PDA

View Full Version : ground finish.

AntiChrist7
12-01-2014, 11:36 PM
Call me stupid all you want, but i cant pull this this off. I unlocked it, people are on the ground, i hold down the attack button, but he just doesnt do it.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2014, 08:37 PM
Call me stupid all you want, but i cant pull this this off. I unlocked it, people are on the ground, i hold down the attack button, but he just doesnt do it.

I have the same issue on PC. Wonder why it hasn't been addressed yet by others

DynaRider
12-02-2014, 08:54 PM
PS4. I haven't unlocked it but Arno quite often finishes a guard he has knocked down by leaping on him and jabbing his sword in. Don't know if the ground finish action is supposed to be something different or not.

I do experience a problem with air assassinations though. If I jump on a rifleman standing on a ledge or patio Arno knocks him down and then steps back till the rifleman gets up and then I have to finish him with a sword fight. Sometimes Arno will completely miss his target and land on the ground necessitating a sword fight.

Wolfmeister1010
12-02-2014, 09:39 PM
no, that is just an attack arno can do from the beginning to injure guards after he does staggering strike to knock them down. The finishing strike is supposed to be an instant kill move. And it is marked by that god damned ugly *** red weapon streak.

Which they still have to give us the option to turn off

Pr0metheus 1962
12-02-2014, 09:42 PM
I've unlocked the ground finish. I've tried it over 20 times and it just does not work at all for me.

I've also confirmed that the button for entering windows does not work on many windows.

cryo_burned
12-05-2014, 06:05 AM
If I heard right, you'll need the heavy strike for whatever weapon you have, and you use the heavy strike while they are on the ground after a staggering strike. Some level 5 guards can dodge this though, and sometimes it isn't an instant kill, either

SolidSage
12-05-2014, 07:03 AM
Sounds right. I've got all the weapon mastery. Some weapon classes have staggering strikes, pretty sure long weapons have a 'sweep', or you can body check them with the hold A move. Some guards don't fall to it.
But anyway, when you have the ground execute skill unlocked, you knock a guard down while he still has health, then hold X (on the box), to do the ground execute. Identifiable animation followed by the AI on the ground being dead. Whereas had you knocked him down and not done the ground execute, he would have got back up. Works fine for me.

Aerial knock downs
I know everyone knows that when you try to assassinate an 'alerted' guard, Arno knocks them down instead of killing them. Like they rejected it. Sometimes he'll miss altogether. This feature is working correctly for me.

Acentik
12-05-2014, 07:34 AM
You have to push him with holding A untill he gets to the ground and then hold X