PDA

View Full Version : Question about starting a new game.

Johny-Al-Knox
12-02-2014, 06:18 PM
So since there is not a start a new game option (lol). I have a question.

If i backup my current savegame does assassin rank etc stay with the savegame?

Also if i start a new game will my game be 100% restarted? or does anything carry over

machine4578
12-02-2014, 07:00 PM
So since there is not a start a new game option (lol). I have a question.

If i backup my current savegame does assassin rank etc stay with the savegame?

Also if i start a new game will my game be 100% restarted? or does anything carry over

yes [Removed] not even have an option to start a new game..
but to answer your question.. nothing carries over, not even the companion app rewards.. which imo needs to be fixed asap! because i NEVER want to waste another minute playing that stupid app!!.. LOL

del170919084429
12-02-2014, 10:45 PM
this is not true about the companion app rewards, I thought this aswell for a few days till I gave up trying. turn off cloud backup, go into the save directory delete folder 720, start a new game. at the beginning you will see that all of your chests and such will say one at a time unlocked, after you complete all of sequence 2 all the unlocks from the chests and such will start to add into your funds. you will see f-with the monetary value rise up over your head one at a time until all the unlocks are done. The blue chests are still in the world and don't show as opened, but you have the money anyway.

machine4578
12-03-2014, 01:39 AM
this is not true about the companion app rewards, I thought this aswell for a few days till I gave up trying. turn off cloud backup, go into the save directory delete folder 720, start a new game. at the beginning you will see that all of your chests and such will say one at a time unlocked, after you complete all of sequence 2 all the unlocks from the chests and such will start to add into your funds. you will see f-with the monetary value rise up over your head one at a time until all the unlocks are done. The blue chests are still in the world and don't show as opened, but you have the money anyway.

thanks for that info, but the fact that you cant "unlock" the chests again and they still clutter up your map, imo is not correct and needs to be fixed, not to mention that the devs need to add a "new game" feature.

also what about the missions and artifacts, are they "unlocked" too.. because honestly who cares about the money unlocks, i want the missions\rewards\artifacts\etc. to stay unlocked along with all the chests gone.. i didnt play for 2 weeks on the app to see blue chest all over my map when starting a new game.

jeffies04
12-03-2014, 03:44 AM
It's really surprising they would not put a new game button in the game. They weren't aiming for replayability?? One run and you're done??

I just can't wrap my head around it.

But anyway I've started a couple new games. Just delete those files while cloud saving is off and play to a save-point, then you can reactivate the cloud if you so choose. I only play on one machine so I just left it off.

kolia1001
12-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Seriosly Ubisoft!
How to start a new game without deleting anything???

USAdystopia
12-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Try the old-fashioned way...reinstall...fresh new game!

shickapowow
12-04-2014, 06:25 AM
Multiple save slots would be great.

jeffies04
12-04-2014, 09:20 AM
I really liked multiple save slots, but Watch Dogs started getting me used to it.

But absolutely add in a New Game feature!! Pretty simple function... all it has to do is delete the save files and tell the cloud.

LUR21
12-06-2014, 12:52 PM
Seriously does anyone know if there going to put in multiple save slots in patch 4? I don't want to backup and then delete my save and lose all my stats.

Mr_Shade
12-06-2014, 01:09 PM
Seriously does anyone know if there going to put in multiple save slots in patch 4? I don't want to backup and then delete my save and lose all my stats.

Hi, at present we don't have any details about Patch 4 - sorry!

LUR21
12-06-2014, 01:27 PM
Ok thanks shade. Hopefully it is something they are looking at.