game's combat doesn't seem like it'll be that interesting since swords, spears, heavy weapons, daggers are pretty much not going to be seen really. Obviously I can be wrong but were just assuming here.

And gun combat is the worst direction for this series imo. Archery would have been great since you could have gotten a skill to dodge or catch arrows but you can't catch bullets lol. I still think the best future AC can have is in the time frame of AC1-AC2

Cactiii
12-05-2014, 04:09 AM
The #1, by far most important addition that the game needs:
Customizable facial hair. If the protagonist can't choose between Darwin beards, mutton chops, handlebars or whatever magnificent facial augment we desire, I think we should all agree that the game is a failure and abandon Assassin's Creed totally.

KPRage
12-05-2014, 04:23 AM
I see people say that batons and guns would dampen the AC experience.

I say it would be awesome. Just because you cannot stab someone does not mean that a baton won't do some serious damage.

MakimotoJin
12-05-2014, 04:26 AM
Did people complain about ACIV being in the Golden Age of Piracy?If they did,I'm starting to see a pattern here...

Wolfmeister1010
12-05-2014, 04:31 AM
Am I the only one who doesnt mind if all the guards have guns?

I think it will add to the stealth experience. Victorian london is right in that meat of time when swords and such were starting to become more ceremonial. I think the presence of enemies with rifles and such will be awesome if the cover system is improved. Just imagine the ability to focus down time and doge bullets.

HNNNGGGG

Fatal-Feit
12-05-2014, 04:39 AM

Nope.

I mean, we've had guns since AC:B. It's not something new. I'd rather argue about bombs. Every enemy equipped with bombs are annoying AF. It started with Revelations and have carried onto Unity... FFFFFFF

Wolfmeister1010
12-05-2014, 04:41 AM
In Unity 60% of enemies have swords, 20 have rifles and 20 have heavy weapons. Something along those lines.

I would be fine if in 50% have rifles and 50 have melee weapons.

I want the main assassin to have..

A sword
A hidden blade
Throwing knives or phantom blade
I suppose grappling hook is confirmed lol
Revolver (Hey we have had the ability to fire up to like 4 shots at a time since AC3 its nothing new)

Thats it. maybe a rifle.

Namikaze_17
12-05-2014, 04:45 AM

Nope.

Like you said, I think it'll add to the stealth experience as well...

Pretty much like a "BE STEALTHY OR GET SHOT" approach.