PDA

View Full Version : Victorian London it is!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:06 PM
http://kotaku.com/next-years-big-assassins-creed-is-set-in-victorian-lond-1665343788

Next year's Assassin's Creed game will take place in London during the 19th century, Kotakuhas learned. Farewell, Napoleon; hello, Jack the Ripper?
This new entry in Ubisoft's annual open-world action series, slated for release in the fall of 2015, will take us through the dirty back alleys and rattling stagecoaches of London during the Victorian era, a historical period that fans have wanted to see in an Assassin's Creed game for quite some time now. This new Assassin's Creed game is called or code-named Victory—like Victorian!—and it will be out next year for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, according to a person familiar with the game.
Victory is something of a shift for the series in a few ways. For one, this is the first Assassin's Creed game helmed by Ubisoft's Quebec studio, as opposed to their primary Montreal office, which has led development on the biggest Assassin's Creed releases since the first game in 2007. Earlier this year, the Ubisoft Blog teased that Quebec would be heading up a future game (http://blog.ubi.com/ubisoft-quebec-assassins-creed/) in their annualized series, but they didn't say much more about it. This is that game.
Of course, just about every major Ubisoft game is developed by teams of hundreds that work across all of their studios across the world, from Canada to China. But it's significant to see anAssassin's Creed game led by a new team. Ubisoft Quebec also developed downloadable content for Assassin's Creed III (The Tyranny of King Washington) and Assassin's Creed IV (Freedom Cry).
We also hear that this will be the only main Assassin's Creed next fall—unless something changes, we won't see two separate entries like we did this year with Unity and Rogue, according to a person familiar with goings-on at the company. Next year, Assassin's Creed is sticking to current-gen platforms and seemingly leaving the Xbox 360 and PS3 behind.

Target stills:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/qsqkddfi5wnrx8isnqug.jpghttp://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/1015726147524388674.png

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 10:10 PM
What....the hell, there're pictures already?

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Yes, more inside the link, and a description of what they saw in the target video.

TimeLock09
12-02-2014, 10:11 PM
Omgomgomgomgomg, IT'S HAPPENING! Those pictures ... are ... AMAZING! :D This is gonna be 100% better than Unity. Unity was just a freakin' beta, THIS is is the real deal!

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
So it begins
Not a fan of the outfit tbh, looks Edward-like imo

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
* Spits out drink* 0__0

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:13 PM
Omgomgomgomgomg, IT'S HAPPENING! Those pictures ... are ... AMAZING! :D This is gonna be 100% better than Unity. Unity was just a freakin' beta, THIS is is the real deal!

I'm really pleased too! I'm also surprised at the huge leap forward, given that a naval Napoleonic Wars sequel to Unity seemed like such a no-brainer. I wonder if Dead Kings will be a really large DLC? If TOKW and Freedom Cry are anything to go by, maybe it will be.

Kaschra
12-02-2014, 10:14 PM
What what what what what

It feels wrong to get news for the next game so early D:
So for now I'll believe this is fake (or at least pretend to)

Even though Victorian London would be great

VestigialLlama4
12-02-2014, 10:16 PM
I think this is where as the phrase goes the series has jumped the shark. This setting makes zero sense for an AC game since Victorian London was fairly stable. But man are they desperate for another ezio trilogy.

UbiSoft marketing are fairly smart in scuttling a sinking ship so quickly. Anyway Victorian london depending on the period, early 1860 or 1880 can give us a chance to see several famous people in London such as Karl Marx or the young Mahatma Gandhi not to mention other victorians like D-ckens or lewis carroll

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 10:17 PM
What what what what what

True, this could be like Osiris... :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
OOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOD

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

THIS IS THE ERA I WANTED

THANK YIU dlkjshfksflks

Megas_Doux
WTF............................................... ....

I mean, earliest leak EVER.

PTE Reilly
Kotaku is such a bad source tbh so for now im also believeing its fake

Bashilir
Not digging the outfit the character is wearing but it's apparent we can change. Makes me think of a black version of Edward's armor.

hapkidolaurent
What what what what what

wow... now I feel like an idiot.. I dont want to **** on ubisoft but it seems that they threw Unity to us to make more money for this game... And I dont know how I should feel about it to know already what setting it will be... Surely its great but still... so early. Im ahuge fanboy... but wow... still.. Im lacking off words..

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:18 PM
Well that was quick. :p Unity's been out for what, three weeks now?
I was expecting leaks to appear around March, like every year. But no mystery and speculation this time it seems! We immediately have confirmation.
These images look striking though! I'm just a little bit worried now it's going to be too much like Unity.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--37fPXtJw--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/uau2qi8cfqwdanmksr9y.jpg

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:20 PM
I don't know what to feel about this.Not even a month after Unity's release,and the next one is already confirmed?Is that good or bad?I need help.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2014, 10:22 PM
Wow..looks good but...already??? holy ****

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 10:22 PM
I wonder if the protag's name is Samuel :)

rrebe
12-02-2014, 10:23 PM
I don't know what to feel about this.Not even a month after Unity's release,and the next one is already confirmed?Is that good or bad?I need help.

If the leak is true, I think it's way too soon :eek:
And if it is true that in the next AC we're heading to London, awesome! The images look good either way :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
I dont trust Kotaku.

I'm maybe a little bit excited, but it could be a very good fake.

Namikaze_17
This could be fake later on, but for now...

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

But I must say I'm surprised they ditched Arno...

Napoleonic wars would've been great too. :(

Jarek23
12-02-2014, 10:24 PM
Ambient Music
Day/Night Cycle
PvP Multiplayer

Bring it all back Ubi.

rob1990312
there was rumours months back about this game it even had a description and a character name but i cant remember it
i rekon this game will run on the same engine as unity and have 1;1 scale etc

Hans684
Interesting but I'm guessing it's going be another AC2/Unity bad guy story with butchered MD. Not much to expect by this point.

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:25 PM
This could be fake later on, but for now...

http://reactiongifs.me/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/infinite-yes-daniel-bryan.gif

But I must say I'm surprised they ditched Arno...

Napoleonic wars would've been great too. :(

Who could make such fake screenshots?Ubisoft.Ubisoft could.

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Waaaaaaay too professional to be fake.

rrebe
12-02-2014, 10:26 PM
Who could make such fake screenshots?Ubisoft.Ubisoft could.

Templars. Templars everywhere.

:rolleyes:

Ureh
Love the smoke stacks and NPCs.

But I'm not even close to starting on Rogue and Unity.

andrew_m50
This won't be fake, you'll see.
The guy on the plane who leaked info about Unity mentioned about London as well. And he has never been wrong.

I'm quite sure this is real.

rob1990312

maybe there was some truth to them rumors after all

PTE Reilly
12-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Like I said before Kotaku is such a bad source and also if Ubisoft actually did show them thi sstuff wouldnt they have had to sign a no disclosure agreement?

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 10:27 PM
Looks cool but its no doubt going to be buggy as hell.

Better have a longer story than 26 missions.

My **** is confused.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
guys..remember before? All the things in the leaked stuff for Unity?

Things like victorian era, seasons returning, and Connor?

Maybe this is the game that sees Connor return in some way lol

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Also, a grappling hook? Eeeeeeeehhm...........

Radman500
12-02-2014, 10:29 PM

Connor would not be alive during Victorian era though

Megas_Doux
12-02-2014, 10:29 PM
Day/Night Cycle

There is day/night cycle in Unity.....

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:30 PM
Could anyone be kind and give some info about this era?I only know about Darwin and Jack the Ripper.

dimbismp
12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
The situation is really getting out of hand!It is not even a month Ubi!Just let ACU f*cking settle a little bit and get the leaks going on March.....

Anyway,even though i hoped for more Arno,this is also good.I just hope that it feels like a proper sequel,not an ACU reskin,because that's what i gather from the images..I hope that ACV will be the next gen AC2.Anyway,this must be the infamous Samuel Fay,or something.Get the story right Ubi!!!

And his is 100% real,look at the images

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 10:31 PM
I honestly expected it. Paris' assets are pretty darn close to London's. At least a lot closer than Egypt or Feudal Japan.

Let's hope the story doesn't suck and there's an actual point to the MD

melbye82
12-02-2014, 10:32 PM
This is unfortuate really, couldn't have leaked at a worse time

TimeLock09
This is DEFINITELY NOT fake. It's waaayyyy too good to be a fake. This is real. Also, grappling hook woooo :D I really do hope we get a winter setting sometime later on in the game. Would look gorgeous at winter. Christmas decorations up, crimbo tree's, the lot.

Namikaze_17
Interesting but I'm guessing it's going be another AC2/Unity bad guy story with butchered MD. Not much to expect by this point.

Don't kill my mood. :rolleyes:

wvstolzing
Any leaks as to Patch 4 for Unity?

Assassin_M
Connor would not be alive during Victorian era though

Nah, he may be. Connor was alive as of 1804. he was born in 1756, so he can remain alive until at least the 1840s.

Kaschra

Yeah, Connor's ghost will make a return lol

True_Assassin92
12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
Very smart ubisoft...leaking the next most wanted setting to appease fans and calm them down on unity...very smart:rolleyes:. It's just to divert the negative attention away from unity, but it might cause a backlash because they're already shoving a new game in our throats only 3 weeks after Unity's release.

That first picture in the hallway at Ubi HQ...was that really arno? The same spot where edward used to hang.

https://www.google.be/search?q=ubi+pic+in+hallway&biw=1242&bih=585&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Fy5-VNPHM8_hasazgJgM&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=assassins+creed+chile+pictures&facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=1cvrVMKxTGexSM%3A%3BJmJyMo5YkpFJmM%3Bhttp%3A %2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FJKnzS4w.jpg%3Bhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww .neogaf.com%2Fforum%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D830947% 3B659%3B528

Sejdovic11
12-02-2014, 10:33 PM
They can have it, I won't get on that hype train like I did with Unity.

Hans684
12-02-2014, 10:34 PM

I doubt that's going to happen, according to Amancio AC is starting a new. Same includes MD, it's baby steps from now on. AC's story is a child again.

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm skeptical about this one. Not sure if I like it. I never really got the appeal of a Victorian London setting and so far it's just looking like AC:U 2 (with a freakin' grappling hook... come on now.)
But hey, I was skeptical about Black Flag as well and look how that turned out! We'll just have to be patient and see how this develops.

Alphacos007
Wow, I really didn't expect such an early leak.
For the people who don't trust Kotaku, they leaked Unity screenshots last year, I don't think they'd fake it this year.
Also, those are screenshots from the Target Gameplay video, it's not actually in-game. Remember AC3 Target Gameplay video? Very different from the game itself.
But anyways, YAY! Victorian London is awesome, I really looked forward to get a game there!

Pr0metheus 1962
Does he have to wear that fricken hood again?

I wonder who's going to be the moustache-twirling bad guy in this one? Unity proved that the days when AC villains used to be complex are well and truly over. So will Charles Darwin be a baby-eater? Will David Livingstone wear costumes decorated with the ears of his victims?

And what about historical accuracy? Will Queen Victoria be a vampire? Will Sir Arthur Conan-Doyle be an Irish breakdancer? Will Alexander Graham Bell be the Chinese master-villain who invented the digital watch? Will Santa be the main character?

Hans684
Don't kill my mood. :rolleyes:

I'm a Templar, i kill everything :rolleyes:

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:36 PM
I think this is where as the phrase goes the series has jumped the shark. This setting makes zero sense for an AC game since Victorian London was fairly stable. But man are they desperate for another ezio trilogy.

UbiSoft marketing are fairly smart in scuttling a sinking ship so quickly. Anyway Victorian london depending on the period, early 1860 or 1880 can give us a chance to see several famous people in London such as Karl Marx or the young Mahatma Gandhi not to mention other victorians like D-ckens or lewis carroll

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Bravo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amelia_Dyer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Neill_Cream

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Worth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehall_Mystery

http://www.historyhouse.co.uk/articles/hooligans.html
http://www.victorianlondon.org/crime1/hooligans.htm

They'll find plenty to tell us. It's not like murder dried up in the Victorian era - far from it. They've always got the "Templars rewrote history" thing to fall back on, if they need to rewrite any death as a cover-up.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 10:36 PM

Fair point. :)

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Fastest leak ever, could be on purpose, "Hey let's forget about Unity's problems, look, the Victorian London you have been asking for, please love us again!"

French Revolution
Victorian London

I dare say Egypt and feudal Japan will come after, it's like they are taking care of the most requested settings.

Xstantin
They'll find plenty to tell us. It's not like murder dried up in the Victorian era - far from it. They've always got the "Templars rewrote history" thing to fall back on, if they need to rewrite any death as a cover-up.

I guess Murder Mysteries will be back as well (if the setting is legit)

Namikaze_17
I'm a Templar, i kill everything :rolleyes:

But your own Brother? :rolleyes:

That's just cold...

Megas_Doux
12-02-2014, 10:39 PM
Fastest leak ever, could be on purpose, "Hey let's forget about Unity's problems, look, the Victorian London you have been asking for, please love us again!"

French Revolution
Victorian London

I dare say Egypt and feudal Japan will come after, it's like they are taking care of the most requested settings.

Indeed.......

I wish they had taken 2015 free, though.

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 10:40 PM

I really hope not. This was the era I was most worried about with retaining the daft hoods.

Still, in Unity you had Bellec and Shay's outfits, which is one more hoodless outfit than AC4 had!

Aphex_Tim

That's just cold...

Have you played Unity? ;)

MakimotoJin
I'm looking at some facts about London,and it was the largest city of the world during that time.
What have you done,Ubi.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 10:41 PM
That was way too soon! Iím excited

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 10:41 PM

Article states he swaps the hood with a top hat at one point. Totally won't look suspicious at all with the rest of the outfit....

Jarek23
12-02-2014, 10:42 PM
There is day/night cycle in Unity.....

Dynamic day/night cycle. Obviously.

Megas_Doux
The problem is this, Ubi is getting TONS of hate, part of it can understand, part of it cant. But rushing things is NOT the answer...

Hans684

That's just cold...

I'm a bad guy, bad guys are Templars :rolleyes:

I'm in the North Atlantic, I'm always cold.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 10:44 PM
Have you played Unity? ;)

Fair enough. :rolleyes:

I wish they had taken 2015 free, though.

Same here, friend. Same here.

I'm a bad guy, bad guys are Templars :rolleyes:

I'm in the North Atlantic, I'm always cold.

And I'm sure we're gonna use the piece of eden to become dictators.

We are selfish, We are cold, We are Templars. :rolleyes:

D.I.D.
The problem is this, Ubi is getting TONS of hate, part of it can understand, part of it cant. But rushing things is NOT the answer...

There's more chance they'll delay this time. They might be aiming for Oct/Nov 2015, but willing to delay to Spring 2016.

Of course, it might also be the case that this game is much further along in development than Unity was in December 2013, and maybe they have reason to be confident about this one.

PTE Reilly
I hope they NEVER get rid of the hoods, Its such an iconic part of the assassins, getting rid of the hoods would be like taking away the hidden blade!

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Article states he swaps the hood with a top hat at one point. Totally won't look suspicious at all with the rest of the outfit....

Top hat?I'm buying it.

melbye82
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
Four wishes for the game:
1. Return of old mechanics that should never have been removed in the first place. i.e whistling and human shields
2. If you are going to have co-op make it so it adjusts to how many people are playing.
3. No content that can only be accessed by using a companion-app, If i paid $60 nothing should be locked out for me
4.Finish the damn game

dimbismp
12-02-2014, 10:46 PM
AC:V will be AC:U.5,you heard it here first.

And grappling hook?Wtf will we play as batman now?

Please,let Darby be in it!!This and 3-4 missions per sequence

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 10:49 PM
Nice damage control from Ubi though given all the hate for Unity.

This game better have a damn good story.

Megas_Doux
12-02-2014, 10:50 PM
Four wishes for the game:
1. Return of old mechanics that should never have been removed in the first place. i.e whistling and human shields

Whistling and human and shields old???? Those appeared in 2012 and ACI did in 2007.

Being honest, since I know how to use stealth and combat, I did not need them in Unity.

ze_topazio
12-02-2014, 10:51 PM
Better version of this pic.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/2/3/8/4/9/ZWDXfbS.jpg.jpg

Will_Lucky
12-02-2014, 10:52 PM
Like I said before Kotaku is such a bad source and also if Ubisoft actually did show them thi sstuff wouldnt they have had to sign a no disclosure agreement?

Nah, people tend to hate on them due to how clickbait some of the authors can be.

Mostly they're alright, in scenerios such as these its more a case of they're actually the ones willing to publish these kinds of stories while other outfits back off in fear. And no Ubi won't have shown them this, someone on the inside will have shown them this as it would appear be the case with the last three titles Kotaku have leaked. No NDA for Kotaku really because they were never supposed to see it, as for the person who showed them this...well.

wvstolzing
12-02-2014, 10:53 PM
This looks way too detailed to be a 'leak'.

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 10:54 PM
Nice damage control from Ubi though given all the hate for Unity.

This game better have a damn good story.

Damn right it better have a good story. And dont make the MD mission pointless like Unity's was.

Though Ubi is probably already 9 years in developing it, lol.

Jon253
Looks really cool, but I was really hoping the next game would be a Napoleonic Wars sequel to Unity.

Hans684
Another Assassin, how exiting! Never had that before.

Thank god it's not continuing Arno's story and how is the accents going to be in this game?

PTE Reilly
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
Nah, people tend to hate on them due to how clickbait some of the authors can be.

Mostly they're alright, in scenerios such as these its more a case of they're actually the ones willing to publish these kinds of stories while other outfits back off in fear. And no Ubi won't have shown them this, someone on the inside will have shown them this as it would appear be the case with the last three titles Kotaku have leaked. No NDA for Kotaku really because they were never supposed to see it, as for the person who showed them this...well.

Ah yes I see what youre saying but if this is real wouldnt ubi take down this thread?

Farlander1991
12-02-2014, 10:55 PM
I seriously can't believe some people think this is fake.

I don't understand how on some obviously fake things people yell 'OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!' and how on some obviously real things people say 'OMG FAKE!!!!' (well, hopefully those are different people in the two categories, but still :p )

Blackred689
12-02-2014, 10:57 PM
Looks great, just what I wanted.

Getting to near the end of Unity and just want more, this Victorian London setting and Unity graphics is going to be excellent indeed.

Megas_Doux

Thank god it's not continuing Arno's story and how is the accents going to be in this game?

The complaint about no funny/fake accents is OVERRATED.

Namikaze_17

Makes me wonder what happened to Shay? :(

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 10:58 PM

Very French this time :p

ACfan443
Better version of this pic.

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles//a/1/7/2/3/8/4/9/ZWDXfbS.jpg.jpg

Goddamm, Palace of Westminster and Big Ben, that is one amazing shot.

This has controlled leak written all over it, they must be really desperate to divert the attention away from Unity's messy launch.

PTE Reilly
I seriously can't believe some people think this is fake.

I don't understand how on some obviously fake things people yell 'OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!!!' and how on some obviously real things people say 'OMG FAKE!!!!' (well, hopefully those are different people in the two categories, but still :p )

TBH until ubi confirms this it is niether fake or legit

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 10:59 PM
This isn't fake, people. Hell, it might be Unity 2.5 but I'll take it gladly; Unity's mechanics with a story that doesn't suck would be amazing. Grappling hook seems kinda weird, but we'll see how it goes. I'm going to seriously facepalm if he shoots it out of his hidden blade though. Phantom Blade was already a stretch, that would just be too much. I'm really surprised it isn't Arno, but I was right in guessing we'd be going to London :) Wonder if it's the much-rumored Sam Fey. Would be interesting to play as a family man.

Oh, and for those saying the outfit is bad; it kind of is, IMO, but remember that A.) Unity's customization mechanic will likely return in some fashion, and B.) this is just the target gameplay footage. At that stage of AC3's development, this is what Connor looked like.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926003333/assassinscreed/images/a/ab/Early_version_on_Connor_Kenways_outfit.jpg

And for much of the development, they just reused Ezio's skin.

http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/assassins-creed-3/thumb/8/83/Assassins_Creed_3.Screenshots.337.jpg/468px-Assassins_Creed_3.Screenshots.337.jpg

Hans684
12-02-2014, 10:59 PM

That's wast a complain, just a reference to Unity and some previous discussions before release.

Very French this time :p

I belive you, I have sources :p

Makes me wonder what happened to Shay? :(

Died of Shayme

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 11:00 PM

Hopefully they won't ask any more North Americans to attempt an English accent, because what the Hell, …lise. What the actual Hell.

[edit] Oh no, I just realised. Don't invite Nolan North back, because he can't do an English accent to save his life either, and what the Hell, Batman: Arkham and Shadow Of Mordor. What the actual Hell.

JustPlainQuirky
Please be well written

Please add to the overarching narrative

Please dont have pointless MD mission

This is all I ask Ubi. This is a time period I really like. Don't ruin this for me.

And i wonder if the revelation of Jack The Ripper's true identity messed with the writing, lol.

TimeLock09
It's real guys

"It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public. The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date. In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players."

http://www.pcgamer.com/report-the-next-assassins-creed-game-will-be-set-in-victorian-london/

andrew_m50
And in 2016 we will get Egyipt or Japan. :)

I think it's no question we will get all the requested eras/locations.

Bigodon
http://i.imgur.com/Q3OjVSu.gif

for real ubi? could you PLEASE fix unity first? you know.. i still have to finish it's story and other stuff

i approve the settings and i'm in, not for any close day one but for sure

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 11:01 PM
I guess this means we won't be seeing Elizabethan London any time soon.

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 11:01 PM

Wait and see, the people of London will be speaking with outrageous French accents.

Will_Lucky
12-02-2014, 11:03 PM
I guess this means we won't be seeing Elizabethan London any time soon.

My biggest regret, is I fear with this new 1:1 scale city tech we won't see another AC1 or 2. Imagine a title taking place during the Civil War say a 1625-1660 timeframe, god I'd jump on that.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 11:03 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q3OjVSu.gif

for real ubi? could you PLEASE fix unity first? you know.. i still have to finish it's story and other stuff

i approve the settings and i'm in, not for any close day one but for sure

Here:

"It is always unfortunate when internal assets, not intended for public consumption, are leaked. And, while we certainly welcome anticipation for all of our upcoming titles, we're disappointed for our fans, and our development team, that this conceptual asset is now public. The team in our Quebec studio has been hard at work on the particular game in question for the past few years, and we're excited to officially unveil what the studio has been working on at a later date. In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players."

http://www.pcgamer.com/report-the-next-assassins-creed-game-will-be-set-in-victorian-london/

egriffin09
12-02-2014, 11:04 PM
the screens look amazing. But to be honest, the London setting gives off a AC:U kind of vibe just a bit more modern with cars and trains, not complaining because Paris is beautiful. Just kind of wish they would go in another direction setting wise, somewhere with urban setting but a different time in history. I don't want this to feel like an expansion pack of AC U. I don't know what I wish the setting was, I just wish it was different. I have a feeling this will just be a polished version of AC:U.

ACfan443
12-02-2014, 11:05 PM
This comment on the Neogaf thread sent my sides to space

2015: Everything was Victorian London

Can't wait for Call of Dunny: Advanced Wanker

Assassin_M
This is NOT the game, people. It's a target footage. Don't you kiddies scream downgrade later, it's not the game.

D.I.D.
My biggest regret, is I fear with this new 1:1 scale city tech we won't see another AC1 or 2. Imagine a title taking place during the Civil War say a 1625-1660 timeframe, god I'd jump on that.

Given the possibility that Dťsilets will win his rights back for 1666:Amsterdam (or even that he already has, judging by his recent cryptic tweets), I can see why Ubi would not touch the mid 1600s era of London with a bargepole.

Xstantin
12-02-2014, 11:06 PM
This is NOT the game, people. It's a target footage. Don't you kiddies scream downgrade later, it's not the game.

I can hear downgrade complaints already :rolleyes:

Aphex_Tim
12-02-2014, 11:06 PM

It's gonna happen. I guarantee it.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 11:07 PM
Please be well written

Please add to the overarching narrative

Please dont have pointless MD mission

This is all I ask Ubi. This is a time period I really like. Don't ruin this for me.

And i wonder if the revelation of Jack The Ripper's true identity messed with the writing, lol.

Probably.

It won't.

It will.

Me as well friend. ;__;

That'll probably be interesting...

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:08 PM
I told everyone that the next game is gonna be Victorian England and yet everybody insisted on Napoleonic Wars. Arno wasnít well received and neither did ACU. They wereít gonna pick up a story that many people didnít like so much. They might make the game after this one in Egypt and set it during the Napoleonic Wars. Thatís as far as theyíll go, I think.

But England, this was inevitable.

ACfan443
12-02-2014, 11:08 PM

It doesn't look that much different to Unity, which is easily one of the best looking games ever.

Assassin_M
12-02-2014, 11:09 PM
It's gonna happen. I guarantee it.

I can hear downgrade complaints already :rolleyes:

I swear, I'm of two minds about making a thread saying that this is not what the game looks like.

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I told everyone that the next game is gonna be Victorian England and yet everybody insisted on Napoleonic Wars. Arno wasnít well received and neither did ACU. They wereít gonna pick up a story that many people didnít like so much. They might make the game after this one in Egypt and set it during the Napoleonic Wars. Thatís as far as theyíll go, I think.

Makes sense with all the English focus since AC3

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 11:10 PM
Unity looks fine to me tbh.

So idc if it 'downgrades'

now whether its a GOOD game is another topic, lol

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 11:10 PM
How can anyone be excited for this after AC Unity... That game was like AC3 all over again for me.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:11 PM
I told everyone that the next game is gonna be Victorian England and yet everybody insisted on Napoleonic Wars. Arno wasn’t well received and neither did ACU. They were’t gonna pick up a story that many people didn’t like so much. They might make the game after this one in Egypt and set it during the Napoleonic Wars. That’s as far as they’ll go, I think.

Eh, I just assumed it'd be Arno again because he was written as a sort of easy-going, crowd-pleasing type of character. Unity's sequel would have already been in development before Unity launched, so they wouldn't have been able to use feedback received from Unity when choosing which protagonist to go with.

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 11:11 PM
How can anyone be excited for this after AC Unity... That game was like AC3 all over again for me.

I just like the fancy outfits, buildings, and jack the ripper, lol.

#ShallowReasonIKnow

wvstolzing
12-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Is there a link to the *video*?

Pr0metheus 1962
Wait and see, the people of London will be speaking with outrageous French accents.

Well, we saw with Unity the sort of British upper class accents we're likely to get, and what it means is that everyone will be speaking as if they've got a potato stuck in their mouths, and they'll all say "can't" wrong (because apparently Canadian actors didn't get the memo explaining that British people say it differently).

Hans684

AC3 was better, sure it had it's problems but at least it was more intact than whatever Unity is supposed to be.

LoyalACFan

Disagree, everything aside from the story and OCCASIONAL glitches were everything I want from AC

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 11:13 PM
the screens look amazing. But to be honest, the London setting gives off a AC:U kind of vibe just a bit more modern with cars and trains, not complaining because Paris is beautiful. Just kind of wish they would go in another direction setting wise, somewhere with urban setting but a different time in history. I don't want this to feel like an expansion pack of AC U. I don't know what I wish the setting was, I just wish it was different. I have a feeling this will just be a polished version of AC:U.

Won't be cars, unless they show us some experimental vehicles in private hands. Proper cars with petrol engines didn't appear as a real transportation option in Europe until the late 1880s. London was behind the curve on this, too, so adoption came even later than the establishment of Benz's German market.

crusader_prophet
UbiSoft seriously needs to stop this from releasing if they do not want the franchise to go into grounds and disappear as dust. This release has to stop. This is junk! They could not deliver on Unity, and there is already news on another installment. Need for some serious damage control here. I have bought every game in AC, but WILL NOT buy this one.

pacmanate
I am not excited....

In regards of Unity, I loved Paris and the game is running pretty cool in my PC. The story is meh, whereas the combat and mission design were a return to roots.....

Thats what I mean, one of the shortest stories and buggiest games for a thing that was APPARENTLY 4 years in development.

What lesson did I learn? That development time means nothing. And I will not get this on release. Its going to be plagued with bugs, I can see it now.

Namikaze_17
12-02-2014, 11:14 PM
Hopefully this is the AC2 successor everyone wants... :rolleyes:

AC3 was better, sure it had it's problems but at least it was more intact than whatever Unity is supposed to be.

Agreed.

LoyalACFan
Thats what I mean, one of the shortest stories and buggiest games for a thing that was APPARENTLY 4 years in development.

What lesson did I learn? That development time means nothing. And I will not get this on release. Its going to be plagued with bugs, I can see it now.

Eh, I can see it being to ACU what AC4 was to AC3. Perfecting the formula.

Xstantin
I just like the fancy outfits, buildings, and jack the ripper, lol.

#ShallowReasonIKnow

On another note, now with the recent news about his identity I'm curious to see if there'll be threads about Jack not being true to historical research like it happened with Unity :rolleyes: of course if he happens to be featured

Hans684
UbiSoft seriously needs to stop this from releasing if they do not want the franchise to go into grounds and disappear as dust. This release has to stop. This is junk! They could not deliver on Unity, and there is already news on another installment. Need for some serious damage control here. I have bought every game in AC, but WILL NOT buy this one.

You just got an forum account, you will buy the next AC.

pacmanate
Disagree, everything aside from the story and OCCASIONAL glitches were everything I want from AC

"Aside from the story" is ridiculous. Thats why I play AC games. The story sucked.

What i meant by AC3 over again was that I didn't like the core aspects, mission design etc. Unity fixed that, but has a story not even worth my time. Heck I said if AC4 sucked I would give up on the franchise. Same thing now goes for ACV

VoXngola
12-02-2014, 11:15 PM
I...am neither happy nor mad. I just can't think straight anymore.
What do I make of this?

Aphex_Tim
I swear, I'm of two minds about making a thread saying that this is not what the game looks like.

You could do that. But that ain't gonna stop the giant army of facebook keyboard warriors once the game nears completion.

Zafar1981
I'll buy this game, but my biggest concerns are
1) There should be no locked constants for which I have to play some stupid companion apps.
2) Day Night cycle should be proper not they way they did in unity buy putting clouds on sun to make it darker.
3) Guns: Man I hate guns in the series. I hate them and I hate them.
4) You can ride the house in the city. Its early Industrial era and horse riding is till common in that time.
5) London shouldn't be the only city in this game, There should be at least one more major city which looks different from London game play wise.(Still One year you have Ubisoft you can make it and don't tell me that Staff at Ubisoft Quebec is making this game before the studio was born).
6) I want my previous Outfits unlocked and I don't need to open stupid initiates chests.

egriffin09
Also, my guess is that the streets are so wider than AC III because of cars, that the grapple hook is used to get round the city without actually touching the ground. I like the Batman series, but I bet this grapple hook is used exactly like it is in Batman or really similar.

JustPlainQuirky
On another note, now with the recent news about his identity I'm curious to see if there'll be threads about Jack not being true to historical research like it happened with Unity :rolleyes: of course if he happens to be featured

That's what I said earlier.

I hope Ubi took the time to go back in the script and make the change.

Megas_Doux

I agree, w ont preorder or even get the game at released either. In fact I wish they had taken 2015 off....

Farlander1991
12-02-2014, 11:16 PM

To be fair, apparently this time it's target footage that's not pre-rendered but made directly in-engine.

And at least it's better to have it that way than the 'OMFG THOSE SCREENS LOOK LIKE ****' of the Unity leak :p

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 11:16 PM

Well AC3 had a new engine.
ACIV was pretty awesome and was released after AC3,using the same engine.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:18 PM
"Aside from the story" is ridiculous. Thats why I play AC games. The story sucked.

What i meant by AC3 over again was that I didn't like the core aspects, mission design etc. Unity fixed that, but has a story not even worth my time. Heck I said if AC4 sucked I would give up on the franchise. Same thing now goes for ACV

Man, it feels weird typing ACV. Can't help reading it as Assassin's Creed Five.

But I get where you're coming from. I loved the gameplay, city, and assassinations enough for me to partially forgive the story (which I didn't actively hate, per se, it just wasn't memorable in the slightest). Overall Unity was a fulfilled wish. If we can get Unity mechanics with a (hopefully) Darby-penned story, then hooray!

egriffin09
12-02-2014, 11:19 PM
Really don't know how to feel about this announcement..neither happy or sad..just meh. Meh is how I felt about Black Flag's announcement, but that game turned out great, hopefully this will turn out great as well.

DumbGamerTag94
I'm guessing they are going to smash the 19th century within a few years the way they did with the 18th. Here's my guess

2015: Victorian London 1870s-1880s

2016: Napoleonic Wars 1805-1815

2017: India under the British Raj circa 1890s(Victory Sequel?) or the Sepoy rebellion 1857

2018: US Civil War 1850s-1860s

2019: China during the Opium Wars 1839-1860

They will roughly cover the entire century within a few years the way they did the 18th century.

All these together pretty much cover all the popular/extremely major events around the world at that time. So this is my fairly confident list.

D.I.D.
I'll buy this game, but my biggest concerns are

3) Guns: Man I hate guns in the series. I hate them and I hate them.

Sadly for you, gun crime was edging towards epidemic proportions towards the end of the Victorian era, and then worse again in the Edwardian era. This is the beginning of the UK's modern firearms laws and the establishment of a fairly anti-gun culture, but until then guns were a huge problem: criminal gangs having shoot-outs with police in the streets. No restrictions of guns whatsoever.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7056245.stm

wvstolzing
And let's not have to sell our souls to Lucifer, this time around, to unlock the Altair outfit.

Megas_Doux
12-02-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm guessing they are going to smash the 19th century within 3 years the way they did with the 18th. Here's my guess

2015: Victorian London 1870s-1880s

2016: Napoleonic Wars 1805-1815

2017: India under the British Raj circa 1890s(Victory Sequel?) or the Sepoy rebellion 1857

2018: US Civil War 1850s-1860s

2019: China during the Opium Wars 1839-1860

They will roughly cover the entire century within a few years the way they did the 18th century.

All these together pretty much cover all the popular/extremely major events around the world at that time. So this is my fairly confident list.

You might be right....

egriffin09
Man, it feels weird typing ACV. Can't help reading it as Assassin's Creed Five.

But I get where you're coming from. I loved the gameplay, city, and assassinations enough for me to partially forgive the story (which I didn't actively hate, per se, it just wasn't memorable in the slightest). Overall Unity was a fulfilled wish. If we can get Unity mechanics with a (hopefully) Darby-penned story, then hooray!

^^^This. ACU polished mechanics & Darby's pen, then Hooray!!!

D.I.D.
Also, my guess is that the streets are so wider than AC III because of cars, that the grapple hook is used to get round the city without actually touching the ground. I like the Batman series, but I bet this grapple hook is used exactly like it is in Batman or really similar.

Not cars. Carriages.

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:22 PM
And let's not have to sell our souls to Lucifer, this time around, to unlock the Altair outfit.

Best nickname for Initiates so far after they made it a companion app 2.0

Bashilir
That's what I said earlier.

I hope Ubi took the time to go back in the script and make the change.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/jack-the-ripper-id-hinges-on-a-decimal-point-as-scientists-flag-up-dna-error-in-book-that-claims-to-identify-the-whitechapel-killer-9804325.html

MakimotoJin

Or not be able to get it at all like in Rogue.

Rugterwyper32
12-02-2014, 11:24 PM
Assassin's Creed: Unity
Assassin's Creed: Victory
Assassin's Creed: Wumbo
Assassin's Creed: Xenomorphs
Assassin's Creed: Yodeling
Assassin's Creed: Zebra

Might as well finish the alphabet and start from A onwards after that.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 11:27 PM

The recent "news"? You mean the latest theory.

They've done the DNA evidence before - so far, each time they test DNA they come up with a new killer.

RinoTheBouncer
Now the big question is: WHO IS OUR NEW HERO?!

Makes sense with all the English focus since AC3

Yeah. I thought the same, beside the fact that fans have been demanding that literally every single time a poll about future settings is open.

Unity looks fine to me tbh.

So idc if it 'downgrades'

now whether its a GOOD game is another topic, lol

Downgrades? like the screenshots are particularly CGI-like to expect a downgrade. If goes beneath this, weíre going back to PS2 LOL. I mean it looks good for a footage leaked that far from the release date, but definitely not good for a final product.

I honestly donít know what to think. Iím excited yes, but I believe that Unityís mistakes arenít gonna be repeated here. I just hope they give us a proper modern day. Something out of the Animus, regardless of who the character is or from what perspective we see the world. I wanna see progress and I wanna see a proper story with a proper ending. Unity was amazing up until the ending. The ending ruined everything for me, just like in ACIII.

Eh, I just assumed it'd be Arno again because he was written as a sort of easy-going, crowd-pleasing type of character. Unity's sequel would have already been in development before Unity launched, so they wouldn't have been able to use feedback received from Unity when choosing which protagonist to go with.

Well since the game looks this good so far, means that probably started working on it around the same time as ACU. So they probably havenít developed Arno well enough that time to plan 2 games for him. Besides, I didnít think theyíd pull another Ezio move, again. That one succeeded but repeating it wonít work. They could be doing Napoleonic Wars later in Egypt, perhaps to kill 2 birds with a stone. The fan favorite setting and the continuation of Napoleonís story and perhaps Arno in a secondary role or a cameo.

dxsxhxcx
this kind of thing "leaking" so early only shows how Ubisoft got hurt from Unity's disastrous release/reception...

D.I.D.
12-02-2014, 11:30 PM
this kind of thing "leaking" so early only shows how Ubisoft got hurt from Unity's disastrous release/reception...

Kotaku's writers are insisting in the comments that it is a genuine leak and not a cunning promotional pretend leak by Ubi itself, and they don't have the greatest relationship with Ubisoft right now. They don't have a reason to lie on Ubi's behalf.

Sejdovic11
12-02-2014, 11:30 PM
Now we can just wait for some fancy trailers, a lot of BS from directors and that's it, brand new AC. And probably they are going to say that it was in development for 5 years. They can hope that people will jump on hype train again, so they will be able to release another buggy, poorly optimized game. Hooray!

Oh, and how could I forget that... PLEASE UBISOFT, PLEASE!!

Make sure that you lock your in-game content behind some AWESOME companion apps! And oh, don't forget about those AMAZING microtransactions! You're the best! And please, don't bother with optimization, nobody needs good optimized game today...

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 11:32 PM
It's legit.Ubisoft said this about the leak:

JustPlainQuirky
12-02-2014, 11:33 PM
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/jack-the-ripper-id-hinges-on-a-decimal-point-as-scientists-flag-up-dna-error-in-book-that-claims-to-identify-the-whitechapel-killer-9804325.html

god damn it.

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Now the big question is: WHO IS OUR NEW HERO?!.

The good guy, no gray erea as always.

Yeah. I thought the same, beside the fact that fans have been demanding that literally every single time a poll about future settings is open.

True, looks like fan demands is a current gen focus but I don't want them to make games in fan demanded places with a butchered story. Like Vikings, First Civ era... Things like that.

Alphacos007
12-02-2014, 11:35 PM
We will never know who Jack actually was :rolleyes:
I hope we happen to see him in the game, but I don't want his identity "revealed" there, he must be a mysterious character.

PunishedRated
Don't **** this up Ubi, I've been waiting for this for a long time. After this I do hope we go way back in time, before Altair.

TwentyGlyphs

I don't understand the idea that Assassin's Creed must be set during an unstable time period. I think Alex Hutchinson may have said this was their aim, but I don't understand why it has to be the mantra of the entire series. It always felt like Hutchinson spoke more for AC3 than for the brand, especially since he's not even working on the AC brand right now.

Why can't a setting just be a really cool location and time for a setting? Especially after the way they underutilized the French Revolution, which feels like an afterthought, I'd just like a really good story that hits the major beats of its setting and historical figures and reveals more about the First Civilization during a cool time period. Sort of like Black Flag.

I expected this setting after some rumors of Victorian London started swirling a little bit last year. After Paris was shown for Unity, it seemed natural to take a trip to Victorian London next. I'm definitely very interested in the setting. But I still want to see them move backwards. We've been stuck in the same general time period for so long now since AC3. This would be the furthest out from AC3's time, but I'd like to see something older again. Maybe even something from the classical world of the Greeks or Romans. Something in India, China, or Japan from any time period. Something different.

And this has all the hallmarks of being a leak by Ubisoft themselves to change the narrative away from Unity's criticism. Before the leaks were just some information and a few screenshots only for Unity. The wording of the article makes it feel so much like this is just Ubisoft PR "leaking" the info to them. Companies do this all the time to set expectations or shape the narrative. I must say it's an intelligent move that just might work.

[Insert obligatory joke about the characters speaking with a French accent in Victorian London here]

TO_M
Now we can just wait for some fancy trailers, a lot of BS from directors and that's it, brand new AC. And probably they are going to say that it was in development for 5 years. They can hope that people will jump on hype train again, so they will be able to release another buggy, poorly optimized game. Hooray!

Indeed, it's the same story every year, with them ignoring most of the feedback they get/have gotten from the previous (two) games.

They should have taken a break.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 11:36 PM
In the meantime, our number one priority is enhancing the experience of Assassin's Creed Unity for players."

Which, translated from Propagandese to English, means "We're doing everything in our power to make you believe we're sorry that we screwed you over".

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:36 PM

I hate that we live in a world where high sevens and low eights = disastrous.

Pandassin
12-02-2014, 11:37 PM
Omgggggg YES YES YES! I've been waiting for a Victorian London setting for a while now, this looks epic.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Omgggggg YES YES YES! I've been waiting for a Victorian London setting for a while now, this looks epic.

Your username is funnier to me than it should be.

Edit- wait, WTF, you joined before we knew what Arno's name was. Did you change it?

MakimotoJin
12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Which, translated from Propagandese to English, means "We're doing everything in our power to make you believe we're sorry that we screwed you over".

Yup.

ACfan443
12-02-2014, 11:39 PM
I'm willing to bet St. Paul's Cathedral will be marketed as the new Notre Dame. It'll probably be featured in every one of their 200 trailers along with Big Ben.

Ezio270
12-02-2014, 11:40 PM
omg ! that's what i'm looking for it's the Victorian London :cool::cool:

dxsxhxcx
12-02-2014, 11:41 PM
Kotaku's writers are insisting in the comments that it is a genuine leak and not a cunning promotional pretend leak by Ubi itself, and they don't have the greatest relationship with Ubisoft right now. They don't have a reason to lie on Ubi's behalf.

what makes you believe that whoever sent this to Kotaku didn't do on purpose on Ubisoft's behalf? Right now the internet is probably being flooded with articles about this leak and we are going to begin to hear less and less about Unity and its problems... well, kudos for Ubisoft, someone there really deserves a raise, this is what I call damage control..

Ezio270
it's been so long time ! waiting for this surprise !

D.I.D.
I don't understand the idea that Assassin's Creed must be set during an unstable time period. I think Alex Hutchinson may have said this was their aim, but I don't understand why it has to be the mantra of the entire series. It always felt like Hutchinson spoke more for AC3 than for the brand, especially since he's not even working on the AC brand right now.

Why can't a setting just be a really cool location and time for a setting? Especially after the way they underutilized the French Revolution, which feels like an afterthought, I'd just like a really good story that hits the major beats of its setting and historical figures and reveals more about the First Civilization during a cool time period. Sort of like Black Flag.

I expected this setting after some rumors of Victorian London started swirling a little bit last year. After Paris was shown for Unity, it seemed natural to take a trip to Victorian London next. I'm definitely very interested in the setting. But I still want to see them move backwards. We've been stuck in the same general time period for so long now since AC3. This would be the furthest out from AC3's time, but I'd like to see something older again. Maybe even something from the classical world of the Greeks or Romans. Something in India, China, or Japan from any time period. Something different.

And this has all the hallmarks of being a leak by Ubisoft themselves to change the narrative away from Unity's criticism. Before the leaks were just some information and a few screenshots only for Unity. The wording of the article makes it feel so much like this is just Ubisoft PR "leaking" the info to them. Companies do this all the time to set expectations or shape the narrative. I must say it's an intelligent move that just might work.

[Insert obligatory joke about the characters speaking with a French accent in Victorian London here]

Yes. I'm so glad it's a normal time period, without a revolution, without an army on the streets, without some big emancipation theme. It'll be nice to have a break from attempts at the epic moment.

RzaRecta357
Oh man so I'm late to the party... What's everyones thoughts? I don't want to burn through 17 pages LOL. Anyway.. ERA AND OUTFIT ARE SICK! Been waiting for this one, seriously.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
The good guy, no gray erea as always.

True, looks like fan demands is a current gen focus but I don't want them to make games in fan demanded places with a butchered story. Like Vikings, First Civ era... Things like that.

I honestly do want a First Civ. setting. That would be a dream come true.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm willing to bet St. Paul's Cathedral will be marketed as the new Notre Dame. It'll probably be featured in every one of their 200 trailers along with Big Ben.

I'd go with Big Ben and Windsor Castle. I know it's not technically within London's city limits, but I'm willing to bet they'll use Windsor as a secondary map like Versailles. Tower of London will probably feature prominently as well.

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
Talking to Rino on facebook about this makes me even more worried haha.

All this new mechanic stuff is great but like I said before, STORY. Thats why I play AC games. The story is the hook, its so rich and you can do so many things but ACU was so disappointing. The MD, Arnos story, the first civ stuff. All of it.

Im ashamed to call myself an AC fan at this point, I really am.

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:45 PM
I honestly do want a First Civ. setting. That would be a dream come true.

Indeed but they should get the story back in track first.

souNdwAve89
12-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Wow... this came out insanely fast when you compare this to AC3's and AC4's "leak".

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 11:47 PM
Wow... this came out insanely fast when you compare this to AC3's and AC4's "leak".

Yep, 3 weeks after the release of 2 games is just crazy

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:48 PM
I just want AC to bring back the feeling that the classics gave to me. I didn’t know the game, I loved it because it impressed me. I played AC1 and it’s boring, repetitive gameplay and still ADORED it for the story and then came the epic Ezio trilogy. I kept saying “NOBODY TELLS STORIES ABOUT CONSPIRACIES, HISTORY, MYTHS AND FACTS LIKE AC!”. I want the new game to make me say that again.

Ezio270
12-02-2014, 11:48 PM
hey guys ! anyone got the video of target footage ?

Ureh
12-02-2014, 11:49 PM
Oh man so I'm late to the party... What's everyones thoughts? I don't want to burn through 17 pages LOL. Anyway.. ERA AND OUTFIT ARE SICK! Been waiting for this one, seriously.

I like everything they've shown in the shots so far... except for the outfit. Looks like Edward's top half and Shay's bottom part. o.O Hopefully it's a placeholder.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Indeed but they should get the story back in track first.

I really hope so and they need to make the next game actually take the story somewhere. These baby steps arenít really doing anything. Weíve got 2 games this year and all we got about the MD and First Civ. story is a total of 2 minutes Juno recordings from ACRo.

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 11:51 PM
I like everything they've shown in the shots so far... except for the outfit. Looks like Edward's top half and Shay's bottom part. o.O Hopefully it's a placeholder.

Target bullshots by the looks of it. I would say placeholder. To me it looks really out of place with the time period.

Pr0metheus 1962

Surely we've strongly suspected for a while that it was going to be Victorian London. When I got this news I wasn't surprised at all - I've been expecting it.

What would have surprised me is if they'd said it would be Feudal Japan, or that the next game's protagonist would be a woman. Those would be shockers. This was expected.

RA503
The guy in the first image looks a lot like germain.

RinoTheBouncer
12-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I’m hoping for an elegant outfit. I mean I don’t know if the character is gonna be poor or rich, British or foreign and we don’t even know if he’s driven by revenge (again) or perhaps born and raised into the Creed. I don’t know. I’m excited to know those stuff but PLEASE UBISOFT, THE STORY IS GOD IN ASSASSIN’S CREED WORLD!

RzaRecta357
12-02-2014, 11:54 PM

I doubt they'd go back on the gear thing now so we'll probably have a wide range my friend. I personally love the Edward esque shoulders. Englanders and all that.

EDIT --

Also, the story? So Arno's was more personal as was Shay's.. Most people love Shay. What gives? I don't mind them doing some crazy stuff but let's not have them be apart of every historical event of the era.

Ureh
12-02-2014, 11:55 PM
Arthur Conan Doyle: I intend to write a book about you (Sherlock Holmes).
Samuel*: If you do, make it long. -leap of faith-

*name subject to change

Hans684
12-02-2014, 11:55 PM
I really hope so and they need to make the next game actually take the story somewhere. These baby steps arenít really doing anything. Weíve got 2 games this year and all we got about the MD and First Civ. story is a total of 2 minutes Juno recordings from ACRo.

I don't hope for something that's most likely not going to happen, it just leads to disappointment. I did the mistake with Unity, won't do it again.(Unity is my AC3). Don't expect the current saga to move the story(or whatever that's left of it), it's sad.

M4EOzzy
12-02-2014, 11:56 PM
No one is going to preorder this right? No one is going to buy it until reviews right? We're going to make it clear to Ubisoft that we want reviews prior to release correct? Genuinely surprised by the positive responses in this thread (and I'm a massive fan of the franchise).

pacmanate
12-02-2014, 11:57 PM
No one is going to preorder this right? No one is going to buy it until reviews right? We're going to make it clear to Ubisoft that we want reviews prior to release correct? Genuinely surprised by the positive responses in this thread (and I'm a massive fan of the franchise).

I sure as hell am not gonna pre order it. Didnt for AC4 as i was scared due to AC3. Wont for Victory cause of Unity.

LoyalACFan
12-02-2014, 11:58 PM
Arthur Conan Doyle: I intend to write a book about you (Sherlock Holmes).
Samuel*: If you do, make it long. -leap of faith-

*name subject to change

I'd love an Assassin who's a more logical, cerebral type. A thinker, not someone who acts on emotion.

I'm basically asking for Altair with a monocle and muttonchops.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 12:01 AM
I'd love an Assassin who's a more logical, cerebral type. A thinker, not someone who acts on emotion.

This.

Sejdovic11
12-03-2014, 12:01 AM

I won't pre-order it, I won't buy it until I read some good reviews, and I won't buy it until I try it, and see the "stuff" with my own eyes. I'm surprised too, you are not alone :)

rprkjj
12-03-2014, 12:02 AM
http://media20.giphy.com/media/11mg18l2JvX1TO/giphy.gif?w=320

I'm genuinely surprised right now. I do really like what they had shown, but I now have a feeling of immense excitement as well as puzzlement. Can't wait till we get more details.

mikeyf1999
12-03-2014, 12:03 AM

Nah I'm still pre ordering it

D.I.D.
12-03-2014, 12:04 AM

I preordered Revelations. It was flat.

I preordered ACIII. It was flat.

Of course I won't preorder The Order:1888. I mean, of course I'll preorder AC: Victory. No, wait. I'll figure this out, I will.

souNdwAve89
12-03-2014, 12:06 AM
Surely we've strongly suspected for a while that it was going to be Victorian London. When I got this news I wasn't surprised at all - I've been expecting it.

What would have surprised me is if they'd said it would be Feudal Japan, or that the next game's protagonist would be a woman. Those would be shockers. This was expected.

But I'm not talking about the setting. I'm talking about how fast this got "leaked". And I put quotes because I don't think these are leaks anymore, but Ubisoft is pretending it's a leak. Out of all their franchises, AC gets leaked the most ever since AC3. The fact that this came out not even a month yet with 2 AC games recently released is insane. I'm not against the setting either since it's one of my top 5. I'm just amazed that it came out this early.

RinoTheBouncer
I don't hope for something that's most likely not going to happen, it just leads to disappointment. I did the mistake with Unity, won't do it again.(Unity is my AC3). Don't expect the current saga to move the story(or whatever that's left of it), it's sad.

Iím not really expecting anything. I mean I came to Unity and Rogue with ZERO expectations even though I was excite for the new game, yet I put in mind the idea that the story took the backseat, thatí why I loved and appreciated what they had to offer, yet I was utterly disappointed by the ending of ACU. That one was just beyond disappointing.

Zafar1981
I would love the next game if it was set in Medieval times or time before that like in Roman era, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egypt or the desert of Arab. As the new system have stunning graphics I love the game which have a combination of rural and urban locations. When you came out of city walls you will find fields of grains, farmer working in it. Small villages all around the maps and roads connecting cities. Instead of once city there are multiple cities and map would be just like Black Flag. Instead of water its country side areas and when you enter the city it turns into city map.
No loading when you enter or exit the city or other locations. I don't know if they can make a game like this but about Victory it would be a replica of Unity, may be with some less glitches and errors but it feels same like Unity.
Wish if Ubisoft would make this game because I feel that a game like this would definitely be a fun to explore. Just imagine you are playing AC 1 and you came out of Masyaf and going to Damascus and there is no loading screen when you exit Masyaf to kingdom and the Kingdom is full of fields, small villages and lots of side quests to do(not collecting flags). Helping citizen from bully, doing courier jobs, doing assassin jobs, hunting animals,beat cheating husband. You would definitely love to explore the kingdom.
So when you enter the city you will find a different atmosphere, populated streets, merchant stands, tall building and a busy life.

MakimotoJin
12-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Kotaku confirmed this is target footage,right?

D.I.D.
12-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Kotaku confirmed this is target footage,right?

Yeah. You can read a blow-by-blow account of the footage they saw at the link, but of course they often prepare scenes that will not be in the game.

TwentyGlyphs
12-03-2014, 12:10 AM
I want this too. Basically I want someone who sees a First Civilization artifact and goes, "Wow, that's amazing technology. Let's explore this to find the truth." That's how AltaÔr ended up, but we only got that sense of him from his Codex. I'd like to see the protagonist trying to dig into that mystery so that we can learn more about the First Civilization and how some of their technology works along with him. I'm tired of seeing the protagonist flummoxed by the First Civilization stuff and just sort of going along with it.

rprkjj
12-03-2014, 12:11 AM
i'd love an assassin who's a more logical, cerebral type. A thinker, not someone who acts on emotion.

I'm basically asking for altair with a monocle and muttonchops.

yeeeeessss.

Riku_Kurosaki15
12-03-2014, 12:13 AM

I have an inside guy who says you can expect to hear the type of French accents in ACV like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

pacmanate
12-03-2014, 12:16 AM
I have an inside guy who says you can expect to hear the type of French accents in ACV like in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yjNbcKkNY

Hahahaha

RinoTheBouncer
12-03-2014, 12:17 AM
I want a guy who’s dark and mysterious. Someone like Altair, and perhaps darker.

pacmanate
12-03-2014, 12:21 AM
I want a guy who’s dark and mysterious. Someone like Altair, and perhaps darker.

I hope hes dark. This whole setting is, cant wait to see dense fog on the streets

dxsxhxcx

Monty Python never gets old... lol

TwentyGlyphs
I would love the next game if it was set in Medieval times or time before that like in Roman era, Ancient Greek, Ancient Egypt or the desert of Arab. As the new system have stunning graphics I love the game which have a combination of rural and urban locations. When you came out of city walls you will find fields of grains, farmer working in it. Small villages all around the maps and roads connecting cities. Instead of once city there are multiple cities and map would be just like Black Flag. Instead of water its country side areas and when you enter the city it turns into city map.
No loading when you enter or exit the city or other locations. I don't know if they can make a game like this but about Victory it would be a replica of Unity, may be with some less glitches and errors but it feels same like Unity.
Wish if Ubisoft would make this game because I feel that a game like this would definitely be a fun to explore. Just imagine you are playing AC 1 and you came out of Masyaf and going to Damascus and there is no loading screen when you exit Masyaf to kingdom and the Kingdom is full of fields, small villages and lots of side quests to do(not collecting flags). Helping citizen from bully, doing courier jobs, doing assassin jobs, hunting animals,beat cheating husband. You would definitely love to explore the kingdom.
So when you enter the city you will find a different atmosphere, populated streets, merchant stands, tall building and a busy life.
Totally agree. Paris is impressive, but after a while it gets old. They did a great job of making the different districts feel unique, so that does help. But I really miss the days of AC1 and AC2 where we got to visit several cities and varied locations with some countryside areas. Part of the appeal of Black Flag was the variety of locations to explore. Even then, it was always something dealing with the ocean. I want multiple cities with some country to return soon, and I'll take smaller cities in exchange.

TheHumanTowel
12-03-2014, 12:26 AM
Fist fighting on top of a carriage.....

Lord give me strength.

Might be okay though I can't see the victorian era lending much people to be assassinated. The new assassin sure likes buckles.

pacmanate
12-03-2014, 12:28 AM

Lord give me strength.

Might be okay though I can't see the victorian era lending much people to be assassinated. The new assassin sure likes buckles.

Idgaf I just want a good story :p and maybe even just hang on Big Bens clock

rprkjj
12-03-2014, 12:28 AM
What I liked:
Victorian London. Not my first choice, and a bit samey compared to Paris, but an interesting setting nonetheless.
Moving/dynamic/interactive carriage AND trains? Yes please.
General aesthetic of the UI. Reminds me of the ACB color themes, but taking notes from the best UI in the series: AC3. Also makes me think we'll be using assassin tech, which will be refreshing after 3 games messing around with Abstergo's toys.
The grappling hook has potential to be a neat addition.
Moving top hat pick-ups? British as hell. Will be interesting to see exactly how this works.

What I didn't like:

The main characters outfit. Looked bad, imo. Hopefully we'll see something better as the game leaves alpha, also presuming gear customization returns.

D.I.D.
12-03-2014, 12:31 AM
What I didn't like:

The main characters outfit. Looked bad, imo. Hopefully we'll see something better as the game leaves alpha, also presuming gear customization returns.

I'm hoping for a proper range of suits, from proper London tailors. Other people can have their stabby monk crap if they like, but I'd rather not look like a murderous jester, especially in this location.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 12:33 AM

Lord give me strength.

AC always digs up some super obscure targets, I wouldn't worry. Who the hell ever heard of Charles Sivert or Thomas Hickey?

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm going to post this again, because people are still fretting; the final outfit is most likely going to look NOTHING like it does now. Remember Connor's target gameplay outfit?
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120926003333/assassinscreed/images/a/ab/Early_version_on_Connor_Kenways_outfit.jpg

The_Kiwi_
12-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Wait, what?
I'm going to assume that this is very clever photoshop and someone has tricked us all

TheHumanTowel
Idgaf I just want a good story :p and maybe even just hang on Big Bens clock
Ya if it's written well it won't matter I don't know much about Victorian history anyway. Just don't want it to be filled with action-movie crap like fighting on top of a carriage. The super over-designed main character is another bad sign. But it's early days so who knows.

PTE Reilly
Im quite ignorant about this stuff so can someone explain what Target is? its not Target as in the store is it?

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Im quite ignorant about this stuff so can someone explain what Target is? its not Target as in the store is it?

Basically it's just a film the developers make (in this case, with the game engine itself) to showcase what they want the gameplay to look and feel like. Typically it's for internal use only, both for pitching a project and to get everyone on the same page visually and thematically before going full-throttle into development.

Namikaze_17
12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm going to post this again, because people are still fretting; the final outfit is most likely going to look NOTHING like it does now. Remember Connor's target gameplay outfit?

He always looked like Altair in that...

Glad they changed it.

But you're right though.

PTE Reilly
12-03-2014, 12:41 AM
Basically it's just a film the developers make (in this case, with the game engine itself) to showcase what they want the gameplay to look and feel like. Typically it's for internal use only, both for pitching a project and to get everyone on the same page visually and thematically before going full-throttle into development.

ahh ok thanks

Mike111690
12-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Didn't buy Unity (extremely glad I didn't considering the story was garbage and the amount of bugs is astonishing) and I won't be buying this. Ubisoft needs to stop pumping out Assassin Creed games every year.

Nic727
12-03-2014, 12:55 AM
Look ok, but I hate when it's "modern". I like when there is no technologies in AC... This will be too much like Unity.

What I would like is an Assassin's Creed about Rome! Like Ryse Son of Rome, but in an AC style :)

And what about the return of PVP multiplayers and playable female characters?

Kaschra
12-03-2014, 01:07 AM
I hope the protagonist is already a bit older, like in his mid 40ies. Someone who already has a family.
We had enough young men for a while. Edward, Arno, Shay, all 21 years at the beginning of their games. Connor was even younger.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 01:15 AM
I hope the protagonist is already a bit older, like in his mid 40ies. Someone who already has a family.
We had enough young men for a while. Edward, Arno, Shay, all 21 years at the beginning of their games. Connor was even younger.

What I'm REALLY hoping for is that the rumors from last year are true. That this dude is Samuel Fey, and he's already in his 30s/40s with a wife and kids. THAT would be a unique twist that we haven't really seen in an AC game before (Edward was 30something and had Jenny at the very end of AC4, but you get what I'm saying). Enough of the whole "young hotshot joins the Brotherhood" shtick. Been there, done that, we no longer need to see the induction, that's retreading old ground. I want to see someone who's already a grown man established in the Brotherhood, balancing duties as an Assassin, husband, and a parent. That would be a fresh take on AC, and TBH a fresh take for gaming stories in general.

Although I really hope they don't blow it by killing off his wife and having him seek revenge :nonchalance:

Farlander1991
12-03-2014, 01:20 AM
(Edward was 30something and had Jenny at the very end of AC4, but you get what I'm saying).

Edward was 22 at the beginning of the game and got to 29 by the end of it, he didn't even get to his 30s :p

Kaschra
12-03-2014, 01:21 AM
What I'm REALLY hoping for is that the rumors from last year are true. That this dude is Samuel Fey, and he's already in his 30s/40s with a wife and kids. THAT would be a unique twist that we haven't really seen in an AC game before (Edward was 30something and had Jenny at the very end of AC4, but you get what I'm saying). Enough of the whole "young hotshot joins the Brotherhood" shtick. Been there, done that, we no longer need to see the induction, that's retreading old ground. I want to see someone who's already a grown man established in the Brotherhood, balancing duties as an Assassin, husband, and a parent. That would be a fresh take on AC, and TBH a fresh take for gaming stories in general.

Although I really hope they don't blow it by killing off his wife and having him seek revenge :nonchalance:

Completely agreed!
Yeah, Samuel Fay, or a character with a similar story and setup. The induction story is getting really old by now.

Oh please no, that would be cheaper than cheap :rolleyes:

Zafar1981
12-03-2014, 01:22 AM
The most important thing I need in this game is ambient music. Ubisoft still one year remaining and make sure this time it would be a perfect game.

The_Kiwi_
12-03-2014, 01:39 AM
I'm hoping that this game doesn't purposely link to Unity
The coolest thing about AC3 for me was that it was so different, and there was no connection to the previous games other than Achilles mentioning Ezio once
I'd prefer it if this game was completely independent from the other games, without any obvious Unity linkage

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Woke up from a power nap, did my routine googling of Assassin's Creed expecting nothing and HOLY ****!

London - finally! Big Ben looks so cool, the smokey chimneys, moving carriages. It all looks awesome, hope the actual video leaks soon. Although that is bad of me isn't it? In a way I'm a little disappointed because well I haven't even finished Unity, it feels a little too soon. But I'm still excited.
I do feel kind of bad for Ubisoft, these leaks always happen - wonder what it is about their employees that makes them run their mouth so much!

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 01:47 AM
Edward was 22 at the beginning of the game and got to 29 by the end of it, he didn't even get to his 30s :p

My bad, I was thinking the game ended in 1725 for some reason, but that's when Haytham was born. Still, he was a bit older and more experienced than our other protagonists in their debuts, barring Ezio's random 10-year jump at the end.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 01:49 AM
Woke up from a power nap, did my routine googling of Assassin's Creed expecting nothing and HOLY ****!

London - finally! Big Ben looks so cool, the smokey chimneys, moving carriages. It all looks awesome, hope the actual video leaks soon. Although that is bad of me isn't it? In a way I'm a little disappointed because well I haven't even finished Unity, it feels a little too soon. But I'm still excited.
I do feel kind of bad for Ubisoft, these leaks always happen - wonder what it is about their employees that makes them run their mouth so much!

I have a feeling Ubi has more control over these "leaks" than one would assume. I mean, come on, the first thing that leaks is a pristine target video, not some muddy, garbage screenshots? Fishy, fishy, fishy.

Derp43
12-03-2014, 01:51 AM
So the game has to be set post-1858(When the Clock Tower was completed), which should open up some pretty interesting weapon opportunities.

ACfan443
12-03-2014, 01:53 AM
I have a feeling Ubi has more control over these "leaks" than one would assume. I mean, come on, the first thing that leaks is a pristine target video, not some muddy, garbage screenshots? Fishy, fishy, fishy.

Not to mention AC4's and ACU's suspiciously similar leak origins (looks like the annual Ubi Airline flight was cancelled this year, or perhaps delayed).

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 01:54 AM

Where can I see the video? I've only saw screenshots.

Also I'm extremely sceptical of any target footage. Looks cool but a lot of the stuff might not be possible in game - the grappling hook will probably be I the game but function differently. No doubt the HUD will be less slick and full of player information instead of taking up as little of the screen as possible. :rolleyes:

Journey93
12-03-2014, 01:54 AM
so much for taking a break..
well I hope that this game will be more polished than Unity and also have a better story & characters
but after the Unity disappointment I'm not holding my breath

Kaschra
12-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Since Big Ben is finished, the game's story should take place around 1858 or later.
Unless we play as the protagonists father or the game starts before Big Ben is built and we only get to see it during the end of the game or whatever of course.

So the game has to be set post-1858(When the Clock Tower was completed), which should open up some pretty interesting weapon opportunities.

Damn, I was ninja'd

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 01:56 AM

Also I'm extremely sceptical of any target footage. Looks cool but a lot of the stuff might not be possible in game - the grappling hook will probably be I the game but function differently. No doubt the HUD will be less slick and full of player information instead of taking up as little of the screen as possible. :rolleyes:

The video only leaked to Kotaku, it hasn't made its way to the general public. It might soon, but it hasn't yet.

ACfan443
12-03-2014, 01:56 AM

That HUD is sexy as hell, and so was AC3's pre alpha version before they bulked it up with crap.

Deathcuck01
12-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Already? Really Ubisoft? That's it, they've literally confirmed my theory. They have a new forumla (that is designed around milking this franchise) and it goes like this:

>Assassins creed 3 released and it's garbage
>Assassins creed 4 releases with most of 3's core gameplay still intact and it's more refined and actually good (The boat mainly saved this game)
>Assassins creed Unity releases and it is complete garbage, broken and a complete step back from 4
>Assassins creed Victory will most likely be a more refined Unity but whether it will be good or not is something I am not sure about (in fact I doubt it) due to Unity having only MINOR features that could save Victory whereas 3-4 had a rather large gameplay component (Boats).
>Assassins creed Rogue WILL get a 'next gen' remaster (all the games are doing it) meaning Assassins creed as turned into Pokemon releasing multiple games in the same franchise a year.

Ubisoft, do the following:

>Take a damn year off and make people ACTUALLY WANT Assassins creed
>Feudal Japan

Seriously I am amazed at the lack of slander this new game is getting, I mean judging by the screenshots look at how far along in development it was! No wonder Unity was complete and utter broken, they were juggling 3 damn games IN THE SAME SERIES.

>Pokemon rehashes and milks a series and get's slandered
>Call of Duty rehashes and milks a series and get's slandered
>B-But it's okay when Assassins creed does it!

Lmfao, Jewbisoft has turned into a cancer.

LoyalACFan
12-03-2014, 01:59 AM
That HUD is sexy as hell, and so was AC3's pre alpha version before they bulked it up with crap.

AC3 has the best HUD in the series IMO, minus the annoying glitchy notifications. That's really what kills AC HUDs, the damned popups. "You have unspent Sync Points!" Yeah, I F**KING KNOW. You don't have to remind me every ten damn minutes. I turned off notifications, but I kinda wanted to see some of them (i.e. money chest being full).

Shahkulu101
12-03-2014, 01:59 AM

Yeah. I understand the actual gameplay is highly subject to change but why the HUD? They always get that right in the target footage and then change it to something ugly and obtrusive.

Wolfmeister1010
12-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Already? Really Ubisoft? That's it, they've literally confirmed my theory. They have a new forumla (that is designed around milking this franchise) and it goes like this:

>Assassins creed 3 released and it's garbage
>Assassins creed 4 releases with most of 3's core gameplay still intact and it's more refined and actually good (The boat mainly saved this game)
>Assassins creed Unity releases and it is complete garbage, broken and a complete step back from 4
>Assassins creed Victory will most likely be a more refined Unity but whether it will be good or not is something I am not sure about (in fact I doubt it) due to Unity having only MINOR features that could save Victory whereas 3-4 had a rather large gameplay component (Boats).

Ubisoft, do the following:

>Take a damn year off and make people ACTUALLY WANT Assassins creed
>Feudal Japan

Seriously I am amazed at the lack of slander this new game is getting, I mean judging by the screenshots look at how far along in development it was! No wonder Unity was ****ing broken, they were juggling 3 damn games IN THE SAME SERIES.

>Pokemon rehashes and milks a series and get's slandered
>Call of Duty rehashes and milks a series and get's slandered
>B-But it's okay when Assassins creed does it!

Lmfao, Jewbisoft has turned into a cancer.

As if your post was obnoxious enough, you had to throw in "Jewbisoft"

Not even clever lol

Deathcuck01
12-03-2014, 02:03 AM
As if your post was obnoxious enough, you had to throw in "Jewbisoft"

Not even clever lol

"I can't counter your post so your obnoxious / *insert a desperate attempt at invalidating somebodies argument* "

0/10, why don't you try that again?

pacmanate
12-03-2014, 02:04 AM
"I can't counter your post so your obnoxious / *insert a desperate attempt at invalidating somebodies argument* "

Regardless of your post, "Jewbisoft" is just ridiculous.

Journey93
12-03-2014, 02:05 AM
even though I'm not that excited (after Unity disappointment) I'm glad they ditched Arno
hopefully we will get an interesting protagonist this time

Deathcuck01
12-03-2014, 02:06 AM
Regardless of your post, "Jewbisoft" is just ridiculous.

The only thing ridiculous are the fanboys defending this BS.

As for the 'jewbisoft' are you implying they aren't totally trying to Jew their fans?

http://i.4cdn.org/v/1417566170647.png

"BUT MUH WEEKLY ASSASSINS CREED GAMES"

Take a seat...

Journey93
12-03-2014, 02:06 AM
I honestly expected it. Paris' assets are pretty darn close to London's. At least a lot closer than Egypt or Feudal Japan.

here's hoping Ubi won't screw up the story

phoenix-force411
12-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Sort of disappointed that some a-hole had to release the information already. It has been confirmed by Ubisoft themselves that the game is real, and they too are disappointed that it was leaked beyond the studio itself. Could they not have waited until March 2015 to leak it? It's too damn soon!

Wolfmeister1010

..what?

I don't have to humor you, lol.

But please, by all means continue with your..opinions, for all the 5 minutes you will remain a member here. It is entertaining

We're "implying" that you are ignorant and trash for making an antisemetic remark. Even if your post and opinion was totally logical and correct, the fact you made that remark completely destroys your validity

Journey93

French Revolution
Victorian London

sure as hell seems that way I mean Unity was just released not even a month ago... and we all know that these supposed leaks are always done on purpose
smart move Ubi but please just deliver this time instead of empty promises we are all pretty much sick of them now