PDA

View Full Version : AC Unity - How do I start a New Game?

AuthorPhoenix89
12-01-2014, 11:35 PM
Long story short? Started playing Unity basically on day one, stopped because of the frame-rate. Friend wants to do co-op missions today but isn't home yet, and I wanted to refresh my memory on the story so far. I went to start a new save file like I could on evey.other. AC game I've played, and evidently that is no longer an option, because I can't find anything in the main menu that indicates I can start up a new save file to play a new game.

Please tell me I'm just missing something. Please tell me I'm not restricted to this one single save file.

HDinHB
12-02-2014, 01:26 AM
I went to start a new save file like I could on evey.other. AC game I've played, and evidently that is no longer an option, because I can't find anything in the main menu that indicates I can start up a new save file to play a new game.

Please tell me I'm just missing something. Please tell me I'm not restricted to this one single save file.

That is the case. It seems stupid to me, and I have no idea the reasoning behind it.

http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-us/community/liveupdates/live_updates_details.aspx?c=tcm:152-184759-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

How do I restart the game? What can I do if something has happened to my save game?

Assassin's Creed Unity uses a save system that allows one saved game per platform account, so if you want to restart you would need to either delete your current saved game or open a new platform account. In addition, saved games are stored on cloud storage if it's available so that your saved game is portable and can move from machine to machine alongside your platform account. We have received a few reports of issues with saved game corruption or saved game deletion - if you have experienced anything like this please help our investigation by contacting our Customer Support teams. In the meantime, we're working on putting together information that will better explain how our saved game system operates and how to ensure your saved game files are backed up to minimize the potential impact of a critical error.​

Jackdaw951
12-02-2014, 06:49 AM
Long story short? Started playing Unity basically on day one, stopped because of the frame-rate. Friend wants to do co-op missions today but isn't home yet, and I wanted to refresh my memory on the story so far. I went to start a new save file like I could on evey.other. AC game I've played, and evidently that is no longer an option, because I can't find anything in the main menu that indicates I can start up a new save file to play a new game.

Yes, you are right. It's extremely stupid, particularly on the XONE, where we have no control at all over save files, other than deleting them.