PDA

View Full Version : So the new AC game is set in 19th Century London...

PricklyBlitz
12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
ehh kinda cool I guess the grappling hook is really neat if they keep it what do you guys think....
http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

NightmareGK13
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
ehh kinda cool I guess the grappling hook is really neat if they keep it what do you guys think....
http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

Excusez moi?
C'est incroyable... they should focus on this one before going onto the next..

still 19th century, as much as I love it, will not, my system isn't ready and neither is my wallet... they'll probably ask for a gtx 980 as a minimum next time

PricklyBlitz
12-02-2014, 11:46 PM
too late for that but they do have 10 studios working on some AC

wootwoots
12-03-2014, 12:02 AM
still 19th century, as much as I love it, will not, my system isn't ready and neither is my wallet... they'll probably ask for a gtx 980 as a minimum next time

Ahah so true...
Or maybe, with a lot of luck, with ALL the issues of that ACU. They are going to optimize correctly their ****ty engine for that episode.... who know....

But will clearly wait somes times after the release to know what's the situation with that episode / ****ty app or whatever pointless annoying stuff. Or.... use a way to "try" it...

sick of your unfinished game UBI

JohnConnor2012
12-03-2014, 12:03 AM
Well spotted, Fernando! London? My hometown! 'Victory' will be most modern AC yet - will there be railway-based action too, I wonder?

Still **I will not be pre-ordering this** after debacle of ACU and **I will not buy this** if 100% sync is not possible without resort to external apps like Companion, compulsory multiplayer or having to spend more money than I have originally paid for the game (i.e. eff off to helix credit sales sites).

PricklyBlitz
12-03-2014, 12:07 AM
yea agreed even though the apps you need for that are free I dont want to be playing around on a mobile device then playing on my PC to unlock it thats nonsense if they want to do a more social like AC brotherhood game then they need proper lobbies and servers for an ALL coop game single player story and everything in game

Nocturnal626
12-03-2014, 12:16 AM

Yea forget fixing this game or giving the compensation that was promised for the beta product labeled AAA Title. Lets focus on making more money **** our fans! I hear you loud and clear ubisoft.... Loud and ****ing clear!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad ::mad::mad::mad::mad:

strigoi1958
12-03-2014, 12:31 AM
Excusez moi?
C'est incroyable... they should focus on this one before going onto the next..

At the bottom they do say they are focused on Unity at the moment :D Plus I'm sure it's been in development for a long time before Unity was released.

But I have been looking forward to London. Although I'm equally pleased it is Victorian London, I wouldn't have minded an earlier time of the crusades... Richard the lionheart and castles :)...

Shame we're going to miss all the discussions now about where we'd like the next one to be set :( but there's definitely going to be Templars :D maybe Juno and a modern day section for all those who enjoy them.

I would normally take this opportunity to put my foot in my mouth by suggesting that AC Victory will be similar minimum specs to AC Unity with maybe a slightly better cpu needed but I've already been wrong far too often this year. :o

similarly
12-03-2014, 12:47 AM
A lot of games take YEARS to make. That means they often have multiple projects going on at the same time.

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 12:48 AM
You know, film was invented late during the Victorian era. If they decide to go for period correct cinematic experience, it's going to be capped at 15fps. ;)

PricklyBlitz
12-03-2014, 12:53 AM
lol your a little off film was wayy earlier the first motion picture camera was around 1880

Pezol
12-03-2014, 01:07 AM
New Fail to come ~! :D
im not goint to get butt **** again :P
This time Pirate bay first then maybe ill buy it. Since they didnt finished this one yet which Sucks. I aint Beta tester ><
What I'm curious about is... what will they lie and fail to deliver this time ! :D

NightmareGK13
12-03-2014, 01:22 AM
At the bottom they do say they are focused on Unity at the moment :D Plus I'm sure it's been in development for a long time before Unity was released.

But I have been looking forward to London. Although I'm equally pleased it is Victorian London, I wouldn't have minded an earlier time of the crusades... Richard the lionheart and castles :)...

Shame we're going to miss all the discussions now about where we'd like the next one to be set :( but there's definitely going to be Templars :D maybe Juno and a modern day section for all those who enjoy them.

I would normally take this opportunity to put my foot in my mouth by suggesting that AC Victory will be similar minimum specs to AC Unity with maybe a slightly better cpu needed but I've already been wrong far too often this year. :o

looks exactly like Unity, not saying aesthetically im an art student so not referring to setting, but graphically speaking, faces and overall graphics, they look a little better, but based on what I saw, only IF and that's a very big if, it's ported correctly, and only IF they make unity right will I even begin to think about the idea of buying it... notice the word play

strigoi1958
12-03-2014, 01:35 AM
looks exactly like Unity, not saying aesthetically im an art student so not referring to setting, but graphically speaking, faces and overall graphics, they look a little better, but based on what I saw, only IF and that's a very big if, it's ported correctly, and only IF they make unity right will I even begin to think about the idea of buying it... notice the word play

Well it alleges it is using the same engine as Unity so that's my extent of knowledge :confused: and based on the images I'm thinking it cannot be a spec jump like we just had because it needs to run well on the PS4 and Xbone so I think possibly a small (I would say none but I know I'd definitely be wrong) spec increase. But as you're studying art you'd be better at comparing the graphics. I think Unity teething problems will definitely help Victory get it right.

NightmareGK13
12-03-2014, 02:04 AM
Well it alleges it is using the same engine as Unity so that's my extent of knowledge :confused: and based on the images I'm thinking it cannot be a spec jump like we just had because it needs to run well on the PS4 and Xbone so I think possibly a small (I would say none but I know I'd definitely be wrong) spec increase. But as you're studying art you'd be better at comparing the graphics. I think Unity teething problems will definitely help Victory get it right.

the art student part was regarding the historical accuracy and setting, architecture and wardrobe, not the graphics, although I do work on some 3D in the meantimes. That aside, it may help, and it may not... we'll have to wait and see

strigoi1958
12-03-2014, 02:14 AM
That is interesting... I don't want to go off topic but... I don't mind the new sections but the historical parts fascinate me especially the inter woven history the buildings and clothing... I often wonder if it is close to the real thing

similarly
12-03-2014, 02:33 AM
I'm excited for the new game, but I feel it was wrong to publish this "leak". Essentially the video and photos are stolen intellectual properties. They do not belong to the person who sold them. Someone stole this information from Ubisoft and then sold it for profit. I think every online publisher who published photos or video and who KNOWINGLY contributed to the theft or the payment for the stolen property should be charged as accessories to the crime. Buying something that you KNOW is stolen is a crime, and I think this is no exception.

Trih333
12-03-2014, 02:46 AM
What i want is every characters speaking with a french accent, to balance the fact that every character in unity speak with a english, scottish and welsh accent.
Yep, that would be great.

Altair1789
12-03-2014, 02:50 AM
Not Arno? My prayers have been answered :D. 19th century isn't very far from the 18th century though. Let's just hope they've done away with customization and bad modern days. I don't really like the setting though, hopefully it has a good story

What i want is every characters speaking with a french accent, to balance the fact that every character in unity speak with a english, scottish and welsh accent.
Yep, that would be great.

We need the protagonist to speak with a syrian accent that sticks out like a sore thumb in london, to make up for Altaļr in AC 1 :p

I would like it if Desmond came back somehow and this guy was related to Desmond. His outfit looks a lot like Edward's too. Anyway, I have high hopes for Ubisoft Quebec

I'd prefer a game set in medieval Paris, honestly. In Unity, when I Played Tragedy of Jacques de Molay, the game had a really nice feel to it

RVSage
12-03-2014, 03:12 AM
I feel sorry for Ubi.. No dev deserves his works to be leaked... Plainly sad for the devs :( :( No one deserves their work to be stolen.. This leak is indeed a theft...

jeffies04
12-03-2014, 03:32 AM
Anyone wonder if this leak was intentional?

I doubt it, but it crossed my mind for a moment. Something to get people talking about something else.. a setting quite a good number of people have wanted for a long time.

I should also point out that "target gameplay footage" is usually a CGI/animated rendition or something to capture the concept and to model their work after it, but NOT actually the game itself (I'm sure we all remember the target footage for AC3.. everone thought it was the game! http://youtu.be/zoEqI97-HaU?t=3m36s). Although the article did mention that it was done using AnvilNext...we should all be very aware of this if we actually see some of the video or screenshots.

AKM_44rdv4rk
12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
I think it looks cool, and as much as I'm disappointed in UBI right now, I LOVE the AC franchise, and will probably end up getting this.

...but no more preorders... ever.

NightmareGK13
12-03-2014, 04:12 AM
after reading some comments... am I the only one not feeling sorry for ubisoft after what they have been doing year after year? Did we all just forgot what happened and is happening with Unity? Call me a cold hearted son of a gun but I think it's well deserved.

walkbyfaith76
12-03-2014, 04:41 AM
can't wait, and to all the haters Ubi has released how many AC games and all were great, so how about showing some damn loyalty they're fixing the game and the other AC's all worked great. And if you read the actual article update where Ubi replied they've had this game in the works for a couple of years already, it's not like they only have one year to make the game

Altair1789
12-03-2014, 06:27 AM
can't wait, and to all the haters Ubi has released how many AC games and all were great, so how about showing some damn loyalty they're fixing the game and the other AC's all worked great. And if you read the actual article update where Ubi replied they've had this game in the works for a couple of years already, it's not like they only have one year to make the game

My main problem with the franchise is the path its currently on. I dont particularly hate this setting, but I also dont particularly like how modern it is. They dont seem to want to drop this whole sage search modern day stuff. The game just seems do much different now than it was not too long ago. Also, Unity had like 4 years in the making. I expect this AC to have a longer story (and hopefully not shorten the story so we can collect cockades and do 300 hour missions with tablet apps for Altair's outfit) since I think they're going to use the same parkour and combat systems as Unity. Hopefully they leave out customization this game

similarly
12-03-2014, 07:22 AM
Anyone wonder if this leak was intentional?

I doubt it, but it crossed my mind for a moment. Something to get people talking about something else.. a setting quite a good number of people have wanted for a long time.

I should also point out that "target gameplay footage" is usually a CGI/animated rendition or something to capture the concept and to model their work after it, but NOT actually the game itself (I'm sure we all remember the target footage for AC3.. everone thought it was the game! http://youtu.be/zoEqI97-HaU?t=3m36s). Although the article did mention that it was done using AnvilNext...we should all be very aware of this if we actually see some of the video or screenshots.

Interesting idea. I hadn't thought of that, but it's certainly plausible.

AherasSTRG
12-03-2014, 08:16 AM
This controlled leak pretty much says it: Unity will never get fixed.

Spikey1989
12-03-2014, 08:33 AM
i do also feel sry for ubi that there was a leak. but the sadest part are that every1 that have read and posted in this thread will spread the word about the new assassins creed and will contribute the the leak!

that make me really sad even for myself :/

Anykeyer
12-03-2014, 08:41 AM
This game looks a lot like ACU.
Sort of like Rogue is similar to AC4.

i do also feel sry for ubi that there was a leak. but the sadest part are that every1 that have read and posted in this thread will spread the word about the new assassins creed and will contribute the the leak!

that make me really sad even for myself :/

I think it was a controlled leak, part of their usual PR.

Green_Reaper
12-03-2014, 08:49 AM
haha.

It hasn't even been 4 weeks since ACU was released. I'm not ready yet!

Also, still waiting on club competition.

Spikey1989
12-03-2014, 09:27 AM
I think it was a controlled leak, part of their usual PR.

lets hope so, maby want get pr of from unity.

i agree with u green raeper, also not really rdy, but are geting restless with all stuff (even initiates accomplishments) done execpt 60 co-op and heist left ingame.
lets hope the dlc will relase soon and ruoge for PC :D that will pass the time for two weeks of the rest 48weeks b4 ACV

JerseyMan77
12-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Wow, another AC game, yay? Wonder if this one will have as many bugs as Unity. That'll be hard to top.

You know, film was invented late during the Victorian era. If they decide to go for period correct cinematic experience, it's going to be capped at 15fps. ;)

That's DOUBLE the natural cinematic feel of Unity! That would be amazing!

If anyone from Ubi actually reads this post, the above sentence is what is called sarcasm. Capping FPS is NOT amazing and it does not make games feel cinematic. It makes them feel like they were horribly made.

RVSage
12-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Could not Resist creating this one :p :p:p

Meanwhile at Ubisoft........

http://i59.tinypic.com/20utyyx.jpg

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Yep, that would be great.Switch the language to French with English subtitles - problem solved! :D

Ebonrook
12-03-2014, 12:39 PM
Well spotted, Fernando! London? My hometown! 'Victory' will be most modern AC yet - will there be railway-based action too, I wonder?

Still **I will not be pre-ordering this** after debacle of ACU and **I will not buy this** if 100% sync is not possible without resort to external apps like Companion, compulsory multiplayer or having to spend more money than I have originally paid for the game (i.e. eff off to helix credit sales sites).

As I'm sure has been pointed out. NONE of that is required for the 100% sync.

Ebonrook
12-03-2014, 12:43 PM
This controlled leak pretty much says it: Unity will never get fixed.

Actually they flat out said that the reason this leak is annoying, is that they haven't been focusing on Victory whilst fixing Unity. If anything what that tells us is they've delayed the new game to fix the current one.

Paul266
12-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Look at that.
http://zakon-ac.info/images/ac4/outfits/ac4-pirate-captain-outfit.jpg
http://assets.vg247.com/current//2014/12/assassins_creed_victory_2.jpg

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Looks like "personas" from Liberation. I was hoping to see that in Unity, but at least they haven't abandoned the feature. It's both fun and makes all the sense in the world.

NightmareGK13
12-03-2014, 02:56 PM

loyalty? you *insert pejorative adjective*...
they had four years to make unity and look at the state they released it in? It's not even finished with club competition... not only that a PR stunt with a controlled leak...
loyalty? THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LOYAL TO US... THE FANS... AND NOT SUCK ALL OUR MONEY IN EXCHANGE FOR NOTHING

JohnConnor2012
12-03-2014, 04:48 PM
On the contrary, Ebonrook, many have pointed out that 100% sync in ACU is impossible without doing Companion missions + Tournament is impossible to complete using single player only in co-op mode ('V' setting on PC), meaning multiplay is compulsory in ACU too.

Even if this wasn't the case, I wouldn't want 'AC: Victory' to go even further down this road to ruin than ACU already has - especially disgraceful 2nd screen + buyable game currency BS.

AherasSTRG
12-03-2014, 06:06 PM
Actually they flat out said that the reason this leak is annoying, is that they haven't been focusing on Victory whilst fixing Unity. If anything what that tells us is they've delayed the new game to fix the current one.

No dude. The pre-alpha picture of a blue-hooded guy in the middle of an empty square and scattered box-like buildings around him is a leak. A photo of Ubisoft's art department showcasing a French Revolution Assassin is a leak. A picture of Edward Kenway from the time he still had black hair is a leak. A picture from a promotional poster taken with a cellphone is a leak:

http://gematsu.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/AC-Unity-Leak_03-19_005.jpg
http://media.psu.com/media/articles/image/Assassin'sCreed5Leak.jpg
http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/Assassin-s-Creed-4-Black-Flag-Gets-Leaked-Screenshot-Poster-2.jpg
http://i.neoseeker.com/n/1/assassins_creed_4_black_flag_thumb.jpg

The pictures above are leaks.

The pictures below are not leaks:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/dfbqlgdjj7t3cz7x7noc.jpg
https://cdn3.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/pCiF5DJFeuxLhzsWpzz8a35EvCA=/0x0:1100x619/1280x720/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/44264626/assassins_creed_victory.0.0.jpg
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/yy31jpc9to1mc6zb6jcq.jpg
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/dfbqlgdjj7t3cz7x7noc.jpg

These are promotional material. The type of things you show to the public. It's obviously a controlled leak to take people's attention away from Unity's problems.

Lignjoslav
12-03-2014, 06:18 PM
On the contrary, Ebonrook, many have pointed out that 100% sync in ACU is impossible without doing Companion missions + Tournament is impossible to complete using single player only in co-op mode ('V' setting on PC), meaning multiplay is compulsory in ACU too.

Even if this wasn't the case, I wouldn't want 'AC: Victory' to go even further down this road to ruin than ACU already has - especially disgraceful 2nd screen + buyable game currency BS.
Many have said so, that doesn't mean it's true. You're saying it because you've heard it, and it's not impossible that the guy who told you simply heard somewhere else. A lot of people complained the moment they saw the chests, a lot of others just repeated...

So, please, someone finish the debate with some screenshot or video evidence.

BTW, the app is free. As for the payed stuff, what exactly can't you do without buying helix points that you need for 100% sync?

PhilyG213
12-03-2014, 07:25 PM
But do you all know what I REALLY want to have in this game?? Murder Mysteries because I LOVE them, London Stories (Like Paris Stories), a little easier version of the combat system of Unity and DEFINETLY the same parkour system like we have in Unity.

Altair1789
12-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Look at that.

It could also be just an outfit specific vendor, either way I think the game looks cool so far

But do you all know what I REALLY want to have in this game?? Murder Mysteries because I LOVE them, London Stories (Like Paris Stories), a little easier version of the combat system of Unity and DEFINETLY the same parkour system like we have in Unity.

First and foremost, I want a good plot. I know it's like the 20th time I've said this on the forums, but Unity's plot was really bad. On the side though, I'd like more to make this not feel like a different game (I don't want them to use that much from Unity, other than the parkour, combat, and co op). I don't like the current bullet-dodging mechanic of Unity. When the enemies are off screen it sometimes doesn't tell you they're shooting, and if they shoot while you're not in combat, you can't dodge. I think bringing back the meat shield system would balance the fighting, it's really not that hard as long as you have a weapon with good parry. I think throwing knives are making a return, which I would like to see

JohnConnor2012
12-03-2014, 09:59 PM
Does sound like you don't know what you're talking about, Lignjoslav - and AS YOU clearly can't supply screenshots to prove your point from your own game, you evidently aren't speaking from experience.

I know that without the Nomad BS, you can't get most of the Rift artefacts needed for 100% sync, only Initiates ones, a third of the total. I have also given the example of it being impossible to complete Co-op mission, Tournament, without compulsory multiplayer because of the way its second (assault cause) and third (capture the flag) phases are structured - a solo player simply can't cover all that ground in time. The issue with the Companion app is not the chests, it's the mission unlocks that most certainly do count towards 100% sync as the tracker makes clear to all.

The app may be free (if borked for many players), but the phone is not. I won't pay 3x the cost of the game just to use the app because some **** at Ubi is addicted to his iPhone and 'wants to share'. It should be integral to the game anyway, a simple enough matter, as it always used to be in the AC series. ACU sets a very bad precedent I don't want to see repeated in 'AC: Victory'. Monetarisation through helix points doesn't prevent 100% sync, but that wasn't my point. My point was that it stinks - carpy pay to win stuff you'd expect from the mobile gaming market, not a AAA game, especially when it's already £40 a pop.

BTW, 'AC: Victory' stuff seems an obvious deliberate (=marketing-driven) leak to me, not an indiscretion on Ubi's part.

PhilyG213
12-03-2014, 10:37 PM
=First and foremost, I want a good plot. I know it's like the 20th time I've said this on the forums, but Unity's plot was really bad. On the side though, I'd like more to make this not feel like a different game (I don't want them to use that much from Unity, other than the parkour, combat, and co op). I don't like the current bullet-dodging mechanic of Unity. When the enemies are off screen it sometimes doesn't tell you they're shooting, and if they shoot while you're not in combat, you can't dodge. I think bringing back the meat shield system would balance the fighting, it's really not that hard as long as you have a weapon with good parry. I think throwing knives are making a return, which I would like to see

Valid points and I support them all.

sheby1911
12-03-2014, 11:04 PM
i'm sooooooooo disapointed :/

Lignjoslav
12-04-2014, 12:12 AM
Does sound like you don't know what you're talking about, Lignjoslav - and AS YOU clearly can't supply screenshots to prove your point from your own game, you evidently aren't speaking from experience. ... Well, doh, I wouldn't be asking if I knew first hand. :) And the question wasn't just for you, it was for anyone saying the opposite as well.

Okay, I see the missions in the progress tracker, so you're probably right. That sucks, the companion should be a bonus, not a burden. That said, you can run the app not just on phones, but also on Windows 8 and (with the help of a free application) older versions of Windows. But I agree, it sucks!

About the leak, it looks like a presentation piece. Theoretically, it could have been made for higher management, but other than that, I can't imagine its purpose other than being shown to the press.

Altair1789
12-04-2014, 12:19 AM
i'm sooooooooo disapointed :/

I am also kinda disappointed, but I'm trying to be optimistic. Honestly, when I saw AC4, I thought: It's definitely going to be an outlier in terms of play style, but it will be a decent change of pace and we'll probably return to normal AC games after that. Then when Unity came out and I played a little bit, I felt the same way. I'm trying to feel the same way about this, and I'd love if we returned to the earlier years like the 13th or 14th century after this. I think this game is definitely going to be different from anything we've seen before, but as long as they don't keep this up, I'll be perfectly fine with it. The sad thing for me is Unity wasn't very long, and we already know what the next game will be, but it'll be around a year until we get our hands on it. I guess running around in Unity is kinda fun but I don't find it as fun as I found running around as Connor or Edward in AC3 and 4. This "leak" definitely doesn't look like a leak to me, but the game still has 1 year, so it can only get better.

Side note: Does anyone know when they typically announce who is making the soundtrack? I would love it if they got Lorne Balfe to make the soundtracks, I liked AC3's and ACR's soundtracks a lot more than I did AC4 or Unity

Green_Reaper
12-04-2014, 03:04 AM
Look at that.

The "change outfit" thing is probably not literal and just one of those "disguise/cover" features where you can temporarily change pieces of clothing to blend in with the civilians. I mean, in ACU you didn't have to visit vendors to change your appearance or even upgrade and obtain gear for that matter.

I kind of like this assassin's outfit. It's like a cross between Edward Kenway's assassin robes and Shay's templar robes.

RaulO4
12-04-2014, 06:34 AM
1. leaks
2.E3 with amazing Graphics
3. Downgrade
4. the specs need to start the game
5. broken game

8 core intel cpu at 4.0
32gb of ram

Recommend NSA PC.

ACU was the frist AC game i got with my own money and the last. unless ACU is Fix.

if ubi games does work it wont even matter because i will get the working/polish ubi games only at 20- 30$

just how i remove FC4,