PDA

View Full Version : another white male protagonist for Victory

Radman500
12-02-2014, 10:27 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1015726147524388674.png

how do you feel?

melbye82
12-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Absolutely devastated after Altair, and Connor, and Aveline, and Adewale, and Shao Junl, and...oh

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
I'm not racist so Idc if he's white.

Bashilir
12-02-2014, 10:34 PM
To be honest, I would have liked a female protagonist, but I don't care that it's a guy.

Ureh
12-02-2014, 10:37 PM
Where did it say he's white?

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:38 PM
I'm not racist so Idc if he's white.

No, Ubisoft are racist for not wanting to have a black protagonist in the main game.
They're also sexist for killing off all their significant female characters rendering them nothing more than 'women in refrigerators'

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Please PLEASE Not this again! Can we please just kill this debate before it even gets started?

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:39 PM

Of course he's white. There shouldn't even be any doubt about that.

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 10:40 PM

look at his fingers

ExistingGold
12-02-2014, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure Arno wasnt entirely white...

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure Arno wasnt entirely white...

Er? As much as anyone can be "entirely" white, that dude was whiter than Tippex.

Kaschra
12-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Maybe it's a really really manly woman? :rolleyes:

Nah, I'm not even disappointed that it's not a woman... because I never got my hopes up for that in the first place :(

I just hope that guy does not have dark brown hair.
Please Ubisoft, we had enough brown-haired AC protagonists.

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Not thirty minutes have past since the leak and this is already a point of debate. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
It's Victorian London, the protagonist needs to make sense, just like in the French Revolution a non white protagonist would make little sense, a non white protagonist would make little sense in Victorian London too.

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
Not thirty minutes have past since the leak and this is already a point of debate. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Is this character even male, though? I can't tell. "The assassin", "our protagonist"... Kotaku says "he" a couple of times, but what if this is a bluff?

I think there could be a surprise here.

Ureh
12-02-2014, 10:47 PM
look at his fingers

We have our first albino protag! ;)

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:50 PM

And I don't want to live on a planet with people who pretend this issue isn't a deeply ingrained problem within our society.

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 10:50 PM

So true. I guess it's AC's curse or something.

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
And I don't want to live on a planet with people who pretend this issue isn't a deeply ingrained problem within our society.

Take a look at Mayrice's sig.

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM

It's a problem because you're making it a problem.

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
It's Victorian London, the protagonist needs to make sense, just like in the French Revolution a non white protagonist would make little sense, a non white protagonist would make little sense in Victorian London too.

Oh yes but ancient aliens and 'Pieces of Eden' that can bend time and space makes sense and is ultra realistic but a person of colour roaming Victorian England? Hell no! And for the record
some people of colour DID manage to live free in those times.

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:53 PM
It's a problem because you're making it a problem.

It's a problem because of people like you who like to pretend racism doesn't exist and silence those that try to expose it.

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Take a look at Mayrice's sig.

Your point?

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
I see no racism here, I just see a new protagonist. Yet people have to immediately make a point about the gender and skin color. If anything, that could be considered racist.

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 10:58 PM
Oh yes but ancient aliens and 'Pieces of Eden' that can bend time and space makes sense and is ultra realistic but a person of colour roaming Victorian England? Hell no! And for the record
some people of colour DID manage to live free in those times.

You are comparing two different things.

What are "people of colour"? painters? ink sellers? :rolleyes:

Bashilir
12-02-2014, 11:02 PM
It's a problem because of people like you who like to pretend racism doesn't exist and silence those that try to expose it.

??? So because he's white it's racist? Stop with this "if it doesn't have this ethnicity its racist" mentality.

EmptyCrustacean
12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
I see no racism here, I just see a new protagonist. Yet people have to immediately make a point about the gender and skin color. If anything, that could be considered racist.

It is racist when after EIGHT games in Ubisoft does not want to have a person of colour of woman as their main game protagonist.

You are comparing two different things.

What are "people of colour"? painters? ink sellers? :rolleyes:

You're right. I'm comparing something that actually happened (people of colour in VE) with something that didn't (Pieces of Eden made by TOTCB) So if we can have the made-up one why can't we have the actual one?

??? So because he's white it's racist? Stop with this "if it doesn't have this ethnicity its racist" mentality.

Because he's the EIGHTH - count it - EIGHTH white male protagonist in the main game.

bitebug2003
12-02-2014, 11:16 PM
Enough!

Closed