PDA

View Full Version : Unity: Freerunning is not so free?

svaningelgem
12-01-2014, 07:48 PM
In the previous series I just press shift (for running), and whatever I run into, the character starts climbing.

In Unity, I press run, and the character just presses against the wall.
Even when I press shift-space (free run up), it doesn't want to start climbing.

What works though for me is that I start hitting my keyboard like crazy shift-space left-right-up. After a few seconds, Arno climbs...

I'm sure that's not the intention, but what is actually? How can I have the behaviour as in the previous games?

Like for example. I see a wall with a window I'm certain he can climb. I hit the keys... Nothing, then I do something, I've no idea what and suddenly Arno hangs from the top of the window.

Quite game-destroying because what is a climbing-game without the fun of climbing?

Any help would be appreciated!

wichking
12-01-2014, 07:52 PM
running is more like it was in ac 2, if you wanna climnb oyu just use climb up for me it works

svaningelgem
12-01-2014, 08:29 PM
What key combinations do you use?

YazX_
12-01-2014, 09:50 PM
this game cured the issue when running and accidentally start climbing when you come near a wall, now you need to press Shift + Space to climb but shift alone will just make safe jumps same as previous ACs/

Anykeyer
12-01-2014, 10:01 PM
this game cured the issue when running and accidentally start climbing when you come near a wall

Aha. Right after almost everyone got used to it and stopped climbing by accident,
I still dont get why I have to hold space when climbing to make Arno jump up. Or why its so hard to back eject or why he cant jump sideways from a wall.

What key combinations do you use?
I remap high profile (aka running) to right mouse button, which was the default setting in first games. Dunno why they even changed it. It was the best control scheme they ever had.

YazX_
12-02-2014, 12:09 AM
Aha. Right after almost everyone got used to it and stopped climbing by accident,
I still dont get why I have to hold space when climbing to make Arno jump up. Or why its so hard to back eject or why he cant jump sideways from a wall.

I remap high profile (aka running) to right mouse button, which was the default setting in first games. Dunno why they even changed it. It was the best control scheme they ever had.

LOL, same as do i, i dont like shift for running in this game although its ok for other games, the best key bindings were RMB for high profile.