PDA

View Full Version : JDM where are the Japanese cars! total of 3 so far in the game. disgusted!

johnny_blaze09
12-02-2014, 05:13 PM
i want my jdm cars 1990 and 2000 era. finally a good game comes out for the ps4 but it has a terrible car selection i even bought the season pass there better be a Honda dlc. anyone else with me out there on this one ?

Joker4232018
12-02-2014, 06:25 PM
i want my jdm cars 1990 and 2000 era. finally a good game comes out for the ps4 but it has a terrible car selection i even bought the season pass there better be a Honda dlc. anyone else with me out there on this one ?

Slim chance on that honda dlc. Honda does not like their cars affiliated with police in racing games. Any game with cops in it honda is mia. They try to stick more to professional racing.

Seshins
12-02-2014, 06:35 PM
yeah id like some 90s jdm goodness. s14 plz

Darius0117
12-02-2014, 06:39 PM
There's only 2 Japanese cars, the R34 and Z33, I've yet to discover a 3rd Japanese/JDM car.

Exidrial
12-02-2014, 07:05 PM
Yeah I would like to see some more japanese cars too.especially cars like the nissan GTR v spec,nismo, some mitsubishi and so on.

Im not a huge fan of american cars (Dodge Viper pretty much are an exception)...I prefer japanese cars.

HiTork
12-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Slim chance on that honda dlc. Honda does not like their cars affiliated with police in racing games. Any game with cops in it honda is mia. They try to stick more to professional racing.

Yep, although Honda hasn't come out in public saying this there is some evidence for this. Take a look at the "Need for Speed" franchise, ever since Honda appeared in the first "Underground" game they have been AWOL in any game in that series that has the police in it, such as Carbon, both Most Wanted games, Undercover, Hot Pursuit 2010, and Rivals. Nonetheless, the number of Asian cars in the game is extremely slim which is a bit odd considering how most contemporary games try to include a wide variety of licensed cars, not like '80s or '90s video games that basically only had exotics.

johnny_blaze09
12-02-2014, 09:08 PM
your right theres only 2 i thought i seen the r35 in a trailer but ive been playing all day went to all the dealers and have only seen the 370 and r34. u think that honda would reconsider its just a game

C00LACID
12-02-2014, 09:33 PM
It pretty much explains why they made such a secret out of the whole car list pre release... It is not because it is sooo groundbreaking cool - it's because it sucks...

After all that datamining and licensing of manufacturers NOT finding them ingame is a joke. Seems like they will try to sell them to us after the current season pass. They even PINNED a thread in the german forum with a car list with ~ 80 cars. Of course the never confirmed it... but seriously pinning an assumed list in the official forums by officials has the taste of getting lied... at least for me.

Exidrial
12-02-2014, 09:59 PM
according to advertisements there were supposed to be the Skyline GT-R,370z and GT-R in the game.
The GTR is not included in the game.

http://img.turboduck.net/games/2014/the-crew/thecrew-gameplay-premiere-smallprint.png

C00LACID
12-02-2014, 10:12 PM
Well, it says there will be those cars, not when, nor if they are included for free. Speaking about the Ruf cars i only found one in the shops as well....

The Fall 2014 only is for the game release itself... it is always the devil in the details ^^

FenrisSilver
12-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I do partly agree to be honest.
The line-up has a lot of nice muscle and exotic cars in there, pretty sporty cars but I am sad about the lack of choice a bit.
There's a ton of threads of people mentioning cars they want in the game and the big ones are seemingly 'Subaru Impreza , Mitsubishi Lancer/Evo , Toyota Supra and Mazda Rx7/8'
Eventually some more.

I was hoping to see the rx7 in game and buy it as my first car after the tutorial but unfortunately its not there. If I understand correctly though Subaru and Mazda are both listed as in the credits which means that they are allowed to use those trademarks right?
So I'd guess that means that we can expect more cars soon, outside of whats already shipping with the season pass... hopefully.

Sahloknir_
12-02-2014, 11:38 PM
Yeah i agree with you :)

There are not enough JDM Cars.
I hope for Subaru the 2004/2007 and 2011 would be damn nice! :)
And all the others! Like Mitsubishi Eclipse/Lancer Mazda RX-7, RX-8, Nissan GT-R R35, Nissan Silvia and so on. :)

Red-flag-22
12-03-2014, 12:08 AM
Totally agree with you guys. The current car list is a huge dissapointment for me. Nice selection of supercars, muscle cars but ..... where are those iconic street cars ? Isnīt street racing a big part of this game ? Or am I mistaken ?

We need Toyota Supra, Evo IX, Subaru Impreza, Mazda Rx-7, Mazda Rx-7, Nissan s13, Nissan s15 and many more ! Also some more tuners from europe would be nice - especially more BMWs ( E46, E30 ). Cīmon guys, those cars are a must for a street racing game !!! Stop adding other supercars untill those are in !

GDudz10
12-03-2014, 05:05 PM
I've only got to about level 15, but it's pretty much (give or take a mission or two) been ALL street racing. Why were JDM cars so popular in street races? Because they were cheap, powerful on stock and highly tunable. Sounds like the perfect car for a game like this?

Watanuki85
12-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Please don't be too hard on my post, this is just my opinion.......

I agree with this thread. I love the game so far granted it did disappointment me from what I through the game would actually be. However, this game is by far one of the better racing games IMO. With that being said, I just can't understand how you would add a bunch of muscle cars and forget the imports. Where's the 2015 Subaru STI? EVO X? I can understand not having the lower end cars like Honda Civics, Nissan Sentra Spec V, Subaru FRS simply do to the lack of power and interests. I love these cars don't get me wrong, I am a car enthusiast myself, but there comes a time when we have to realize we cant have a game where a low-end car does a engine swap to compete with all this higher-end ones that make up majority of the game. Doing something like that to this game would just cause more fabrication and possibly take FOEVER to release. But again what about the Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Track or Genesis 5.0?? So many amazing cars are missing from this game. I like older cars/muscle cars and whatever, but to me to have a game of this quality NOT to have imports is just insane. To be honest I would rather have a STI, or EVO X then the mini cooper S that they added as part of the pre-order deal. I just hope they focus more on imports in the future or come out with an import dlc. Why add a BMW Z4 or a crappy mustang(no offense, just not my cup of tea) then add a GTR35? Like in the previous posts imports are a must for a game like this! I also dont like how drifitng is not part of any of the sets granted you have street and performance but still. Other then all this great game=).

FZ09BANDIT
12-04-2014, 01:30 AM

You want 90-2000 Honda cars? LOLOLOL. those cars are garbage, tell me again how many came out with a worth a **** K20 engine? UBI I WANT GEO STORM.

Tl;DR- Honda cars are garbage and for wannabe tuners.

If you get the POS Honda, I want a eclipse gsx circa 99- actually a 97-98 eagle talon will do seeing as they already have a Chrysler licensure.