PDA

View Full Version : [UNITY] Guards Super Sight etc?

Marcus101RR
12-02-2014, 12:53 AM
Is it me, or is every mission in this game impossible to beat without being detected? The position of guards is so damn difficult that I cannot get a single stealth kill without being spotted by a guard 100 meters away. What is worst is you cannot kill anyone with out wasting 3-4 consumables for just one damn stealth kill.

strigoi1958
12-02-2014, 03:10 AM
I use eagle vision as much as possible and berserk a sniper or a brute they'll take out a few guards for you. Or you can always distract them with cherry bombs or throw a smoke bomb, walk up and kill with your hidden blade

Lignjoslav
12-02-2014, 03:25 AM
It's a little harder than the previous games in that respect, but guards aren't superhuman.

Pick your targets and time your kills wisely (pay attention to where the other guards are facing). Use cover and hidden kills whenever you can. Use ranged weapons, but try to be further away when you do that, or the other guards will see who's shooting - too close and they'll notice you even if you use Phantom blade, far enough and you can use the gun and remain undetected.

jeffies04
12-02-2014, 04:03 AM
They give you lots of tools. Play around with all of them to figure out which ones are more appropriate for your playstyle.

People scream every year for smarter AI. I think this AI is an improvement. People are quite perceptive in real life, I'd expect the guards in the game to be pretty sharp too.

similarly
12-02-2014, 04:26 AM
Advice:

1. use Eagle Vision so you always know where the bad guys are.
2. take the high ground. Find a low place not carefully patrolled, climb to a high place not carefully watched.
3. first, work your way around the top, using eagle vision to spot targets. Jump down on balcony targets. Sneak up on targets. If you have more than two together, thin them out with berserk darts. Low level targets can usually be taken out with one hit, if you're careful, use aim, and when possible go for a headshot. I normally aim for the chest to get a sure hit, though.
4. make use of disguise and smoke.
5. stay away from bells or else sabotage them. Once they ring the bell, you're in big trouble.
6. don't take the shortest route to a target. It usually has the most enemies.
7. improve lock picking asap. getting past locked doors opens more possibilities for stealth kills
8. use cover (space bar). I like to let a guy see me, then use cover next to a door. As he comes through, I cover-assassinate him. I once did that to three guys in a row as each guy came to investigate the noise.
9. use CROUCH! Crouch is absolutely silly. I can stand right in front of a guy crouched and he'll act clueless.
10. get equipment that plays to the strengths of your playstyle. I rely heavily on stealth, so I get hoods and trousers etc. that boost stealth abilities. If you're more of a frontal-assault guy, get equipment that boost health and armor. Stealth is better, imo, though. If you try to hero your way into a place, you're likely to get surrounded and chopped into itty-bitty pieces.